Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Guy jailed because he shot drone that kept hovering over his property.

Just wait until Amazon starts using drones to deliver packages. Rednecks all over the country will be getting free stuff. Nike shoes falling from the sky and shit.

You own a certain amount of air space above your property but it is kind of undefined. In the old days it used to be an infinite column stretching into space above your plot then after air travel started to take hold, the supreme court acknowledged that the air had become a “public highway” but a landowner still had dominion over “at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land.” Some have used a 500' limit. You could say that you use your land for relaxation and a drone infringes upon your relaxation by creating a nuisance above it. That could make it fair game depending on the gun laws in the area.

Just call the cops and say the drone has been flying near your kids window when they were dressing. The cops will shut that shit down real quick.

I'd get one of those bad ass sling shots and wait for it to get low enough where when I shoot it, it wall fall into my property. No gun necessary. If the owner calls the cops, I deny it. What are they going to do? What law have I broken? And I doubt the owner will want to do it again.

I'd get one of those bad ass sling shots and wait for it to get low enough where when I shoot it, it wall fall into my property. No gun necessary. If the owner calls the cops, I deny it. What are they going to do? What law have I broken? And I doubt the owner will want to do it again.

So youd be using the Tom Brady defense? Would prob work out better for you than him.

You can buy a jammer that jams the frequency of civilian drones. Hook it up to your wifi network, and any drone that enters your property will suddenly lose connection to its driver and crash.

You can buy a jammer that jams the frequency of civilian drones. Hook it up to your wifi network, and any drone that enters your property will suddenly lose connection to its driver and crash.

is trere an option to add explosions?

Everybody that has a pacemaker may drop dead when they walk by your house, but I still like the idea. :thumbsup:

This is the very beginning of this conversation. Check back in 20 years and it will still be relevant. I applaud the guy with my confederate flag waving here in Alabama. Hopefully the shotgun shots weren't raining down in the neighbors pool. I also think it's badass packages/mail could actually be distributed via a drone.

Drones with a camera attached? A predator will be flying that sucker over elementary school yards picking out his next target. Peeping toms everywhere.

Great technology - lots of bad things that will come along with it.

This is the very beginning of this conversation. Check back in 20 years and it will still be relevant. I applaud the guy with my confederate flag waving here in Alabama. Hopefully the shotgun shots weren't raining down in the neighbors pool. I also think it's badass packages/mail could actually be distributed via a drone.

Drones with a camera attached? A predator will be flying that sucker over elementary school yards picking out his next target. Peeping toms everywhere.

Great technology - lots of bad things that will come along with it.

Hello. It seems you were once a poster here and now you're rejoining the club. Welcome back. Now, I must tell you some things have changed around here. I'm kind of a big deal around here, so don't Fock with me. Enjoy.

Seems like drones with bombs affixed will possibly be a major problem. Buy a drone at Walmart, where you can also pick up black powder and nails, make a crude pipe bomb, fly it to a stadium.

I predict at some point jamming drone frequencies at major events will be required.

I think if you own a drone you are a focking dooshbag. This is my working hypothesis going forward until proven wrong.

My son has one...tiny thing though for inside the house that he controls with his ipad.

Its pretty fun.

This thing would not fly outside though...not in any kind of wind.

Hello. It seems you were once a poster here and now you're rejoining the club. Welcome back. Now, I must tell you some things have changed around here. I'm kind of a big deal around here, so don't Fock with me. Enjoy.

Ugh. Shut the fock up and go away already :wave:

• Like 1

I think if you own a drone you are a focking dooshbag. This is my working hypothesis going forward until proven wrong.

What kind did you get?

We are still pretty sure that this is rusty pilot, Right?

No. I think this guy's legit. A classic caricature of a marine and cop. Not too bright. Thinks he's tough. Loves to hear himself talk. Not one friend here on the board. This guy is truly who he says he is.

No. I think this guy's legit. A classic caricature of a marine and cop. Not too bright. Thinks he's tough. Loves to hear himself talk. Not one friend here on the board. This guy is truly who he says he is.

My favorite part- "not one friend on the board".

I thought you were investigating my claims? What's going on with that?

Dude thought I was a cop. Yeah, the guy who's username is the sludge that comes out of a dead lady's snatch after you jump on her belly is a cop.

Dude thought I was a cop. Yeah, the guy who's username is the sludge that comes out of a dead lady's snatch after you jump on her belly is a cop.

Confused you with mmbeeeer. Quickly realized I was wrong and apologized. Get over it sweetheart.

I also like "loves to hear himself talk". This from the guy who lives here

:thumbsdown:

And while we're at it, can we stop calling them "drones?" They're remote controlled toy helicopters.

Apparently you need a drone that can tell you the difference between rain and reign.

I hope the fascist government blocks your Internet access when you finally quit yapping and go off to Chiner :mad:

I was thinking about getting one to take pictures and measure roofs.

Wait till they start putting radar guns on them and patrolling the highway with them. Measure speed, snap a pic of the plate, ticket in the mail.

It's coming.

Wait till they start putting radar guns on them and patrolling the highway with them. Measure speed, snap a pic of the plate, ticket in the mail.

It's coming.

I e always said they could enforce the speed limit with the ez pass. Get too fast to the next toll area, you're speeding

I e always said they could enforce the speed limit with the ez pass. Get too fast to the next toll area, you're speeding

I used to live In the Tampa Bay Area. The causeway across the bay is too narrow for cops to pull you over, so everyone flys across it. They started using planes to enforce speed limits.

I used to live In the Tampa Bay Area. The causeway across the bay is too narrow for cops to pull you over, so everyone flys across it. They started using planes to enforce speed limits.

Like the Tampa area. Was there for final four in I think 99. Liked Clearwater. Is it still good?

I haven't been back since 2006. Clearwater is pretty touristy, but nice. I was there for law school. There is not much better than being a native when the spring breakers come to town.