Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Rank Heisman trophy winners by their NFL careers.

Who do you got ?

There is a good 6-8 or so to choose from.

Barry sanders and roger staubach.

no one can beat those two. Marcus Allen, OJ and Earl Campbell come to mind as other good backs but Barry tops them all. I would rate Staubach number 1.

no one can beat those two. Marcus Allen, OJ and Earl Campbell come to mind as other good backs but Barry tops them all. I would rate Staubach number 1.

Yea Barrys playoff succes and SB victories are unmatched. Great career there of running circles around people all year then falling over when it mattered most. Real storybook stuff.

Related side question.

If Cam wins in Sunday he'd have won the Heisman, a National Championship, a Super Bowl and an NFL MVP.

Has anybody else done that?

Related side question.

If Cam wins in Sunday he'd have won the Heisman, a National Championship, a Super Bowl and an NFL MVP.

And a junior college national championship.

And #1 overall pick.

And NFL rookie of the year.

And AP player of the year.

And a junior college national championship.

And #1 overall pick.

And NFL rookie of the year.

And AP player of the year.

Rich Eisen posted a link of all his accomplishments over the past five years in his web site. It's overwhelmingly impressive what he's accomplished so far. Check it out.

Rich Eisen posted a link of all his accomplishments over the past five years in his web site. It's overwhelmingly impressive what he's accomplished so far.

Especially since he's black :shocking:

Related side question.

Markus Allen won Heisman, National Championship, Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP which Cam still has a shot at.

I will put Chuck Woodson on the Sanders and Staubach level. Woodson won the Heisman, NFL Rookie of the Year, NFL Defensive Player of the Year, 8 time All Pro, Won a Super Bowl, etc.

If Cam Newton wins this week, and just plays another 5-8 years, he probably gets into Tier 1.

Tier 1:

• Roger Staubach
  • Barry Sanders
  • Charles Woodson

Tier 2:

• OJ Simpson
  • Tony Dorsett
  • Earl Campbell
  • Marcus Allen
  • Herschell Walker
  • Tim Brown
  • Cam Newton

Tier 3:

• Carson Palmer
  • Reggie Bush
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Eddie George
  • Vinny Testeverde

No he's not. Super Man is white.

I hope the Broncos defense is Kryptonite !!

<p>

I will put Chuck Woodson on the Sanders and Staubach level. Woodson won the Heisman, NFL Rookie of the Year, NFL Defensive Player of the Year, 8 time All Pro, Won a Super Bowl, etc.

If Cam Newton wins this week, and just plays another 5-8 years, he probably gets into Tier 1.

Tier 1:

• Roger Staubach
  • Barry Sanders
  • Charles Woodson

Tier 2:

• OJ Simpson
  • Tony Dorsett
  • Earl Campbell
  • Marcus Allen
  • Herschell Walker
  • Tim Brown
  • Cam Newton

Tier 3:

• Carson Palmer
  • Reggie Bush
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Eddie George
  • Vinny Testeverde

I would swap Sanders and Dorsett's tiers and remove Testicleverde from the list all together.

I would swap Sanders and Dorsett's tiers and remove Testicleverde from the list all together.

Testaverde is a hard guy to judge. He did have a very long career and threw for over 45K yards. He never really wowed me at the NFL level, but to be able to stick around for that long is pretty impressive

Testaverde is a hard guy to judge. He did have a very long career and threw for over 45K yards. He never really wowed me at the NFL level, but to be able to stick around for that long is pretty impressive

He had that one good year with the Jets ('08?). But I can't put him on a list of greats-even at a teir 3

Anyone who doesn't have OJ in the top 3 (number 1 really) is swayed by his post game troubles. He was the greatest RB ever. Like Payton, he played for a horrible team.

He had that one good year with the Jets ('08?). But I can't put him on a list of greats-even at a teir 3

Barry Sanders is debated by many to be the greatest RB in history. I've never heard even one person claim the same of Dorsett.

As for Vinny....9th all time in yards, 12th all time in TDs....But 4th in INTs. I get the argument against I suppose.

Rich Eisen posted a link of all his accomplishments over the past five years in his web site. It's overwhelmingly impressive what he's accomplished so far. Check it out.

Brady and Manning = Bird and Magic

Cam = Jordan

:dunno:

He was the greatest RB ever.

Not even close. Jim Brown is the greatest RB ever.

