Sign in to follow this  
ilovemustachios

Any geeks take depression or anxiety medication?

I used to take both about 5 years ago but then decided I could be happy without them. Now I am starting to feel just like I used to and that's not good. Anyone else been on both sides of the fence and can tell me which one is better????

Guest Black Label Society

Captain Diet with a Lime always worked good.

I also took Celexa, which worked actually, but it made it so I could....... :thumbsup: ....well, let's just say it was TOUGH to 'finish'.

Although I know some girls who would love that......

But that's a different thread...

PS - I flat out fukked up my 4k post party...I'm such a dipshit.

only when I make the top 10 list :thumbsup:

Today's Top 10 Posters

Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts

cmh6476 21-September 00 34808 56 2.74%

Toro 23-December 04 7006 56 2.74%

GettnHuge 5-July 00 17111 51 2.49%

torridjoe 28-October 99 50504 50 2.44%

Patriotsfatboy1 22-September 04 8950 48 2.35%

hoytdwow 4-November 04 2394 45 2.20%

Fumbleweed 10-August 00 11205 43 2.10%

jerryskids 27-August 01 8409 43 2.10%

MDC 16-May 04 12425 42 2.05%

Strike 31-August 04 6649 34 1.66%

:wall:

Captain Diet with a Lime always worked good.

I also took Celexa, which worked actually, but it made it so I could....... :wall: ....well, let's just say it was TOUGH to 'finish'.

Although I know some girls who would love that......

But that's a different thread...

PS - I flat out fukked up my 4k post party...I'm such a dipshit.

I agree 100%!!! :mad: I used Celexa after my divorce for about 8 months.....Stuff worked wonders & you could shagg for hours!!!! :thumbsup:

GettnHuge 5-July 00 17111 51 2.49%

torridjoe 28-October 99 50504 50 2.44%

now that I look at it, I grok the bored!!

Guest Black Label Society
I agree 100%!!! :mad: I used Celexa after my divorce for about 8 months.....Stuff worked wonders & you could shagg for hours!!!! :thumbsup:

I know.....I was doing my ex doggy for like 2 hrs, and she finally turned around and gave me the 'look'.

I had to slather the rest of the astro on, rail her like mad, and think of my dirtiest fantasies to make it work.

:wall:

Now, I'm lucky if I make it 20 minutes.

I flipped out after my dad passed away in 1999, and had post traumatic stress syndrome. I started taking Paxil, because I was having anxiety attacks. It knocked em' right out. I took it for about two years, and then started to wean myself off. :wall: It was not easy. I started having panic attacks, dizzy spells, shocking sensations in my head. Paxil works, but be careful trying to get off of it. Take something milder like Zoloft. :thumbsup:

I flipped out after my dad passed away in 1999, and had post traumatic stress syndrome. I started taking Paxil, because I was having anxiety attacks. It knocked em' right out. I took it for about two years, and then started to wean myself off. :wall: It was not easy. I started having panic attacks, dizzy spells, shocking sensations in my head. Paxil works, but be careful trying to get off of it. Take something milder like Zoloft. :thumbsup:

Yep, I started taking Paxil for anxiety attacks aound that time too. Worked wonders, but with the same sexual side effects that BLS described.

I don't think my gf would consider me humping her for 2 hours a "side effect"

If I last more than 5 minutes now it's a miracle

I love poontang too much

I have taken these:

Paxil, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Desyrel, Adapin, Ludiomil....list goes on

And these:

Xanax, Klonopin, Dizac, Centrax, Nardil, Serlect...list goes on

Prozac, Zoloft and Xanax, Centrax worked best for me.

It's great you are asking for advice, but each persons body/mind react differently. If something worked in the past, use that to start. When you feel thats not working try another.

One other thing nobody mentioned was dosage. Many come in various dosages. A couple posters mentioned Paxil. The dosage can be 5mg to 62.5mg a day. That's important as well.

I may not have helped, but you posting this helped me.

I know.....I was doing my ex doggy for like 2 hrs, and she finally turned around and gave me the 'look'.

I had to slather the rest of the astro on, rail her like mad, and think of my dirtiest fantasies to make it work.

:D

Now, I'm lucky if I make it 20 minutes.

I'm married, so I get the look if I stretch it out more than 20 minutes. :first:

I have taken these:

And these:

It's great you are asking for advice, but each persons body/mind react differently. If something worked in the past, use that to start. When you feel thats not working try another.

One other thing nobody mentioned was dosage. Many come in various dosages. A couple posters mentioned Paxil. The dosage can be 5mg to 62.5mg a day. That's important as well.

No wonder why you're such a fuckup.

