Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

"Sellers should cut the price and not be greedy"

Pay attention to what nearby homes are selling for, not what you think your house is worth.

Link

Translation.....stop trying to fock people over by charging vastly more than your house is worth :D

Link

Translation.....stop trying to fock people over by charging vastly more than your house is worth :D

What's wrong with people wanting to get maximum return on their investment?

Link

Translation.....stop trying to fock people over by charging vastly more than your house is worth ;)

Interesting. But I'll charge whatever I want and whatever happens, happens. :huh:

What's wrong with people wanting to get maximum return on their investment?

Because their efforts to do so have shut out teachers, police officers, firemen and others, and further, their pricing is not reflective of their actual value. Hopefully, they can never sell.....

Interesting. But I'll charge whatever I want and whatever happens, happens. :huh:

You stay strong bruh, kudos to you.....of course.... you arent alone after all....

Roxy Allen, 54, listed her four-bedroom house in Littleton, Colorado, for sale in May. She dropped the price once to $339,900 from $352,000 and has refused to go lower

;)

She hasn't received a single offer.
:banana:

Because their efforts to do so have shut out teachers, police officers, firemen and others, and further, their pricing is not reflective of their actual value. Hopefully, they can never sell.....

yeah it sucks, but they'll have to settle for homes that are in their budget. Or they'll have to rent. Since when is it every person's right to own the home that they want? I would love to own a Lamborghini, but should I b1tch and moan because I can't afford one and petition for the luxury car makers to drop their prices? Yeah I know a home is different than a Lamborghini, but I think you see my point. I tip my hat to the people that can sell their homes for close to double what they paid for only after a few years. It's called investing your money very wisely.

yeah it sucks, but they'll have to settle for homes that are in their budget. Or they'll have to rent. Since when is it every person's right to own the home that they want? I would love to own a Lamborghini, but should I b1tch and moan because I can't afford one and petition for the luxury car makers to drop their prices? Yeah I know a home is different than a Lamborghini, but I think you see my point. I tip my hat to the people that can sell their homes for close to double what they paid for only after a few years. It's called investing your money very wisely.

It more than sucks, it places the rest of us in harms way as these individuals escape to areas where the housing is not over inflated. Its not as though they cannot afford theuir mansion, they cannot afford to even rent in some areas.

People who bloat their house prices to cash out on it are screwing more than just the buyers, and thanks to people with your ignorant attitude the market is getting ready to blow and with it a bunch of jobs, hopefully.....your is one of them, but then again, you have no right to "b!tch" do you? :ninja:

People who bloat their house prices to cash out on it are screwing more than just the buyers

There's this new fad called capitalism. Hop on the bandwagon, you commie pig :ninja:

There's this new fad called capitalism. Hop on the bandwagon, you commie pig :(

Capitalism + realism = fair market value :P

Or.....does the cost of gasoline seem just about right to you :ninja: :D

It more than sucks, it places the rest of us in harms way as these individuals escape to areas where the housing is not over inflated. Its not as though they cannot afford theuir mansion, they cannot afford to even rent in some areas.

People who bloat their house prices to cash out on it are screwing more than just the buyers, and thanks to people with your ignorant attitude the market is getting ready to blow and with it a bunch of jobs, hopefully.....your is one of them, but then again, you have no right to "b!tch" do you? :doublethumbsup:

Was the booming real estate market over the past 8 years just something you heard about now? Do you currently own a home? I suppose that if you do, then you would sell for less than market value, right? What kind of world do you live in where you think that people aren't going to sell their homes for as much as they possibly can. Seriously, are you just bitter?

How does this place me in harm's way? If anything, it makes my neighborhood safer as all the po' folk gotsta' move somewhere else. ;)

People who bloat their house prices to cash out on it are screwing more than just the buyers, and thanks to people with your ignorant attitude the market is getting ready to blow and with it a bunch of jobs, hopefully.....your is one of them, but then again, you have no right to "b!tch" do you? :doublethumbsup:

Yeah...the market has nothing to do w/all those people who agreed to pay outrageous prices for homes that they couldn't really afford, but were able to get a no/low interest ARM that has now come due, right? :D

Was the booming real estate market over the past 8 years just something you heard about now? Do you currently own a home? I suppose that if you do, then you would sell for less than market value, right? What kind of world do you live in where you think that people aren't going to sell their homes for as much as they possibly can. Seriously, are you just bitter?

Actually, the boom was considered to have begun in 2000, not in 1998. Further, when I sold my home to build a new one I sold it below what others were asking, I used a fair price, not a bloated one.

I am bitter because I see the exodus of teachers, police officers and fireman that place my family in an increasingly poor situation. Yes, quite bitter about it. I can afford to stay here, but those who keep us safe, teach out children cannot, and I am very bitter about it.

