Sign in to follow this  
TheEaglesFan

Ketchup on HotDogs?

Ive heard this argument, someone tell me why its wrong to put ketchup on a hot dog. New Yorkers im talking to you.

i heard this argument on Mike and Mike in the morning

Yeah, I heard Greeney say this as well. I just think he needed a couple 'hates' to throw in before saying the prevent defense, and Golic called him out on it. Ketchup is a staple hot-dog condiment. If he wants to stick to his guns on 'hating' those that put ketchup on dogs, he's going to get a LOT of flack for it.

I have no problem with ketchup on hot dogs. This generally is a New York thing and is nothing more than someone trying to be some kind of hot dog snob.

This in it's simplest form is stupid cause its a focking hot dog. WHo cares what goes on it? Some of these idiots argue it to the same degree of whether you should drink whitr or red wine with fish.

Sheesh.

Not putting ketchup on stuff is unamerican.

Most of the people I know who put ketchup on their hotdogs are under 10 years of age. Just saying. :wall:

I only eat hot dogs if I have ketchup. I've never heard this argument before. :wall:

I have no problem with ketchup on hot dogs. This generally is a New York thing and is nothing more than someone trying to be some kind of hot dog snob.

This in it's simplest form is stupid cause its a focking hot dog. WHo cares what goes on it? Some of these idiots argue it to the same degree of whether you should drink whitr or red wine with fish.

Sheesh.

Its a very Chicago thing too. I moved to Chicago and I put ketchup on my hot dog and I 've had plenty of comments from Chicago guys.

Down here in Texor, most of the burger joints I've been to won't put ketchup on your burger.

- Many DO however, put mayonaise. To which, I subscribe the following beliefs:

"I'm gonna keep the coke and the fries but I'm gonna send this burger back. And if you put any mayonnaise on it, I'm gonna come over to your house, I'll chop your legs off, set fire to your house, and watch as you drag your bloody stumps out the door. "

"Every red-blooded American knows that the only condiment that you are ever supposed to put on a hamburger is KETCHUP! Or MAYBE some of that SPECIAL SAUCE you like so much here in Canada; which I think has a little bit of mayonnaise in it too! But I swear to God when they start slapping that mayonnaise on there I could kill somebody."

Down here in Texor, most of the burger joints I've been to won't put ketchup on your burger.

Thanks Bruce...or should I say....Jimmy.

Where the fock do you eat your burgers?

Everyone knows Mustard is what makes a Texas Whopper/Whataburger the real deal Texor hamburger.

Back on topic. I love ketchup and mustard on a hot dog, but Chicago style cucumbers/salad /whatever on a dog is focking gross.

I remember using Ketchup on 'dogs when I was a kid, I haven't done that in a very long time.

if I'm at the ballpark I'll put mustard, onions and little relish, at home just mustard.

I like to point out that beef hot dogs are gay. Turkey hot dogs are the way to go. :lol:

I like to point out that beef hot dogs are gay. Turkey hot dogs are the way to go. :lol:

turkey products are good stuff. I like turkey pepperoni

Heinz ketchup is the nectar of the Gods. :lol:

Everyone knows Mustard is what makes a Texas Whopper/Whataburger the real deal Texor hamburger.

Back on topic. I love ketchup and mustard on a hot dog, but Chicago style cucumbers/salad /whatever on a dog is focking gross.

A Chicago hot dog will destroy any hotdog, from anywhere else, every time.

Ketchup(by request) mustard, green colored relish, onions, tomato slices, pickle, jalapeno peppers, celery salt on a poppy seeded, steamed hot dog bun.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!

All we eat these days: turkey dogs, ground turkey, turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni, etc.

Yes, I love spicey turkey sausage. :banana:

we eat mostly chicken and turkey products too

Turkey yogurt and turkey bagels are also especially nice (with a liiiittle bit of turkey butter)

Ketchup(by request) mustard, green colored relish, onions, tomato slices, pickle, jalapeno peppers, celery salt on a poppy seeded, steamed hot dog bun.....OH YEAH!!!!!!!

You like a little hot dog with your condiments??

On the other hand maybe if you put enough shtuff on the hot dog you won't be able to taste it. :banana:

You like a little hot dog with your condiments??

On the other hand maybe if you put enough shtuff on the hot dog you won't be able to taste it. :doublethumbsup:

No no no!! It all starts with a Vienna all beef natural skin hot dog that snaps when you bite it.

Also steamed--not boiled(they do that her in Detroit--YUCK).

Those dogs can be eaten plain with just a bun if you want.

The combination of a steaming hot dog and bun, with the cool condiments on top.

Jeebus I want one NOW

Where can you get THIS??

Are you referring to Superdog?

Where can you get THIS??

In Evanston, IL there is a little hot dog stand called The Little Island..Off Crawford and Central aves. Best ###### hotdog you could ever eat.

Both Christian's and Lankford (trade off yearly for best burger in town) do the mayo / mustard thing. They won't even put Ketchup on it if you ask them!

I like Chicago dog every once in a while for a change, but there's just too damn much on it to make it convenient. - Might as well just get a focking side salad with your dog.

Agreed with the natural skin all beef - It kicks the crap out every dog I've ever eaten. The stores here used to carry "Wrangler" dogs from Hormel what were this way. Supposedly, HEB still does. I miss those dogs.

Turkey jerky kicks butt too. Tastes just as good if not better and a whole lot healthier. - My stores stopped carrying that too.

- It's like they don't want me around anymore... :mad:

He's referring to any real Chicago hot dog. I may run across the street to Portillo's now.

ketchup on dogs is for kids. any adult who would do this would also eat their own boogers - this is un-scientific of course. :P