Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Barkley vs Kamara in a 1 pt ppr

I pick 6th and if all plays out with the top 4 rbs going then AB Im staring at Kamara vs Barkley. I love Kamara receiving especially in a 1 pt ppr but the regression is gonna happen so then theres the rookie who prospectively has 3 down back potential so he has the volume that Kamara prob wont. Thoughts? I started planning on going Kamara but the more Ive read from respected ff guys ie roto, Doug Orth, etc Im now more leaning going with the volume guy ie barkley over Kamara. Thoughts please. Then I plan on going wr/wr in rd 2 and 3 as its an 8 man league Ill have prob Julio or even obj in the 2nd and poss am green or Evans in the 3rd.

Edit: drafted last night and took Kamara. Then got Julio and diggs in rd 2 and 3 and people went wr crazy so I got Howard in the 4th.

Hunt

I would take Kamara. Better OL and he has proven it already. I am a little skeptical of Barkley. I think he will be good but the hype has gone overboard.

Really. You’d take Hunt at 6th overall in a 1pt ppr? Why?

I think he will out score both of the other players you’ve listed.

The David Johnson owner told me that he almost took Barkley. I really want djohns but ended up with Barkley so I tried to make a trade. Yeah he wanted my Wr1 also. Not gonna happen. I am really hoping that hammy strain is just a small thing

The David Johnson owner told me that he almost took Barkley. I really want djohns but ended up with Barkley so I tried to make a trade. Yeah he wanted my Wr1 also. Not gonna happen. I am really hoping that hammy strain is just a small thing

99% of people are utterly clueless on how to trade in FF. It’s really frustrating.

There isn't any indication as of yet that saquon will not be ready for week 1. He is back at practice. He is unlikely to play again in the preseason so will have almost a month of rest. That being said hammy's are reoccurring injuries, so some risk attached

I pick 6th and if all plays out with the top 4 rbs going then AB Im staring at Kamara vs Barkley. I love Kamara receiving especially in a 1 pt ppr but the regression is gonna happen so then theres the rookie who prospectively has 3 down back potential so he has the volume that Kamara prob wont. Thoughts? I started planning on going Kamara but the more Ive read from respected ff guys ie roto, Doug Orth, etc Im now more leaning going with the volume guy ie barkley over Kamara. Thoughts please. Then I plan on going wr/wr in rd 2 and 3 as its an 8 man league Ill have prob Julio or even obj in the 2nd and poss am green or Evans in the 3rd.

My top 3...

1. Elliott
  2. Johnson
  3. Barkley

If you have a decision to make any at point in the first round and Barkley is available, he's the pick... unless Elliott or Johnson is available.

My top 3...

• Elliott
  • Johnson
  • Barkley
If you have a decision to make any at point in the first round and Barkley is available, he's the pick... unless Elliott or Johnson is available.

Problem is, Barkley has one of the worst olines in the league, and Elliott is running behind a crippled oline going into the season. Give me Bell, Hunt, or Johnson all day long.

Problem is, Barkley has one of the worst olines in the league, and Elliott is running behind a crippled oline going into the season. Give me Bell, Hunt, or Johnson all day long.

I can certainly see your reasoning, but I don't think that issue is as bad as you think it is.

Barkleys an amazing receiver and will probably be second in targets behind ODB. Im a saints fan and I would still take Barkley

Bumped to top as my draft is coming up today for any final thoughts.

So far in replys its. 2 for Kamara, 3 for Barkley and 1 for Hunt.

I'm in the same spot and even though I'm a KC fan, I'm probably going Barkley...I'm really hoping one of the big four or AB fall...problem I'm having is it's a 14 team league, so I still don't want to go WR

While I have doubts about Kamara I would still go him over Barkley. Kamara is somewhat proven. You may not get last years production but it should be in that area. We have no idea what Barkley will do and yes the Giants oline is bad.

The Zeke is falling to number six, let me in that league.

The problem I am seeing is Elliot now falling to 6 :shocking:

That should show you how important a RBs Line is. The Dallas oline is in shambles and Zeke perceived value goes down. But that same concern should go for Barkley. The only difference is the giants Line has always been bad.

Shambles is a little strong, They may only be missing one guy come week 1. If zeke drops to me at the 5 pick I will be stoked, but I am not counting on it. Giants Oline is significantly improved especially in run blocking but not anything special.

I understand the concern about the volume with Kamara. And the td per play regression. But he is a good football player. Ingram is out for a month and not above getting hurt even when he is back. It sucks that Kamara is not a 2nd round guy like cmac was, but hey. Full Ppr gives you even more insurance against a td dropoff.

Eli being at least moderately terrible with a shaky offensive line should be a scary thing for Barkley truthers to reconcile. That and the kid already having a hammy/leg thing. I buy that he is crazily talented but the situation is notable until we get proof that the situation has improved.

Id rather have the rb. Gordon or Fournette. And if Watson plays the year, I think Hopkins outscores Brown.

I was all set on Kamara in my PPR but he went 5th. I took Brown 6th over Barkley

Hopefully you didn’t pass up Hunt or Gordon for Brown.

Id rather have the rb. Gordon or Fournette. And if Watson plays the year, I think Hopkins outscores Brown.

Agree, I have Hopkins at number one.

Screw Hunt, but Gordon is worth a look there.

And I drafted Kelce and Brady so my RBs are very weak overall.

Screw Gordon, but Hunt is worth a look there.

And I drafted Burton and Garoppolo so my RBs are very strong overall.

Drafted Garoppolo? I hope its not 6pt passing TD or your season is screwed.

I got Wentz as well. Got them both cheap and I like their outlook.

Jimmy G will be alright, not sure about lighting it up though.

I certainly hope so, I have shares of Garcon. Would love Goodwin but he's going in the 5th now and I tend to spam RBs at that range.