Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

Ten Reasons why the Gators Should Play OSU

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2684345

1. Florida beat nine teams that are projected to play in bowl games. Michigan beat six.

2. