Sign in to follow this  
LIVE54

Zuerlein to IR!

So Legatron is done for the year, anyone have the balls to actually pick up Fickens and start him? I know Zuerlein has been beyond accurate, but can Fickens step into this high powered offense and put up some points for championship week?

So i re-checked all my matchups this week and thought, heh, let's be thorough and even punch up the Points-Against-Kickers page, which is something I never do. Lo and behold, my Zuerlein was going up against TEN who had yielded the most points to K's this season. A little something to take the gloom off seeing all the bad matchups my WRs were facing this week.

There goes that...

My QB (Rodgers) and now K to IR the week of the Ship.

Major kick to the groin....

My QB (Rodgers) and now K to IR the week of the Ship.

Major kick to the groin....

You obviously made the championship without Rodgers, so I am guessing you are covered.

So i re-checked all my matchups this week and thought, heh, let's be thorough and even punch up the Points-Against-Kickers page, which is something I never do. Lo and behold, my Zuerlein was going up against TEN who had yielded the most points to K's this season. A little something to take the gloom off seeing all the bad matchups my WRs were facing this week.

There goes that...

Kickers are probably the easiest position to stream, IMO. Unless you’re in a very large league there should be plenty of kickers on the waiver wire with decent to great matchups, including Zuerlein’s replacement.

Kickers are probably the easiest position to stream, IMO. Unless you’re in a very large league there should be plenty of kickers on the waiver wire with decent to great matchups, including Zuerlein’s replacement.

This

I went with Dawson. The Cardinals offense is bad, but they play the Giants.

Another option was Gould. The Niner offense is "better" than the Cardinals, but they play the Jags.

One other option was Lambo. The Jags play Arizona.

In my office league, we're not allowed any transactions after Week 13. I don't have Zuerlein, but the guy who I'm playing in the championship does... and it's his only kicker. I emailed him with the word "karma". Only because he was laughing at me last week when Rudolph was listed as "Out" and I had no backup.

I am playing against someone who has Zuerlein. I scooped up Butker and Gano as I thought those were the best replacements for him to pick up off of waivers. Dirty or savvy? I did leave Finkel on waivers as his name reminds me of Ray Finkle. Ace Ventura Pet Detective taught me about him.

Legatron has been a true hero this season, putting up stupid high numbers almost every week. Hope he gets better soon.

I replaced him with Gould. Yes they play the Jags, but since Jimmy G took over Gould has put up 15, 17, and 24 against CHI, HOU, and TEN. I think he can maintain his hot streak.

Sure, but Zuerlein's average was 11.3 pts per game, the next guy is Butker at 10.5 and all the rest are 9+ and below. So losing Zuerlein smarts a bit more than just losing an average kicker.

One opponent picked Lambo, the other picked Elliot.

I wish he hadn't taken Elliot since I am playing him in my lineup in the other league. I just hate starting a guy who my opponent in another league starts.

In my office league, we're not allowed any transactions after Week 13. I don't have Zuerlein, but the guy who I'm playing in the championship does... and it's his only kicker. I emailed him with the word "karma". Only because he was laughing at me last week when Rudolph was listed as "Out" and I had no backup.

We have similar playoff rules but we have an exception if a K gets hurt & is only K rostered.

We have similar playoff rules but we have an exception if a K gets hurt & is only K rostered.

I'm not a big fan of the rule personally, especially since we only have a 5-man bench. I'd be ok if we were allowed just 1 pickup per position during the post-season. As it is, either I take a gamble on positions you only have 1 of, or half your bench is a backup you hope to never have to play. At least you have a kicker exception, that's pretty good.

I never roster more than 1 QB, 1 TE, or 1 K in that league, because as I said, we have short benches. With that being the case, there's always a TE or QB to go pick up. If on my bench I have 5 solid players, like Diggs, Drake, Collins, Schuster, and Gordon... I'd have to cut 3 of them! That's just stupid.

I'm not a big fan of the rule personally, especially since we only have a 5-man bench. I'd be ok if we were allowed just 1 pickup per position during the post-season. As it is, either I take a gamble on positions you only have 1 of, or half your bench is a backup you hope to never have to play. At least you have a kicker exception, that's pretty good.

I never roster more than 1 QB, 1 TE, or 1 K in that league, because as I said, we have short benches. With that being the case, there's always a TE or QB to go pick up. If on my bench I have 5 solid players, like Diggs, Drake, Collins, Schuster, and Gordon... I'd have to cut 3 of them! That's just stupid.

In our league, playoff teams have 1 pickup per week to keep from a team acquiring players to block another team from getting a position they really need. For instance this year, 1 of title teams had Wentz and Rodgers so the other title team picked up Files as their only pickup leaving slim pickings in FA pool so the initial team is deciding between Jimmy G & Dalton.

We don't allow K or DEF to be picked up in playoffs, but years ago a team had 1 kicker who was rostered & got hurt in playoffs so we allowed them to pickup a K to avoid the zero.

i'm the guy with Zuerlein as my only kicker and no backup in a closed transaction league with a lot of $$ on the line and it blows. I guess i should've picked up a backup prior to week 13 but figured chances of kicker getting hurt were very small.

In our league, playoff teams have 1 pickup per week to keep from a team acquiring players to block another team from getting a position they really need. For instance this year, 1 of title teams had Wentz and Rodgers so the other title team picked up Files as their only pickup leaving slim pickings in FA pool so the initial team is deciding between Jimmy G & Dalton.

We don't allow K or DEF to be picked up in playoffs, but years ago a team had 1 kicker who was rostered & got hurt in playoffs so we allowed them to pickup a K to avoid the zero.

That is a rule I would love. I'll look into trying to get that for next year. Thanks.

• Like 1