Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Those who lost on A. Brown TD reversal

It's amazing how 32 referees, there would have been 16 that left it a TD and 16 that overturned it.

How about some focking consistency????

How many extra yards would it have given him? I probably won because of that and would like to send photo to my opponent. :banana:

Only like 10, he caught a pass in that same drive after the screwjob

I won anyway, but it was obvious to me that they screwed up the call. WTF is the point of instant replay if the orangutans are too stupid to get it right with all of technology at their beck and call?

Steve Young said it correctly: they showed a still picture of the foot divot as though it was supposed to support the call that they made. Imbeciles. Young said - correctly - that all the picture showed was that the divot 'flipped over' onto the chalk, plainly proving that AB dug his second foot inbounds for a TD.

NFL refs have no idea what "conclusive evidence" means. That theory is backed up by Mike Carey spewing nonsense every time he's brought in for analysis.

I'm also flabbergasted that, since the Hochuli fumble botch, every ref in every game still blows a whistle and rules the player down by contact the second the ball comes out rather than letting the play run its course. And 99% of the time they're wrong and would-be defensive TDs are taken away.

I donno, that pic may be decieving. look at this video, its midway down the page after the dance. the first angle tells me he came down out of bounds, the second is closer but not at all as clear as the tweet pic, wich is from this same angle. I went frame by frame and there is a part where the pic matches but its hard to tell if your a braindead ref. I wouldnt have overturned it but from that first shot I can def see the argument for it.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/antonio-brown--refs-twitter-botched-call

this may be a better vid. https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/02B9ECA7F01136181216937500672_2ca6fbe53a3.5.1.801370578294112959.mp4?versionId=nUHWstbP7ybOiYQKlba62G_0YIEjKmXJ

This reminds me of the santonio holmes td from the SB. Theres a pic of his toes touching but he didnt yet have control at that point.

I donno, that pic may be decieving. look at this video, its midway down the page after the dance. the first angle tells me he came down out of bounds, the second is closer but not at all as clear as the tweet pic, wich is from this same angle. I went frame by frame and there is a part where the pic matches but its hard to tell if your a braindead ref. I wouldnt have overturned it but from that first shot I can def see the argument for it.

this may be a better vid. https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/02B9ECA7F01136181216937500672_2ca6fbe53a3.5.1.801370578294112959.mp4?versionId=nUHWstbP7ybOiYQKlba62G_0YIEjKmXJ

This reminds me of the santonio holmes td from the SB that people have a pic of his toes touching but he didnt yet have control at that point.

The fact you can argue both for and against an overturn by it's definition means there is not clear evidence to overturn

When ref says play stands it means ther wasn't enough evidence to overturn

When ref says play is confirmed it means clear evidence

When ref says it's overturned there must be clear and undesputable evidence

• Like 1

Don't feel bad this AM, I mean it was called TD on the field and it had to be obvious for them to overturn it, well here is your obvious photo evidence :blink:

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/42359972/ABTweet.0.0_standard_709.0.png

Sounds like from what I have seen the call was right . So you can now come down off the roof now

I lost by less than half pt after going in down 42.8 and having Ben,

Brown & Pitt def in my lineup. The refs cost me a def TD on the fumble

that wasnt even called on the field but they stopped the play...

I got shafted all night & feel like I had the right lineup to win FOOK ME

It was the right call, it wasn't a catch... Murf is just pissed because it went against the Steelers...

It was the right call, it wasn't a catch... Murf is just pissed because it went against the Steelers...

I disagree. The divot illustrates that it was a catch, as does the still photo. Brown had possession right away; didn't bobble, and dragged his foot deep into the turf, lifting the divot and pushing it over the chalk.

I disagree. The divot illustrates that it was a catch, as does the still photo. Brown had possession right away; didn't bobble, and dragged his foot deep into the turf, lifting the divot and pushing it over the chalk.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you are right... Especially in this case...

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you are right... Especially in this case...

Yes, thanks for your scintillating rebuttal. :rolleyes:

And how exactly is your sage commentary not equally directed at you? You've made no case at all. We have a still photo showing two AB feet inbound completely. What do you have?

Yes, thanks for your scintillating rebuttal. :rolleyes:

And how exactly is your sage commentary not equally directed at you? You've made no case at all. We have a still photo showing two AB feet inbound completely. What do you have?

I have the call that the officials made overturning the original call from conclusive video evidence...

I have the call that the officials made overturning the original call from conclusive video evidence...