What you seem to lack comprehension of is how markets shoudl operate, household population density, the going interest rate on conventional mortgages, relative income, and a "constant" that controls for historical differences in price-to-income ratios. Had you had the slightest clue on this topic perhaps you could avoid statements with merit or basis in reality :D

How does this place me in harm's way? If anything, it makes my neighborhood safer as all the po' folk gotsta' move somewhere else. ;)

Yeah...the market has nothing to do w/all those people who agreed to pay outrageous prices for homes that they couldn't really afford, but were able to get a no/low interest ARM that has now come due, right? ;)

Well, I never really thoguht of police, firemen and EMT's as "gansta thugs", but I sure would not want to be without them.... :dunno:

I hope those who DID purchase into these overpriced homes using the balloon ARM's are out on the street, and would consider it karma that their contributions to the overpriced market came back to them :doublethumbsup:

:D

I agree, and though I am enthralled by the prospect of realtors going hungry, sellers being reasonable and builders ending their reigh of horror, there are other factors to consider.

Right now the building supply industry is going through a tough time. Its muted, but growing, before this is over many good hard working people might lose their jobs. It's a terrible price to pay because the government wanted to end the recession and builders wanted to exploit the overheated market.

I feel sorry for those cats, but those who participated in it and continue to try to gouge people for prices well above the real value of their house, I hope they choke on their own vomit :dunno:

Actually, the boom was considered to have begun in 2000, not in 1998. Further, when I sold my home to build a new one I sold it below what others were asking, I used a fair price, not a bloated one.

I am bitter because I see the exodus of teachers, police officers and fireman that place my family in an increasingly poor situation. Yes, quite bitter about it. I can afford to stay here, but those who keep us safe, teach out children cannot, and I am very bitter about it.

What you seem to lack comprehension of is how markets shoudl operate, household population density, the going interest rate on conventional mortgages, relative income, and a "constant" that controls for historical differences in price-to-income ratios. Had you had the slightest clue on this topic perhaps you could avoid statements with merit or basis in reality :D

Well, I never really thoguht of police, firemen and EMT's as "gansta thugs", but I sure would not want to be without them.... :dunno:

Your the one who is out of touch with reality buddy. You're hoping that everyone is gonna sell their homes for below market value? Get this through your head, it's not going to happen. So basically you got screwed selling your home and you are pissed because everyone else is makin' a killing now. I'm guessing that you were between a rock and hard place and had to sell, because I don't know anybody that is somewhat intelligible and would take less than what they could get. I live in New York, so I do happen to know a little about how the real estate market works, thanks. Not sure if you went to college ( I'm guessing not) but if you did, you would know that this so-called "real estate phenomenon" :D that has occurred over the last couple of years ( and you just don't seemed to grasp this concept) was nothing more than simple supply and demand

Your the one who is out of touch with reality buddy. You're hoping that everyone is gonna sell their homes for below market value? Get this through your head, it's not going to happen. So basically you got screwed selling your home and you are pissed because everyone else is makin' a killing now. I'm guessing that you were between a rock and hard place and had to sell, because I don't know anybody that is somewhat intelligible and would take less than what they could get. I live in New York, so I do happen to know a little about how the real estate market works, thanks. Not sure if you went to college ( I'm guessing not) but if you did, you would know that this so-called "real estate phenomenon" :lol: that has occurred over the last couple of years ( and you just don't seemed to grasp this concept) was nothing more than simple supply and demand

I want to put this as delicately as possible.....you are stupid, not a flame/name calling thing, just an observation.....

If you did get an education at the college level I think they owe you a refund, and since University of Phoenix does not give them I think you might be stuck.

You made no effort to address the legitimate assertions, or reply to my linked references to the slowing market, therefore you must have no argument. You disagree, which is fine, but offer nothing more than a simplistic statement toward supply and demand.

While your rudimentar understanding of the market and economy might get you buy playing Halo online, it does not hold water here against facts. You should try to learn a little more before interjecting with your superiors... ;)

So, you think people should settle for less than they can get for their homes in an effort artificially regulate the value of property in their towns...just so people who perform jobs that don't pay the best can afford to live in the towns that they work in? :lol:

That is ;)

I mean, where do you draw the line? Should every town have a Hoity Toity Lane where all the professionals live? How about Blue Collar Drive where all the working class folks live? Maybe a Fast Food Road where all the fry guys live?

Better yet, why not just forgoe the burden of property ownership altogether and just put flowers in our hair and dance around the campfire in one big commune?

I've always figured a house was worth whatever someone was willing to pay for it. :lol:

Many Firemen in the LA area make 125+ grand a year due to overtime and their union. I'm pretty sure they can afford a house.

I am very curious as to how all of the lower socio-economic people who cannot prosper in a bull market, are suddenly going to prosper in a bear market. Do you honestly think that wages for lower incomes will continue to rise when upper classes start losing money?

If/when I decide to sell my house, I'll be sure to get every focking penny I can.

not sure why this is such a bad or novel idea.

:lol:

I've always figured a house was worth whatever someone was willing to pay for it. ;)

You're right, but RLLD doesn't understand this concept.

I want to put this as delicately as possible.....you are stupid, not a flame/name calling thing, just an observation.....

