13 Redskins Michael Oher OT Ole Miss

14 Saints Malcom Jenkins CB Ohio State

15 Texans Clay Matthews LB USC

16 Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC

17 Jets Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

18 Broncos (from Chicago) Tyson Jackson DE LSU

19 Buccaneers Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

20 Lions (from Dallas) Peria Jerry DT Mississippi

21 Eagles Knowshon Moreno RB University of Georgia.

22 Vikings Eben Britton OT University of Arizona

23 Patriots Brian Cushing OLB USC

24 Falcons Evander Hood DT Missouri

25 Dolphins Sean Smith S/CB Utah

26 Ravens Vontae Davis CB Illinois

27 Colts Kenny Britt WR Rutgers

28 Eagles (from Carolina) Bradon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State

29 Giants James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State

30 Titans Percy Harvin WR Florida

31 Cardinals Chris Wells RB Ohio State

32 Steelers Filia Moala DT USC

33 Lions Josh Freeman QB Kansas State

34 Patriots (From Kansas City) Darius Butler CB UConn

35 Rams Brian Robiskie WR Ohio St

36 Browns Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

37 Seahawks Donald Brown RB Connecticut

38 Bengals Max Unger C Oregon

39 Jaguars William Beatty OT UCON

40 Raiders Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech

41 Packers Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose St.

42 Bills Alex Mack C California

43 49ers Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

44 Dolphins (From Washington) Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma

45 Giants (From New Orleans) Clint Sintim OLB Virginia.

46 Texans Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

47 Patriots (From San Diego) Patrick Chung S Oregon.

48 Broncos William Moore S Mizzou

49 Bears Derrick Williams WR Penn St

50 Browns (From Tampa Bay) Lesean Mccoy RB Pitt

51 Cowboys Victor Harris CB Virginia Tech

52 Jets Ron Brace DT Boston College

53 Eagles DJ Moore CB Vanderbilt

54 Vikings Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

55 Falcons Connor Barwin OLB Cincinnati

56 Dolphins Larry English DE Northern Illinois

57 Ravens Eric Wood C Louisville

58 Patriots Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina

59 Panthers Lawrence Sidbury DE Richmond

60 Giants Sebastian Vollmer OT Houston

61 Colts Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn

62 Titans Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas

63 Cardinals Paul Kruger DE Utah

64 Steelers T.J. Lang OT Eastern Michigan

Buffalo Bills listen2me23

Miami Dolphins Mr Greenthumb

New England Patriots Patriotsfatboy1 & Crew TBD

New York Jets WhiteWonder

Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Cincinnati Bengals shovelheadt

Cleveland Browns pittnthat

Pittsburgh Steelers Dan

Houston Texans hellothere

Indianapolis Colts mzf5c5

Jacksonville Jaguars Grizzly

Tennessee Titans titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Denver Broncos Mack 1

Kansas City Chiefs Chronic Husker

Oakland Raiders DaveJ

San Diego Chargers 9-Route

Dallas Cowboys 29 Guests

New York Giants ens189

Philadelphia Eagles Force of Two

Washington Redskins ArnieBragg

Chicago Bears Bishop82

Detroit Lions patweisers44

Green Bay Packers Jarvis Basnight

Minnesota Vikings FeelingMN

Atlanta Falcons FeelingMN

Carolina Panthers Grizzly

New Orleans Saints throttlers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers throttlers

Arizona Cardinals jerryskids

St. Louis Rams WhiteWonder

San Francisco 49ers ShaneFalco

Seattle Seahawks Kopy & Crew (Joey Gladstone) TBD

1.01 Detroit Lions - Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

Comments: Lions are in no position to gamble and Curry seems to be the "safest" of all the talked about potential #1 overall picks. Ernie Sims is an adequate weakside LB and Curry's playmaking ability from the strongside will complement him immediately.

Taking a QB here would pretty much commit 1 or 2 of the next four picks to OL so he wouldnt turn into David Carr. Without tipping my hand too much, if you improve your defense you have a better chance of staying in games. One draft wont turn them into the 2000 Ravens but if you can hold teams to 17-20 points, you have a chance each week.

