Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Game 3 isn't til Saturday?!? :lol:

Did they walk from Boston to Cleveland?

Game 3 isn't til Saturday?!? :lol:

Did they walk from Boston to Cleveland?

They have to give Cleveland enough time to identify, recruit, and sign a decent # 2 for Lebron

They have to give Cleveland enough time to identify, recruit, and sign a decent # 2 for Lebron

Aw, fair enough :thumbsup:

True, true.

the greatest of the greats make average #2s decent #2s.

the greatest of the greats make average #2s decent #2s.

Truth.

Dirk Nowitzki elevated some guy named Jason Terry into a good enough #2 that over the course of 8 seasons they had a record of 434 wins vs 206 losses (never winning less than 50 games), went to the NBA Finals twice, and won 1 championship.

If Jason Terry had been on Lebron's teams, we'd have heard for 8 years how Lebron had no help at all and nobody could be expected to contend with Jason Terry as a second option.

I thought the Warriors and Rockets played last night. Why are y'all still talking about LeBron today?

Talk about Living Rent Free....... :huh:

Truth.

Dirk Nowitzki elevated some guy named Jason Terry into a good enough #2 that over the course of 8 seasons they had a record of 434 wins vs 206 losses (never winning less than 50 games), went to the NBA Finals twice, and won 1 championship.

If Jason Terry had been on Lebron's teams, we'd have heard for 8 years how Lebron had no help at all and nobody could be expected to contend with Jason Terry as a second option.

I am not sure what your point is. Do you think this Cavs team is a good enough supporting cast to win a championship with LeBron? Or are you saying they were good enough but playing with Lebron ruined them?

Without James I think Cleveland is a lottery team this year.

I am not sure what your point is. Do you think this Cavs team is a good enough supporting cast to win a championship with LeBron? Or are you saying they were good enough but playing with Lebron ruined them?

Lebron is the GM, it's what he wanted,.

HTH

Lebron is the GM, it's what he wanted,.

HTH

That may be true but it doesn't answer my question. You know a lot for a guy who doesn't watch basketball.

In fairness, without LeBron, Kyrie is still a Cav.

I thought the Warriors and Rockets played last night. Why are y'all still talking about LeBron today?

Talk about Living Rent Free....... :huh:

Aww, you're so cute. Not sure if you've heard or not but, we're in the middle of a series involving LeBron. We'll probably have conversations about said player, that sort of thing ok with you pumpkin?

:wave:

That may be true but it doesn't answer my question. You know a lot for a guy who doesn't watch basketball.

I know a lot about swimming too.

I've said previously I still think they are 50/50 to win the series, and would be 50/50 against Houston....so yes, they are good enough to win a title.

As for their being a lottery team without Lebron, yes of course. The Mavs would have been a lottery team for the entire decade without Dirk, the Lakers without Kobe, the pre-2011 Heat without Wade, and so it goes. Golden State is probably the only team right now that could lose it's top star and still be a surefire playoff team, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I've said previously I still think they are 50/50 to win the series, and would be 50/50 against Houston....so yes, they are good enough to win a title.

As for their being a lottery team without Lebron, yes of course. The Mavs would have been a lottery team for the entire decade without Dirk, the Lakers without Kobe, the pre-2011 Heat without Wade, and so it goes. Golden State is probably the only team right now that could lose it's top star and still be a surefire playoff team, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I think your missing someone

My point is his supporting cast is bad. I am not sure what your point is. LeBron is the best player in the world and you think hes holding Kevin Love back.

I think your missing someone

my missing someone where?

Celtics + 6.5 game 3

Celtics + 6.5 game 3

Stay away. Home teams down 0-2 in a playoff series cover around 75% of the time.

Youll prolly see the steam come in on Cavs and it move to 7 or 7.5

Stay away. Home teams down 0-2 in a playoff series cover around 75% of the time.

I don't bet. just putting it out there.

I thought the Cavs would win game 1 and then game 2. I know nothing

I don't bet. just putting it out there.

I thought the Cavs would win game 1 and then game 2. I know nothing

I remember one time that you were on a hot streak. Yeah, that was neat.

I remember one time that you were on a hot streak. Yeah, that was neat.

fine. I dont bet on the nba :)

My point is his supporting cast is bad. I am not sure what your point is. LeBron is the best player in the world and you think hes holding Kevin Love back.

A few pot shots at Lebron aside, you've missed my point completely.

Lebron is the best player in the world and the 2nd greatest player in history, but arguing that he hasn't been supplied with adequate 2nd-3rd-4th scoring options is completely incorrect. He has those guys in spades, but Lebron's style of play doesn't allow for them to become the factors they'd be if they played with a different alpha.

Said a more plain way.....Kevin Love would be a #1 option for a third of the league, and an excellent 2nd option to anyone in basketball other than Lebron.

• Like 1

Lebron is the best player in the world and the 2nd greatest player in history, but arguing that he hasn't been supplied with have adequate 2nd-3rd-4th scoring options is completely incorrect. He has those guys in spades, but Lebron's style of play doesn't allow for them to become the factors they'd be if they played with a different alpha.

Said a more plain way.....Kevin Love would be a #1 option for a third of the league, and an excellent 2nd option to anyone in basketball other than Lebron.

absolutely! your point was very clearly stated and supported.

