Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NBC Cutting Ties to Donald Trump Over ‘Derogatory’ Remarks About Immigration

NewbieJr, on 30 Jun 2015 - 4:11 PM, said:

Great thing about this country is that it's as easy to get out as it is to get in. :wave:

You must not do alot of international traveling. Its very difficult and tedious if you follow the rules

Great thing about this country is that it's as easy to get out as it is to get in. :wave:

If all the people like me left, who would you work for? :dunno:

If all the people like me left, who would you work for? :dunno:

I work for a Democrat. :dunno:

Right wingers defending Trump are the reason they have no cred. Then again, who are they going to talk about, Jeb? Ha!

Trump has no chance to win nor should he. Don't confuse bringing up an issue of PC run amok and our quick trigger fake outage society with defending or supporting the particular person in and of themselves.

Some folks defend ideals regardless of the individuals name.

I.e just because one supports the right to burn a flag, doesn't mean you have to like or "support" the person doing it.

Trump has no chance to win nor should he. Don't confuse bringing up an issue of PC run amok and our quick trigger fake outage society with defending or supporting the particular person in and of themselves.

Some folks defend ideals regardless of their name.

Painting Mexican immigrants with the broad brush of drug smugglers and rapists and getting called out on it = PC run amok. :doh:

Some folks defend ideals regardless of the individuals name.

I.e just because one supports the right to burn a flag, doesn't mean you have to like or "support" the person doing it.

So your contention is that what Trump said was Politically incorrect, and not asinine?

Some folks defend ideals regardless of their name.

You talkin about American society or Mexican society? Because Mexicans aren't very happy with The Donald. And who am I to tell a bunch of Mexicans how they should feel about some pompous American talking sh!t about Mexicans.

Second richest man in the world is gonna stop doing business with The Donald. He's a Mexican. Tell him what The Donald obviously meant, in full context, and that he shouldn't let knee jerk PC fake outrage get in the middle of good business. ;)

Granted, they're stats regarding all immigrant crime (not just Mexicans). I'm asking folks to weigh in with their thoughts on how many Mexican immigrants are dangerous criminals.

I've come across my share of Mexican, and Central American immigrants and I haven't found them to be any more murderous and rapey than anyone else.

I can't really find anything out there to support Trumps assertions. Where is it all coming from?

Where it's coming from is Trump is playing to the base's animus and bigotry

Baltimore residents protesting apparent negligent homicide by the police = whining.

Millionaire dooshbag loses NBC gig for saying something offensive = injustice.

:cry:

So the freedom to speak ones mind, even if they are wrong or unpopular is under siege every day.....only if you are not rich? Pretty sure everyone here can express their opinion pretty openly. Same goes for FB and Twitter and the thousands upon thousands of other online forums where people openly communicate their thoughts on a daily basis.

Trump got the boot from NBC because his opinions didn't jibe with theirs. Big deal. It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a brand management issue.

I would like to know how the common man cannot express unpopular beliefs without being intimidated into silence?

I got reported for speaking my opinion. Try again.

It's two seperate discussions.

1. Yes, it is understandable WHY a company like NBC would cut ties. They go with the winds of the people. They are in business to sell products and want zero negative publicity. It is understandable from a business perspective.

The other tangent discussion is

2. Why do we as the people and media, take things out of their context, twist words around and try to make somethings out of nothings? We love a good "gotcha" moment over actually trying to understand one another. And those out of context "gotcha moments" create this fake outrage negative publicity that forces the hand of a company like NBC.

Because NBC is run by liberal cacksuckers and Trump is a threat now that he's running for president of the United States, so they found an excuse to decrease his exposure to the American public.

Because NBC is run by liberal cacksuckers and Trump is a threat now that he's running for president of the United States, so they found an excuse to decrease his exposure to the American public.

:lol:

You must be the most delusional...oh, wait

Quick: Who owns NBC? Yeah, you don't know. If you did you wouldn't say such silly things.

If I were a liberal cacksucker I'd give Trump his own network and pray that he wins the primary. :overhead:

Quick: Who owns NBC? Yeah, you don't know. If you did you wouldn't say such silly things.

