Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Tony Romo

I say 3rd, discuss.

Mcnabb>>Eli>>H0mo>>the other guy

I say 3rd, discuss.

How many times has McNabb choked in the NFC title game and the Superbowl? :headbanger:

How many times has McNabb choked in the NFC title game and the Superbowl? :headbanger:

More times than Romo? :cry:

I really don't remember Mcnabb choking. The team lost, yeah. But choking would be things like bobbled holds on FGs.

Plus, It's hard to choke in Championship games when you can't get there.

Is there a bigger choker in the NFL right now?

Where's Tony vacationing?

More times than Romo? :headbanger:

I really don't remember Mcnabb choking. The team lost, yeah. But choking would be things like bobbled holds on FGs.

Plus, It's hard to choke in Championship games when you can't get there.

Is there a bigger choker in the NFL right now?

Where's Tony vacationing?

McNabb sux..he's last

McNabb sux..he's last

Rookies. :thumbsdown:

More times than Romo? :overhead:

But choking would be things like bobbled holds on FGs.

That would be choking as a holder not a QB. :bandana:

I will concede that Romo is the 4th best placekicker holder in the NFC East. :thumbsdown:

As far as QB's go I would rank as follows:

1. AJ Feely

2. Eli Manning

3. Tony Romo

4. McNabb

5. Todd Collins

at this current moment, i'll take my chances with romo over the rest - thanks.

Romo is the best FF QB in that division...McNabb 2nd, Eli is 3rd, nobody else matters...I'll gladly take Romo as the QB on my FF team...

With that said, I just don't want him starting for my real NFL team when the pressure is on...but I'm plenty happy with the thought of him F'ing up the Cowboys playoffs for many years to come. :pointstosky:

Romo is the best FF QB in that division...McNabb 2nd, Eli is 3rd, nobody else matters...I'll gladly take Romo as the QB on my FF team...

With that said, I just don't want him starting for my real NFL team when the pressure is on...but I'm plenty happy with the thought of him F'ing up the Cowboys playoffs for many years to come. :blink:

Well said. :pointstosky:

I say 3rd, discuss.

And what if McNabb is not on your team next year????

plus, it's still pretty early in his career. favre started what, 5 full seasons before he made it to a SB? elway something like 4? and mcnabb was up there too. no need to panic - he's still learning and the future is still rather bright.

September/October

1. Romo

2. E.Manning

3. McNabb

4. Collins/the black guy

Nov./Dec./Jan.

1. E. Manning

2. McNabb

3. Collins/the colored guy

4. Feeley

5. Lorenzen

6. Romo

September/October

1. Romo

2. E.Manning

3. McNabb

4. Collins/the black guy

Nov./Dec./Jan.

1. E. Manning

2. McNabb

4. Feeley

5. Lorenzen

6. Romo

ROFL. You couldn't have thrown in some of the old Dallas QB's just for good measure?

Nov./Dec./Jan.

1. E. Manning

2. McNabb

4. Feeley

5. Lorenzen

6. Quincy Carter

7. Drew Henson

8. Ryan Leaf

9. DNP - Coaches Decision

10. Romo

:bandana:

so in the past 3 years the best QB in the division has finished in last place twice? i guess, he did have a great season last year. wait...that's right the team won five straight and made the playoffs after they placed him on IR.

plus, it's still pretty early in his career. favre started what, 5 full seasons before he made it to a SB? elway something like 4? and mcnabb was up there too. no need to panic - he's still learning and the future is still rather bright.

the future IS bright..coming at him and romo is looking at it with a deer in the headlights look....

i would take brad johnson over romo right now...

If you are talking about Romo he just finished his 5th season and has not won a play-off game. Think he will have it figure out by year 8? 9? Eli is a year younger and is in the SB.

I say 3rd, discuss.

I was willing to listen rationally to your argument until you put McNabb at the top of the list. Sorry dude, but I'd take Eli over McNabb all day every day and twice on Sundays.

I was willing to listen rationally to your argument until you put McNabb at the top of the list. Sorry dude, but I'd take Eli in the butt all day every day and twice on Sundays. :banana:

wow...giants fever is an an all time high! :pointstosky:

forget the division..ill still take brad johnson over romo....

the future IS bright..coming at him and romo is looking at it with a deer in the headlights look....

i would take brad johnson over romo right now...

32 gm's and hc's would take romo over johnson but YOU would take brad - pure genius.

a johnson led cowboys team wins 7 games tops, is sitting at home during the playoffs and moves up in the draft - end of story. i guess we might as well take johnson over favre and p.manning (right now) too, cuz both of them failed to advance. hell, it was favre's fault they lost. you're past the point of silliness now, you've turned into a shock-jock.

If you are talking about Romo he just finished his 5th season and has not won a play-off game. Think he will have it figure out by year 8? 9? Eli is a year younger and is in the SB.

i really can't make it any more clear for you: 5th full season means jack shiat, it's the seasons played that matters. romo hasn't even 2 full seasons under his belt as a STARTER. eli has almost 2 full seasons more starter playing time that he. he may or may not get there, but he has at least a few more years AS A STARTER before i'd consider him a bust. right now there are a crap load of teams who would love to have him and take their chances.

