Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

For those with kids

Did time just suddenly start flying by once you had kids? It seems that they keep you so busy, the next thing you know, years have gone by. It just seems like yesterday that my daughter was in diapers. Now she's turning 5, she's signed up for KG, I've been at this job for 5 1/2 years, etc.

Wow

Did time just suddenly start flying by once you had kids? It seems that they keep you so busy, the next thing you know, years have gone by. It just seems like yesterday that my daughter was in diapers. Now she's turning 5, she's signed up for KG, I've been at this job for 5 1/2 years, etc.

Wow

Actully dude...now she's in High School.

Time flies :thumbsdown:

My oldest just turned 5 as well. Yesterday was kindergarten orientation. The wife was :thumbsup: the whole time.

Had ours a few weeks ago, which the ex tried to turn into an argument. She got bent out of shape because I put my daughter's primary address as my house, as if I was trying to somehow gain more control.

Me- "Which school system did we agree on?"

Ex - "Yours"

Me - "And you live in a different school system, correct?"

Ex - "Yes"

Me - "So guess which focking address we're using"

uh yeah, this year kinda flew by :thumbsup:

Seems like only yesterday you beat a dog with a rake

Seems like only yesterday you were using the same tired, unoriginal jokes.

Seems like only yesterday you were using the same tired, unoriginal jokes.

I thought that was pretty funny.

I thought that was pretty funny.

You being FFToday's most wanted...that doesn't surprise me.

Seems like only yesterday you beat a dog with a rake

:thumbsdown: ;) :huh:

I was driving my 6 year old to her last day of KG last week & I was a wreck. I've been driving her that route now for 3 years, from K-3, to K-4, now KG & I was thinking of the "I spy" games & stuff we'd played. Next year, she's in 1st grade at a new school & it's all down hill :thumbsdown:

My son is starting K also, now we have to take vacations same time as everyone else, and do more around school planning. Yes it flew by.

After two years, I'd have to say yes. It's crazy how fast they grow up and how the time just disappears.

My son is starting K also, now we have to take vacations same time as everyone else, and do more around school planning. Yes it flew by.

And the older they get, the more activities they get involved in, which will make it go by that much faster.

And the older they get, the more activities they get involved in, which will make it go by that much faster.

We've been chasing our four year old and eight year old playing baseball for the last month and a half or so... golf and swimming lessons start next week... basketball camp in July...

We were almost happy that their games got rained out last night so we could slow down for a minute. :P

Btw shovel, I had a stray dog come at my daughter very aggressively the other day, scary deal. Focker ended up biting me. :first:

Btw shovel, I had a stray dog come at my daughter very aggressively the other day, scary deal. Focker ended up biting me. :first:

Seriously? And....

Seriously? And....

and if I could have caught him I would have gone Capone on his head.

We were out walking and my daughter was out ahead of us on her bike. When she came to an intersection she stopped to wait for us. This dog came running from across the street and ran up to within a foot of her and started to bark and snap at her. My wife and I were still a ways back and thought he was going to attack her for sure. She freaked and started to scream, which honestly might have helped as it seemed to back him off a little. We ran up to her and yelled at the dog to go away but he kept backing off a few feet and then charging back at us.

At that point I pulled out my stick - a piece of 1 x 2 oak about 30 inches long that we keep strapped to our stroller for just this type situation - and used it to back his ass back across the street to the house he appeared to have come from, hoping he belonged there and to tell them to get him off the focking street. By the time I reached the stoop he was a serious lunatic. I rang the doorbell and a lady answered but while I was trying to talk to her the focking cur got behind me and bit me on the ankle. The son who owned the dog came out right then and chased him off around the house before I could turn him into a greasespot. :wub:

I was pretty focking wild for a while, more because it scared me for my daughter than because it bit me. I can definitely sympathize with you.

Had to get a tetanus shot and I'm on anti-biotics for a the next week. They don't fock around with dog bites these days.

At that point I pulled out my stick - a piece of 1 x 2 oak about 30 inches long that we keep strapped to our stroller for just this type situation

I bet this would not have happened if you had a rake attached to the stroller :wub:

My son just lost his second tooth. My older daughter is losing the baby fat at 4. My other daughter just turned 1 and is starting to walk. Time flies.

Kids. :wub:

I bet this would not have happened if you had a rake attached to the stroller :thumbsup:

There's a rake on that b!tch now! :rolleyes:

Parrot, I would give the bill to the dog owner and I'd call my lawyer too.

Sue Everybody! :(

My first Daughter was born in May 12 years ago. It seems like we were just changing her diapers. Now she's in middle school.

Wow

I always hear people say this, but I disagree. My daughter is a little over 2 now and I lover her so much I can't stand being apart from her. But the time hasn't flown by. I'd say exactly the opposite-- it has been the slowest 2 years of my life. Its all very good, though. :( B)

Parrot, I would give the bill to the dog owner and I'd call my lawyer too.

Sue Everybody! :(

Eh, they were pretty apologetic, I've had my dog get out before too, but mine is not aggressive like this one is. If it had bit my daughter it would be a whole different ball-game though.

The dog catcher did say they were liable for any bills, not sure if I will pursue that or not.

I always hear people say this, but I disagree. My daughter is a little over 2 now and I lover her so much I can't stand being apart from her. But the time hasn't flown by. I'd say exactly the opposite-- it has been the slowest 2 years of my life. Its all very good, though. :banana: :banana:

You're just now getting to the stage I'm talking about though. I'll check back in a couple of years.

You're just now getting to the stage I'm talking about though. I'll check back in a couple of years.

OK

My youngest of 3 is entering KG this year. :thumbsup:

My daughter as well. We'll see how it goes...

Seems to be a trend. Youngest of 2 here.

Mine all go to the same school but the PS is physically isolated, need to walk in and sign in vs. dropoff, etc. My youngest (daughter) is psyched to get dropped off at the main "big kids" section. :thumbsup:

ETA: as is my wife, who does the bulk of the dropoff/pickup.

Mine all go to the same school but the PS is physically isolated, need to walk in and sign in vs. dropoff, etc. My youngest (daughter) is psyched to get dropped off at the main "big kids" section. :thumbsup:

ETA: as is my wife, who does the bulk of the dropoff/pickup.

Oldest is 16 and a boy, so not so bad as far as the drop offs. My daughter will kill me though!

Wow, alot of guys here with daughters entering KG...I for one, hope this board is around in about 10-12 years so we can hear all the wh0re-or stories that have you guys going grey before your time. :D