Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Adidas Removes Black History Month Shoe Following Backlash

https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2019/02/adidas-removes-black-history-month-shoe-following-backlash

The design in question was dubbed the "Celebrating Black Culture" Ultra Boost Uncaged. It featured a cream white upper devoid of any of the usual colors and patterns usually seen on many "BHM" releases. Its only visible details were red, black, and purple eyelets. The main feature to differentiate the pair was a "CBC" insole graphic that featured an old school basketball and read "Celebrating Black Culture." When images of the pair first surfaced last month, social media users expressed confusion over how the shoes design represented its supposed theme."

Looks like Cameron needs answers:

Cameron Biggs

@CMRNBGGS

Replying to @JustFreshKicks

Sooooo.... Black Culture huh? Explain where the culture of black/African is represented here by an all white shoe? I need answers.

I guess black people don't want to see white anything anymore. I'm happy this guy's owner is allowing him to express his opinions on twitter between work shifts and beatings.

You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that this was a dumb idea. Anything dealing with all white like that is seen as racist

You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that this was a dumb idea. Anything dealing with all white like that is seen as racist

So the color of a shoe now has racial overtones? If they made it black the left would call that stereotypical and racist. Not all inclusive.

Let's get past the color, and see the intent. Everyone is so sensitve anymore in this country. At least the left is.

Too bad. Would have been interesting to see how long it took for someone to be shot and killed for their BHM Adidas.

Dumb idea no matter the color. They would cry racism if it was black, yellow, mix, red, blue etc. oh so a black mans show has to be black? Oh so has to be yellow like the sun cuz we out here like slaves all day? You make it black and white like we have to be servants to the white man? A black mans show has to be blue, like we so black we purple? Yes massa!

No good deed goes unpunished. That's what you get for trying to make a statement with a focking shoe.

So the color of a shoe now has racial overtones? If they made it black the left would call that stereotypical and racist. Not all inclusive.

Let's get past the color, and see the intent. Everyone is so sensitve anymore in this country. At least the left is.

Oh i know. Im just saying they should have known people would be offended over it

Oh i know. Im just saying they should have known people would be offended over it

You made a fair point but people and businesses have to fly into the face of that garbage and just not give in to that way of thinking.

Why would this be a good idea? They could have released this show to celebrate any culture and it would be equally as ineffective

Dumb idea no matter the color. They would cry racism if it was black, yellow, mix, red, blue etc. oh so a black mans show has to be black? Oh so has to be yellow like the sun cuz we out here like slaves all day? You make it black and white like we have to be servants to the white man? A black mans show has to be blue, like we so black we purple? Yes massa!

Except they've had these collections for several years, as have other companies, and this is probably about the first thing most of us have heard about it. And Adidas still has other Black History shoe models they are selling this year. Maybe they just realized that the target market wasn't impressed so it made sense to pull it. :dunno:

I wonder what the White History Month sneakers will look like?

It would just be an empty shoe box labeled 'Racist'.

I'd counter with this question: "If an all white sneaker is a poor representation of black culture, is it cultural appropriation for a black to wear an all white sneaker?"

I'd counter with this question: "If an all white sneaker is a poor representation of black culture, is it cultural appropriation for a black to wear an all white sneaker?"

As a white person, I for one feel offended if a black person dare's to wear any stitch of white clothing. And it really pisses me off if they eat mashed potatoes with butter, drink milk, or use a lead pencil, or ink pen to print words on pieces of white paper.

As a white man, I'm offended at Adidas for culturally misappropriating my color.

Seriously. And if I only had a twitter account I could be used or abused by the leftist agenda in this country.

You can bet your ass they'd be at least 10% slower.

...but paid for.

Work boots.

Work boots.

Can't be. The left would cry white entitlement for white people wanting to work and going out and getting jobs. Plus that would be moving to fast and leaving others that don't want to work behind in society. No people left behind.