Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Ridiculous Trade Offers Guy

You know the guy. Offers Andre Davis for Rudi Johnson, and sends a email note with a link to how Matt Shaub and Davis are such good friends. OR Offers you a 2-1 deal (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck and Roddy White for Tom Brady) and sends you stats how the combined fantasy points of Matt and Roddy are just as good if not better than Brady's. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to think of a creative way to deal with "Ridiculous Trade Offer Guy" without resorting to driving over to his house and puching him in the face in front of his family. Usually I just ignore him and decline the trades, however I do not feel that he is getting the point.

Any suggestions?

You know the guy. Offers Andre Davis for Rudi Johnson, and sends a email note with a link to how Matt Shaub and Davis are such good friends. OR Offers you a 2-1 deal (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck and Roddy White for Tom Brady) and sends you stats how the combined stats of Matt and Roddy are just as good if not better than Brady's. :cheers:

I'm trying to think of a creative way to deal with "Ridiculous Trade Offer Guy" without resorting to driving over to his house and puching him in the face in front of his family. Usually I just ignore him and decline the trades, however I do not feel that he is getting the point.

Any suggestions?

Know him? Ha, I've got 9 of him in my league. I've hopped in on the fun, most recently offering Jennings for Brady straight up.

Nobody does trades in my league because everybody is trying to be that guy. :overhead:

If you figure out a way, let me know. We have a guy in our league who offers his 5 bench players for your 1 starter. Then when you offer 2 of your starters for one of his, he says that guy is untradeable. :overhead:

Won't Trade With You Unless He Rapes You Guy is worse than that guy, though. I offered McGahee/Boldin/Chambers to a guy this week for Gore/Wayne. He turned me down. No big deal. But then he turns right around and asks me to trade him Boldin for Jerricho Cotchery. :cheers:

We once had a guy who would regularly offer things like Jeff Wilkins for Randy Moss. Then would write on the message board that the league sucked because no one traded. There was no humiliating the guy so we just dropped him after the season.

If you figure out a way, let me know. We have a guy in our league who offers his 5 bench players for your 1 starter. Then when you offer 2 of your starters for one of his, he says that guy is untradeable. :cheers:

Won't Trade With You Unless He Rapes You Guy is worse than that guy, though. I offered McGahee/Boldin/Chambers to a guy this week for Gore/Wayne. He turned me down. No big deal. But then he turns right around and asks me to trade him Boldin for Jerricho Cotchery. :lol:

Yeah that guy sucks, but what about waiver wire guy?

He's the guy that picks up Michael Bennet and then tries to turn around and trade him for Ronnie Brown. He'll say something like "The Dolphins ship is sinking fast, and Bennett will be rejuvenated in Tampa Bay".

:overhead:

I just send him counters of even more rediculous trades.

For instance I got offered... Northcutt, and Earnest Graham for Frank Gore this week. So I sent him a counter of Julius Jones and James Jones for Larry Johnson. Ofcourse I sent him all these stats and links of articles about whatever.

Personally I just have fun with it.

You know the guy. Offers Andre Davis for Rudi Johnson, and sends a email note with a link to how Matt Shaub and Davis are such good friends. OR Offers you a 2-1 deal (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck and Roddy White for Tom Brady) and sends you stats how the combined fantasy points of Matt and Roddy are just as good if not better than Brady's. :overhead:

Any suggestions?

Yeah douche try a counter offer. Nobody leads off with their best offer first.

Yeah that guy sucks, but what about waiver wire guy?

He's the guy that picks up Michael Bennet and then tries to turn around and trade him for Ronnie Brown. He'll say something like "The Dolphins ship is sinking fast, and Bennett will be rejuvenated in Tampa Bay".

:overhead:

My reply to that has always been:

"If Bennett is going to be rejuvenated in Tampa, and the Dolphins ship is sinking fast, why would you want to trade Bennett?"..... :cheers:

Of course you somewhat lowball at first on a trade, but at least come in the focking vicinity of logic. We all value players a little differently, but damn, at least use some common sense and not offer something totally ridiculous. It only makes you look like a schmuck and turns the other guy off to trading with you at all. HTH

I guess we found "that guy" :lol:

I have 4 starting backs PLUS Maroney.

