Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Green Bay Coach and GM

The answer is that there is nobody close to Rodgers 25 and under....

Overall, you can argue that there are 3 or 4 old guys who are better in the entire league, but I don't now if those fellas are enough to start a 16-page thread on Dumb and Dumber..... especially because those guys won't be around for any where as near as long as Rodgers

Overall this thread is a FAIL

Started by a Bears fan commenting on the Packer QB situation when the Bears have has 37 crappy quarterbacks over the last 20 years and their best quarterback in 50 years (Shane Cutler) turns out to be sucky, too...... I would say this thread is an EPIC FAIL

I think a Nell Carter thread titled FAT AND FATTER about Kate moss would actually make more sense :thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

Matt Ryan 24 years old.

you know what is so funny here..........These packer fans trashed guys like romo for not winning a playoff game and piling up regular season stats....now they are in the same boat as dallas fans........

We never trashed Romo... He's a Wisconsin boy, Belic....err Pimp.... I think most Wisco people like him or are at least indifferent...

That was Eagles fans doing all that trashing

Why do you care so much about the Cowboys, anyways, Pimp....err... Belichek fan :thumbsdown:

you know what is so funny here..........These packer fans trashed guys like romo for not winning a playoff game and piling up regular season stats....now they are in the same boat as dallas fans........they have a guy who is a top 10 nfl qb who piles up stats and never wins playoff games. They are even using the same excuses that romo people used. Claiming rodgers is the next best thing and better than sliced bread. saying their time will come and they have the qb of the future. Bottom line: Rodgers has never won a playoff game; he has never had a winning season on his own; he gets sacked more than a bag of groceries and he is to blame since he holds onto the ball too long. Funny how fans can trash guys like romo and other stud qbs who have yet to find post season success and defend their own qb when he is just like the other guys.

Favre is in the MVP hunt and should win it. Favre has the vikes ready for a title run and maybe another title run next year. Favre is poised to go out on top like elway. Favre has leadership qualities rodgers does not have.........I just think the packers should have let favre stay and retire with dignity.

wow. just plain idiotic.

how many seasons has Rodgers been the starter in GB?

how many seasons has Romo been the starter in Dallas?

im not a GB or Dallas homer but its pretty clear to see that Rodgers doesn't even have a big enough sample size to compare to Romo.

you are dumber than a door knob. hth

wow. just plain idiotic.

how many seasons has Rodgers been the starter in GB?

how many seasons has Romo been the starter in Dallas?

im not a GB or Dallas homer but its pretty clear to see that Rodgers doesn't even have a big enough sample size to compare to Romo.

you are dumber than a door knob. hth

rodgers 1.5 years

romo 3 years

rodgers 1.5 years

romo 3 years

3 years? I guess you are being lenient for Tony because he missed 3 games last year and only started 10 of 16 in 2006?

sounds pretty typical :headbanger:

id simply say Romo is in his 4th year as starter while Rodgers is in his 2nd.

2 more years starting experience, twice as long, 8 more december games

plus I believe Romo is 0-3 in the playoffs while Rodgers is 0-0

so lets give Rodgers a chance to lose some playoff games before we compare him to Romo.

plus I believe Romo is 0-3 in the playoffs while Rodgers is 0-0

so lets give Rodgers a chance to lose some playoff games before we compare him to Romo.

romo is 0-2 and rodgers being 0-0 speaks volumes.

some of these posts are hilarious.

Anyone saying they would rather have Flacco, Ryan or Stafford leading their teams into the future then Rodgers is drinking alot of hatorade.

Rodgers looks like the best QB in the league right now. Even if we chalk up some friendly opponents, Id still place him 4th behind Manning, Brees and Brady.

Ryan and Flacco had nice rookie years playing for solid teams. How are they doing this year? The standings seem to indicate both are .500 ball clubs. :headbanger:

Fwiw, the Packers made the right call. Despite how Favre is playing this year, he was taking too long to decide and the Pack did what was best for the future of the franchise and it looks like they have a damn good QB for years to come.

