Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NBC Cutting Ties to Donald Trump Over ‘Derogatory’ Remarks About Immigration

Do you think your wife dumped you because you were getting too touchy feely with your daughter? I mean, she fled to West Virginia, of all places, to get away from you.

:reported:

Freedom of speech only ever guaranteed Trump freedom from legal punishment from the government. Nobody has a legal right to employment or freedom from criticism for unpopular speech.

I think most people aren't pointing to "Freedom of Speech" anymore and pointing to the Constituion per se.

It's more a symptom of the social media, 24hr news cycle, "gotcha moment on my iPhone and will post only the 10 seconds part that makes you look bad and edit out the 5 minutes before it that put it in proper context" for a million people to see and then get fake outraged about, type of environment we live in today.

Where nobody can actually have hard hitting conversations anymore for fear of somebody taking a soundbite, out of the full context of the conversation, and turning it against them. People are fake now, I don't believe anything anyone says. They say what they are "supposed to say" in the most Politically Correct way or else there are consequences from the more vocal minority.

Which is fine, whatever.....

Do you think your wife dumped you because you were getting too touchy feely with your daughter? I mean, she fled to West Virginia, of all places, to get away from you.

Ha. Yeah, she did mention something about that. :music_guitarred:

So this circles back to my point, Trump can speak his mind, almost without fear due to his wealth. If you have wealth, money, whatever, THEN you actually have freedom of speech because people who disagree with you cannot silence you through intimidation.

Does that make sense?

You have freedom to say all the stupid things you want. You do it here every day.

But that's with anonymity.

Without anonymity you can still say all the stupid things you want but if you go on national TV and say them or put them on a platform like Twitter where they can quickly be disseminated throughout the world, well that can end up being problematic for you.

So make good choices and you're fine.

Freedom of speech only ever guaranteed Trump freedom from legal punishment from the government. Nobody has a legal right to employment or freedom from criticism for unpopular speech.

This too.

I think most people aren't pointing to "Freedom of Speech" anymore and pointing to the Constituion per se.

It's more a symptom of the social media, 24hr news cycle, "gotcha moment on my iPhone and will post only the 10 seconds part that makes you look bad and edit out the 5 minutes before it that put it in proper context" for a million people to see and then get fake outraged about, type of environment we live in today.

Where nobody can actually have hard hitting conversations anymore for fear of somebody taking a soundbite, out of the full context of the conversation, and turning it against them. People are fake now, I don't believe anything anyone says. They say what they are "supposed to say" in the most Politically Correct way or else there are consequences from the more vocal minority.

Sure you can still have candid conversations. Just don't put it in writing in a form where it can be instantaneously disseminated throughout the world. And where it is preserved potentially indefinitely

Everything you said above is correct but I've got to say there are plenty of bomb throwers out there who get attention mostly because of the offensive things they say.

Trump ranks pretty low down my list of victims of the PC police.

The freedoms to speak ones mind, even if they are wrong or unpopular is under siege, every day.....

If you have wealth, money, whatever, THEN you actually have freedom of speech because people who disagree with you cannot silence you through intimidation.

So the freedom to speak ones mind, even if they are wrong or unpopular is under siege every day.....only if you are not rich? Pretty sure everyone here can express their opinion pretty openly. Same goes for FB and Twitter and the thousands upon thousands of other online forums where people openly communicate their thoughts on a daily basis.

Trump got the boot from NBC because his opinions didn't jibe with theirs. Big deal. It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a brand management issue.

I would like to know how the common man cannot express unpopular beliefs without being intimidated into silence?

LOL...Yeah, people mistook the meaning of what he was saying here, it was TOTALLY taken out of context. :rolleyes:

TRUMP: When did we beat Japan at anything? They send their cars over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo? It doesn’t exist, folks. They beat us all the time.

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

LOL...Yeah, people mistook the meaning of what he was saying here, it was TOTALLY taken out of context. :rolleyes:

It's being represented that Trump is saying all people from Mexico are rapists and dug lords. Anybody with half a brain knows that not what he really said nor meant.

