Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What's your top 10 RB draft list look like for 2016 if you picked today?

What would you rank as the top 10 RB in the league for picks, if you had to rank them today?

I would guess Peterson, Freeman, and maybe Martin/Gurley would round out your top 4?

After this it gets tricky with injuries, and predictions?

Bell
Peterson

Charles

Gurley

Rawls

Martin

Freeman

Ingram

Latavius

Lamar Miller (hoping he's in Houston)

Bell

Peterson

Charles

Gurley

Rawls

Martin

Freeman

Ingram

Latavius

Lamar Miller (hoping he's in Houston)

David Johnson?

Definitely include David Johnson.

If Lynch goes to Dallas or NE I'd be intrigued but would have to see some really positive reports...

Sh!t, the SB hasn't even been played yet and I'm talking about drafting a possible NE RB. Shoot me now.

Ppr

Peterson

Freeman

L Bell

Charles

Gurley

Rawls

D Johnson

Martin

D Lewis

McCoy

I like Langford and Rawls to overachieve from their 'barely top 10' type of designations. Of course, they likely won't be drafted over Ap and Gurley. They probably shouldn't since those two are monsters with classic rb roles. But if it comes down to those two kids vs Freeman, Charles, bell, and David Johnson after the wrs invade the first round again, I don't know fo sho right now but I like what I saw. And young rbs with solid roles is what I want moreso than stacking up the cool-looking names at rb and being sad when the limpin starts. I'm gonna be on footballguys, assessing/guessing on schedules, guessing on roles, etc.

Free agency is gonna throw quite a few lists off. Lame-r Miller, forte, and maybe even Douglas Martin could have new homes. What I won't be thrown off on is getting sucked into believing in the pats riding one guy consistently. Ie: Lewis comes back or they sign a forte.

I can't figure out whether I believe Freeman or not. I need to work on that one too.

It's not looking. I will never draft a RB again in the first round unless he is a Marshall Faulk/LT type RB. Today's game is different than it was ten years ago. WR are getting the yardage now. Add in PPR and that's all she wrote.

I won't draft one of those listed in my first rounds going forward.

• Like 1

Agree with the post above .

It's not looking. I will never draft a RB again in the first round unless he is a Marshall Faulk/LT type RB. Today's game is different than it was ten years ago. WR are getting the yardage now. Add in PPR and that's all she wrote.

I won't draft one of those listed in my first rounds going forward.

The thread nor OP didn't state first round. It says list your top 10 running backs. Are you going to have ANY running backs on your team? That'd be a pretty dumb league setting. So surely you have a list of some running backs you would like to draft...thus..a top 10...

• Like 1

Are there any rookies who might be starters immediately who might crack top 10?

Elliot is your best bet.

I would be okay with Danny Woodhead in the 6th round, and Bilal Powell in the 10th. Add in 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 QB and spend the rest of my picks on number 2 RBs. Drop and pick-up as needed for byes and injuries.

Dez Bryant got hurt early and never truly rebounded. DT was inconsistent again. Don Metatron? Limpin and on decoy duty for a chunk of another season. Odb got himself suspended for most people's league semi-finals after having an early season hammy scare. AJ green? Also inconsistent. Even Julio limped around for a month or so to end up being robbed of the best wr season ever that he was on pace for. Even the best wr...Antonio Brown fell off a cliff and became unplayable for a while with Vick at qb.

Aka don't think mindlessly picking one of the top wrs is safe for every week high end production. Sure, you should be okay if you take AB in a ppr. But if you're picking 9th, hollering out AJ Green, Allen Robinson, or whatever top 5-ish wr isn't guaranteed weekly points and seasonal trophies. Don't turn off your brains. Do research. Like who you are drafting because you think they have a highly probable path to a mountain of points and a high weekly floor. Look at their schedules. Look at their o-lines, oc, and qb situations. Don't just think taking any top-ish wrs is automatically the way to go for you. The no brainer #1 scoring first round pick in fantasy is all but over. Faulk and lt are on NFL network and not scoring fantasy points anymore.

Dez Bryant got hurt early and never truly rebounded. DT was inconsistent again. Don Metatron? Limpin and on decoy duty for a chunk of another season. Odb got himself suspended for most people's league semi-finals after having an early season hammy scare. AJ green? Also inconsistent. Even Julio limped around for a month or so to end up being robbed of the best wr season ever that he was on pace for. Even the best wr...Antonio Brown fell off a cliff and became unplayable for a while with Vick at qb.