Objection, counselor. That is the premise in question. Citing it as the basis for your argument is circular reasoning, and a non sequitur.

Try again.

Objection, counselor. That is the premise in question. Citing it as the basis for your argument is circular reasoning, and a non sequitur.

Try again.

No need... I thought he was out when I first saw the play and video confirmed it...

No need... I thought he was out when I first saw the play and video confirmed it...

:rolleyes:

No, video didn't confirm it, seeing as many commentators were watching the video while it was under review, and came to the exact opposite conclusion as you do - including me. Beyond that, the picture - posted above - of AB's feet completely inbounds refutes your claim.

It doesn't matter where the divot ends. Plenty of WRs drag both of their feet from in to out of bounds on completions, and this one was no different. AB was robbed on that play.

:rolleyes:

No, video didn't confirm it, seeing as many commentators were watching the video while it was under review, and came to the exact opposite conclusion as you do - including me. Beyond that, the picture - posted above - of AB's feet completely inbounds refutes your claim.

It doesn't matter where the divot ends. Plenty of WRs drag both of their feet from in to out of bounds on completions, and this one was no different. AB was robbed on that play.

Like I said, you can think what you want, but you are obviously wrong...

If that happened during a game I was officiating and two feet were required for a catch, it would have been incomplete just like the video proved...

Like I said, you can think what you want, but you are obviously wrong...

If that happened during a game I was officiating and two feet were required for a catch, it would have been incomplete just like the video proved...

You're not doing too well with this argument by avoiding any reasoning behind your claim. It's like saying "because I said so". :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Like I said, you can think what you want, but you are obviously wrong...If that happened during a game I was officiating and two feet were required for a catch, it would have been incomplete just like the video proved...

Ah. You claim you're an official - that explains your iron-clad logic. :rolleyes:

Try these videos on for size, which totally refutes your claim and demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that his left foot was in before it dragged out:

I welcome your continued devastating style of debate. :lol:

You're not doing too well with this argument by avoiding any reasoning behind your claim. It's like saying "because I said so". :thumbsdown:

That is fine... I also said that wearing the zebra stripes, I would have made the same call that the video confirmed... So in that case, "because I say so" is fine...

Ah. You claim you're an official - that explains your iron-clad logic. :rolleyes:

Try these videos on for size, which totally refutes your claim and demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that his left foot was in before it dragged out:

I welcome your continued devastating style of debate. :lol:

Oh gee, so since Brown tweeted it should be a catch?

Okay, sounds good to me...

Oh gee, so since Brown tweeted it should be a catch?Okay, sounds good to me...

Gawd help the league of retarded 5 year olds you ref.

Gawd help the league of retarded 5 year olds you ref.

I will say hi to your kid next time I see him licking the water cooler...

Absolutely horrible overturn. If the original call was an incomplete pass, then it would be a stretch to overturn it...but it would be possible based on those still shots. There's no way to overturn a called TD. Unexcusable. And yes it cost me a win. I put up the 2nd most points in the 12 man league (21 more than the 3rd highest scorer) only to find out today that this call cost me a victory. Garbage. #bitterffplayer

• Like 1

I will say hi to your kid next time I see him licking the water cooler...

You're a ref. You can't see shiat. :lol:

The OPs picture is fake, check out the video. He doesn't have an inch of Green when he plants his foot.....maybe he's grazing along the top blades of grass, but when he plants the toe touches white.

OUT

I should've won on that TD catch but instead went down 7 points or so.

Thankfully I had Foster & his final TD gave me a 0.82 win.

How many extra yards would it have given him? I probably won because of that and would like to send photo to my opponent. :banana:

It would have been a 17 yarder, which would have given me high score for the week. (I still won my head to head match up.) I think he did have another 10 yard catch after the call reversal and after a loss yardage (penalty? sack?). So, to answer your question, it would have given him 7 more yards (in addition to TD points).

Not just that, but the delay of game shortly there after screwed me. I have Brown, my opponent has Suisham. The missed TD meant 3 points for him. Then a little later Suisham was lined up from 35 yards out. Pittsburgh takes a delay of game penalty, pushing the kick out to 40 yards. Enough to bump his kick from 3 fantasy points to 4. Final result? I lose by less than one freaking point!

The OPs picture is fake, check out the video. He doesn't have an inch of Green when he plants his foot.....maybe he's grazing along the top blades of grass, but when he plants the toe touches white.

OUT

Look at the link I provided. They take a frame from the backside video. It looks in.