Guy picked up Faulk off waivers and proposed:

Kevin Faulk for Antonio Gates....

Riiiiiggggghhhhtttt......

I have 4 starting backs PLUS Maroney.

Guy picked up Faulk off waivers and proposed:

Kevin Faulk for Antonio Gates....

Riiiiiggggghhhhtttt......

Waiver guy strikes again! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Maybe he is hoping for you to accidentially hit the "Accept Trade" button instead of the "Reject Trade" one. :rolleyes:

I don't respond at all and don't reject the offer. I just let it sit there. I can sit there all season without any notice whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. That really pisses off the WW guy and the Bad-trade guy because with no response at all from you they are left with the thread of hope you might actually take the deal.

I don't respond at all and don't reject the offer. I just let it sit there. I can sit there all season without any notice whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. That really pisses off the WW guy and the Bad-trade guy because with no response at all from you they are left with the thread of hope you might actually take the deal.

:mad:

In my league, the waiver wire guy and the bad trade guy are the same person.

The other day he offered me Matt Hassleback for either Addai or Edge. :mad:

Yeah.... barring a Brady injury, MH would see action one week - Brady's bye week.

Of course now, I'm hoping he's foolish enough to take my Jacobs for Fitz trade, which would be especially sweet if he did, since he dropped Jacobs on the WW after he got hurt in Wk 1. :mad:

Someone else in my league is doing what Nichee said... just let it sit there unanswered. Of course, he's taking it one step further and would go approve the trade if his guy got hurt, leaving 'bad trade guy' holding the bag.

Needless to say, those two don't get along.

I've been simply amazed in one league. I pulled Selvin Young off WW as soon as it opened (deep dynasty league). Once the Henry news was announced I start getting "I'll trade you this no-name backup for your no-name backup" offers like I don't know it happened. Got even funnier with Bennett, who I got the week before the trade was announced. Along comes the "Would you be willing to part with Bennett because I would like to have the backup to my LJ". Hmmm, well, last time I checked Kolby Smith and even Priest Holmes were backing him up...and now Bennett is competing for the starting gig possibly in Tampa, so, let me think...um, NO! It's crazy. I'll trade anybody for the right price, so long as I think it helps my team. I'll offer a trade for anybody and try to make all of them reasonable, but people get sooooooo hooked on a "name" or potential. Potential doesn't score points, scoring points does.

Of course you somewhat lowball at first on a trade, but at least come in the focking vicinity of logic. We all value players a little differently, but damn, at least use some common sense and not offer something totally ridiculous. It only makes you look like a schmuck and turns the other guy off to trading with you at all. HTH

I guess we found "that guy" :lol:

LoL, I'm not as bad as that guy, but I dont come out with my best deal first! You got to work your way up to it and meet in the middle. I low ball you a bit, you low ball me then we meet somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately in my leagues, people just hit reject and never counter!

How about this trade offer i recieved-

Mcgahee, b. edwards and the broncos(my team)

for

S. Young, d. wynn and g. jennings(his team)

I laughed at him and said come back with a realistic trade or don't bother!!

I've been simply amazed in one league. I pulled Selvin Young off WW as soon as it opened (deep dynasty league). Once the Henry news was announced I start getting "I'll trade you this no-name backup for your no-name backup" offers like I don't know it happened.

I had the same thing happen with Young. I picked him up the week before. Then the morning after the news came out about Henry, I get an offer for him for a 4th WR. I just sent back a note that, given the news from last night, I would have to pass.