Aka don't think mindlessly picking one of the top wrs is safe for every week high end production. Sure, you should be okay if you take AB in a ppr. But if you're picking 9th, hollering out AJ Green, Allen Robinson, or whatever top 5-ish wr isn't guaranteed weekly points and seasonal trophies. Don't turn off your brains. Do research. Like who you are drafting because you think they have a highly probable path to a mountain of points and a high weekly floor. Look at their schedules. Look at their o-lines, oc, and qb situations. Don't just think taking any top-ish wrs is automatically the way to go for you. The no brainer #1 scoring first round pick in fantasy is all but over. Faulk and lt are on NFL network and not scoring fantasy points anymore.

Danny Woodhead was third in rankings in a ppr league. Powell when healthy was outplaying Ivory. I can draft some back-ups at RB that come in after an injury and are horses. So who is the number 1 WRs did you find late in your leagues that compared to Brown, Jones, A. Robinson ?

Side note: I enjoy this forum. I like to see people's opinion...especially when they are willing to aim to explain.

We might be on similar pages. You named 3 super grand wrs. Guys who were on my teams in the last two years. Guys who I targeted heavily. Other people were picking other guys super early in the drafts. Calvin and them...

I'm saying pick good players who have logical paths to CONSISTENT usage based on your research. And to think instead of assuming you're always going to end up with the right 'surprise' rbs via free agency. Taking the woodhead types and eating their 6 bad games a year while missing a couple of their borderline accidental blowup games is a bad way to go down. Crank, right? C-rank. Whatever you call it...

I tend to pick wrs early because I think I 'know'/watch enough to have a good idea of who is highly targeted and talented. After that, it is just a matter of catch %, schedule, and health. I had DT and AB in 2014 via end of first and early 2nd round picks. I snagged Mike Wallace in the 6th. He lacked catches but was a td/red zone machine. For whatever reason, DT and the old man are getting worse at connecting on passes so DT was down my list going into 2015.

Last year I got Julio in the first with the 4th pick (I believed) and Jarvis Landry in the 4th. And SSS in the 9th. And John brown in the 10th. And Marty Bryant in the 11. I missed ARob because I was too busy taking Abdullah in the 5th (oops) and Martin in the 6th (hey!). Theo Riddick and Charles Simms tried to ruin me! I also had Frank in the 3rd. Every died around him. I still like the logic on the pick.

I understand. People think they're gonna draft Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson, and bilal Powell types and win a bunch of leagues because they mostly 'hit'. But it's not that easy to pick those guys AND survive their dud weeks where they have no usage. That's the problem with those guys that can end up high on a total point list. It is the weekly floor...can you survive the floor enough to have them in your lineup when they hit their ceilings?

I have a 'roles' theory that I'm working on for rbs. I'll share when I have it more fleshed out. Catching passes for cheap points is only one role. And I've seen targeting that as a main thing go horribly wrong even when you get the 'right' players. And it is a true nightmare when you pick the wrong guys. You don't want to be in the middle of the season hoping for injuries so rando guys can be your rbs. It worked great this year but it won't be like that every time. Buck Allen can't be the difference between a 5th and 1st place finish for you.

Slow your roll on Rawls, dude tore up his ankle and a bunch of ligaments.

and people just do not learn. Lacy being dropped based off this season heading into next year is so prisoner of the moment its amusing.

Hey where was Martin at on rankings last year? Now you all love him again? Lacy is gone, will he be back to top 5 if he has a good season again?

STOP TREATING RANKINGS LIKE THE STOCK MARKET.

Thats how you win value games, not titles.

I dont do Top 10, I do Top 12s.

Bell

Charles

Gurley

Freeman

Peterson

Johnson

Martin

Lacy

Miller

Ingram

Rawls

Murray

If people think the same season will happen for Murray and Lacy, you all do not follow football closely. That is my opinion.

I'm not going into this season thinking Lacy will be fat. Why? Because in 2 out of the 3 seasons, he wasnt and did just fine.

Murray will be such a different situation that people will forget that he didnt fit Chips offense.

I'll play the odds of a betting man here.

I think D Murray is a better player than his stats from last season , and with that said I don't see Mathews disappearing so I'm not going to rank Murray based on last seasons appearance but based more on the fact that Mathews is going to see a lot of work also . So I don't see Murray in the top 12 because of the quality and quantity of work that Mathews will perform .

Lacy is going on my show me list , still not a true believer of Lacy never have been so I'm not buying right now , but I can be sold .

