Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Michael Floyd

What are anyone's thoughts on Floyd this year? Quiet start so far, which he also had last year while Fitz was doing well early on. More or less like this year through two weeks.

People still expecting him to go off eventually? I have my opinions, but wanted to hear others.

I'm tired of his non-performance and cant rely on waiting for him to go off at this point. Fitz seems to be at the top of his game right now and clearly is Palmers fav

But that was the start of last year too, wasn't it? And then he broke out. The difference is this year we had to pay a higher price for the same season, maybe.

But that was the start of last year too, wasn't it? And then he broke out. The difference is this year we had to pay a higher price for the same season, maybe.

Part of the difference last year was that Floyd was coming off a serious hand injury. This year there isn't an excuse for yardage. I was big on Floyd to start the year and it hasn't happened. The one thing that you have to like is that he is getting targets inside the 5. In week one Palmer threw to him two straight times inside the 5 and last week they threw to him inside the 5 and he converted for a touchdown.

One explanation that's been given for the downshift in Fitzgerald's production in the 2nd half of 2015 and the upshift for Floyd was David Johnson's takeover of the backfield and his deployment in the short area of the field to catch passes, cutting into Fitzgerald's space and somehow setting things up for Floyd. Well, David Johnson's still there catching passes in 2016 but now Fitz > Floyd. :dunno:

The First Impressions article attributed week 1's Fitz > Floyd production to Belichick's taking away what the Cards like to do - throw long. But TB was in town for week 2 and still.....Fitz > Floyd. :dunno: Perhaps gameflow meant that with a comfy lead the Cards could ease up on the risk of downfield throws.

The one thing I do appreciate about owning Floyd is that he'll be my first line of defense for the Missing Moncrief saga. But I'm actively looking around and weighing my options.

• Like 1

One explanation that's been given for the downshift in Fitzgerald's production in the 2nd half of 2015 and the upshift for Floyd was David Johnson's takeover of the backfield and his deployment in the short area of the field to catch passes, cutting into Fitzgerald's space and somehow setting things up for Floyd. Well, David Johnson's still there catching passes in 2016 but now Fitz > Floyd. :dunno:

The First Impressions article attributed week 1's Fitz > Floyd production to Belichick's taking away what the Cards like to do - throw long. But TB was in town for week 2 and still.....Fitz > Floyd. :dunno: Perhaps gameflow meant that with a comfy lead the Cards could ease up on the risk of downfield throws.

The one thing I do appreciate about owning Floyd is that he'll be my first line of defense for the Missing Moncrief saga. But I'm actively looking around and weighing my options.

Part of my concern is exactly the question marks around his usage. I mentioned in the Langford thread I was previously contemplating Floyd for Langford. Langford's arrow is pointing down, but Floyd's arrow is just spinning at the moment. I can't get a read on how valuable he's going to be, and it's causing me to not know how to deal him away from my team.

I'm surprised , I expect a lot more out of him , and was expecting him to become Wr1 on his team.

There's no question that Fitzgerald is the number one target.

But if Floyd was going to show me anything I thought this would be the season , and he has shown me something , that he's over ranked.

Well, I think I just postponed by decision until next week. I was leaning that way anyway, just not enough data to pull the trigger on anything big. I almost had J Hill for Floyd, but that fell through. So with Roto saying that CAP is expected to be the starter in Carolina, I dropped Alf Morris to grab CAP. So...at least now I have two starting backs this week in CAP and (sigh) Ajayi. That may be enough to sneak out a win if my WRs and Luck come back to form. Then I'll have more data about guys like Floyd, Langford, etc.

Well, I think I just postponed by decision until next week. I was leaning that way anyway, just not enough data to pull the trigger on anything big. I almost had J Hill for Floyd, but that fell through. So with Roto saying that CAP is expected to be the starter in Carolina, I dropped Alf Morris to grab CAP. So...at least now I have two starting backs this week in CAP and (sigh) Ajayi. That may be enough to sneak out a win if my WRs and Luck come back to form. Then I'll have more data about guys like Floyd, Langford, etc.

Your bench is so shallow that you had to drop Morris? Morris is a player that can change your season. CAP is not.

Your bench is so shallow that you had to drop Morris? Morris is a player that can change your season. CAP is not.

Elliott is not hurt.

Stewart is already and has long history of problems.

So.....

Elliott is not hurt.

Stewart is already and has long history of problems.

So.....

Exactly. Jerry has a hard on for Zeke, too.