1.02 St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

They need to replace Pace and this o-line has been terrible for years now. I really do think he has the most upside of anyone except maybe Andre Smith but at the second pick, for this kind of money, the Rams take the safer player.

1.04 Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

1.07 Oakland Raiders

Sorry.. Al Davis alzheimers moment....

With the 7th Pick of the draft, the Oakland Raiders Selection Darrius Heyward-Bey - Maryland. Heyward-Bey brings size, strength and blazing speed to the table, all of which will be deciding factors by an Organization that historically has put speed over raw talent. Heyward-Bey tore up the combine and opened eyes posting a 4.30 in the combine. His 6' 210 lb frame fits the mold for height/speed and strength of WR's taken in recent years. While he lacks the demonstrated play making ability of Crabtree, he does provide multi-skill dimension and will provide the Raiders an excellent KR and PR resource. His off-field character is stellar and he has a few concerns with his football character but with proper coaching these probably won't be an issue.

NOTES:

While Maclin would be the popular pick here and a likely choice, I think that between his injury concerns, he had knee injuries in 2006 and was again injured in 2008, it makes him more of a risk than Heyward-Bey. He also lacks the breakaway ability at the line. While he can separate if he gets clear at the line of scrimmage, he has problems with contact at the line and getting open afterward. He also has had fumbling problems.

He certainly could be the WR they take, but I think the combination of the speed and KR/PR skills that Heyward-Bey brings to the table will push him above Maclin on the Raiders board.

If Crabtree is gone by this time and Heyward-Bey is above Maclin on their board, look for them to try to trade down a few spots and take Hetyward-Bey a few spots later. The trade down will depend on the QB's and where they are going at the time..

1.09 The Green Bay Packers select: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Believe it or not, this is no slam dunk for the Packers. Oher and Tyson Jackson were seriously considered. But speed is what made the decision for the Pack as Orakpo can cause plenty of problems for offenses on speed alone. Green Bay is switching to a 3-4 defense but they'll take Orakpo and make him a hybrid speed rushing OLB much like Baltimore does with Suggs. Orakpo could be a difference maker from the get go teamed up with Aaron Kampman in that Packer front 7.

Suck it Jay Cutler :thumbsup:

1.11 - Buffalo Bills - Everette Brown DE FSU

Ideal situation for the Bills. They need a pass rusher in the worst way. They were tied for 4th worst in sacks recorded last year. Aaron Schobel was once a very good pass rusher, but has seemed to have lost a step. There are no other decent pass rushers on this defense.

At 255lbs Brown is a hybrid 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB. He however is a strong player who can add a couple lbs and play DE. The Bills have more of a Colts defense, with undersized DEs. I think Brown is a great fit for this team.

Other possibilities:

Aaron Maybin: Undersized, but they could like him more than Brown as a pass rusher.

Robert Ayers: Watch out for him. Didn't record many sacks in college but I see him moving up the board for which ever reasons.

Brandon Pettigrew: They need a TE, but this is way too high. This is a pick I have heard some Bills fans like, but in my opinion it would be good to trade down and select him. He is not an elite enough TE prospect to be considered this high.

Malcolm Jenkins: Just based on talent and a semi-need.

1.12 Denver Broncos select: Aaron Maybin, OLB/DE Penn St.

Denver's defense was putrid last season, especially its front seven. The Broncos' switch to a 3-4 requires them to revamp their personnel, so what better way to start that process than by drafting a hybrid player who can do a multitude of things on the football field.

1.14 The New Orleans Saints select Malcom Jenkins

There has been speculation about Beanie Wells here as the Saints need a big power back to compliment Bush. However, the glaring needs in the secondary win out here. Jenkins is a playmaker. His speed to play CB in the NFL has been questioned, but whether he plays safety or CB, he is certainly an upgrade over anything they have now. There are also needs for pash rushers since Grant and Smith aren't getting the job done, but I think Jenkins is the pick if he falls this far.

well this doesn't seem right... altho oddly enough you got the pick number and player correct, but its spelled New York Jets.