Barry Sanders is debated by many to be the greatest RB in history. I've never heard even one person claim the same of Dorsett.

As for Vinny....9th all time in yards, 12th all time in TDs....But 4th in INTs. I get the argument against I suppose.

I loved watching Barry Sanders. I only take him off that top teir because he left the game too early and didn't win a Super Bowl.

I could be wrong.

I loved watching Barry Sanders. I only take him off that top teir because he left the game too early and didn't win a Super Bowl.

I could be wrong.

And he got pulled on the goal line because he was more likely to lose yardage than score.

Tier 1:

• Roger Staubach
  • Barry Sanders
  • Charles Woodson

Tier 2:

• OJ Simpson
  • Tony Dorsett
  • Earl Campbell
  • Marcus Allen
  • Herschell Walker
  • Tim Brown
  • Cam Newton

Tier 3:

• Carson Palmer
  • Reggie Bush
  • Jim Plunkett
  • Eddie George
  • Vinny Testeverde

Reggie Bush was an average RB. He was a glorified decoy that couldn't run off tackle. He doesn't belong in tier three.

Reggie Bush was an average RB. He was a glorified decoy that couldn't run off tackle. He doesn't belong in tier three.

If you're gonna' but Reggie Bush on a list, you need Ricky Williams on it too.

Not even close. Jim Brown is the greatest RB ever.

"Not even close"? Ridiculous. Brown would have been good in any era, but he dominated guys who were all smaller and slower. Let's not get carried away.

If you're gonna' but Reggie Bush on a list, you need Ricky Williams on it too.

George Rogers was better than both of them.

Jim Plunkett stayed around for 15 years, won comeback player of the year, a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP

I could be wrong.

The Lions are THE DESTINATION for Heisman winners to go if they wanna waste their talent or have their careers cut short.

Barry Sanders

Billy Sims

Steve Owens

Howard Cassady

Andre Ware

Desmond Howard

Reggie Bush

"Not even close"? Ridiculous. Brown would have been good in any era, but he dominated guys who were all smaller and slower. Let's not get carried away.

OJ had what 2 maybe 3 good seasons. There is a reason why very very few people think he is the greatest RB ever. He just doesn't compare to Brown, Payton, Emmitt or Sanders.

OJ had what 2 maybe 3 good seasons. There is a reason why very very few people think he is the greatest RB ever. He just doesn't compare to Brown, Payton, Emmitt or Sanders.

I don't think he is the greatest, but he did run for 2003 yds. in a 14 game season. The guy was an amazing football talent, but a sad, pathetic waste of a human being.

I remember reading this book in elementary school around the time O.J. was riding high.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/240915582/vintage-hardcover-football-book-star

I don't think he is the greatest, but he did run for 2003 yds. in a 14 game season. The guy was an amazing football talent, but a sad, pathetic waste of a human being.

I remember reading this book in elementary school around the time O.J. was riding high.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/240915582/vintage-hardcover-football-book-star

I completely agree with you. A great talent but not the best ever as Timmy claims.

As a Patriots fan from the early 70's, I watched a lot of OJ games. And from a strict eye test, he was the best running back I ever saw run. He had everything, power, speed and great moves. I think of Adrian Peterson with more elusiveness. Every team went into a game with OJ with the purpose of stopping him. I do think Buffalo had a very good run blocking offensive line and they also had an excellent run blocking full back in Jim Braxton. The numbers tell me Sanders was better. I vividly remember some of OJ's games in the snow. The guy had extraordinary balance even on a slippery field. He is definitely underrated today. When he was playing, he was considered the best ever with Jim Brown. Best combo of power, speed and elusiveness ever by a running back IMO.

• Like 1

I completely agree with you. A great talent but not the best ever as Timmy claims.

My wife and I watched the People vs. OJ last night.

That whole episode, on the heels of the Rodney King incident, was quite a shock to white America.

I remember watching the verdict while we were on a break from Regional Meetings at work. I was in a hotel conference room with my store managers (3 black, 7 white) When the verdict was announced, the 2 black guys and the 1 black chick literally got up, cheered, hugged each other and danced around the room as the rest of us stared at them, dumbfounded.

Regardless of race, I still don't understand how anyone can celebrate the brutal slayings of 2 innocent people at the hands of such a cold blooded killer.

I would take OJ over Emmitt if I had a choice to draft one. Not even close IMO.