Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

check out this video

So what should his punishment be?

either offsetting penalties or 15 yards and loss of down for unsportsmanlike conduct.

either offsetting penalties or 15 yards and loss of down for unsportsmanlike conduct

and laps.....he didn't even wrap up on the tackle...but he did lead with his shoulders!

I think the guy needs to spend some time in jail. Completely inappropriate.

Wonder if this turns into a hate crime.

I think the guy needs to spend some time in jail. Completely inappropriate.

Wonder if this turns into a hate crime.

I wasn't sure how to address the racial makeup of these two teams.

He should be fired, probation and maybe some community service and that is it. Jail time is ridiculous.

The kid that committed the late hit should be suspended a game though.

It's just more evidence that people take sports way too focking seriously.

No kid deserves to be hit by some cracked out fan that felt like charging onto the field. Now if the kid pulls out a knife after the late hit and begins to stab the guy he just knocked down, sure go ahead and floor him. Lock the guy away for a night, and let the kid get one clean shot on the guy. One thing is certain, the kid will never cheap shot an opponent again.

If your sons coach or the opposing teams coach did that to your son (whether you were there of not) wouldnt you go after that coach ? Yeah it was a late hit but the mutherf-ucker was 36 years old and went after a kid ??? Trust me - he would of been better off in jail then me getting to him :pointstosky:

I'd need some background before making a decision.

Was the big kid cheap shotting the guy's son the entire game? Had they played before? Was there a history?

Did the coach/father say something earlier to the ref and it was ignored?

Until I know some of these answers, I cannot make a judgement.

I'd need some background before making a decision.

Was the big kid cheap shotting the guy's son the entire game? Had they played before? Was there a history?

Did the coach/father say something earlier to the ref and it was ignored?

Until I know some of these answers, I cannot make a judgement.

dammit newbie. Its 2006 for gosh sakes. You are supposed to make snap judgements using as little information as possible and then feel obligated to defend your position in the face of actual factual evidence and logic despite glaring holes in your arguments. :blink:

From my rugby days I can add that it is extremely satisfying to hit a much smaller player especially when they aren't expecting it. I think a felony is a bit extreme but the guy should at least have to go to a tackling clinic. He needed to get lower, lead with the shoulder, wrap up and then drive the kid into dirt.

Depends on his priors. If he has a history of anger management issues, I would think that some time in the clink might wake him up.

Otherwise, he is banned from all kids sporting events for 2 years, probation for 5, and the kid gets to punch him in the nuts. :blink:

While I certainly don't condone the actions of the coach/father, I personally think the cries for jail time are a bit excessive. He was wrong and his actions certainly warrant punishment. Coaches/parents are supposed to set an example. He clearly set a very poor one by showing that in his eyes it is OK to retaliate. Late hits happen. They are part of all contact sports. Should they be punished or penalized? Absolutely and that is why there are referees/umpires. They are there to mete out the appropriate penalties and see that if the violation is egregious enough it is dealt with by higher ups in the league disciplinary system. However, for a coah/parent to take into his/her own hands that punishment and in turn do what this one did is way out of line and certainly does warrant some sort of punitive action. I just think jail time is a little over the top.

I caught a brief clip of an interview on Today with the family of the child who delivered the late hit and I do have to say that the interview disgusted me a bit. The mother kept clamoring about the fact that the late hit is irrelevant and she couldn't understand why people kept bringing it up. You could be certain that first off if it were my kid yes, I would be very upset. Second, I wouldn't be on the Today show about it. Third, if it were my kid that delivered the late hit he would certainly receive a talking to about that.

He should be fired, probation and maybe some community service and that is it. Jail time is ridiculous.

The kid that committed the late hit should be suspended a game though.

Add to that, never being alowed to work with children again.

looks like the kid deserved it :D

How can that guy call himself a coach when clearly he clipped the kid in the back. Where's the form? Where's the proper hip drive? Didn't he see the "stop" sign on the kid's back? 15 yard penalty and the coach has to stand in the corner of the endzone timeout style. It's embarrassing what these guys are teaching our young football players.

I thought it was hilarious, I saw it on Around The Horn :cheers:

I have no idea what the guy was thinking, but I thank him for a good laugh.

How do we know that same kid had already done the same thing several times during the game? How do we know the kid was dirty in a prior game? We don't, so let's not judge this guy. Maybe he was trying to teach him a lesson that went a little too far?

I would think that some time in the drink might wake him up.

:huh:

but I thank him for a good laugh.

The funny part, (if any) was how far the kid slid.

Wow! Talk about pussification of America. People are calling for jail time, never work with kids again, etc... LOL!

Proper response: Other kids dad or coach comes out and we have a dad-fight. Pushing, shoving, shouting. Then, get back to the game and go have ice cream. End of story.

Do all these people that want jail time for every instance this minor in America want one of the 500 extra jails in their backyard? Do they want higher taxes to hire the thousands of extra prosecuters to investigate everything this minor? Give me a break!

I didn't say it's right. It's just that the government doesn't need to be involved here.

Ray Lewis is witness to a murder and doesn't testify and you want THIS guy throw in jail? The kid wasn't even hurt. :bench:

If your sons coach or the opposing teams coach did that to your son (whether you were there of not) wouldnt you go after that coach ? Yeah it was a late hit but the mutherf-ucker was 36 years old and went after a kid ??? Trust me - he would of been better off in jail then me getting to him :bench:

Would I go after the coach? Possibly. Most of my anger would be towards my kid for disrespecting his opponent with that VERY late hit.

All I can think when I see this video is I want to see the rest.

no doubt here :thumbsdown:

as far as what happened....i think the guy should be punished....a felony...hmm i dont know abou that, not like he raped an underaged girl or anything...

If the kid is fine - 3-12 months in jail. If not, longer.

If that was my kid, that guy would be joining me in jail after he got out of the hospital.

How do we know that same kid had already done the same thing several times during the game? How do we know the kid was dirty in a prior game? We don't, so let's not judge this guy. Maybe he was trying to teach him a lesson that went a little too far?

Your stupidity continues to amaze. You frequently b!tch about the pussification of kids sports but then applaud when daddy runs on the field and assaults a 13 year old kid because his kid was the victim of a late hit. That kind of sounds like the definition of pussification to me.

Wow! Talk about pussification of America. People are calling for jail time, never work with kids again, etc... LOL!

Proper response: Other kids dad or coach comes out and we have a dad-fight. Pushing, shoving, shouting. Then, get back to the game and go have ice cream. End of story.

Do all these people that want jail time for every instance this minor in America want one of the 500 extra jails in their backyard? Do they want higher taxes to hire the thousands of extra prosecuters to investigate everything this minor? Give me a break!

I didn't say it's right. It's just that the government doesn't need to be involved here.

there'd be plenty of room once we let all the potheads go.

Did I miss the first few seconds of video or something? How could you tell the hit was late just from that video? It begins with the one kid hitting the other so there's no way to know how late the hit was.

Did I miss the first few seconds of video or something? How could you tell the hit was late just from that video? It begins with the one kid hitting the other so there's no way to know how late the hit was.

The kids in the pile in the background look to already be getting up when the hit takes place. It looks pretty late.