Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

More Famous People who went to your High School

Terry Tate :thumbsdown:

Redondo Union

I went to West High.

BC, good eye. I was there 89-93, and Morgan was a year behind, and we hung out a lot during basketball season (played together, he was a great bb player as well). Fun times. You there at that time? BTW, my mom taught at a feeder school (Jefferson) to West High.

Pete Sampras, until he got his GED. :lol:

Palos Verdes High?

BC, good eye. I was there 89-93, and Morgan was a year behind, and we hung out a lot during basketball season (played together, he was a great bb player as well). Fun times. You there at that time? BTW, my mom taught at a feeder school (Jefferson) to West High.

Graduated in '84. Played baseball with Sean Berry & Denny Hocking (both 10+ years in the bigs). Went to Jefferson for 1 year back in '79.

Wesley Walls graduated with my older brother.

Brent Smith (O line for Miami, and NYJ for a short while) graduated with my wife.

Thats about it though, it was a pretty small school.

You grew up in Burke? I went to West Springfield in the mid 90's.

I graduated mid 80s, roomed with a WSer in college, who was dating another one, coincidentally.

Ah, Rolling Road! The McDonald's, the Citgo with the cheapest gas in town, and the Grand Union down the street. Memories...

I graduated mid 80s, roomed with a WSer in college, who was dating another one, coincidentally.

Ah, Rolling Road! The McDonald's, the Citgo with the cheapest gas in town, and the Grand Union down the street. Memories...

Yeah ur old. I don't even recall the Grand Union.

Yeah ur old. I don't even recall the Grand Union.

turned into a super fresh, or something like that. I just remember them because they had some kind of sweepstakes horse race game, and their commercials (even in the 80s) were straight out of 1965.

But I bet you remember the Mickey D's, right? Unauthorized off-campus lunches? The Friday "where's the party" meetup spot?

Terry Tate :mellow:

:D "you finish the joe..you make some mo'" "pain train is coming..wooo-wooooo!!!!"

Taija Ray :D

Sylvester Stallone :mellow:

Taija Ray :dunno:

GB 80's pron stars :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: "you finish the joe..you make some mo'" "pain train is coming..wooo-wooooo!!!!"

"That ain't yo cake, Phillip, that's Simone's cake! You eat someone else's cake again and i'm gonna give you a slice of Terry's special pain cake, and you won't - want seconds of dat!"

:dunno:

Went to grade school with Ricky Schroeder for a little while, he rarely showed.

Hung out with Zach Wiegart -OL for the Texans in high school and early college. Pretty good guy to his friends, kind of a d1ck later in life. Don't know him now.

Taught Chris Klein in English class. Awesome kid.

:huh:

maybe you should actually read that bio.

Field of Dreams! :D Tin Cup, JFK..... I would think he would even cringe if he thought the first two movies thought of for him are The Bodyguard and one that he's not in.

just playing with you

:(

I do like Field of Dreams, just not big on him ;) lol, and I didn't even look at the Bio :cheers:

Joni Harms

In 2003, Harms was named Female Vocalist of the Year and accepted the award for Song of the Year from the Western Music Association. She is also a multiple winner of Academy of Western Artists Awards, including the top honor of Entertainer of the Year for 2002, and she continues building audiences through appearances on the famed Grand Ole Opry and a recent stint at New York City’s Carnegie Hall.

I never met her.

Shawn Kemp

Concord HS Northern Indiana

Everyone talks about how great Greg Oden is ( I agree) but I remember when Kemp played in High School. He was a man among boys. Great player.

God Bless Indiana High School basketball.

A few years before me:

Steve Bedrosian

Went to high school with:

Gary McLain (coked out starting point guard for '85 Villanova championship team)

Bob Merrill (bass player for Godsmack)

Anthony Taylor

Considered one of the best high school basketball players in Massachusetts history. One of the few to ever score 2,000 points in his high school career in the state (Dana Barros from Xaverian Brothers is another to accomplish he feat, you may have heard of him). At University of Miami Ohio, he was teammates with Wally Szczerbiak and Ira Newble. He was the starting point guard for their Sweet 16 run in 1999.