My bench isn't so much shallow as full of dudes who may start at some point if something happens to someone else. What I need is two warm bodies to start right now until guys like Rawls and Dixon come online. Giving up a backup like Morris is worth ending up 1-3. I've got a tough couple of weeks coming up.

Stewart as done little and I would expect the same from Cap or Whittaker.

Newton is the Goalline Rb on that team so there's almost no td value.

Stewart as done little and I would expect the same from Cap or Whittaker.

Newton is the Goalline Rb on that team so there's almost no td value.

There's little TD value from most RBs this year. I'll take what Fozzie put up last week, I'm fine with that. :) It's better than a couple of carries and the chance at a TD that Morris has been getting. Don't get me wrong, I grabbed Morris after week 1, surprised no one else had. But he's not a guy I'm starting in one of two RB spots. I want the most volume I can get there, not a flier for a TD. That's just me.

I am carrying Alf, CMike, and D. Henry on my bench......and it's not a long bench (6 spots). I just feel like these 3 guys could carry you down the stretch if/when injuries occur. Last season, my team ran outta steam during the playoffs because I ran out of healthy/talented RB's. I refuse to let that happen again.

I am carrying Alf, CMike, and D. Henry on my bench......and it's not a long bench (6 spots). I just feel like these 3 guys could carry you down the stretch if/when injuries occur. Last season, my team ran outta steam during the playoffs because I ran out of healthy/talented RB's. I refuse to let that happen again.

I've got Dixon, DWash, CAP, and Rawls who I'm expecting to come on at some point. Last year for me it wasnt running out of steam. It was half of my roster going down in the first quarter of action in round one, including the aforementioned Rawls. No real way to stop that. I'm just rambling now because I'm hopped up on Sudafed.

I drafted him. Every year he has been in the league I have ended up with him based off what I saw when he played Michigan. He was dominant. That has not turned out to be the case in the NFL

Hes a bum and im starting him this week with JMatt on bye. Actually, will prob pick up and start John Brown instead.

The emergence of David Johnson is likely hurting him. Floyd was kinda a td heavy guy. Also teams seem to be scheming away the deep ball against the cards.

The emergence of David Johnson is likely hurting him. Floyd was kinda a td heavy guy. Also teams seem to be scheming away the deep ball against the cards.

Emergence of Johnson was supposedly what hurt Fitz last year. DJ isn't a deep ball guy, I don't buy this reason. The scheming part, yeah. Also Palmer's troubles. He targeted Floyd eleven times last game. If Palmer's ship was upright, eleven targets would turn into something.

I'm just waiting for the guy to have one good game and then I'm cutting him loose for the first offer I can tempt someone with.

I like he was targeted 11 times last week. Hard to get down on that. Palmer will have better days.

He tends to put up better numbers in second half of season. Good buy low.

Only marginally. Last year was the first time there was a clear difference in his stats. Glancing at 12-14, not a whole lot of difference between halves. Maybe a half catch per game. 2013 was 25 yards per game more in the second half, that's about it other than last year. So I'm not sure if last year alone counts as a trend.

I certainly hope so. I'm holding, only because my sunk costs are so high and no one is buying.

I like he was targeted 11 times last week. Hard to get down on that. Palmer will have better days.

That's what I'm hanging my hopes on. It's what I tried to sell him on, but no takers.

I tried trading him for Matt Jones straight up, no go. I ended up getting Jones in the end for a lower price, but the headache of having Floyd on my team right now is almost worth paying a little more to see him gone.

There's no question that Fitzgerald is the number one target.

But if Floyd was going to show me anything I thought this would be the season , and he has shown me something , that he's over ranked.

Floyd is supposed to be the heir apparent.

That being said, he started slow last year and picked it up later in the year.

I wouldnt drop him. I'd hold at this point.

He will turn it around eventually.

Hes a bum and im starting him this week with JMatt on bye. Actually, will prob pick up and start John Brown instead.

Cards local here. I have SOOOO wanted Floyd to emerge but it just isn't happening. Last week's game was incredibly frustrating -- I can forgive the drop on the first play, but that play at the end where he clearly should have cut, Palmer threw to the spot, Floyd just jogged past the safety... that's benching behavior. Arians stated today that John Brown was maybe the only bright spot last week, which implies that he may eat into Floyd's snaps.

I'm keeping him, mainly because I have no choice. My league is very savvy and there are slim pickens at WR this year due to the draft going 'the year of the receiver' and all...

I can't help but think that Arians will get the kinks worked out on that offense and he'll re-emerge before too long. I'm more worried about the Browns cutting in on his targets as they're being more productive.