Lacy is going on my show me list , still not a true believer of Lacy never have been so I'm not buying right now , but I can be sold .

Oh don't worry, months of hype will turn us all into believers once may-July doldrums kick in.

Side note: I enjoy this forum. I like to see people's opinion...especially when they are willing to aim to explain.

We might be on similar pages. You named 3 super grand wrs. Guys who were on my teams in the last two years. Guys who I targeted heavily. Other people were picking other guys super early in the drafts. Calvin and them...

I'm saying pick good players who have logical paths to CONSISTENT usage based on your research. And to think instead of assuming you're always going to end up with the right 'surprise' rbs via free agency. Taking the woodhead types and eating their 6 bad games a year while missing a couple of their borderline accidental blowup games is a bad way to go down. Crank, right? C-rank. Whatever you call it...

I tend to pick wrs early because I think I 'know'/watch enough to have a good idea of who is highly targeted and talented. After that, it is just a matter of catch %, schedule, and health. I had DT and AB in 2014 via end of first and early 2nd round picks. I snagged Mike Wallace in the 6th. He lacked catches but was a td/red zone machine. For whatever reason, DT and the old man are getting worse at connecting on passes so DT was down my list going into 2015.

Last year I got Julio in the first with the 4th pick (I believed) and Jarvis Landry in the 4th. And SSS in the 9th. And John brown in the 10th. And Marty Bryant in the 11. I missed ARob because I was too busy taking Abdullah in the 5th (oops) and Martin in the 6th (hey!). Theo Riddick and Charles Simms tried to ruin me! I also had Frank in the 3rd. Every died around him. I still like the logic on the pick.

I understand. People think they're gonna draft Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson, and bilal Powell types and win a bunch of leagues because they mostly 'hit'. But it's not that easy to pick those guys AND survive their dud weeks where they have no usage. That's the problem with those guys that can end up high on a total point list. It is the weekly floor...can you survive the floor enough to have them in your lineup when they hit their ceilings?

I have a 'roles' theory that I'm working on for rbs. I'll share when I have it more fleshed out. Catching passes for cheap points is only one role. And I've seen targeting that as a main thing go horribly wrong even when you get the 'right' players. And it is a true nightmare when you pick the wrong guys. You don't want to be in the middle of the season hoping for injuries so rando guys can be your rbs. It worked great this year but it won't be like that every time. Buck Allen can't be the difference between a 5th and 1st place finish for you.

You still didn't get what I stated. I only got first 2 rounds to get 2 super grand WRs. I named 2 RBs out of 10 I can draft and start that are ppr and wait for injuries. Meanwhile I can maybe land Olsen at round 3 and a QB at 4. I will have so many picks to throw at RBs and pick-ups that I can sit Woodhead by week 3. Meanwhile you will be drafting guys you will have to dump at WR looking for a spot play. I will be more than happy with a Rawls, C.West, D. Williams, J. Langford, D.Johnson, D. McfFadden. Just how many Mike Wallace types are you going to have to pick to find 1 of these and what is your odds?

Oh don't worry, months of hype will turn us all into believers once may-July doldrums kick in.

Only if he slims down, he stays fat, no dice.

But if he slims down, how could he not be in the Top 10?

Dude was doing spin moves, rushing for 100 yard games and carrying a 4.1 average while fat.

If he slims down, he will be back to his prior 2 years.

Lacy could rebound. I think the Packers getting Nelson back would help Rogers and Lacy. It would renew that credible deep threat and open up more running lanes. Also, I believe next year is a contract year for Lacy. I would definitely have him rated above guys like Rawls, Ingram and Langford.

• Like 1

I know I'll be struggling with my keeper league. We're only allowed 2 keepers and my team was LOADED!

One keeper will be A Brown, but the other could be Charles or Freeman. Or I could keep Newton (though not likely as QBs are devalued in a 10-team 1-QB league). I even have K Allen and Edelman too. Oh, and G Olsen.

Like I said, loaded.

For me, the best is L Bell and it's not even close.

After that, Charles (inj), Peterson (age and little PPR), Gurley (bad team), Freeman (small) all have questions. Really like D Johnson though. Looks very studish.

Bell

Charles

Gurley

Freeman

Peterson

Johnson

Martin

Lacy

Miller

Ingram

Rawls

Murray

Pretty similar to my own list. Won't get into much details on the differences until the combine/draft is over though; too much can change w trades and new coaches.