What I read and what he obviously meant was:

People that come here legally normally do so with positive intent. Work hard, make a better life for their family, be poductive citizens. And people that come here illegally (what Trump is talking about), a good portion of them do so with less than positive intent. Smuggling drugs, smuggling people, criminals etc. That we need stronger borders and a better system so the "good" folks who follow the rules have an easeir pathway but we also need high fences to keep the bad guys out as they have it way to easy to get here.

But 5 years from now, a NewbieJr will post "Hey, remember when Trump said all Mexicans were rapists!@#!".

Other quotes not added by Honcho:

"I like Mexico. I love the Mexican people. I do business with the Mexican people, but you have people coming through the border that are from all over. And they're bad."

"You have people coming in, and I'm not just saying Mexicans, I'm talking about people that are from all over that are killers and rapists and they're coming into this country,"

He's clearly not talking about immigrants coming here legally looking for a better life, but our lack of control over our borders for people coming here illegally, who can be any and all types of people, as we have no control over the borders and he thinks is a problem.

It's being represented that Trump is saying all people from Mexico are rapists and dug lords. Anybody with half a brain knows that not what he really said nor meant.

People that come here legally normally do so with positive intent. Work hard, make a better life for their family, be poductive citizens. And people that come here illegally (what Trump is talking about), a good portion of them do so with less than positive intent. Smuggling drugs, smuggling people, criminals etc. That we need stronger borders and a better system so the "good" folks who follow the rules have an easeir pathway but we also need high fences to keep the bad guys out as they have it way to easy to get here.

But 5 years from now, a NewbieJr will post "Hey, remember when Trump said all Mexicans were rapists!@#!".

He's clearly not talking about immigrants coming here legally looking for a better life, but our lack of control over our borders for people coming here illegally, who can be any and all types of people, as we have no control over the borders and he thinks is a problem.

No one has said he meant "all" Mexicans. Show me one person who stated that. You get hung up on nonsense in your own mind and then run with it. Despite being shown otherwise.

If I make a statement that blacks are thugs. I'm quite sure people realize that I don't mean Grant Hill, Russell Wilson, or Smokey Robinson. But it doesn't make the statement any less offensive and ignorant.

Other quotes not added by Honcho...FROM A DIFFERENT SPEECH.

LMAO, You cry about people taking things out of context...and then you take something completely out of context.

And here's the FULL CONTEXT that KSB took his quote from.

TRUMP: I think NAFTA's been a disaster. I think NAFTA's been a disaster. I think our current deals are a disaster. I'm a free trader, the problem with free trade is you need smart people representing you we have the greatest negotiators in the world, but we don't use them, we use political hacks and diplomats. We use the wrong people. Mexico is smart, they've out negotiated us to a fair thee well, they're going to be the capital of automobiles pretty soon the way they're going.

I respect what they're doing. I think it's great, I like Mexico. I love the Mexican people. I do business with the Mexican people, but you have people coming through the border that are from all over. And they're bad. They're really bad. I've spoken to border guards and I said how bad is it? And they said 'Mr. Trump, you have no idea how bad.' But you have people coming in and I'm not just saying Mexicans, I'm talking about people that are from all over that are killers and rapists and they're coming into this country.

TAPPER: Let me talk to you about that for one second. That the government of Mexico called those comments prejudicial and absurd. And I think what they're objecting to, is that the idea of the 11 million undocumented workers, illegal immigrants, whatever you want to call them, in this country, that you're painting them with a very broad brush. Rapists, criminals, when that's probably a very small percentage…

TRUMP: …Well I always make it clear. No no, well I don't think it's a small percentage, it's a lot. But it's not Mexicans necessarily, they're coming from all over.

TAPPER: You talked about building a wall, having Mexico pay for it?

TRUMP: Yeah

Just take away the word "all" and that's exactly what he said. If Trump wasn't born into money, he'd be a school custodian.

People nowadays mIstake "loose cannon" for "refreshing".

Trump = refreshingly stupid.

Other quotes not added by Honcho...FROM A DIFFERENT SPEECH.

LMAO, You cry about people taking things out of context...and then you take something completely out of context.

And here's the FULL CONTEXT that KSB took his quote from.

“Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump,” NBC said in a statement.

