Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

This whole Chipotle thing...

Job back. Apology from the company. Back pay, maybe a bonus of some kind for the trouble. I would also suggest that they should think about training their internal management on how to better handle these situations, no need to give in to the SJW bullsh!t immediately.

There ya go.

The only fool in this thread is you. The sue happy, proven habitual liar who leeches off the rest of us by faking disabilities. Go make up a heroic Thanksgiving story for us clown.

Lol dont be so upset you got exposed as an idiot again. I can see the anger in your post. With you, common sense, logic, and levelheadedness goes out the window. Cant have a conversation with you because you sling insults then get butthurt when proven wrong just like you have been in this thread. So just stop. You were wrong and made to look like a fool. Move on

How do things like promotions work when you are working at a job where you have been unjustly fired and then given the job back?

I'm guessing things are really awkward moving forward.

I'm not a big litigation guy but, a payout and public apology is probably the way to go. The wrongly accused could then move on to another company with a clean slate and get on with their life.

Job back. Apology from the company. Back pay, maybe a bonus of some kind for the trouble. I would also suggest that they should think about training their internal management on how to better handle these situations, no need to give in to the SJW bullsh!t immediately.

yup. i mean im kinda with vudu here. a million dollar lawsuit where bloodsucking lawyers win? fock that. some kind of fair agreement. okay.

Lol dont be so upset you got exposed as an idiot again. I can see the anger in your post. With you, common sense, logic, and levelheadedness goes out the window. Cant have a conversation with you because you sling insults then get butthurt when proven wrong just like you have been in this thread. So just stop. You were wrong and made to look like a fool. Move on

Sometimes it's hard to believe you're this stupid.

There's no right or wrong in situations like this. There are only opinions. But that's your MO. HT and Timmy are on my side! So, I'm right and vudu's wrong! Gimme a cookie mommy!

Sometimes it's hard to believe you're this stupid.

There's no right or wrong in situations like this. There are only opinions. But that's your MO. HT and Timmy are on my side! So, I'm right and vudu's wrong! Gimme a cookie mommy!

Sucks being wrong and a pathetic loser doesnt it? I wouldnt know cause I havent ever been one but watching you flop around crying for attention is entertaining. Im done with you though on this thread. Getting ready to head to the beach so I wont have time to laugh at you anymore. Others can do it in my place. Have fun :wave:

Reminds me of the Geeks calling #metoo on Acosta and accusing Gillum of racism. At some point they became the whiny thin skinned grievance mongers they hate.

They're way past that point. Sprinkle in the requisite language fed to them by their angry internet overlords, and they act like bizarro SJWs.

I just see the world a little differently than I used to. I used to hold grudges and at times was a vengeful person. At some point, I realized that kind of thinking didn't add anything positive to my life.

This guy gets it.

Philosophically I'm on the "don't sue" side, who is that, Vudu? Fock, I've lost track at this point with you cackling hens. :(

That being said, all 3 of my kids have worked as servers and/or hosts in fast food; my younger daughter (17) is both hosting at Denny's and making pizzas at Dominos. The stories I've heard from them about the full-time employees are... impressive in an unimpressive way. Half of them seem to quit one day because... whatever. Basically I would not be surprised in the least if this manager sued Chipotle for a bazillion dollars. :dunno:

Id sue. But Im from the sue happy generation apparently. Destroy my good name like that Im coming after you, you can pound sand and keep your job.

Id demand compensation for what it would have been if I worked an entire career there at my current position and whatever else the lawyer can cook up.

Id sue chipotle and those guys if I were the manager.

Id ask for my lost wages and chipotle should fire the guy who fired the manager for not doing his homework before making his decision.

Id ask for my lost wages and chipotle should fire the guy who fired the manager for not doing his homework before making his decision.

Meh, if we go supporting the firing of people for every transgression then we are no better than the leftists that created this shitstain of a social model.....I would much prefer to stay above the filth, behave in a rational and moral way, show leftists how to behave in civilized society....

So, the moral of the story is that we should not just take a snippet of video (or audio) that may have been taken out of context without getting background and full context. Until then, we can withhold our fake outrage. :dunno:

So, the moral of the story is that we should not just take a snippet of video (or audio) that may have been taken out of context without getting background and full context. Until then, we can withhold our fake outrage. :dunno:

I think that depends.....liberal or conservative? The reason companies feel compelled to act rapidly is the leftist/liberal agenda to attack.

Meh, if we go supporting the firing of people for every transgression then we are no better than the leftists that created this shitstain of a social model.....I would much prefer to stay above the filth, behave in a rational and moral way, show leftists how to behave in civilized society....

Youre the same guy who said even peaceful BLM protestors should die in a fire, right?

Youre the same guy who said even peaceful BLM protestors should die in a fire, right?

Yep, I would celebrate them dying in a fire, tasting their own blood....they are the worst among us. But...I will not deny them their right to protest, say idiotic things, be generally stupid....that does not prevent me from celebrating every bad thing that might happen to them

I think that depends.....liberal or conservative? The reason companies feel compelled to act rapidly is the leftist/liberal agenda to attack.

I think that you forget that the righty fundamentalists were damn good at going after "immoral" content. Look up Parents TV Council.

I think that you forget that the righty fundamentalists were damn good at going after "immoral" content. Look up Parents TV Council.

Right, I think this has merit, but the righties were not violent and did not practice economic terrorism.

Right, I think this has merit, but the righties were not violent and did not practice economic terrorism.

Righties were huge boycott people. I don't know if they were violent or not. I would not be surprised if there were bricks thrown through windows or other threats, though.