I am still waiting for that drug lover to get suspended :music_guitarred:

actually this is a great way to handle this guy if bad trade offers upset you (they don't upset me, i find them entertaining and a form of trash talk). you can burn the guy when your guys gets hurt and he has left the offer up, you can then accept

Counter offering in fantasy is very difficult.

it's pretty much take it or leave it.

actually this is a great way to handle this guy if bad trade offers upset you (they don't upset me, i find them entertaining and a form of trash talk). you can burn the guy when your guys gets hurt and he has left the offer up, you can then accept

They don't upset me per se. It's just I log on and see "TRADE OFFER" and get all warm and fuzzy inside because it is so much fun. Then I proceed open it up and see a totally bullshit offer. This happens every other day. :overhead:

I've tried countering with more closely valued offers (obviously in my favor, but not by much) and he just responds with these articles and stats and tries to talk me into the original crazy offer instead. :thumbsup:

We have a place on the fantasy football website where you can post made up articles and stories with pics included. I'm currently in the process of writing a piece about "Ridiculous Trade Offer Guy" complete with a photoshopped pic of this dude in a straight jacket. :music_guitarred:

You know the guy. Offers Andre Davis for Rudi Johnson, and sends a email note with a link to how Matt Shaub and Davis are such good friends. OR Offers you a 2-1 deal (i.e. Matt Hasselbeck and Roddy White for Tom Brady) and sends you stats how the combined fantasy points of Matt and Roddy are just as good if not better than Brady's. :wacko:

Any suggestions?

I ignore them but do not decline them. I let him withdraw them.

Actually, in thinking about, the best way to go is to ignore them, then when your player experiences the season ending injury, you accept it real quick like. If I offer them, I withdraw when it's clear the trade won't go thru before the first games.

Here is one in our league this week:

14 team Dynasty:

Team A wants to trade Crumpler, Chris Brown (RB) and 2 2008 1st rd. picks to Team B for Witten and Jones Drew. But he wants to keep the other 1st round pick (happens to be Team B's). Obviously he is trying to weaken Team B so he can get a better pick. He is 4-2 and team B is 2-4 and they play this week. Witten counters Team A's Romo.

Would you trade 2 established players (both would instantly start every game for team A) for to 'potential' picks (at 2-4 only because of some bad luck (J. walker/S. Jackson injuries))?

He asked my opinion and I said "do you want to lose every year'?

LoL, I'm not as bad as that guy, but I dont come out with my best deal first! You got to work your way up to it and meet in the middle. I low ball you a bit, you low ball me then we meet somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately in my leagues, people just hit reject and never counter!

And how is the person you're offering a trade to supposed to know that. I hate that type of trading and it just makes me less interested in trading with that person, at least with that approach. You might try adjusting your approach since it doesn't work for you.

I find in my leagues there are a few guys who just have freakishly high valuations on their own players, and freakishly low values on yours... and then there are guys who are a bit more realistic. So I basically end up trading with the realistic ones.

I think earlier this year I was offered LaMont Jordan for Adrian Peterson... in a keeper league. :shocking: It's the first year I've played with these guys, but I was pretty surprised. I think he also offered me Torry Holt and a third round pick for AD.

I don't get insulted at any offer, though, because that's what makes a free market work. And in fairness, although none of my players are "untouchable" it would take quite a bit for me to give up AD, Calvin Johnson, etc.

I think all 8 of my keepers are going to be rookies or second year players, so you can tell what kind of team I went after.

Worst member is "Hurt Player Trade Offer guy", The one in my League offered Eddie Kennison after he got hurt and is now shopping Javon.

I've been offered Eli Manning for Randy Moss around week 4 and just a few days ago was offered Kellen Winslow for Joseph Addai.

How about "shotgun approach" guy. We have one guy in my original league that tries throwing out a dozen bad trade offers, seemingly with the theory that at least one of them will go through. And it's kind of working. Every year you see him pull of one or two trades that just leave you scratching your head.

Every time I see a trade offer from him I open it up expecting the worst. He's developed a reputation and I know others do the same when they see a trade from him.

I disagree here. If you're not going to have the decency to propose a realistic trade, I'm not going to do anything more that hit decline. If I think you're honestly proposing what you think is a fair trade I'll either accept or counter with another suggestion. But if you're obviously proposing a lopsided trade, buh-bye! I don't have time for that BS.

