Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

That's that one team. SF and Oakland are loyal to their other teams. I think I've remarked on how the Patriots games used to be blacked out, even during some good years. They weren't even all that popular until they won multiple championships. No problem getting a Pats ticket in the early 2000's.

Again, you are wrong. You keep saying this type of sh!t and I keep proving you wrong. So, go fock yourself.

http://www.telegram.com/sports/20170714/patriots-sellout-streak-continues-for-24th-consecutive-season

By the end of the upcoming season, the Patriots’ sellout streak will have reached 261 consecutive games, which shows that New England fans aren’t just front-runners. This streak coincided with Robert Kraft purchasing the franchise in 1994. Since then, the Patriots have sold out every game, including preseason, regular-season and postseason games.

Celtics have 1 road win the entire playoffs. Not sure what folks expected.

If LeBron let's this Celtics team end his finals run, he takes a hit.

:dunno:

His finals record isn't great, he may end up being better off losing now, another bad finals won't do him any favors either.

I don't get this thinking

I don't get this thinking

Right?

This narrative is silly.

Jim Kelly lost the super bowl 4 times, you think he'd have rather just been once and lost?

Right?

This narrative is silly.

Jim Kelly lost the super bowl 4 times, you think he'd have rather just been once and lost?

Its the dumbest line of thinking in sports and we hear it all the time.

Somehow losing in a championship series is worse than not making it that far. It makes my head explode.

Somehow losing in a championship series is worse than not making it that far. It makes my head explode.

Stephen A. Smiff was talking about it the other day as well as it relates to LeBron. Tells you all you need to know about how stupid it is.

Not saying it makes sense...but it's true. Who remembers who lost a conference final? Not many

When you've lost that many finals, the optics don't look good. Not saying I agree with it, it's just the way it is..

Not saying it makes sense...but it's true. Who remembers who lost a conference final? Not many

When it comes to LeBron I'm sure there will be a poster or two that will remind us of it :D

Again, you are wrong. You keep saying this type of sh!t and I keep proving you wrong. So, go fock yourself.

http://www.telegram.com/sports/20170714/patriots-sellout-streak-continues-for-24th-consecutive-season

he's got the Eli younger brother syndrome, though he's gotten the better of big bro a couple times he'll still never measure up to the greatness.

:(

Not saying it makes sense...but it's true.

To morons its true. Forget basketball, the logic is just plain dumb.

To morons its true. Forget basketball, the logic is just plain dumb.

Not really. You remember what the last thing in a season is.

I mean roll through any great team. Can you really go through those old Lakers and Celtics championships and tell me who they beat in the Conference Finals?

How about the Miami Heat?

I'm not sure if I remember who the last season Conference Championship losers were.

Not really. You remember what the last thing in a season is.

I mean roll through any great team. Can you really go through those old Lakers and Celtics championships and tell me who they beat in the Conference Finals?

How about the Miami Heat?

I'm not sure if I remember who the last season Conference Championship losers were.

To look at 3-5 as more losses than wins is dumb. 3-6 is still 9 trips to the Finals.

I just like that so much...

You looked for it.... because it hit home.. which means you know it's true.

not necessarily. you repeating yourself doesn't make it correct. while i am getting older, I remembered having this discussion before. as i stated in that thread, it is common for newer/younger fans to latch onto successful teams. it is also enhanced by the warriors style and pace of play. if a fringe fan is given a choice to watch a game between the warriors/rockets/blazers or 80's 6ers/knicks/celts, which would be more entertaining for someone with little knowledge of the game?

To look at 3-5 as more losses than wins is dumb. 3-6 is still 9 trips to the Finals.

I'm not saying it makes sense I'm just saying that's the way it goes.

If he goes to another finals and gets whacked you know he's going to get beaten for it mercilessly. But if Boston wins nobody's going to care that he got beat in the series 5 years from now.

not necessarily. you repeating yourself doesn't make it correct. while i am getting older, I remembered having this discussion before. as i stated in that thread, it is common for newer/younger fans to latch onto successful teams. it is also enhanced by the warriors style and pace of play. if a fringe fan is given a choice to watch a game between the warriors/rockets/blazers or 80's 6ers/knicks/celts, which would be more entertaining for someone with little knowledge of the game?

It was from a year ago. Saying one other time is repeating myself?

Hey if you're a Warriors fan great. Let's not pretend like There is some rich history of being a warrior fan. That's the reason I only see children running around in Golden State Warrior fan gear.

Hey if you're a Warriors fan great. Let's not pretend like There is some rich history of being a warrior fan. That's the reason I only see children running around in Golden State Warrior fan gear.

i am not going to comb every thread about the nba or the warriors to verify that you have said this more than twice. Warriors do have history but not many have been around long enough to witness it. the organization just came out of a nasty 20 year FO fluster cuck. cleveland had some nice teams as well, but fell hard until laflop help build it back up...lot of bron jerseys out there. fringe fans are front runners.

I'm not saying it makes sense I'm just saying that's the way it goes.

If he goes to another finals and gets whacked you know he's going to get beaten for it mercilessly. But if Boston wins nobody's going to care that he got beat in the series 5 years from now.

yea, I don't know about that...I think it will "look" worse.