This is not some sort of new sets of tactics.

Righties were huge boycott people. I don't know if they were violent or not. I would not be surprised if there were bricks thrown through windows or other threats, though.

This is not some sort of new sets of tactics.

I do not recall any instances of what you speak, I notice the reaction of companies such as Chipotle in this instance, are there similar reactions from these righty boycotts you mention?

I do not recall any instances of what you speak, I notice the reaction of companies such as Chipotle in this instance, are there similar reactions from these righty boycotts you mention?

Sure. Look up Clear Channel. They dropped all sorts of people because of threats of boycotts from very small groups of right-wing fundies. God forbid someone says, "boob". Which reminds me... How about SB Boobgate? Same type of silly stuff. Oh, my god, there was a covered nipple. :lol:

Sure. Look up Clear Channel. They dropped all sorts of people because of threats of boycotts from very small groups of right-wing fundies. God forbid someone says, "boob". Which reminds me... How about SB Boobgate? Same type of silly stuff. Oh, my god, there was a covered nipple. :lol:

I see, so do we think that behavior is acceptable? Should we accept that kind of thing as just "ok"? I wonder how this manager at Chipotle feels about this kind of tactic....

I see, so do we think that behavior is acceptable? Should we accept that kind of thing as just "ok"? I wonder how this manager at Chipotle feels about this kind of tactic....

Like many other things, it depends. If the pressure on companies is monetary, then it is reasonable. The company has to decide if this is 4 people with lots of time on their hands or whether it could swell to millions of people. The problem is that Chipotle did not get all of the facts before they acted. They reacted too quickly and will feel the backlash.

Same thing with Clear Channel. They should have looked into the source of the complaint and determined that it wasn't worth it to give in. They chose wrongly and now their business is in shambles as IHeartMedia (not just from this issue).

... and violent protest is never acceptable.

Protest and outrage are not bad things. How companies choose to react is up to them. We don't want to stifle the ability for people to voice their opinions, but the squeaky wheel doesn't always deserve the grease.

I seem to remember a lot of board righties saying they would boycott the NFL and Nike over the Kaepernick protest stuff and nobody here cared. Boycott Chipotle though and thats economic terrorism. lol

Agree with regard to the reaction of Chipotle. But in the context of the current climate, I also understand why. I do not agree with it in any way, shape, or form......but I do understand.

This social climate where people can be accused and destroyed is not palatable to me. This is vengeance, retribution, intolerance and I find it really detestable. I do not much care who is doing it.

Now, if a company does take a tact and I disagree with I might be inclined to no longer patronize them, but I would not do so at the suggestion or direction of anyone else. What I see is companies overreacting out of fear from the radical elements of society, and I would prefer they not have such sway

I seem to remember a lot of board righties saying they would boycott the NFL and Nike over the Kaepernick protest stuff and nobody here cared. Boycott Chipotle though and thats economic terrorism. lol

Interestingly, both Nike and the NFL have been on the respective sh!t lists of both sides and lots of people in between. But they just keep raking in the cash.

That should tell us something.

Interestingly, both Nike and the NFL have been on the respective sh!t lists of both sides and lots of people in between. But they just keep raking in the cash.

Chipotle at least had the integrity to admit they were wrong and attempt t fix it, can't say that for the NFL or Nike so much....

All it tells me is that companies either respond to boycotts or dont entirely out of their own financial self interest.

Chipotle at least had the integrity to admit they were wrong and attempt t fix it, can't say that for the NFL or Nike so much....

Go back a few years.

Nike has had to respond to boycotts due to child labor, sweatshops, PETA boycott (supplying Vick with product after his conviction), PETA boycott because Cole Haan used exotic skins, Jesse Jackson's national boycott because there were no black leaders or board members at Nike and a few others.

The NFL has instituted the Rooney rule in response to the lack of NFL head coaches.

All it tells me is that companies either respond to boycotts or dont entirely out of their own financial self interest.

And ultimately, these social injustice or politically motivated boycotts are little more than a pesky annoyance to huge corporations.

And ultimately, these social injustice or politically motivated boycotts are little more than a pesky annoyance to huge corporations.

Yep. Boycotts are direct free speech. I am sure companies decide all the time whether its in their interests to change their practices or ignore a boycott based on the message. Im sure PETA is boycotting numerous businesses for example and nobody cares cause its PETA. The idea that telling a business you dont approve of their practices is terrorism is laughable.

Yep. Boycotts are direct free speech. I am sure companies decide all the time whether its in their interests to change their practices or ignore a boycott based on the message. Im sure PETA is boycotting numerous businesses for example and nobody cares cause its PETA. The idea that telling a business you dont approve of their practices is terrorism is laughable.

I think most will eventually respond, or attempt to respond until the story is off the front page. The only people who really benefit are the teams of corporate lawyers and PR execs who spend their entire careers defending their employers.

Conflating individual choices with group antics is laughable.

Conflating individual choices with group antics is laughable.

Individuals are free to organize as groups to put pressure on businesses they dont agree with. And companies are free to either respond or not. Thats how it works.

Individuals are free to organize as groups to put pressure on businesses they dont agree with. And companies are free to either respond or not. Thats how it works.

:lol: yeah, that's how it works.

I wish this were true, but there seems to be other mechanisms at play. Chipotle is just the latest example of it.

I wish this were true, but there seems to be other mechanisms at play. Chipotle is just the latest example of it.

What really seems to be at play is that conservatives think boycotts are freeze peach when they like the boycott, but they think its economic enterprise when they dont like the boycott.