Really surprised Garcia's not getting the love. I'd take him over most NFC QB's right now. Damn sure over McNabb - The facts don't lie. McNegro led his team to a stellar .500 record last year before he got (inevitably) hurt. Garcia took that same team and went on a 6 game win streak (beating some of the same teams McNabb lost to that year) into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This year, he took a 4-12 team from 2006 and got them into the friggin playoffs. McNabb sure as hell didn't. Garcia took a 4-12 team from the year before and went to the top of their division. McOverrated? Took a playoff team from last year and drove it to the bottom of the divison.

Garcia's got the 7th best QB rating in the league and is second only to Gerrard in fewest interceptions.

Oh and uh, BTW? Which 49er QB has the most passing yards? Hint: It ain't Montana or Young :banana:

Might want to find some room for him in your NFC listings. :pointstosky:

Really surprised Garcia's not getting the love. I'd take him over most NFC QB's right now. Damn sure over McNabb - that's just easy. McNegro led his team to a stellar .500 record last year before he got (inevitably) hurt. Garcia took that same team and went on a 6 game win streak (beating some of the same teams McNabb lost to that year) into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This year, he took a 4-12 team from 2006 and got them into the friggin playoffs. McNabb sure as hell didn't.

Garcia's got the 7th best QB rating in the league and is second only to Gerrard in fewest interceptions.

Might want to find some room for him in your NFC listings. :pointstosky:

I'm pretty sure he was talking NFC East. :banana:

I'm pretty sure he was talking NFC East. :thumbsdown:

You're right, but I can't help but point out what a horribly overrated QB McNegro is. :dunno:

Besides, Garcia SHOULD have been in the NFC East this year if Andy Reid didn't share the butt-love with McWorthless.

You're right, but I can't help but point out what a horribly overrated QB McNegro is. :thumbsdown:

Besides, Garcia SHOULD have been in the NFC East this year if Andy Reid didn't share the butt-love with McWorthless.

In case you didn't notice, McNabb played some great football towards the end of the year, once his knee started feeling better.

In case you didn't notice, McNabb played some great football towards the end of the year, once his knee started feeling better.

Yes, he certainly looked good against the hapless Saints and a Buffalo team that had already been ruled out of the playoffs. :doublethumbsup:

i really can't make it any more clear for you: 5th full season means jack shiat, it's the seasons played that matters. romo hasn't even 2 full seasons under his belt as a STARTER. eli has almost 2 full seasons more starter playing time that he. he may or may not get there, but he has at least a few more years AS A STARTER before i'd consider him a bust. right now there are a crap load of teams who would love to have him and take their chances.

You know you are full of it, seasons in the league are what matters. What did Romo do his first 3 1/2 years, nothing, no he was gaining experience. Dallas was looking for a QB and he couldn't cut it. It is not like he was playing behind John Elway. Rookie QBs that play right away get some slack to gain experience, if you get that experience on the bench for 3 1/2 years you should be ready. What Dallas has is another Danny White, only Romo can't punt.

Yes, he certainly looked good against the hapless Saints and a Buffalo team that had already been ruled out of the playoffs. :shocking:

What about when they b!tch-slapped Dallas and he had a 40+ yard scramble/run? Doesn't that count?

What about when they b!tch-slapped Dallas and he had a 40+ yard scramble/run? Doesn't that count?

10-6 ain't a b1tch-slap, more like a cripple fight against a team that knew before kickoff they'd secured a first-round bye -- and that they couldn't lock up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. So the stakes were pretty low. And they played like it.

...and it was only 28 yards. Along with 4 sacks, 1 fumble lost. I mean, when the OTHER guys turn the ball over five times, fail to score a TD, and the best you can do is 200 yards passing and 1 TD? Damn. - I guess grasp for whatever hope you can find, but them's David Carr kind of numbers.

OK he is better than Mike Vick.

10-6 ain't a b1tch-slap, more like a cripple fight against a team that knew before kickoff they'd secured a first-round bye -- and that they couldn't lock up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. So the stakes were pretty low. And they played like it.

...and it was only 28 yards.

yeah, that's why Dallas lost... <_<

and the 40 yarder was against the Saints.

so in the past 3 years the best QB in the division has finished in last place twice? i guess, he did have a great season last year. wait...that's right the team won five straight and made the playoffs after they placed him on IR.

again, last place in 2 of 3 years for the best QB in the NFC East? <_<

Romo is 27 years old. Eli Manning is 26. Jason Campbell is 26.

Romo has one less year of shelf life than the other two (if they all play to the same age), so the amount of seasons each one has played is irrelevant when you're trying to predict who will be better in the long run.

In fact, since Romo is older than the other two, he should already have the experience based on age. With that said, the upside would firmly be in the hands of Manning, since he has more seasons as a starter, more playoff experience, and a SB appearance to put under his belt.

again, last place in 2 of 3 years for the best QB in the NFC East? <_<

Or how about an NFC Championship and SB appearance in one of the past 4 years.

Besides Eli, can anyone else in the division say that?

See, anyone can play with sample size.