Sign in to follow this  
Strike

NBA Playoffs thread

NBA playoffs just became even more rat's ass than before: Stephen Curry, out minimum 2 weeks with MCL sprain.

The team doesn't need him. They'll win the next game too making it 4-1 and they'll be fine as well starting off the next round. People around here acted like someone died when he went out. Crazy!

I'm sorry y'alls team missed the playoffs and therefore trash the game. It's really fun.

Great game Hornets!

I'm sad for Dirk. Another fav player of mine. Seems tonight is the end for him. :(

I'm sorry y'alls team missed the playoffs and therefore trash the game. It's really fun.

Great game Hornets!

There is a game seven in the NHL playoffs tonight

Great game Hornets!

:cheers:

Spurs/Thunder up next! Counting it down to the Spurs/Warriors games! :overhead:

So Curry out for two weeks, then Paul injures his hand. LOL. Warriors should be able to beat Portland or the Clips without Curry so he'll be fresh against the Spurs. Barkley picked the Thunder in that series btw. Interesting pick but I think he's wrong.

I hope the Spurs biatch slap the Thunder into a coma.

A coma would be if the Thunder can not lose by 10 in any game. They're going to be Terry Schiavo

wow not only Paul, but also Griffin done for the year

Might as well just say Clips done for the year. The curse continues!!!!!!

:lol:

Second year in a row these playoffs are going tainted due to injuries to top stars. I was really looking forward to a healthy Warriors vs healthy Clippers matchup in the West Semis but Curry, Paul, and Blake all out that is now out the window. The Warriors would've still won the series in six games but at least against the Clippers it would be exciting competitive basketball. I think that the Warriors will run through the Clippers even with them missing Curry and them missing Paul/Blake and the same goes for a Warriors vs Blazers matchup. I am hoping nothing happens injury wise to anyone in the Spurs vs Thunder series cause that has all the makings of a seven game classic. The Cavs also will hopefully remain healthy and will have both Irving/Love in the lineup for duration of the Finals which they didn't have last year.

It's hysterical that the Clippers had their window to a title open for right around 24 hours.

Blake is still rusty but getting there, CP is playing out of his mind, all the role players are, for the most part, playing well. Portland just played out of their minds to take what would have probably been their lone win in the series, but were clearly still over-matched as the Clippers have been playing the best basketball maybe we've ever seen them play. All that being said, they still had the Warriors coming up and now with Curry seemingly healthy, they might be competitive, but they really don't have a chance. Then BOOM. Curry goes down for at least the start of the Clippers-Warriors series. That changes everything. Suddenly the Clippers look to be the favorites to face whoever comes bloodied and beaten out of the Spurs-Thunders. Even though the Clippers would have been the underdogs either way, it would have been pretty close to call, and they match up VERY well to the Cavs in the finals. It was all right there.

Then CHRIS AND BLAKE BOTH GO DOWN!!! WOOOOWWWW. The curse is never going to be broken. That is just bananas.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks for the Warriors and the NBA, and sports in general, that Curry is not playing right now. However, how lucky are the Warriors?! I think every championship team to ever win had a lot of luck along the way to attain said chip. Right when it looks like their season is done....BAM. I really don't think they get past the Clippers if Curry sits the first 3 or so games, and comes back not 100%. Chris Paul, maybe the most underrated NBA player of all time, was playing absolutely amazing basketball. He was willing that team to go as far as they can. I think they beat the Warriors in 6 games with a healthy Paul and healthy Blake and unhealthy Curry.

Now the Warriors are getting either an absolutely decimated Clippers team, or a team that was absolutely carried by two incredible guards that are both running out of gas that will have to face maybe the best perimeter defense in the league(maybe all-time sans Jordan/Pippen).

I have been pulling for the Blazers since about mid-season. Dame and CJ have been beyond impressive, I don't think I've seen 2 guards carry their team as much as they have(sans AI's 76ers). They should have been at the very bottom of the West, instead they ended up being a focking 5 seed in an incredibly tough conference(albeit top heavy). However, Dame really started to slow down the last month or so of the season. CJ continued his excellence, but I think even he is starting to wear down. I love what they did this season and they should get past the Clippers now...

I think they MIGHT take a game from the Curry-less Warriors IF Dame and CJ go off ala game 3; but, I think the Warriors are ultimately going to sweep them in the next round, with or without Steph. I think other than the 73 wins, what CJ and Dame did was the most impressive feat in the NBA this season.

Clippers would not likely have been the favorites even against a curry less warriors, imo

Bet Houston wishes it was the end of the game instead of at the half. :o

Clippers would not likely have been the favorites even against a curry less warriors, imo

With the way CP was playing, I think it would of been, at the very least, a coin flip.

Then again the Warriors are pretty good...

So Barkely has OKC in this series. :lol: GooooO Spurs! Kicking some mean azz here! :overhead:

Why do the second round games start before all the first round games are finished? Would it be too long a break for some teams?

Portland's best chance to win a game in this series and they choked in the 2nd half. Unbelievable how flexible the Warriors are in their lineups and adaptability to each game. Gonna be a great finals this year with Love and Irving healthy.

Portland's best chance to win a game in this series and they choked in the 2nd half. Unbelievable how flexible the Warriors are in their lineups and adaptability to each game. Gonna be a great finals this year with Love and Irving healthy.