There are truly only a handful of teams that really have a history rich enough for fans to be excited about.

Celtics

Lakers

Bulls

Pistons

Spurs

Who else you got?

Rockets?

Heat?

76ers?

Mavs?

yea, I don't know about that...I think it will "look" worse.

Again..run through how many teams you know who lost a finals.....now how many can you name that lost conference finals (you even have twice as many teams to pull from)

Dont know about you...but i can name waaay more finals losers.

Given his already poor record, while still impressive how many hes made...hes going to get torched if he loses 4-1.

if memory serves, I think Lebron is 3 and 5 in NBA finals. 3 and 6 is no different.

if memory serves, I think Lebron is 3 and 5 in NBA finals. 3 and 6 is no different.

Overall, the East has been pretty weak over LeBron's reign. That shouldn't be ignored and it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Skating to 8 Finals only to win 3 does reflect on your overall place in history. Add in another loss..

It is what it is...

IMHO it will say more if he loses to the Celtics over the Warriors

Maybe but I think it's just way easy to excuse LeBron if he loses to Boston and doesn't make a final. His roster is not very good on and on. But if he makes the final and get swept or only wins a game it's still is going to fall on him.

Not saying that's right but that's just how Sports Go.

Nobody will ever remember it though, he will be remembered for making 9 finals though, the amount of times he loses will be discussed.

We're obviously splitting hairs and discussing all-time greats, so, I think that is fair banter.

Nobody will ever remember it though, he will be remembered for making 9 finals though, the amount of times he loses will be discussed.

We're obviously splitting hairs and discussing all-time greats, so, I think that is fair banter.

:thumbsup:

I hate lebron.

LeBron is so supremely talented but so supremely unlikable

it starts with "The Decision" and just snowballs from there with creating super teams, blaming teammates, the constant me, I, I, me, me, me, I, I tone of everything LeBron and yes, the media has some culpability there too.

He is the most physically gifted NBA player ever - yet he portrays himself as someone enduring a difficult burden with an unfair uphill climb.

For all the reasons there were to be fans of Tiny Archibald, Mugsy Bogues, and World B Free - LeBron is the exact opposite - the guy was born with every physical advantage to be great but he still comes across as a spoiled, crybaby, me-first, quitter.

Again..run through how many teams you know who lost a finals.....now how many can you name that lost conference finals (you even have twice as many teams to pull from)

2008-09 Orlando Magic. :(

Dont know about you...but i can name waaay more finals losers.

Given his already poor record, while still impressive how many hes made...hes going to get torched if he loses 4-1.

I understand what your saying, but for Lebron adding a 9th trip will help VERY slightly. Losing to the depleted Cs will hurt, again very slightly. His cast argument is part on him. Losing to sham Durant GSW superteam won't hurt him imo. Losing to the Mavs should be his only one that will.

Losing to sham Durant GSW superteam won't hurt him

nobody like the "super teams" - but there's some justice for LeBron there the original "super team" guy.

and that's just it... you're the most physically gifted NBA player ever but you need to get all the other cool kids around you too so you can win at kickball against the nerds in recess - and then you cry and complain when it's done back to you?

nobody like the "super teams" - but there's some justice for LeBron there the original "super team" guy.

and that's just it... you're the most physically gifted NBA player ever but you need to get all the other cool kids around you too so you can win at kickball against the nerds in recess - and then you cry and complain when it's done back to you?

Spot on.

The first Big Three was Garnett-Pierce-Allen.

That started the current trend, LeBron saw teams like Boston 10 years ago gathering All Stars in an arms race, so he did it too.

Goose - Gander

The Cs were kind of the first super team, though as a homer its softened as they were on the back end of their primes. Lebron would have been screwed if he stayed with the Cavs. The Decision was lame, but the decision to put something together to challenge the Cs at that time had to happen.

The Cs were kind of the first super team, though as a homer its softened as they were on the back end of their primes. Lebron would have been screwed if he stayed with the Cavs. The Decision was lame, but the decision to put something together to challenge the Cs at that time had to happen.

Pretty much. Thats the history.

back in the day iirc, didn't houston, lakers, and phx acquire aging vets (barkley, drexler, malone, etc) but much shorter played?

The Cs were kind of the first super team

no more than Bird, McHale, Parish or Magic, Kareen, Worthy - and at least the perception was that a tems management put those teams together, not the players themselves colluding.

And with Garnett, Pierce, Allen - they weren't the three best players in the NBA and all were on the back side of their career.

What went on the MIA and then GSW is at a whole other level. You can pretend it's the same though if you'd like.

What went on GSW is at a whole other level. You can pretend it's the same though if you'd like.

:nono: core was primarily built via the draft. iggy was not heavily coveted (then other role players via FA). Durant was a huge signing, but they had success before he came on board.

:nono: core was primarily built via the draft. iggy was not heavily coveted (then other role players via FA). Durant was a huge signing, but they had success before he came on board.

Yea why do people act like the warriors bought and constructed a super team of free agent hired guns? The core was in place and gelled and had success, THEN they brought in Durant.

They had success for sure, but the Durant signing was the biggest pooooosay move of all time, and that turned them into a superteam.