• Like 1

Lebron is the best player in the world and the 2nd greatest player in history, but arguing that he hasn't been supplied with have adequate 2nd-3rd-4th scoring options is completely incorrect. He has those guys in spades, but Lebron's style of play doesn't allow for them to become the factors they'd be if they played with a different alpha.

I wasnt saying LeBron hadnt had quality secondary scorers throughout his career, onky that he lacks that second guy this year. Kevin Love may be a #1 option for a third of the league but all of those teams would be bad. He would probably not be the second best player on any championship caliber team.

Love is around .6 off his career average PPG. Brons fault?

Love is around .6 off his career average PPG. Brons fault?

The career average is skewed by his lame first 2 seasons (common) and moreso by his 4 seasons with stinky Lebron.

More telling numbers are:

• His last 4 seasons not playing with Lebron: 24 pts per game
  • His 4 seasons playing with stinky Lebron: 17 pts per game

What exactly are we arguing here?

Kevin Love is an NBA All Star type caliber player. His style of game, inside/out, can knock down 3's, good pick and roll player actually fits in well with a LeBron James team.

His problems with the Cavs have been mostly due to 1.) his multitude of injuries and 2.) his inconsistent play.

Love has been hurt, A LOT. That in and of itself limits production and his gelling with other players. And when healthy he will often times go through shooting slumps. Other than that he's been a good addition to the that team. :dunno:

Cleveland's problem isn't Love, its lack of production 3 thru 12 on the roster. Korver has been streaky, Hill & JR are just flat out old and tired, Tristan has the Kardashian Kurse, and well, their head coach should be coaching High School somewhere in California.

Personally, I'd like to see more Clarkston, Calderon and Larry Nance. JR Smith needs to ride the pine.

ETA: With that said, looking at the rosters of the 4 teams left......Kevin love is pretty low if you just rank them and he's Cleveland's by far second best player. So MDC's point is valid. I'd tthink most any GM would trade Kevin Love straight up for any of these players (if all were healthy)....

LeBron

Durant

Harden

Kyrie (hurt)

Curry

C.Paul

Klay

Draymond

Tatum

J.Brown

Horford

Hayward (hurt)

Love

Everyone and their mother will be betting Cavs expecting them to bounce back. Take Celtics and the points and clean up.

Kevin Love is an NBA All Star type caliber player. His style of game, inside/out, can knock down 3's, good pick and roll player actually fits in well with a LeBron James team.

His problems with the Cavs have been mostly due to 1.) his multitude of injuries and 2.) his inconsistent play.

Love has been hurt, A LOT. That in and of itself limits production and his gelling with other players. And when healthy he will often times go through shooting slumps. Other than that he's been a good addition to the that team. :dunno:

Cleveland's problem isn't Love, its lack of production 3 thru 12 on the roster. Korver has been streaky, Hill & JR are just flat out old and tired, Tristan has the Kardashian Kurse, and well, their head coach should be coaching High School somewhere in California.

Personally, I'd like to see more Clarkston, Calderon and Larry Nance. JR Smith needs to ride the pine.

ETA: With that said, looking at the rosters of the 4 teams left......Kevin love is pretty low if you just rank them and he's Cleveland's by far second best player. So MDC's point is valid. I'd tthink most any GM would trade Kevin Love straight up for any of these players (if all were healthy)....

LeBron

Durant

Harden

Kyrie (hurt)

Curry

C.Paul

Klay

Draymond

Tatum

J.Brown

Horford

Hayward (hurt)

Love

Who is oldest of JR, Hill, and Calderon? After you Google that tell me why you want more Calderon because Hill/JR are just old. TIA.

Can we just agree LBJ is gone after this year? His supporting cast is garbage.

Of course, he will cash in on yet another max contract. What’s that like 5 now?

Can we just agree LBJ is gone after this year? His supporting cast is garbage.

You must listen to the same radio station as MDC

KFSH “The Fish” Jamming the hottest tunes in Fishtown.

LeBron to Philly confirmed.

You mean the Knicks fan?

LeBron

Durant

Harden

Kyrie (hurt)

Curry

C.Paul

Klay

Draymond

Tatum

J.Brown

Horford

Hayward (hurt)

Love

Love would rank lower on the list now, because his value has been suppressed by 3 years of playing with LeBron. But his pre-LeBron value was worth the #1 overall pick in the NBA Draft. Klay, Draynond, Tatum, Brown, Horford, and Hayward havent ever been nor are likely to ever be that valuable at any point in their careers.

Who is oldest of JR, Hill, and Calderon? After you Google that tell me why you want more Calderon because Hill/JR are just old. TIA.

Yup, age is the ONLY consideration.

Calderon brings energy. Hill and Smith brought 1-12 shooting, poor defense, flagrant foul, and no energy.

I am enjoying you following me around on here though. Boys, looks like I have an admirer. :wub:

Love would rank lower on the list now, because his value has been suppressed by 3 years of playing with LeBron. But his pre-LeBron value was worth the #1 overall pick in the NBA Draft. Klay, Draynond, Tatum, Brown, Horford, and Hayward havent ever been nor are likely to ever be that valuable at any point in their careers.

I would take any one of them over Love. :dunno:

I would take any one of them over Love. :dunno:

Well of course, as you think he sucks. And if Tatum played with Lebron, youd think he sucks.