Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

***Official "I'm Starting Thomas Jones Over _____" thread**

With his great matchup (against Green Bay) and the way the Bears front office slapped him in the face by naming Benson starter after the great year he had in '05, I' m moving Jones up my depth chart and into a starting role this week.

Running backs I chose before him, but are on the pine this week:

Clinton Portis

Mike Bell

Who else is starting TJ and over whom?

I would have started him over Willie Parker, but decided against it because I was already a 14 point favorite over the team I'm facing week 1 and it gives me a reason to watch the Thursday night game.

I would have started him over Willie Parker, but decided against it because I was already a 14 point favorite over the team I'm facing week 1 and it gives me a reason to watch the Thursday night game.

:blink: (I do this, too)

The beer and chicken wings taste better when you have a guy going during the prime time game.

THOMAS JONES

over

LAMONT JORDAN!!!!!

you heard it here first... Even if TJ loses a few carries to Benson this week, he's still playing an attrocious GB defense while Lamont is playing an SD team where he didn't get 100 total yards in 2 games combined last year...

Thomas Jones over Brian Westbrook, maybe..??

My running backs are:

Ronnie Brown

Brian Westbrook

Thomas Jones

Wali Lundy

Brandon Jacobs

Not really over anybody :(

S. Jackson

T. Jones

Flex-T. Bell

Got Benson and S. Davis, just in case. Hoping Norwood pans out or Taintum Bell can get a stranglehold on the #1RB spot mile high. I suck. :(

THOMAS JONES

over

LAMONT JORDAN!!!!!

you heard it here first... Even if TJ loses a few carries to Benson this week, he's still playing an attrocious GB defense while Lamont is playing an SD team where he didn't get 100 total yards in 2 games combined last year...

Still debating this one also. I currently have TJ in the line-up, but that could change be Sunday. In my re-draft I am starting TJ over Warrick Dunn!

THOMAS JONES

over

STEPHAN JACKSON. :lol:

this will be the only time I bench him this year.

I'm probably benching Jones in favor of FWP...

My RB2 spot is Westbrook, Jones, or FWP....any thoughts? Right now I have in FWP..but I'm debating Thomas Jones until gametime tonight...

Thomas Jones over Brian Westbrook, maybe..??

My running backs are:

Ronnie Brown

Brian Westbrook

Thomas Jones

Wali Lundy

Brandon Jacobs

I have the same choice at running back and went with Westbrook over Jones . Westbrook is healthy and playing an equaly bad Texans defense. Also my league gives points for receptions and rec yards so its westbrook. Otherwise I would go with Jones.

Thomas Jones over Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander and Jim Focking Brown (flex). :blink:

I understand starting him over Alexander and Jim Brown but over LJ are you insane man. :D

THOMAS JONES

over

LAMONT JORDAN!!!!!

Same here for me - Jordan's matchup does not help.

THOMAS JONES

over

LAMONT JORDAN!!!!!

:clap:

I posted the same thing yesterday (maybe earlier), but I'm on board with this.

Starting Thomas Jones & Westbrook over Lamont Jordan this week.

I am considering benching Willis MaGhee to start TJ. Not sure yet and would welcome any opinions!!

not "official" yet, but thinking of starting him over westbrook and foster :banana:

T. Jones is slotted to start over D. Foster.

This is tough though cause Foster Blew Up Vs Atl last season.

I am also starting T. Jones over Warrick Dunn in league #3.

I am starting him over L. Maroney, D. Rhodes, Matt Jones in my Flexx spot in league #2 PPR.

Give me any reasons why these are the wrong choices. .......