Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Whats your favorite Chinese food from your local dive?

That is a fairly innacurate generalization. i happen to enjoy all regional asian cuisine and good chinese can easily take on the others. I would say that one would have a higher probability of having a mediocre to bad chinese experince vs thai, etc, but mostly due to volume (there are so many more chinese restaurants than the others).

As someone from San Francisco with both parents from New York, I have experienced a decent amount of each (an really enjoy them). I's not the water, but the region of origin from the chinese emmigrants . i saw a strong cantonese contingent in NY. i have seen a little of everything in SF: most preminent is mandarin, then a mix of cantonese, hunan, schezuan, hakkan, monoglian. West vs East= they each do some things differently but good is good.

^^

I'm curious about the whole New York Chinese food is better than _______. Must be something with the water like pizza and bagels. I've seen a few places that advertise something along the lines of authentic NY Chinese food. Anybody ever heard or thought this?

So I guess we are saying Hdaddy is Dickby. No ? Did I spell that wrong ?

Dickby##s

Pepper beef and honey garlic pork. Ummmmm.

General Tso's Chicken extra spicy. If its a Friday or Saturday night, I will get a quart of beef friend rice for breakfast the next morning. Heat up the beef fried rice, cook 3-4 eggs over easy and lay them on top....

General Tso's Chicken extra spicy. If its a Friday or Saturday night, I will get a quart of beef friend rice for breakfast the next morning. Heat up the beef fried rice, cook 3-4 eggs over easy and lay them on top....

This

For Houston peeps, gotta hit Mais.

Definitely not a dive.

Their Garlic Beef was once named best steak in Houston.

Thats saying something.

Huge menu, great quality.

Besides , open until 4a.m.

Best floor show in Texas.

From a local dive? Panda Express has great fried honey orange glazed chicken and fried prawns. Not the healthiest but like the crunch factor.

No Mooshy pork?

My local fav, has barbecue duck & pork which is amazing. Actually every dish is really good. Authentic Chinese, not American Chinese. If I go at midnight, i will be the only roundeye in the joint.

We have a place here, that I discovered, you can actually Google it called Donuts and noodles.You just have to know that there's no way in hell they're changing There donut grease before they switch in the lunch and dinner mode.But that can't be nearly as bad as the fact that they don't change Their lunch and dinner Grease back to their morning breakfast grease.

Yes, I'll have the shrimp donuts with the chocolate glaze please!

Love me some pepper steak. To the point that this is almost all I order.

The pepper steak at PF Change is the BOMB..

I always order #2. I love hearing the waitress repeat "You want #2?"

to which you reply "why else would I call you"

Is getting Chinese food on New year's Eve just a mass thing? Didn't do it in upstate NY growing up

So I guess we are saying Hdaddy is Dickby. No ? Did I spell that wrong ?

Dickby##s

False

3-4 eggs on beef fried rice for breakfast... how big are you? :unsure:

False

So you just happen to post the same exact question. MmmOK

Is getting Chinese food on New year's Eve just a mass thing? Didn't do it in upstate NY growing up

Probably because Chinese immigrants are smart enough not to consider

Rochester as "The Far East".