Sign in to follow this  
patweisers44

Dad just diagnosed with Cancer

Just got off the phone with my stepmom and she informed me that my dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. he had been having some serious back pain recently and after a serious of blood tests and an MRI this is what they came up with. Awaiting further tests to determine how soon it was caught/course of action.

All i can say is fock. I am not a deeply religious guy, but sometimes you gotta have someone or something to ask "Why me?" In the last couple years i have lost my wife, my cousin that was like my brother (he was my best man, etc) and another really close friend all under the age of 40.

My dad is 66 and i know that no diagnosis is fatal, but i am really getting tired of dealing with this cancer shiot.

Sorry for the rant...that is all.

:unsure:

I'm very sorry Pat. Keep your chin up and keep him fighting.

You know me, I'm not much of a prayer guy. but I can give you much thoughts. :unsure:

You know me, I'm not much of a prayer guy.

Really? You've been so low-key about it. :unsure:

Really? You've been so low-key about it. :unsure:

Hey, I'm doing what I can!!!!

Funny how edjr posts this as his "patweisers" alias name so he will get some message board sympathy after he has been a tool to everyone about the same thing he is doing.

:banana:

Irony

Funny how edjr posts this as his "patweisers" alias name so he will get some message board sympathy after he has been a tool to everyone about the same thing he is doing.

you have problems.

Sorry to hear that. :lol:

My father passed away 5 years ago this past August (on my wedding night, in fact) of renal carcinoma. I don't wish cancer on anyone. It doesn't just take the person afflicted, it takes a piece of everyone who cares about that person as well.

Here's to hoping your dad can beat it. :(

:rolleyes:

Karma is a funny thing isn't it?

Hope your dad beats this so he can whip some sense into you

:cheers:

So sorry Pat. I am a proud praying man and will gladly include you in my family prayers. God Bless.

Guest Davaco

thats tough. but lots of people dont make it to 66. my dad died at 54

try and be positive :dunno:

Guest Black Label Society

Sorry to hear that man. Keep some faith in medicine my man. Hopefully they'll give him a fighting chance.

Keep your chin up.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

:ninja:

My dad has beaten bladder cancer, prostate cancer and all kinds of clogged arteries, so hopefully modern medicine will be able to cure him.

Multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cell, is an incurable but treatable disease.
:bench:

While a myeloma diagnosis can be overwhelming, it is important to remember that there are several promising new therapies that are helping patients live longer, healthier lives. The estimated frequency of multiple myeloma is 5-6 new cases per 100,000 persons per year
:lol:

Source

I hope your dad feels better.... :doh:

I'm sorry to hear about your father. Cancer is prevalent in my family. It's not easy to cope with the treatment, but I'm sure your support will help him through.

- T.H.

I've told this story several times here so sorry for the old news, but almost two years ago my mom had stage 3 gallbladder cancer and was basically given 6 months to live. Going on two years later she has no signs of disease and just flew out to visit us and her cousins.

Stay strong and positive for your dad and your family. :(

T & P Pat and remember, With all the testing on cats, dogs and other in-humane activities, technology and drugs have evolved and have produced multiple drugs that help people fight this. Have faith buddy :wacko:

There's a Tim McGraw song, "Live like you were Dying." It's a song about a son coping with his father's cancer diagnosis. I think you would find it uplifting and give you some perspective on supporting your dad. (It was country music song of the year last year, very popular).

T&P Pat. My dad is recovering from throat cancer (never smoked or used tobacco), toughest thing I've ever watched somebody go through, but he's done it, the tough ba$tard.

Having met patweisers he's a decent guy even challenged me to fight.. I think, dunno I was getting pretty drunk

Anyway if I could, I would punch cancer in the face in front of its wife (tumor) and kids (Bird Flu & Malaria) for you and your dad.

GL man and next time we meet I'm buying you a beer

Also I'm going to whoop your ass again this week

CDub3.0 90 vs Prison Sex 63 GET READY FOR THE PAIN!!!!