LOL

the original question was what 25 or younger QB would you rather have and now people are also naming Rivers and Warner??

how is Warner going to lead your team into the future?

I mean right now both might be up there with Rodgers but the numbers don't lie and as it stands, Rodgers has better numbers. He has more yards and td's than Rivers or Warner and less interceptions, albeit with 1 more game played.

but please, pick an aspect to argue and argue it. stop pointing to Flacco and Ryan in one breath and old man Warner in another.

There's more to being a good QB than helping fantasy teams. I've yet to see Rodgers pull off a 4th quarter comeback...where he drives his team down the field in a 2 minute situation. He's young...he's got plenty of opportunity to show what kind of QB he is, but until he actually does it, no one knows how he'll respond.

If I needed to win a game, or I needed a strong performance from my QB, there's 5, 6, 7 guys ahead of Rodgers.

25 years or under.....Rodgers is one of the best QBs....but you're really only ranking him against a handful of other QBs....and the Pucker fockers want to have that conversation because they're all about potential....setting their sights on the prize 3 years down the road....and in the NFL, that's a really dumb mindset to have. Potential gets people fired.

:rolleyes:

romo is 0-2 and rodgers being 0-0 speaks volumes.

Joe Montana was also 6-10/0-0 playoffs in his first season.....

Romo > Montana :headbanger:

25 years or under.....Rodgers is one of the best QBs....but you're really only ranking him against a handful of other QBs....

We're ranking him against dozens and dozens of quarterbacks..... including Tavaris Jackson :rolleyes: who will be lining up against him for the next 13-15 years.... Long after all of you bandwagon Viking fans have jumped backed off the bandwagon....

HTH! :headbanger:

Joe Montana was also 6-10/0-0 playoffs in his first season.....

Romo > Montana :headbanger:

yes, but montana didn't breast-feed until he was essentially 10 years old, as rodgers did on the bench for years and years. montana got thrown into the fire with a crappy team and made them better immediately. rodgers sat on his ass for nearly half a decade on the bench, got the keys to a 13-3 team, and promptly drove it into the ditch.

but he looked pretty doing it.

yes, but montana didn't breast-feed until he was essentially 10 years old, as rodgers did on the bench for years and years.

Maybe they shoulda breastfed Joey?

Imagine how high his confidence would be right now!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:headbanger:

hehe.and he will probably finally win the superbowl while in minny after years of losing in GB.

if this happens--and it's a legit possibility this year--minny will stick the knife in even further and twist by retiring brett's #4 before the packers do.

Maybe they shoulda breastfed Joey?

Imagine how high his confidence would be right now!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:headbanger:

on the other hand, if they had done that to montana he wouldn't be in the hof right now.

your point was decisively rebuked. move along.

if this happens--and it's a legit possibility this year--minny will stick the knife in even further and twist by retiring brett's #4 before the packers do.

He's talking about Rodgers, einstein!

Try to keep up...

He's talking about Rodgers, einstein!

Try to keep up...

you're right. it's a huge mistake to mention "hof" or "retire jersey" in conjunction with rodgers name

you know what is so funny here..........These packer fans trashed guys like romo for not winning a playoff game and piling up regular season stats....now they are in the same boat as dallas fans........they have a guy who is a top 10 nfl qb who piles up stats and never wins playoff games. They are even using the same excuses that romo people used. Claiming rodgers is the next best thing and better than sliced bread. saying their time will come and they have the qb of the future. Bottom line: Rodgers has never won a playoff game; he has never had a winning season on his own; he gets sacked more than a bag of groceries and he is to blame since he holds onto the ball too long. Funny how fans can trash guys like romo and other stud qbs who have yet to find post season success and defend their own qb when he is just like the other guys.

Favre is in the MVP hunt and should win it. Favre has the vikes ready for a title run and maybe another title run next year. Favre is poised to go out on top like elway. Favre has leadership qualities rodgers does not have.........I just think the packers should have let favre stay and retire with dignity.