All of these quotes and statements are from recent interviews about immigration. You don't get to choose which quote, or which interview to ONLY quote from. If you read all his quotes, It's clear what his views are, and it isn't that he thinks all Mexicans are bad people.

Or do you honestly think that is what he thinks? If you read ALL of his quotes on the topics, its clear what he thinks (what I stated above I'm not going to type it all again). But that doesnt make quite as good a soundbite to get all fake outragey about, does it?

It deeply hurts when Trump says these things. All of the lawn cutters in my neighborhood are Nobel Laureates. :dunno:

All of these quotes and statements are from recent interviews about immigration. You don't get to choose which quote, or which interview to ONLY quote from. If you read all his quotes, It's clear what his views are, and it isn't that he thinks all Mexicans are bad people.

Or do you honestly think that is what he thinks? If you read ALL of his quotes on the topics, its clear what he thinks (what I stated above I'm not going to type it all again). But that doesnt make quite as good a soundbite to get all fake outragey about, does it?

He's saying that we aren't getting the good Mexicans. We are getting the bad ones. So he's saying that Mexican Mexicans are ok, but the Mexican immigrants are not. If you can't see the problem with what he said, then you're likely a huge racist too.

I think it was pointed out earlier in the thread, and overlooked, the equal time rules would have been problematic if Trump was retained by NBC. Geez, just look at all the candidates running, and we haven't bottomed out yet. This is NBC telling you one thing, but motivated by something entirely different.

It deeply hurts when Trump says these things. All of the lawn cutters in my neighborhood are Nobel Laureates. :dunno:

There are some really hard working lawn cutters who aren't thieves or rapists.

It's how many of your balls you've actually emptied inside a woman over the last two decades.

Is getting laid still a big deal to you? You obsess on it like a high school boy.

Is getting laid still a big deal to you? You obsess on it like a high school boy.

Yes.

There are some really hard working lawn cutters who aren't thieves or rapists.

You are clueless if you don't think that 1000's of state dollars aren't spent on each immigrant. The ones that rape get even more.

Remember when Birdman won best picture, and it's director, Alejandro Inarritu won best director? Seems like a good time to applaud good Mexicans. Instead Trump tweeted:

The Oscars were a great night for Mexico & why not—they are ripping off the US more than almost any other nation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/570235124178161665

Maybe KSB can provide the proper context here or what The Donald obviously meant. :rolleyes:

You are clueless if you don't think that 1000's of state dollars aren't spent on each immigrant. The ones that rape get even more.

I didn't realize I was in a discussion about state dollars. When did you throw that in there?

Remember when Birdman won best picture, and it's director, Alejandro Inarritu won best director? Seems like a good time to applaud good Mexicans. Instead Trump tweeted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/570235124178161665

Maybe KSB can provide the proper context here or what The Donald obviously meant. :rolleyes:

KSB is a hardcore Republican. Plus he's in love with Trump because of the birther thing. He'd love anyone who went after Obama. So he's not going to admit that the Donald is a huge bigot.

KSB is a hardcore Republican. Plus he's in love with Trump because of the birther thing. He'd love anyone who went after Obama. So he's not going to admit that the Donald is a huge bigot.

I'm still laughing about him claiming I didn't give all the Donald quotes, when I quoted the entirety of his Presidential Announcement speech, and then he cherry picks a couple of quotes a week later...ignoring the entirety of the context. Hypocrisy meter exploded on that one.

I didn't realize I was in a discussion about state dollars. When did you throw that in there?

You said thieves. You don't need to steal directly to take what isn't rightly yours, ace. You are living in Fantasyland.

I'm still laughing about him claiming I didn't give all the Donald quotes, when I quoted the entirety of his Presidential Announcement speech, and then he cherry picks a couple of quotes a week later...ignoring the entirety of the context. Hypocrisy meter exploded on that one.

KSB is a huge supporter of Barry Bonds, Tiger Woods, Donald Trump....

The bigger ass hole a guy is, the more chance that KSB has his Fathead on his bedroom wall.

You said thieves. You don't need to steal directly to take what isn't rightly yours, ace. You are living in Fantasyland.