2nd half? How about the 4th qtr. With Curry back on Sat they are well on their way for a sweep. Was so hoping Portland would be able to pull it off but Warriors will always pull ahead and then some in the 4th.

2nd half? How about the 4th qtr. With Curry back on Sat they are well on their way for a sweep. Was so hoping Portland would be able to pull it off but Warriors will always pull ahead and then some in the 4th.

Got Warriors +10. They won by 11. Steph comes back Saturday. Bye Portland. Nice for a rebuilding year though. Who can beat team Steph though?

Got Warriors +10. They won by 11. Steph comes back Saturday. Bye Portland. Nice for a rebuilding year though. Who can beat team Steph though?

Spurs!! :overhead: :ihope:

i don't think they play him on sat. up 2-0, i believe that they will attempt to play him in their "final game" of the series. if portland wins last night that changes. they are now able to rest him a little longer and try to give him 1 game prior to the next series. even if portland wins the next one, GS is still not forced to start him "too early."

Artista,

Your boy Duncan ain't looking so good lately. I fear this is his last rodeo.

Go Heat and Warriors!!!!

I live in NY. What is this so called "NBA Playoffs" you speak of?

Cavs are playing lights out right now with the Big Three are playing as envisioned when they were all brought together.

This thing may not be a foregone conclusion like everybody thinks.

Just sayin'.

Cavs are playing lights out right now with the Big Three are playing as envisioned when they were all brought together.

Just sayin'.

While I do think they'll be in the Finals with no problem, I still can't see them hanging with GSW. They're just too deep. It's gonna be hard for the Cavs to sustain how they've been shooting from long range as well. Still, they should make it a series. I'd pick GSW in 6 if that's what the matchup ends up being.

While I do think they'll be in the Finals with no problem, I still can't see them hanging with GSW. They're just too deep. It's gonna be hard for the Cavs to sustain how they've been shooting from long range as well. Still, they should make it a series. I'd pick GSW in 6 if that's what the matchup ends up being.

Is Golden State head and shoulders above where they were last year? Because this Cavs team with only Lebron took them to six games last year.

I like their chances this year much more than last year.

GS with Curry at full strength is gonna be hard to beat, but the Cavs do look pretty damned good right now.

GS with Curry at full strength is gonna be hard to beat, but the Cavs do look pretty damned good right now.

My wife knows absolutely nothing about basketball, and even she said "Look how Kevin Love is always standing all alone in the corner when Lebron goes towards the basket!"

And that was against the top defensive team in the East over the last half of the regular season. I'm not sure that Golden State has the answer to that. It does depend on the Cavs continuing to shoot the three like they've been doing.

It does depend on the Cavs continuing to shoot the three like they've been doing.

That's a tall order for any team, but doable. I really want to see GS vs Cleveland. I haven't followed the NBA in years but this year's playoffs are interesting. I just wish the west coast games weren't so late for me. I was asleep by the 2nd half last night and missed Curry's OT performance.

That's a tall order for any team, but doable. I really want to see GS vs Cleveland. I haven't followed the NBA in years but this year's playoffs are interesting. I just wish the west coast games weren't so late for me. I was asleep by the 2nd half last night and missed Curry's OT performance.

Yeah, I can't stay up that late, either.

Last year in the Finals, Cleveland had three long range shooters at best: Lebron, JR Smith, and Dellavedova. Now they have Kyrie, Love, JR, Channing Frye, Lebron, and Dellavedova. And they're all getting consistent open looks in the playoffs so far.

Paging Artista

Nervous at 2-2?

Just sayin'.

In sports, the Law of Averages is the one thing that no team can defeat. They are hitting 17 3-pointers a game @ 46%. That is not sustainable. I hate Cleveland, but if I were a fan, I would be concerned about them falling in love with the 3 too much. They are a good 3-point shooting team, averaging about 10 made and shooting 36% in the regular season. They have been just raining threes down and they have been going in at an absurd clip in the playoffs.

I think their downfall will be soon those 3s will stop going in and they will be scrambling for answers. They can beat Tor/Miami regardless, but they would need to keep hitting those 3s at the rate they're hitting them to beat GS or SA, and I really don't see that happening.

As of 11pm yesterday, before the Curry onslaught, Cleveland were the favorites because the easy road to the finals and the fact that we didn't know how Curry would bounce back. Now GS are the prohibited favorites again.

In sports, the Law of Averages is the one thing that no team can defeat. They are hitting 17 3-pointers a game @ 46%. That is not sustainable. I hate Cleveland, but if I were a fan, I would be concerned about them falling in love with the 3 too much. They are a good 3-point shooting team, averaging about 10 made and shooting 36% in the regular season. They have been just raining threes down and they have been going in at an absurd clip in the playoffs.

I think their downfall will be soon those 3s will stop going in and they will be scrambling for answers. They can beat Tor/Miami regardless, but they would need to keep hitting those 3s at the rate they're hitting them to beat GS or SA, and I really don't see that happening.

As of 11pm yesterday, before the Curry onslaught, Cleveland were the favorites because the easy road to the finals and the fact that we didn't know how Curry would bounce back. Now GS are the prohibited favorites again.

Any team would have to come close to matching what GS is doing now to beat them. At least the Cavs are doing that so far.

You also have to account for James driving the lane. Not sure what Golden State has to counter that. I mean, that's all the Cavs had last year and the series went six games.