I know I'll be struggling with my keeper league. We're only allowed 2 keepers and my team was LOADED!

One keeper will be A Brown, but the other could be Charles or Freeman. Or I could keep Newton (though not likely as QBs are devalued in a 10-team 1-QB league). I even have K Allen and Edelman too. Oh, and G Olsen.

Like I said, loaded.

For me, the best is L Bell and it's not even close.

After that, Charles (inj), Peterson (age and little PPR), Gurley (bad team), Freeman (small) all have questions. Really like D Johnson though. Looks very studish.

Would add Bell to the list , he has questions also , been hurt the last two seasons . Not going to even look at rb until round three if that early , done done I say with them all .

Slow your roll on Rawls, dude tore up his ankle and a bunch of ligaments.

and people just do not learn. Lacy being dropped based off this season heading into next year is so prisoner of the moment its amusing.

Hey where was Martin at on rankings last year? Now you all love him again? Lacy is gone, will he be back to top 5 if he has a good season again?

STOP TREATING RANKINGS LIKE THE STOCK MARKET.

Thats how you win value games, not titles.

ESPN's Brock Huard reports Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls (broken ankle) doesn't need surgery, and the injury should have "no long-term ramifications."

It's a surprise after coach Pete Carroll declared Rawls' injury "substantial," and said he could also be dealing with torn ligaments. Huard isn't a typical Rotoworld source, but is plugged into the Seattle sporting scene. Regardless of how serious his injury is, Rawls has proven to be an elite "hold" in Dynasty leagues. The odds are strong he's Seattle's workhorse back in 2016.
Mon, Dec 14, 2015 02:51:00 P

why wouldnt AP be everyone's top guy?

Wrong side of 30 (will be 31 in March) and isn't a big part of the passing game?

• Like 1

why wouldnt AP be everyone's top guy?

Wrong side of 30 (will be 31 in March) and isn't a big part of the passing game?

Right , I agree .

Anyone else think Freeman is a one hit wonder?

Did not see much from Coleman , so it looks like Freeman's job to lose . Right now I have him ranked higher than most I'm sure .

Can't believe so many people have Charles in their top 5.

Soon to be 30 year old RB with two torn ACL's in 4 years. No thanks.

Remember when people thought that about Peterson?

Yeah, I do too. Tell me, how did Peterson due the year after a short turn around on an ACL tear?

These are not your fathers torn ACLs, these are not the crippling injury of years past.

Thomas Davis has 3 torn acls and was a monster this year.

The thread nor OP didn't state first round. It says list your top 10 running backs. Are you going to have ANY running backs on your team? That'd be a pretty dumb league setting. So surely you have a list of some running backs you would like to draft...thus..a top 10...

Let me simplify: I don't care who the consensus top ten running backs are. I won't be drafting them. I'm going to let you draft them. By the time it's time to draft a running back, I'll have my three starting receivers locked in in my PPR league and I'll draft best available running back after. I'm going to take one of the wide receivers that you were hoping to land to go along with your first round running back that is probably going to get hurt or not be in the top ten at his position by the end of the year.

Let me simplify: I don't care who the consensus top ten running backs are. I won't be drafting them. I'm going to let you draft them. By the time it's time to draft a running back, I'll have my three starting receivers locked in in my PPR league and I'll draft best available running back after. I'm going to take one of the wide receivers that you were hoping to land to go along with your first round running back that is probably going to get hurt or not be in the top ten at his position by the end of the year.

This is not a wise logic, in theory sure, but each season is different and this logic rarely works.

Let me simplify:

Simplicity still doesn't involve actually contributing whatsoever to the thread.

Here...lemme show you how you can actually be a contributor to the thread rather than a troll.

"Since everyone is going to be drafting RBs early, I'm going to load up on stud (and reliable) wide receivers and target these devalued running backs afterwards:

Lamar Miller (in a new destination)

Gio/Hill (whichever falls)

Dion Lewis

DeMarco Murray

Carlos Hyde

Zeke Elliott

Karlos Williams

Melvin Ingram

CJ Anderson

Ameer Abdullah

"

This is not a wise logic, in theory sure, but each season is different and this logic rarely works.

Running backs are not nearly as important as they used to be. Between injury, running back by committee, and it now being a passing league, there are maybe three or four good running backs and everybody after them are average at best. Wide receivers are now more important than running backs. And if you are in a PPR league that starts three wide receivers/tight ends, having three top fifteen wide receivers trumps your one top ten running back and second top thirty running back every week.