If you did get an education at the college level I think they owe you a refund, and since University of Phoenix does not give them I think you might be stuck.

You made no effort to address the legitimate assertions, or reply to my linked references to the slowing market, therefore you must have no argument. You disagree, which is fine, but offer nothing more than a simplistic statement toward supply and demand.

While your rudimentar understanding of the market and economy might get you buy playing Halo online, it does not hold water here against facts. You should try to learn a little more before interjecting with your superiors... :lol:

Dude, bottom line is that you took less for your home then what's it's worth and you think that you made an awesome decision. Do you really think this was a great idea? If you can't agree with me, then you are truly dumber than I originally thought. Why can't you just admit that you are bitter because other people made a lot of money and you didn't. Can you do that? You keep talking about how karma is gonna bite people in the ass because they are profiting off the sales of their homes. Are you fockin' kiddin me? I wonder what other smart investments you are making with you family's money. Boy, they're a lucky bunch to have you at helm of the finances. :lol:

the "inflated" house prices have helped the economy. It has allowed home owners to spend more by using the equity that their homes have afforded them. Sure, some borrowed and spent foolishly while other did so wisely; but that really isn't the debate.

The fact is that booming home values put a lot of extra money into consumers' pockets and they spent it.

And while house prices are certainly coming down, they're not completely bottoming out, and they won't as long as the job market stays steady.

I can't tell if RLLD is just really dumb or really bitter that he and his family are poor.

:unsure: :lol: Exactly

RLLD: Yes, I am asking $400,00 for the sale of my home sir

Prospective Buyer: Will you take $395,000 Mr. RLLD ?

RLLD: Well, gee, I dunno.......er, ummm

Prospective Buyer: Ok, well what about $350,000 ?

RLLD: Sold !!!!!

stop trying to fock people over by charging vastly more than your house is worth :D

I didn't know you charged someone for buying your house. I thought you asked for a buyer based on a price. :blink:

I hope those who DID purchase into these overpriced homes using the balloon ARM's are out on the street, and would consider it karma that their contributions to the overpriced market came back to them :blink:

You're really sounding like a jerk there at the end of your message. You hope people are out on the street? What kind of attitude is that?

Look, for as long as people have bought and sold homes, sellers have sold for as much as they could and buyers have paid as little as they could. There is nothing new in this and there is nothing "unfair" about it.

I hope those who DID purchase into these overpriced homes using the balloon ARM's are out on the street, and would consider it karma that their contributions to the overpriced market came back to them :blink:

You're really sounding like a jerk there at the end of your message. You hope people are out on the street? What kind of attitude is that?

Look, for as long as people have bought and sold homes, sellers have sold for as much as they could and buyers have paid as little as they could. There is nothing new in this and there is nothing "unfair" about it.

RLLD: My house is for sale, I'll charge you $30K for it.

Buyer: You realize that the homes around you are asking $150K, don't you?

RLLD: Yes but the cost to build the house would be about $30K, that's what I'm charging. I don't want to be a douche.

------------------------------------------------

RLLD: I really like this house, I'd like to buy it.

Seller: OK, I'm going to charge you $300K.

RLLD: But this house should be worth less.

Seller: Nope, I'm charging $300K, that's it.

RLLD: Ugh, you're focking me over. OK, sold.

Umm, if I own something and want to sell it, I will do so at whatever price I want. Anyone who doesn't like can go ###### themselves.

If you sell your house for less than you can get you are

1. Much nicer than me (which is likely)

and/or

2. completely retarded

Add me to the growing list of "wtf is RLLD talking about". :blink:

First I thought he was just ranting... now that we know he's serious, what the fock is in the water in Bmore?

And WTF does "bruh" mean?

Me thinks RLLD won't show up in here after the whooping he took

...their pricing is not reflective of their actual value.

Actually, your house is worth exactly what you can sell it for in a reasonable amount of time under normal circumstances. It's called market value. HTH.

There goes that $5,000 Rusty Syringes made on his house during the 5-year housing boom.

There goes that $5,000 Rusty Syringes made on his house during the 5-year housing boom.

But it is on wheels, so he can just tow it to a neighborhood with higher growth. :ninja:

First I thought he was just ranting... now that we know he's serious, what the fock is in the water in Bmore?

hey the water's fine... baltimore has 'tards just like everyplace else. this guy just happens to be one of them. :D

hey the water's fine... baltimore has 'tards just like everyplace else. i just happens to be one of them. :headbanger:

Goes without saying, you dont need to advertise yourself any further :dunno:

I take it its rays turn in the rotation of focking crybabys ? Strike passed the torch ?

Nah, I am enjoying this all too much to be crying, I find it amusing that there is a new article everyday.

The best part is that you have so many financial analysts saying the same thing as the guy I quoted, but realtors and sellers are in absolute denial. The builders arent, but the rest of them are.

You might see something in your line of work as well in the coming months, hopefully it doesnt hurt you, but the forecasts are pretty dismal right now

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that RLLD is a democrat.