This trade was vetoed my League. It's actually the first I've seen this year. Generally the trades are reasonable enough that even if one guy looks dumb we let them through. This one however, didn't make it.....

Guy doing well right now offers: (his bunch of bench players, most from the WW)

Kurt Warner

Reggie Brown

Jerious Norwood

Brian Leonard

Matt Schaub

To get from a guy who is 1-5: (his starters, except Andre)

Ben Roethlisberger

Marion Barber III

Earnest Graham

Andre Johnson

A guy in our league offered Brian Griese for Marvin Harrison. Then he offerred Griese to another guy for Brian Westbrook. That guy just started playing with him, e-mailing offers he knew he wouldn't go through with in the end. It was pretty funny!

Is Earnest Graham and Joey Galloway a ridiculous offer for Reggie Wayne if the guy is starting 2 Jets RB's?

This trade was vetoed my League. It's actually the first I've seen this year. Generally the trades are reasonable enough that even if one guy looks dumb we let them through. This one however, didn't make it.....

Guy doing well right now offers: (his bunch of bench players, most from the WW)

Kurt Warner

Reggie Brown

Jerious Norwood

Brian Leonard

Matt Schaub

To get from a guy who is 1-5: (his starters, except Andre)

Ben Roethlisberger

Marion Barber III

Earnest Graham

Andre Johnson

I'd say the 1-5 guy would have made out better on that trade. I cannot believe that trade didn't go through. weak

I suspect we've all been on both sides of this. It's all perspective I suppose but trading is a fine art.

coming from a long line of "horse traders", the first round you never offer what you're really willing to pay and always ask for more than you're willing to take.

it's just like buying a house or a car not walmart or the grocery store.

IMHO.

I got one today in my PPR keeper league: He wanted my MJD for S. Morris and Stokely. His only RB's are Alexander, Morris, and Wynn (bye), so he had only one playable RB.

I almost shot back some sarcasm, but I knew he wanted to trade. I countered with Chester Taylor for Javon Walker, figuring Walker might just be of help come the playoffs, and had more keeper potential anyway.

He accepted. If anyone else had shot me MJD for Morris and Stokley, I'd have laughed in their face, but I knew this guy was sending me a signal. The point is, you have to know what the motive behind the trade offer is, and how the guy operates when he wants to trade.

There's nothing worse than the "I'm doing you a favor" guy. Pops off with some bogus trade that you'd never in a million years do (Wynn and SA for LT and Selvin Young) and talk about how he's doing you a favor by "making your overall team better, so you don't just have to rely on LT." I hit reject and send a reply that there's no way I'm doing the trade and then guy has the balls to say "Ha, your loss buddy. Have fun with your 1-man team. I'll tell you how the playoffs feel."

My team

QB-

Garrard

Bulger

Anderson

RB-

LT

R.Brown

AD

Norwood

Young

WR-

Wayne

Walker

Braylon

Galloway

Marshall

Andre Davis

TE-

Cooley

Scaife

5-1. 5 Straight wins. Yeah, he's REALLY helping me out. Shame I can't be 2-4 like him. Thankfully he's got Brady and nothing else, so I don't have to worry about facing that juggernaut at any point really. :pointstosky:

Just got another one from our guy: he knows I need a D and a WR this week and we are limited to 1 waiver per week, so he offers me Texans for Jacobs. Earlier in the year, he offered me Jerious for Roy W!

I've got a couple of beefs here, first about name value and 2nd about draft picks. In one league I offered Edge and DeAngelo Williams for Larry Johnson. The guy has Foster and is losing Travis Henry, which takes him down to 2 starting RB. Edge is 20+ pts better on the season and DeAngelo is 45 pts on his own, and covers a possible hole in his roster. You'd think I'd insulted his mother.

The other thing is draft picks in a dynasty league, and the lable of "1st round" vs "2nd round". I inherited a bad team and made an offer of a couple of players and swap my early 2nd rounder with his late 1st rounder. We're probably talking about 5 draft spots, and I was actually giving up some talent. And they act almost insulted.