We trashed Romo for constantly choking in December and January.

But at least you went back to your defensive self about your team Pimp....rather than pretending to be a Pats fan, or Vikings fan and so on.

Yup...must all be him to blame (but somehow last year he did not get sacked as much...hmmmm).

Funny how a "fan" can switch teams over and over based on who he wants to whine about like you do.

btw...Favre did retire with dignity.

When did Sweetness34 last reply to this thread?

I wonder if he realizes the Packers are playing much better and makes his thread look like a desperate-moronic fishing attempt?!?

Answers: Quite awhile and yes

When did Sweetness34 last reply to this thread?

I wonder if he realizes the Packers are playing much better and makes his thread look like a desperate-moronic fishing attempt?!?

Answers: Quite awhile and yes

He pretty much disappeared from here with GB playing well and the Bears stinking.

He still shows up a bit in the Seahawks thread, thats about it.

There's more to being a good QB than helping fantasy teams. I've yet to see Rodgers pull off a 4th quarter comeback...where he drives his team down the field in a 2 minute situation. He's young...he's got plenty of opportunity to show what kind of QB he is, but until he actually does it, no one knows how he'll respond.

If I needed to win a game, or I needed a strong performance from my QB, there's 5, 6, 7 guys ahead of Rodgers.

25 years or under.....Rodgers is one of the best QBs....but you're really only ranking him against a handful of other QBs....and the Pucker fockers want to have that conversation because they're all about potential....setting their sights on the prize 3 years down the road....and in the NFL, that's a really dumb mindset to have. Potential gets people fired.

:o

There is much more to being a good QB than helping fantasy teams. In fact, I never mentioned fantasy.

But statistics still count for something and Rodgers is more or less tops in the NFL right now. 22 TD's 5 Int's is very nice no matter who the Packers have played.

And again, this is only his 2nd season as the starter. I think its beyond retarded to say he deserved the same criticism as Tony Romo. We have seen Romo choke in the playoffs and in december. Lets give it just a little more time before we say Rodgers is the next Romo.

I know you didn't say that FeelingMN (we know who did).

I can buy that there might be 6 or 7 guys ahead of Rodgers if you needed to win a game. Im not saying I agree, Im saying I can buy your opinion on that.

But 6 or 7 guys ahead of him if you need a strong performance? Dude is the most consistantly strong QB, statistically speaking this season! If your looking for simply a strong individual performance Id take Manning and maybe Brady ahead of him. Brees has been too inconsistant this year.

Might as well queue this one to remind everyone how stupid Thompson was. :nono:

Did Favre suddenly become 17 years younger???? :pointstosky:

Don't get me wrong... I love Favre, he is propelling me to the fantasy playoffs.... :unsure: ...... but he's still 40..... His drama-queen ways brought Rodgers in and I'm extremely happy with him and looking forward to him leading the pack for the next 15 years....

Might as well queue this one to remind everyone how stupid Thompson was. :nono:

Why? Because they are beating the Bears?

You do realize Rodgers is playing pretty well right now don't you?

And that there is absolutely no way to know had they brought him back last year, that he would have played again this year right? Or played this way behind the Packers Oline and without Peterson behind him?

You do know that right?

Does not seem like you do.

Why? Because they are beating the Bears?

You do realize Rodgers is playing pretty well right now don't you?

And that there is absolutely no way to know had they brought him back last year, that he would have played again this year right? Or played this way behind the Packers Oline and without Peterson behind him?

You do know that right?

Does not seem like you do.

I am very happy for the Pack and Rodgers, but that does not change the fact that Thompson really screwed up.

going back as far as the packer loss in the playoffs to the falcons, favre had that tired, burnt-out look in his eyes. don't know what was going on behind the scenes. was he asking for things the packers weren't giving him? by the end of his time with the packers he clearly seemed burnt out and frustrated.

that he's come back and is rejuvenated with the vikings...and seems to be relishing sticking it to the packers...should maybe indicate the packers done him wrong somehow (or at least he thinks they did).