I see Trump has a supporter. All Mexicans are rapists AND thieves.

You fit right in with the Republican party. And you wonder why the party and all of it's beliefs are becoming extinct. :wave:

So the freedom to speak ones mind, even if they are wrong or unpopular is under siege every day.....only if you are not rich? Pretty sure everyone here can express their opinion pretty openly. Same goes for FB and Twitter and the thousands upon thousands of other online forums where people openly communicate their thoughts on a daily basis.

Trump got the boot from NBC because his opinions didn't jibe with theirs. Big deal. It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a brand management issue.

I would like to know how the common man cannot express unpopular beliefs without being intimidated into silence?

So you can express your opinion without any fear of reprisal? That is nice for you, but the rest of us are not free from reprisals.

One must be rather careful of what they say, if you decide to express yourself in a way that does not support the right agenda you open yourself up to a variety of negative consequences. Trump got his reaction, but what does he really care?

Are you arguing the point honestly, because your approach so far seems disingenuous, it is generally accepted to watch what you say at all times, less someone take a few seconds from a long speech and twist you to the wind.....

So you can express your opinion without any fear of reprisal? That is nice for you, but the rest of us are not free from reprisals.

One must be rather careful of what they say, if you decide to express yourself in a way that does not support the right agenda you open yourself up to a variety of negative consequences. Trump got his reaction, but what does he really care?

Are you arguing the point honestly, because your approach so far seems disingenuous, it is generally accepted to watch what you say at all times, less someone take a few seconds from a long speech and twist you to the wind.....

You really like to play the victim

How are you not free from reprisals? Gimme an example.

If you had to bet on what % of Mexican immigrants are rapers and pillagers, where would you put the number?

Lots of stats here, some of it conflicting.

http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime

In 2009, 57 percent of the 76 fugitive murderers most wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were foreign-born

• The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:
    • Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
    • Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
    • Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
    • Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.

<p>

If you had to bet on what % of Mexican immigrants are rapers and pillagers, where would you put the number?

Lots of stats here, some of it conflicting.

http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime

In 2009, 57 percent of the 76 fugitive murderers most wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were foreign-born

• The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:

• Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
  • Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
  • Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
  • Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.

Those stats have very little to do with the question you posed :dunno:

It was a glass half empty type of statement. Its sensationalist. and its the type of statement a guy in a crowed field of 20 candidates who needs to get top 10 for debates would make to get noticed.

I don't think he was saying all mexicans are criminals or rapists... He was trying to highlight the issues with having open arms and open borders.

I'm also still clueless how you can grant amnesty then close the border.

I go away to lunch and a couple meetings and my name sure does show up alot in posts. :lol:

I'm on record as not liking Donald Trump. He's a pompous douchbag as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that irritates me more than Trump is the media and other fellow douchebags who bite the fake outrage quote gotcha moment hook line and sinker every time.

But yeah, Donald Trump thinks all Mexicans are rapists. :)

OR

Could it be he is for tighter borders so the ILLEGAL mexicans who consist of folks not coming here for positive reasons, can't get here so easily.

I'm gonna go with the latter, but I was reading all his quotes and all his speeches in their totality. Not just one.

But carry on....

I see Trump has a supporter. All Mexicans are rapists AND thieves.

You fit right in with the Republican party. And you wonder why the party and all of it's beliefs are becoming extinct. :wave:

Perhaps you can point out where trump or I said "all". But it is true that illegals who take our resources are thieves.

And you are right, we are becoming a dumber society and it fit's in with your belief.

Perhaps you can point out where trump or I said "all". But it is true that illegals who take our resources are thieves.

And you are right, we are becoming a dumber society and it fit's in with your belief.

Great thing about this country is that it's as easy to get out as it is to get in. :wave:

Those stats have very little to do with the question you posed :dunno:

Granted, they're stats regarding all immigrant crime (not just Mexicans). I'm asking folks to weigh in with their thoughts on how many Mexican immigrants are dangerous criminals.

I've come across my share of Mexican, and Central American immigrants and I haven't found them to be any more murderous and rapey than anyone else.

I can't really find anything out there to support Trumps assertions. Where is it all coming from?