Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

Jameis Winston = a young Byron Leftwich

Long wind up throwing motion... won't amount to much success on the next level.

That's like every black QB. This guy is garbage.

No.

In my opinion it's the longer throwing motion at this point. I haven't watched enough of him to comment on anything else.

His stature kinda reminds me of Byron Leftwich as well.

No.

In my opinion it's the longer throwing motion at this point. I haven't watched enough of him to comment on anything else.

His stature kinda reminds me of Byron Leftwich as well.

watchutalkinboutwillis

I love the Leftwich comparison. Winston is completely unimpressing me in this game.

I love the Leftwich comparison. Winston is completely unimpressing me in this game.

Wait until he gets to the NFL and sucks

He'll be the next Steve McNair, minus the tragedy.

His throwing motion looks more like Leftwich to me... but he could shorten it up a bit I guess.

He's certainly more entertaining in an interview than Leftwich.

Rodgers shored up his motion up significantly after going pro. Not comparing Winston to Rodgers, just saying it can be done.

And Matt Stafford shored up... oops, never mind!

First I heard him speak last night. Oyyyyy Can't imagine him reading complicated pro defenses.

Long windup. Floats the ball too much. Holds it too long. Makes me wonder how his completion % was so high. Everyone raved about their WR but I didn't see anything that really stood out.

Fortunately for him, he's got another year in college to work on those things. But I don't like he, Bridgewater, Manziel or any of them better than the kid from UCF, Bortles. That guy looks like an NFL QB.

So...seems like a lot of you only watched him last night.

Talented freshman, wins the Heisman, leads his team to an undefeated season and a national title.

Yeah...he must suck.

Still is very raw...I think we can wait and see before proclaiming him something just because he is black.

Talented freshman, wins the Heisman, leads his team to an undefeated season and a national title.

Yeah...he must suck.

Still is very raw...I think we can wait and see before proclaiming him something just because he is black.

Never commented on his color. Unlike some others in this thread. ...just observed his mechanics reminded me a bit like Leftwich and he's built like him IMO.

Definitly talented and great competitor. I wish him the best.

Yeah...he must suck.

Agreed ^ :thumbsup:

Yeah...he must suck.

I saw him a few times. He certainly doesn't "suck", but that doesn't necessarily mean he's an NFL QB either. There's lots of room between the two designations. To his advantage, he does have another year in college before he'll go pro.

Last 10 Heisman winning QB:

Winston- Manziel- Griffin III- Newton- Bradford- Tebow- Troy Smith- Leinart- Jason White- Palmer

Top of my head, I think 7 of the 10 won the national title as well.

One could argue that his odds of being run of the mill are far better than the odds of him being a successful (not All Pro, just successful) NFL QB.

Trent Dilfer disagrees. Has been on this kid's bandwagon ever since the Elite 11 QB program he oversaw for High School Seniors.

Mel and Todd also.

...you do realize that the kid was 19 years old? He turned 20 on the day he helped his team win the Title.

With so many people saying Winston, Manziel, and Bridgewater are all going to fail... Before they step foot onto an NFL field... I am just dying to know who is the future at the QB position???

Why do fat slobs in the mother's basements think they know more than college/NFL scouts? Why does everyone have a functional crystal ball? Why all the haters on these boards?

Here, is a focking idea... How about give the talent a chance, and let's see what happens.

"Mad Bro?" Yeah I am... I hate, haters.

With so many people saying Winston, Manziel, and Bridgewater are all going to fail... Before they step foot onto an NFL field... I am just dying to know who is the future at the QB position???

Why do fat slobs in the mother's basements think they know more than college/NFL scouts? Why does everyone have a functional crystal ball? Why all the haters on these boards?

Here, is a focking idea... How about give the talent a chance, and let's see what happens.

"Mad Bro?" Yeah I am... I hate, haters.

The reality is that far more will fail than succeed, so it's foolish to ascribe "haters" (an infantile term) to those that think the QB mentioned won't be NFL stars. Personally, as stated, I think Bortles is a better NFL QB prospect than the three mentioned.

It's a football forum. People aren't supposed to voice opinions? At least theirs are related to football as opposed to yours, which trashes other posters.

What the hell kind of name is Jameis? It's as if his parents wanted to name him James, but also wanted to name him Penis :blink:

"Johnny Football" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. How come people don't say Lebron Basketball or Tiger Golf?

Graduated High School with a GPA North of 4.0. Took honor classes as well.

GPA at FSU after four semesters is North of 3.0.

The kid plays two sports and plays them really well. Could have been a high MLB draft pick if picked to focus on baseball.