Pick 1.17 - New York Jets select Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzu

Analysis:

Ok I hate this spot the more I think about it. The Jets team needs are WR, QB, DE, DB, RB, OL in that order. RB and OL are more luxury/depth/plan for the future type picks.

At this stage I am not a Freeman fan so I say go ahead and let Clemens and Ratliff battle it out. I would love for them to bring in a veteran at least as an insurance policy.

Alot of people are predicting Knowshon here and if that ends up being the pick I will accept it but again, TJ led the AFC in rushing and Washington is explosive. Together they make a great 1-2 punch. TJ is older but do you really use your top pick on a RB when you need a WR now???

So this pick comes down to WR or Tyson Jackson. Being that the team spent free agency shoring up the defense, i'll give the nod to WR.

Maclin has decent size and good speed. He can be the deep threat and Cotchery can be the possession guy. He can also help in the return game, allowing Leon to get more involved in the offense. I took a hard look at Harvin here but his durability is a concern and he has never really been a return man. Also he has a bit of an attitude.

***I actually hope the Jets trade back here. Pick up and extra late 2nd or 3rd round pick and select Kenny Britt at the end of round 1. ***

1.18 Denver picks Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

The Broncos must continue to fortify their front seven, and picking Jackson here and Maybin at 12 will put Denver on the fast track to becoming a respectable defense once again.

I know there are definitely needs on the D-Line and at OLB. However, I am going to say that the offseason rebuild of the offense continues.

1.19 - Tampa Bay Selects Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

1.20 Detroit (from Dallas) Peria Jerry - DT Mississippi.

Sorry for the delay.

The Patriots select OLB Brian Cushing, USC

Frankly, we had him rated above Clay Mathews, who is very raw. He should be able to step in right away and challenge Pierre Woods or Tully Banta-Cain for the starting OLB spot. I think that they like him to be a steady guy at this spot for a while, even though he is probably not an outside rush guy.

Expect Jason Taylor to be signed immediately after this pick is made by the Patriots. :dunno:

1.26 Baltimore Raven's select Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

With the "prime" WR targets long gone, they look to fill the void left by the departure of McAllister with his clone. Davis lacks discipline and often allows his emotion to take him over, but he is a nasty hitting playmaker, just like Ed Reed. And with both Lewis and Reed on board to mentor this cat, he becomes a shut down CB anchoring the defensive backfield for years to come, and forcing the Ravens to fill the WR void in either 2010 or through FA

Wow, was really planning on picking Britt. Will be back in a little bit with my pick

New York Giants select James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State.

I don't necessarily love this pick but we need to groom someone to replace Pierce who was fat and terrible last year. And we can always pick up Robiskie with the NO 2nd rounder.

In real life I doubt we have a first rounder as I see that pick leaving via a Boldin or Edwards trade.

With the 30th pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

Percy Harvin, WR Florida

The Titans need a playmaker, and Harvin is it. As a UT fan, I've dreaded facing Harvin for three years. The kid is a stud. He has speed to burn, and Collins could certainly use a deep threat to stretch defenses, and open up lanes for CJ3. A creative offensive plan could really use CJ3 and Harvin together in interesting ways. Furthermore, Harvin would add a spark to the return game.

1.32 With the 32nd pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Filia Moala, DT, USC

at 2.01 the Detroit Lions select Josh Freeman QB - K-State

2.3 Rams select - Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St.

2-3 needs at this spot. MLB, DT, WR... Was hoping Laurinaitis would fall here with Will Witherspoon shifting outside. I don't feel any of the remaining ILB's is worth a pick this high.

So we will go with the best WR available and I like the fit alot. He is a classic possession type guy to pair opposite the speed guy Avery. Invested the first round pick in protecting Bulger, so let's give him another weapon.