Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Ford Cancels Mexico Plant

Wow. MAGA. Trump on a roll, mud in the eye of all the detractors, especially Obama, who said manufacturing jobs couldn't be saved.

• Like 2

I've seen article after article since Trump was elected regarding how positive the business community feels going forward. Let's see if the Libs ever give credit to Trump, not for specific "deals" but for the much more positive outlook the business community is feeling as opposed to under Obummer, which translates in to decisions such as this.

I don't care who you want to give the credit to, this is damn good news. :thumbsup:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/ford-700-jobs-trump/index.html

Who else would you give credit to? :doh:

Ford (F) CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment president-elect Donald Trump is creating. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with Trump.

• Like 1

Wow. MAGA. Trump on a roll, mud in the eye of all the detractors, especially Obama, who said manufacturing jobs couldn't be saved.

This is great news but it's a bandaid. Automation is the real threat.

I never thought I'd see the day when a Republican president used the bully pulpit to shame companies into keeping jobs in the US, but I like it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I never thought I'd see the day when a Republican president used the bully pulpit to shame companies into keeping jobs in the US, but I like it. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Who else would you give credit to? :doh:

Trump's not in office yet... The Righties have been crying like toddlers saying stuff like, "Can we wait until he's at least in office before we criticized him?" So the inverse works as well, I'm cautious to not give him all or too much credit for things that look positive bcoz you know, he's not in office yet....... Surely you can understand... In the end, I really don't give a shiit who gets the credit - but apparently you do, bcoz of instead of praising the news, you went after that.

Trump's not in office yet... The Righties have been crying like toddlers saying stuff like, "Can we wait until he's at least in office before we criticized him?" So the inverse works as well, I'm cautious to not give him all or too much credit for things that look positive bcoz you know, he's not in office yet....... Surely you can understand... In the end, I really don't give a shiit who gets the credit - but apparently you do, bcoz of instead of praising the news, you went after that.

When the business itself credits the man it's ok to, you know, actually give him credit.

I've seen article after article since Trump was elected regarding how positive the business community feels going forward. Let's see if the Libs ever give credit to Trump, not for specific "deals" but for the much more positive outlook the business community is feeling as opposed to under Obummer, which translates in to decisions such as this.

The business community feeling positive is a function of low regulations and taxes. Why would I credit the president just for making them feel good?

I will credit Trump is his policies increase manufacturing jobs and reduce unemployment and the debt. Will you blame him if unemployment and deficits go up on his watch?

When the business itself credits the man it's ok to, you know, actually give him credit.

"We didn't cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business," Fields told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Tuesday. He said Ford did speak with Trump and vice-president elect Mike Pence this morning.

So, where exactly does it say in the article that Ford credits the man?

• Like 1

Yeah, this is good. I have no problem giving Trump credit for this. :thumbsup:

"We didn't cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business," Fields told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Tuesday. He said Ford did speak with Trump and vice-president elect Mike Pence this morning.

So, where exactly does it say in the article that Ford credits the man?

Ford (F) CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment president-elect Donald Trump is creating.

:doh:

The business community feeling positive is a function of low regulations and taxes. Why would I credit the president just for making them feel good?

I will credit Trump is his policies increase manufacturing jobs and reduce unemployment and the debt. Will you blame him if unemployment and deficits go up on his watch?

Yeah, I knew none of you libs would give him credit.

:lol:

:doh:

Ha, fair enough. I was directing my words at the direct intervention of Trump and Pence - at their meeting. Bullying or whatever you want to call it.

Yeah, I knew none of you libs would give him credit.

:lol:

Okay Strike Nuff.

I will credit Trump is his policies increase manufacturing jobs and reduce unemployment and the debt.

Seems to have worked and good for Trump for this.

I'd like to see how pro business moreover how pro jobs his policies are vs the same greasing the top dogs.

But definitely kudos for this one.

Exactly...it's a good step but it's not even close to over if it doesn't benefit the actual working man

holy hell and just like that Shotard colors me shocked, giving credit where credit is due

When you go full RP with the little nicknames you only prove me right what a focking jackass you are

Exactly...it's a good step but it's not even close to over if it doesn't benefit the actual working man

How is it not going to benefit the working man? Even the UAW is applauding this. Apparently it's going to add a bunch of union jobs. I'd think you libs would be ecstatic about that.

How is it not going to benefit the working man? Even the UAW is applauding this. Apparently it's going to add a bunch of union jobs. I'd think you libs would be ecstatic about that.

Talking more about his overall policies than this deal. They cited (in a partial quote) his to business environment. My concern is if pro business means pro CEO or pro worker.

This is a good step...let's see where his policies go.

$700 million for 700 jobs?

Thoughts?

where do I apply?

Thoughts?

AUTOmation. People don't build cars anymore, robots do. The people fix the robots.

MDC, coming around, there will never be hope to Shotard or Worms

at least MDC can admit the positives. Shotard would say that Obama put this in place

I want Trump to be great. I'm very skeptical of essentially bribing companies with tax cuts / deregulation to stay in country but there is no downside to the president using the bully pulpit to push companies to keep jobs in the United States. I credit Trump with at least putting the spotlight on these firms. Nobody wants to be called out by the president for moving jobs overseas.

I draw the line at crediting the president-elect with making businesses feel good. All that means is tax cuts, whoop-dee-f'ing doo.

• Like 2

I want Trump to be great. I'm very skeptical of essentially bribing companies with tax cuts / deregulation to stay in country but there is no downside to the president using the bully pulpit to push companies to keep jobs in the United States. I credit Trump with at least putting the spotlight on these firms. Nobody wants to be called out by the president for moving jobs overseas.

I draw the line at crediting the president-elect with making businesses feel good. All that means is tax cuts, whoop-dee-f'ing doo.

this is not true. Obummer has added so much regulation that the federal register is larger than it has EVER been:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/waynecrews/2016/12/30/obamas-legacy-2016-ends-with-a-record-shattering-regulatory-rulebook/#32d01ecd364d

Trump and the GOP have said they are going to remove some of these onerous regulations that are stifling business. Not tax breaks. Regulations. And Obummer has been piling it on since Trump was elected. He added like 10,000 pages just in the last month! He's truly acting like a petulant child, trying to hamstring Trump any way he can.

Thoughts?

It is not even 700 new jobs, it is just 700 temp positions that are being converted to full time.

Ford's expansion will convert 700 temporary jobs at the Michigan plant into permanent positions, adding to an existing hourly staff of about 3,600.
  • Like 1

How stupid does Obama feel right now? Remember him preaching down to the little people that there wasn't a magic wand that would bring jobs back or stop them from leaving? Harvard sucks.

Also, the ford focus is still being moved to a plant in Mexico. But instead of it being moved to a new plant it is being moved to an existing plant.

this is not true. Obummer has added so much regulation that the federal register is larger than it has EVER been:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/waynecrews/2016/12/30/obamas-legacy-2016-ends-with-a-record-shattering-regulatory-rulebook/#32d01ecd364d

Trump and the GOP have said they are going to remove some of these onerous regulations that are stifling business. Not tax breaks. Regulations. And Obummer has been piling it on since Trump was elected. He added like 10,000 pages just in the last month! He's truly acting like a petulant child, trying to hamstring Trump any way he can.

Businesses like tax cuts and deregulation - GTFO of here. :shocking: That's why you shouldn't credit the president elect with just making businesses happy.

When Trump creates manufacturing jobs I will congratulate him.