Oh yeah...he is the closer for the baseball team. Fastball consistently is the high 90s. Wicked breaking ball as well.

His coaches say that he learns faster than any athlete that they have taught. Does NOT ever forget what's taught to him.

...but his IQ is on the same level as Jamarcus.

If that stuff is true, it sure as hell doesn't show when he speaks. Sounds like a moron.

The reality is that far more will fail than succeed, so it's foolish to ascribe "haters" (an infantile term) to those that think the QB mentioned won't be NFL stars. Personally, as stated, I think Bortles is a better NFL QB prospect than the three mentioned.

It's a football forum. People aren't supposed to voice opinions? At least theirs are related to football as opposed to yours, which trashes other posters.

Fock opinions. And I will trash negativity with no logical reasoning everytime.

These kids win championships, Heismans, awards after awards and we always have... "That guy won't make it in the pros" Guy.

People on these forums are not NCAA/pro scouts. They are fans of opposing teams, overweight, unhappy with themselves, or simply just failures in life that are negative and see the worst in people. We all make jokes on these boards, but I hate the genuine negativity of people that post on here. Why root for anyone to fail? I don't get it.

All teams that pass on Johnny Football will be kickign themselves

You could be right, but everything I have seen of this guy tells me he is One Big Tool. And I believe One Big Tool that will not improve at the next level. I see him distin to sell shoes like Al Bundy.

Randy Moss, meanwhile was a Tool, but not of the same time I think Johny Football is.

These kids win championships, Heismans, awards after awards and we always have... "That guy won't make it in the pros" Guy.

People on these forums are not NCAA/pro scouts. They are fans of opposing teams, overweight, unhappy with themselves, or simply just failures in life that are negative and see the worst in people. We all make jokes on these boards, but I hate the genuine negativity of people that post on here. Why root for anyone to fail? I don't get it.

I don't believe that predicting failure is the same as rooting for it.

Example: Eagles fan. Hated the Foles draft after seeing his entire college career at AZ. Just didn't see much of anything that made me think he was an NFL QB, let alone a fit for a team running Kelly's offense. Open and verbal about it. Fast forward, and it appears I may have been wrong. It's a small sample size, but it looks like he may have what it takes to be their guy for a while. I couldn't be happier to be wrong and will hopefully have to eat more crow as he matures.

Your "logical reasoning" to support said players is that NFL professionals like them (or seem to... we really don't know until draft day). But those guys are wrong on QB just as often as they're right. If you want my logical reasons for preferring Bortles, I'll be glad to lay them out for you. I may be wrong too; been there plenty.

It is kind of ironic that you bash other posters and even describe them (not knowing their name, having never seen them and having generally zero grounds to make an assessment... basically employing every stereotype of the internet message bored user), but on a football bored populated by people that watch and read about football, you are so aghast that they criticize players whose names they know and who they've seen perform, giving them at least some grounds for making an assessment ( and god forbid it should reference a stereotype).

So just to be clear: their opinion on football doesn't count, but your opinion of them does.

• Like 1

So only NCAA and pro scouts should be allowed to voice their opinions on this board? And you?

Perhaps there's a "Kiss every pro prospect's ass" messageboard out there somewhere that wouldn't get you so worked up. As for the criticisms of Winston, they aren't illogical. A long wind up? A question with his intelligence? Playing very average the first time he played a good opponent? All logical concerns. Same with people's concerns about Manziel (size, immaturity/character/arm strength). These threads always end up producing good discussion. Don't take them so seriously or act like you have some kind of personal stock in these guys. No one is a sure thing. Especially quarterbacks.

• Like 1

Long wind up? Are you a focking QB coach? Winston won the Heisman and the National Championship...what else would you like him to accomplish in the past 9 months? Oh and then we question his intelligence? "Intelligence" I will assume be referring to the fact he is black and you did not enjoy his post game interview. And what does "playing average" mean? He wins every game. He drove his team down the field with under 2 minutes to win the National Championship.

Then there is the size of Manziel... He is 6'1 215, what's the issue? Immature? He's like focking 20. He likes beers, girls, and fame... Who wouldn't? As for bashing other posters, I just don't understand why people go out of their way to argue that someone is going to be a failure...

Reeks of envy if you ask me.

Long wind up? Are you a focking QB coach? Winston won the Heisman and the National Championship...what else would you like him to accomplish in the past 9 months?

How are Tim Tebow's mechanics? Just wondering. I apparently wouldn't know, as I'm not a QB coach.

You're being pizzier than those that you're complaining about.