:D

I have taken these:

And these:

HOLY CRAP! :D

My wife is a rep for Forest Labs, which has Celexa. The only side affect is the one mentioned above, which is a good one.

The new version of Celexa is Lexapro...........basically the same drug without the side affect.

Getting off these two are much easier than Paxil, Zoloft, etc....

I have taken these:

And these:

I've been on all of the above as well as Celexa/Lexapro. They all make your d*ck limp, or give you cold sweats, rashes, the runs, etc. Dealt with the side effects and they helped with the attacks generally. Finally stopped taking all the meds and for a while I had attacks again but it was better then all the side effects. One day I just woke up and actually believed it was all BS in my head. Haven't had an attack in almost 3 years now.

I've been on all of the above as well as Celexa/Lexapro. They all make your d*ck limp, or give you cold sweats, rashes, the runs, etc. Dealt with the side effects and they helped with the attacks generally. Finally stopped taking all the meds and for a while I had attacks again but it was better then all the side effects. One day I just woke up and actually believed it was all BS in my head. Haven't had an attack in almost 3 years now.

Again, HOLY CRAP! <_<

HOLY CRAP! <_<

Those were my exact words :lol:

ETA: I had anxiety attacks in college and for a few years after. Mostly just in large crowds, social settings, like bars I was unfamiliar with. (For example, going to concerts didn't bother me, but a new bar did). I took xanax occationally, but never consistantly enough to worry about getting addicted. It was good stuff though. I went to a pychologist once and he gave me some good (non-drug) tips for how to beat the anxiety... and I realize my example is pretty specific but maybe someone else can adapt it to their situation... if I new I was going to a bar later that night, instead of sitting around thinking about it getting myself all worked up, I'd go to the bar early when there was a small crowd, then as the night progressed and the bar filled up it didn't make me nearly as anxious. Bottom line for me was repetition, the more familiar I was with a situation the higher my anxiety "ceiling" was, so I it would take a lot more for me to reach the "overload" level. And that's what I did (when I could) to avoid taking xanax. After a few years, my anxiety attacks went away all together. I also think it was related confidence issues resolved, but I haven't had an anxiety attack in more than 10 years now, drug free.

Hope this helps in some way ;)

I appreciate what you put out there.

Those were my exact words :cheers:

ETA: I had anxiety attacks in college and for a few years after. Mostly just in large crowds, social settings, like bars I was unfamiliar with. (For example, going to concerts didn't bother me, but a new bar did). I took xanax occationally, but never consistantly enough to worry about getting addicted. It was good stuff though. I went to a pychologist once and he gave me some good (non-drug) tips for how to beat the anxiety... and I realize my example is pretty specific but maybe someone else can adapt it to their situation... if I new I was going to a bar later that night, instead of sitting around thinking about it getting myself all worked up, I'd go to the bar early when there was a small crowd, then as the night progressed and the bar filled up it didn't make me nearly as anxious. Bottom line for me was repetition, the more familiar I was with a situation the higher my anxiety "ceiling" was, so I it would take a lot more for me to reach the "overload" level. And that's what I did (when I could) to avoid taking xanax. After a few years, my anxiety attacks went away all together. I also think it was related confidence issues resolved, but I haven't had an anxiety attack in more than 10 years now, drug free.

Hope this helps in some way :ninja:

I have a different syle of crap. Its not your typical crowd thing. I love people and crowds, so this does not apply to me. I'm a bit further out.

I've had some pretty nasty drug habits in my life ( "couple" rehab stints )

but outside of death of loved ones I havent been depressed a day in my life

:headbanger:

Those were my exact words :headbanger:

Hope this helps in some way :dunno:

Good to hear you're drug free. I think a big part of what made me start having anxiety attacks was drug abuse in highschool. I'm pretty sure the amount of LSD I did in high-school (late 80's) made some sort of chemical imbalance in my brain. When I was having a really hard time with it I found that places I had anxiety attacks previously were the hardest for me. A big part of anxiety/panic attacks are the "what if" factor. When you have an attack it is so terrifying that you associate the attack with where you were at. So ofcourse next time you go to the same place you completely psych yourself out which pretty much kicks off an attack. The meds are great and all but I think people are generally too quick to pop a pill to cure a problem. 10 years down the road they end up with some sort of illness related to those meds they took previously. I've found that simple breathing excercises and self relaxation techniques work best for me. There are also lots of natural vitamins and minerals like B12 for instance that really help for alot of people as well. To the thread starter, ofcourse i'm no doctor but I would atleast suggest speaking to a Psychologist about some non-medication avenues before actually going to a psychiatrist and drugging yourself up.

good luck mate :cheers: