Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Best backup RBs to roster

Of the ones not generally owned, who are the best roster stashes going forward that could be RB 1/2s ?

Dixon is a guy I'm keeping my eye on. He's struggled to stay healthy, but he's probably the most talented back for the Ravens. Won't return from the IR until after week 10.

If your shopping for one, and it sounds like you are, in your league who’s available?

Some options in no particular order:

Ivory

S.Ware

Edmonds

Rod Smith

M.Brown

Cohen

W.Gallman

Smallwood

I like Ware, R.Smith, and M.Brown the most cause their in upside offenses (Smith less so but good oline)

If anything happens to C Hyde, N Chubb could be a league winner.

There's everyone's favorite troll, contributing to the op question with yet another useless comment. SAD

• Like 1

Powell if he's available, but he's gone in all of mine like he probably is in all of yours..

I like Rod Smith and Brown.

If anything happens to C Hyde, N Chubb could be a league winner.

this is actually quite a common practice to employ some upside backups...especially ones that have guys with injury history in front of them....i have gurley, mixon and royce in my high stakes ppr league...later i drafted chubb and yeldon...yeldon is paying off already...and chubb could down the line....

i was thinking that chubb could overtake hyde at some point without an injury...but if cleveland stays competitive an is winning games thats not likely to happen this year

Guys like Chubb and Powell are generally owned, but yeah if not they are obvi stashes

How good is M.Brown? Cause if Gurley goes down.....my god that offense is a prime spot. Ditto for Ware in KC if Hunt gets hurt

Some options in no particular order:

Ivory

S.Ware

Edmonds

Rod Smith

M.Brown

Cohen

W.Gallman

Smallwood

Ivory, Ware, and Brown would be the only three I can truly see taking over if the rb1 went down.

I like all theee of them in a stash situation.

Thanks for the replay.

No mention of Ekeler? That guy seems like he could be a monster. He's already startable even with his limited touches.

No mention of Ekeler? That guy seems like he could be a monster. He's already startable even with his limited touches.

No, like 12 other guys become important if the starter goes down. For now, he is basically a 10 point guy. If you are content with that, then yeah, have at him.

I cant imagine a league where Ekeler isnt already owned. Hes a stud even with a healthy Gordon

No, like 12 other guys become important if the starter goes down. For now, he is basically a 10 point guy. If you are content with that, then yeah, have at him.

14th in non ppr rb points scored

I'm wondering what d'onta foreman is going to look like coming back... Miller is dinged up, and losing it... blue isn't the answer... if Foreman can be somewhat dynamic then he could be a solid stash

• Like 1

So he doesn't become 'important' if Gordon goes down when he's putting up 10+/week as it is?

Okay then...

To answer the OP question, I believe the answer is, WHO would look the best if the starter WENT DOWN?

So, look at all the back ups and see who would benefit the most if number one went down.

I don’t believe a Ekeler would be the Gordon workhorse, so,I’m not convinced he would be that man. It probably also has to be somebody who knows how to pass block a bit because you don’t want some kid in there getting the qb killed because they don’t know how to pick up a blitz.

I cant imagine a league where Ekeler isnt already owned. Hes a stud even with a healthy Gordon

Fair enough, but I didn't see anything about the guys we're talking about having to be available. I think the OP's intent could be taken either way, but carry on...

To answer the OP question, I believe the answer is, WHO would look the best if the starter WENT DOWN?

So, look at all the back ups and see who would benefit the most if number one went down.

I don’t believe a Ekeler would be the Gordon workhorse, so,I’m not convinced he would be that man. It probably also has to be somebody who knows how to pass block a bit because you don’t want some kid in there getting the qb killed because they don’t know how to pick up a blitz.

The only RB behind Ekeler is Justin Jackson. I think Ekeler would be quite the workhorse, as there's no reason to believe a rookie can pick up the blitz better than Ekeler- but I really can't speak to his pass block ability.

Malcolm Brown has looked pretty good when he has gotten the ball so far this year. But I think the secret handcuff for Gurley is the rookie who has been inactive every game so far: John Kelly. I have no solid evidence for this, just a hunch.

Also, the rookie on the Bengals - Walton - has looked pretty solid. I'd sit on him if I had the roster space. With Mixon and Bernard both having injury histories, it's not inconceivable that he gets a shot at some point.

I will admit that I cut him to pick up Chubb. My reasoning is simple....I believe Chubb would be more valuable than Ekeler should the starter go down and I believe there is a better chance Hyde goes down than Gordon.

I know Ekeler is almost a sure bet to get you 10 points on his limited touches, but I’m looking for guys with the possibility of doing more on their teams. I have never played Ekeler in the four weeks I had him so I doubt I would ever play him short of a Gordon injury.

I could be wrong....

There's everyone's favorite troll, contributing to the op question with yet another useless comment. SAD

He is sad. And lonely. It's so obvious.

Smallwood has quietly had a productive three weeks and now with Ajayi out for the season he should continue to at least be in the mix.

• Like 1

I will admit that I cut him to pick up Chubb. My reasoning is simple....I believe Chubb would be more valuable than Ekeler should the starter go down and I believe there is a better chance Hyde goes down than Gordon.

I know Ekeler is almost a sure bet to get you 10 points on his limited touches, but I’m looking for guys with the possibility of doing more on their teams. I have never played Ekeler in the four weeks I had him so I doubt I would ever play him short of a Gordon injury.

I could be wrong....

I agree that Hyde has a higher chance of going down than Gordon, but really- who knows? Sure, based on history- Hyde will likely miss time, but injuries are unpredictable.

Obviously Chubb was shown insane explosiveness, but I think Ekeler has shown it more consistently- since he gets more touches (for now).

If anything, I would think Chubb would have a tougher time becoming the workhorse as a rookie, but all of this is speculative.

And I drafted Ekeler and haven't started him once, but on a roster with Conner and Breida, I will probably have to at some point.

Smallwood has quietly had a productive three weeks and now with Ajayi out for the season he should continue to at least be in the mix.

Agreed. He looked solid yesterday and I thought he was pretty well regarded last year too.

in my 12 team ppr high stakes league the highest scoring rb free agent is ito smith

we have 17 roster spots with no position limits....

ur looking at ito smith, devontae booker, cj anderson, kyle juszczyk, cj ham.....if ur looking to pick a guy up....rb hoarding like you read about

Rod Smith

HAHA I agree, and I wonder how old he is-12, 13? Very immature he is...…………………...

So who takes over if David Johnson goes down? You dont see Edmonds doing that?

I do, but hard to see him having more success then DJ, whos been a bust so far.

Zona as a bad football team.

And thats why I like the other more.

And I know this without tv.

Amazing.

After this first half of football tonight, can I add Kamara to the discussion? Guy could be a league winner if Ingram ever goes down.

• Like 1

After this first half of football tonight, can I add Kamara to the discussion? Guy could be a league winner if Ingram ever goes down.

it's true...just put out a few Kamara trade offers....hoping they are all crapping their pants. dude is non-existant (so far). I'm sure by nights end he'll have 20+ fantasy points.

I do, but hard to see him having more success then DJ, whos been a bust so far.

Zona as a bad football team.

And thats why I like the other more.

And I know this without tv.

Amazing.

but Edmonds would still take over (which I thought you were saying he would not)....... and i agree, he lacks the talent to do much in that offense.

I'm wondering what d'onta foreman is going to look like coming back... Miller is dinged up, and losing it... blue isn't the answer... if Foreman can be somewhat dynamic then he could be a solid stash

I can't believe there isn't more talk about Foreman. I picked him up for $0 on Saturday. He's the most talented back on a team frustrated by its largely ineffective backs, and he's due back week after next. Now, we are talking about an achilles, so it could be a few more weeks before he gets carries, but he could be a valuable player to own down the stretch, especially in 12-team or larger leagues.