Does the owner run the network though? Did the owner make the decision? I don't know so maybe it's purely business, sort of shocked though since the Apprentice was on NBC.

no you didn't. No one even remembers what your opinion was. You got banned for using the N-word and sounding like a racist ass hole.

I've been banned 2x for using the N word.

One Pennie inspired me to and the other time I simply called Ray Lewis a niqqer. (They are lower case Q's mods)

Maybe if your opinions didn't include racial slurs they'd be better received? Just a guess.

Maybe if your opinions didn't include racial slurs they'd be better received? Just a guess.

Why do you hate freedom? :thumbsdown:

He has the money to fight back against attempts to silence him, not everyone has that ability.

The guy is pretty much a moron, so disconnected from reality that it borders on absurd. Imagine, if you will, that he followed the standard procedure and hid his person biases like other politicians and by some stretch of the imagination was elected..... freedom of expression is a good thing for many reasons, and in part because it helps expose people like Trump.

I hate what he says more often than not, but I hate people trying to silence him even more, almost as much as people crying like little b!tches that other people are the reason they have a hard time, or that meanie police officers are the problem when in reality they are their own problem.

He has the money to fight back against attempts to silence him, not everyone has that ability.

The fact that they think this message board is somehow equal to Trumps podium is sad, but let them have their delusion. It's all they got.

The fact that they think this message board is somehow equal to Trumps podium is sad, but let them have their delusion. It's all they got.

The fact that you and RLLD don't understand freedom of speech and play the pissypants crybaby victim card over a POS like Trump is even sadder.

trump is suing univision for $500 million...

The fact that you and RLLD don't understand freedom of speech and play the pissypants crybaby victim card over a POS like Trump is even sadder.

:clap:

I just googled a bit and there is evidence that the crime rate of ILLEGAL Immigrants (those crossing the border illegally and not following the law and rules) have a higher than average crime and prison rate than the legal immigrants and/or American Citizens.

There are contradicting stats out there dependent on who you ask (imagine that), but the stats from more non-partisan places show this......

The point? While Trump may be a Dooshbag, and he's never been known to be politically correct. The overall meaning of what he was trying to convey may be more true than not.

But lets not let the real conversation about immigration get in the way of a good fake outrage, United States of the Offended, gotcha moment. :thumbsup:

But lets not let the real conversation about immigration get in the way of a good fake outrage, United States of the Offended, gotcha moment. :thumbsup:

And the fact that any library card holder with access to a PC has an equal voice to the Donald. :thumbsup:

Just because people use the Internet to express their opinion doesn't mean it's as effective a medium as TV for doing so. But...people are free to express their opinions on the Internet. Nobody is trying to silence anyone. If you go off on racist rants, you will probably get banned from respective forums. Site administrators don't want to be associated with that type of hatred and ignorance. But...get banned at one site, go to any one of the other million sites to express yourself. You will always have a podium to express your thoughts. You can't be silenced because of some unpopular belief. JTB likes to refer to some people as N******. But he's back yet again. Who's trying to silence him?

And nobody is trying to silence Trump. They don't like what he said....or more specifically how he said it. When you generalize about groups of people, they're gonna get pissed. It's basic human reaction.

I just googled a bit and there is evidence that the crime rate of ILLEGAL Immigrants (those crossing the border illegally and not following the law and rules) have a higher than average crime and prison rate than the legal immigrants and/or American Citizens.

There are contradicting stats out there dependent on who you ask (imagine that), but the stats from more non-partisan places show this......

The point? While Trump may be a Dooshbag, and he's never been known to be politically correct. The overall meaning of what he was trying to convey may be more true than not.

More serious candidates will tackle the issue....which is a legit issue that needs to be addressed.....without putting their foot in their mouths.

By the way, Trump's solution to this huge problem you want discussed? Make Mexico pay for a huge border wall. :rolleyes:

And nobody is trying to silence Trump. They don't like what he said....or more specifically how he said it. When you generalize about groups of people, they're gonna get pissed. It's basic human reaction.

I think this cuts at the heart of the discussion for me. Sometimes, when speaking in "general" terms, on a "macro" level you have to generalize things, including people. It's difficult to have a conversation about broad topics without generalizing to make points or answer questions.

People have to be smart enough to realize that the person isn't talking about ALL of Mexico or ALL Christians or ALL Blacks or ALL Southerners or ALL Eagles fans. Rather the people that fall in the category of what the topic is.....

