Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Moving Today

Well leaving San Antonio for good. Heading back to SC. Having to haul a Uhaul 8x12 trailer. Good thing is Air Force is paying for the Uhaul and for us to move ourselves. Tried multiple times to back it up into my driveway but that wasn't happening. Also having a problem with towing it and the trailer swaying back and forth. Gets worse the faster I go. So I'm having to go 60 just to keep it from dragging me all across the road. Any tips on this? Or I just have to drive this slow the whole time?

:lol: at you. Can't even drive straight with a trailer ?

I would need a lot more then a 8 x 12 trailer to move across the country.

To back up you want to turn the opposite way u want the trailer to go. Man up.

Or delete this thread.

:lol: at you. Can't even drive straight with a trailer ?

I would need a lot more then a 8 x 12 trailer to move across the country.

To back up you want to turn the opposite way u want the trailer to go. Man up.

Or delete this thread.

Kinda hard when You drive straight but the trailer starts swerving on its own. Hence I'm trying to figure out what's going on with it

Plus we sold a lot of stuff cause we didn't want it and wanted to get new stuff when we get our new house. So the big things we took was the two beds, tv stand, tvs, and grill

Can't offer any advice but good luck on the move.

Are you sure you didn't rent the trailer from U-Sway?

I swear it seems that way. It's a major pain in the ass.

I swear it seems that way. It's a major pain in the ass.

I just googled it. A common cause is a trailers weight distribution. Might be caused by the way you packed it?

I just googled it. A common cause is a trailers weight distribution. Might be caused by the way you packed it?

Probably. It's also those little ass tires on the trailer. My FIL said that will cause it to sway as well. Looks like I'm driving 60 the whole way home

Tell Schoolmeester he better have some chicken ready for you.

Seeing them Sunday for my grandpas surprise 80th birthday (he was given 3 months to live back in September but now his cancer is in remission). However we prob will stop in Columbia and see them while eating wings

Drive slow. Wrecking is not worth making it to SC faster. And you cant back up a trailer? I thought that was something men were born with.

Drive slow. Wrecking is not worth making it to SC faster. And you cant back up a trailer? I thought that was something men were born with.

I've backed boats up before. This little trailer is trickier for some reason. Plus it didn't help I didn't have much room on my street. But yea I'm just driving 60 to get there. It'll take a couple days but that's fine. Looking forward to being back. Been over 7 years

I wouldnt even attempt it, plus I only like driving small cars. Is that man card probation?

I wouldnt even attempt it, plus I only like driving small cars. Is that man card probation?

I didn't think you had one

Any good hotel suggestions for a truck hauling a trailer? Don't want to get my stuff stolen

Any good hotel suggestions for a truck hauling a trailer? Don't want to get my stuff stolen

Any decent chain should be okay, they all have cameras, I mean like a Hampton inn, holiday inn express.. Stay away from the valu inn.. Most of the folks staying at the places I mentioned are just guys traveling through for work

It's always going to sway, have movement. Properly hitched on and chained to the base of the hitch it is not going anywhere. Man up and drive the speed limit.

Motel 6. The'll leave the light on for ya.

Any decent chain should be okay, they all have cameras, I mean like a Hampton inn, holiday inn express.. Stay away from the valu inn.. Most of the folks staying at the places I mentioned are just guys traveling through for work

I'll try to look for a couple of those. Gonna try to park in front of the door so anyone trying to steal sh1t can be seen through the door

I'll try to look for a couple of those. Gonna try to park in front of the door so anyone trying to steal sh1t can be seen through the door

You are one paranoid MoFo. Ever hear of locks ?

They have cameras everywhere, so your stuff should be fine

You are one paranoid MoFo. Ever hear of locks ?

People can break locks. Plus we have stuff on the back of my truck that we couldn't fit inside the uhaul, my truck, or her car.

When you get to SC (if) please turn in your man card.

PSA.

When you get to SC (if) please turn in your man card.

PSA.

Last time I checked you weren't issued one :wave:

Last time I checked you weren't issued one :wave:

Yeah that's because I was born with one. :wave:

So we went from private leer jet criss-crossing the country to unable to negotiate a move with a U Haul trailer and staying at the Day's Inn :(

So we went from private leer jet criss-crossing the country to being unable to negotiate a move with a U Haul trailer and staying at the Day's Inn :(

Sleeping with one eye open so no one steals his sh!t. :lol:

Repack the trailer with the heaviest shiot at the front. The weight behind the axle is what is causing the sway. Also, when backing, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, turn to the direction you want the back of the trailer to go while looking at your side mirror. :shakes head:

Repack the trailer with the heaviest shiot at the front. The weight behind the axle is what is causing the sway. Also, when backing, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, turn to the direction you want the back of the trailer to go while looking at your side mirror. :shakes head:

I've gotten the hang of backing the trailer up. Dam thing is different from backing up a boat. Made a stop in Louisiana to sleep. Got to make a stop somewhere in this state for some crawfish though

Catch me up on the lie....... So you're not a doctor, but you are/were enlisted in the Air Force for real? :unsure:

Catch me up on the lie....... So you're not a doctor, but you are/were enlisted in the Air Force for real? :unsure:

Yep. Pretty much a lot of the stories I have told over the past couple of years are true. Only difference was my job and rank. Other than that spot on. If you're still curious feel free to find me on fb. I'll be more than happy to add ya :thumbsup:

Yep. Pretty much a lot of the stories I have told over the past couple of years are true. Only difference was my job and rank. Other than that spot on. If you're still curious feel free to find me on fb. I'll be more than happy to add ya :thumbsup:

Yeah it's no big deal, I'm actually a secretary and not even a legal one but it's only a few steps removed from fake lawyer :thumbsup:

Trailer sway:

Move more of the heavy objects or anything that can move (think water in a tank) in FRONT of the trailer axle.

Verify you don't have too much load on the tongue weight. It's possible it's too heavy.

Verify tire pressure is equal on trailer wheels.

Backing up issues:

Have your husband or boyfriend do it you fuckin girl.

Still got 10 hours to go. As far as repacking the uhaul that wouldn't be possible. We've got it filled to the max. This trailer will sway when a truck passes it so I'm constantly having to fight it and I'm constantly swaying back and forth. When we stop my equilibrium is thrown off and I still feel like I'm swaying. Gettin tired from having to stay alert the whole time with this dam thing. Though I did stop at a gas station on Louisiana that had live tigers so that was a plus