Keith Butler

I think I was a teammate of his for one or two junior varsity games before he joined the varsity team. One of the nation's top center prospects heading into college. He was on the team that won the Division III state championship in 1999 (but later had the title revoked when an investigation revealed one of the players was ineligible due to age). Butler went to Temple and started at center for them for 20 out of 30 games he's played in for them. He has since transferred to DePaul, where his brother Lamar played center.

You've never heard of either of these guys unless you follow college basketball closely. 

Even then, that might be a reach.

Taught Chris Klein in English class. Awesome kid.

Are you Mathew Broderic? You fixed the Election :thumbsup:

I've told this story before, but ever see Can't Buy Me Love? Patrick Dempsey, late 80's? That was filmed AT my High School, WHILE I went there. Revenge of the Nerds was also filmed in Tucson, at the University when I was in junior high, and I was even an extra on a show called Father Murphy as a kid, staring Merlin Olsen at Old Tucson Studios. I met him.

Anyway, let's see, John Denver and Linda Ronstadt also went to Tucson High, way before me obviously. I knew a guy, skater dude that was focking that blonde chick from Can't Buy Me Love. Lucky bastard.

Mike Rucker of the Carolina Panthers,however,I was gone by the time he played ball there.

I think Sean Elliot went to Amphi ... even though the Arizona hoops program is still good, it's rare to get a real home grown kid .... but I went to college with some guys that were pre-stars. Gilbert Arenas comes to mind.

Damn, you guys have had some big names go to your school. My school has 1500 kids in it, and that is down from 3000+ it had in the 70s, i never heard of any celeberties or sports figures.

But, i heard a story from a teacher who taught him of this kid who ended up butchering his mom and dad up in i think Alabama, i think he went ot my school, i forget his name. Send he was a quiet, good student, and no one ever expected anything close to this. Appearently it was over money or something.

Also, appearently a punk band from the 60s named MC5 hometown was in LP, and originated in the White Castle parking lot, i dunno if any of you guys have heard of them, i haven't.

Also, the high school was famous for making a dress code that basically made goth kids not wear goth cloths. I don't know if anyone remembers, in the year 2000, when i was in 5th grade, there was a hostage situation on the senior apartment high rise, that made bigtime world breaking news. A crazy 50 y/o just went nuts, shot and killed 2 seniors, including the mother of my 1st grade teacher. I rememeber all the schools were in lock down all day, it was pretty freaky.

I knew all 3 Bates Brothers. Marion, Michael and Mario. Marion was the older, tough kid, kinda father figure, and Michael was just an amzing athlete. Kept his nose clean. Good guy. Mario was a little banger. Hung out with the wrong crowd. Didn't he piss off some dude when he was a rookie, some big lineman, and he broke his jaw? Yeah ... Mario was bad news, but Michael was a stud.

Well, none recently i went to a catholic school in mason city with a graduating class of about 60...

so you have to go way back, but meredith wilson (wrote the musical called The Music Man) went to my school some 60 or 70 odd years ago (it was called St. Joe's back then) other than that we have a boring school...

oh besides the guy who invented cool whip for kraft... he went to my school too.. his last name is Oppy.

I knew all 3 Bates Brothers. Marion, Michael and Mario. Marion was the older, tough kid, kinda father figure, and Michael was just an amzing athlete. Kept his nose clean. Good guy. Mario was a little banger. Hung out with the wrong crowd. Didn't he piss off some dude when he was a rookie, some big lineman, and he broke his jaw? Yeah ... Mario was bad news, but Michael was a stud.

Holy shiat...is this the aftermath of that?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/2924/

Tim Dwight...what do you expect, it's Iowa? :dunno:

I win. Long Beach Poly HS

While I was there:

Sat next to Tiffany Amber Thiessan in Spanish for a semester

Ran in the same circle of friends as Cameron Diaz (she was a year older)

Willie McGinnest

Snoop Dogg (Calvin Broadus, he never showed up)

Warren G (see above)

Tyus Edney (ucla point guard on national championship team)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach_Po...#Notable_alumni