But you're right, it seems its a basic human reaction to be offended whenever possible. People look for it, knee jerk react to it, instead of try to truly understand what is trying to be conveyed. :dunno:

I think this cuts at the heart of the discussion for me. Sometimes, when speaking in "general" terms, on a "macro" level you have to generalize things, including people. It's difficult to have a conversation about broad topics without generalizing to make points or answer questions.

People have to be smart enough to realize that the person isn't talking about ALL of Mexico or ALL Christians or ALL blacks or ALL Eagles fans. Rather the people that fall in the category of what the topic is.....

But you're right, it seems its a basic human reaction to be offended whenever possible. People look for it, knee jerk react to it, instead of try to truly understand what is trying to be conveyed. :dunno

Sorry, his statement was that a subset of the whole were good, his original statements paint a broad brush of criminality amoung a group of people who mostly are trying for a better life. Perhaps, you shouldn't be generalizing about people needing to be smart enough...maybe you are the one missing the point.

"And some, I assume, are good people."

his original statements paint a broad brush of criminality amoung a group of people who mostly are trying for a better life

Illegal aliens have not committed a crime. :dunno:

Being here illegally isn't.......oh nevermind.

Despite everyone's loving to repeat torrid's quote, I can show you scores of lawyers, prosecutors and government officials stating pretty much what TJ said...'being here illegally isn't a crime". And that includes the most recent GOP presidential contender Chris Christie. But what do they know...

U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie on Sunday told a church group in New Jersey that immigrants who are in the country illegally are not committing a crime.

Today, his office defended the comments. According to a Newark Star-Ledger story “Christie said that while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation.”

Q: Christie said immigrants in the county illegally are not automatically committing a crime by their presence. Is that true?

A: Yes. “Illegal presence” as the offense is called, is not a violation of the U.S. criminal code. A person cannot be sent to prison for being here without authorization from immigration authorities. It is, however, a violation of civil immigration laws, for which the federal government can impose civil penalties, namely deportation.

Q: But he was later asked a hypothetical question about someone sneaking across the border and said that’s not a crime either. Is that true, too?

A: No. “Improper entry by an alien” as it is called, is a violation of Title 8 of the U.S. criminal code punishable by a fine of between $50 and $250 and/or a maximum of six months in jail.

Improper entry is a crime, illegal presence, not.

So Torrid's statement, "being here illegally isn't a crime", technically correct. HTH

Just because people use the Internet to express their opinion doesn't mean it's as effective a medium as TV for doing so. But...people are free to express their opinions on the Internet. Nobody is trying to silence anyone.

An anonymous expression carries zero weight. Trumps opinions are his, from him. To equate the 2 does not hold water. RLLD originally said it is refreshing to hear unpopular opinions from the mouths of those who hold them. Then you stated we do that here. We do not.

Despite everyone's loving to repeat torrid's quote, I can show you scores of lawyers, prosecutors and government officials stating pretty much what TJ said...'being here illegally isn't a crime". And that includes the most recent GOP presidential contender Chris Christie. But what do they know...

Improper entry is a crime, illegal presence, not.

So Torrid's statement, "being here illegally isn't a crime", technically correct. HTH

Christie is a stupid fucko whose pockets are stuffed full with ham and used butter as chapstick.

Government officials can bullsh!t all they want. if the courts start to say that being here illegally isn't a crime, we're all mother focking doomed.

That fact that you have presented yourself as a racist and a liar immediately makes anything you post subject to additional scrutiny and likely false. Your continued misrepresentation of others words and improper use of things such as the first amendment solidifies you as a liar and it becomes less and less possible to take your posts seriously. That being said you are an idiot not unlike Trump himself and so by encouraging your continued posting and further illumination of both your stupidity and lack of integrity everyone can win, can see you and your message for the stumbling clown you are.

Christie is a stupid fucko whose pockets are stuffed full with ham and used butter as chapstick.

Government officials can bullsh!t all they want. if the courts start to say that being here illegally isn't a crime, we're all mother focking doomed.

Well, since in my quote is summarizing the criminal code, it seems the courts have already decided. So, maybe you might want to re-consider who is a stupid f***o. HTH.