:pointstosky:

I am very happy for the Pack and Rodgers, but that does not change the fact that Thompson really screwed up.

You have an interesting definition of the word "fact". Because saying Thompson really screwed up (other than how he handled it all) is not a fact, that is your opinion.

going back as far as the packer loss in the playoffs to the falcons, favre had that tired, burnt-out look in his eyes. don't know what was going on behind the scenes. was he asking for things the packers weren't giving him? by the end of his time with the packers he clearly seemed burnt out and frustrated.

that he's come back and is rejuvenated with the vikings...and seems to be relishing sticking it to the packers...should maybe indicate the packers done him wrong somehow (or at least he thinks they did).

:mad:

To blame any team for not cowtowing to the wishes of an older QB hinting at retirement year after year is the definition of insane.

-667-

And after that many posts what have we learned?

Just for the OP...we have learned that the Bears are who we thought they were...a freaking terrible team that may have set their team back years if Cutler cannot mature and figure something out.

You have an interesting definition of the word "fact". Because saying Thompson really screwed up (other than how he handled it all) is not a fact, that is your opinion.

no....it's a fact. Ask Thompson if he screwed up. Ha! He is taking one up this one up the butt w/o lubrication! Swamp is all over it above.

no....it's a fact. Ask Thompson if he screwed up. Ha! He is taking one up this one up the butt w/o lubrication! Swamp is all over it above.

Ask Thompson if he screwed up?

He would say maybe in the early years letting all of the Oline go.

In letting Favre go, I doubt he would say that...I don't think he screwed up in the decision there. He has a very good starting QB right now and for the forseeable future.

That Thompson Focked up and brett won!

If brett folds in the playoffs or fails to ever deliver Minny a title...do you still think he failed?

Because they based their decision on thinking Favre could no longer lead their team to a title. Seems he is proven correct if Favre never wins another doesn't it?

If brett folds in the playoffs or fails to ever deliver Minny a title...do you still think he failed?

Because they based their decision on thinking Favre could no longer lead their team to a title. Seems he is proven correct if Favre never wins another doesn't it?

favre had proven he could take the packers to the super bowl. rodgers sure as hell hasn't.

favre had proven he could take the packers to the super bowl. rodgers sure as hell hasn't.

He had proven he could do it over 10 years ago...that has nothing to do with today.

True...Rodgers had not proven that...but why wait to get him in if you don't think the old guy can do it anymore?

Favre is doing great this year because he is not getting hit and he is not forced to run around like a mad man. That is were Favre gets in trouble being older and less mobile. Both Favre and Rodgers are playing lights out this year, but if they were to switch teams, the Vikes would be still in the Super Bow hunt and the Packers would be irrelevant. Please keep in mind... I am a Packers fan and only own two jerseys.. Favre and Rodgers.

Plus, after this year... Rodgers is still young and Favre will most likely be done - for good this time.

Favre is doing great this year because he is not getting hit and he is not forced to run around like a mad man. That is were Favre gets in trouble being older and less mobile. Both Favre and Rodgers are playing lights out this year, but if they were to switch teams, the Vikes would be still in the Super Bow hunt and the Packers would be irrelevant. Please keep in mind... I am a Packers fan and only own two jerseys.. Favre and Rodgers.

Plus, after this year... Rodgers is still young and Favre will most likely be done - for good this time.

Nice post but I disagree.

Nice post I agree.

Nice post. Nail on the head

I think we have to marvel at the Packers being able to follow one HOF quarterback after another HOF quarterback -- that'll be about 30-some years of HOF quarterbacking :doublethumbsup:

:pointstosky:

We trashed Romo for constantly choking in December and January.

But at least you went back to your defensive self about your team Pimp....rather than pretending to be a Pats fan, or Vikings fan and so on.

sho is right....

I have grade school neighbor kids who werent even ALIVE the last time that dallas won a playoff game.....they are the nfls version of the cubs....not sure why cowboy fans talk trash about the playoffs...

never doing anything but always getting people to pick them in the offseason..... :wall: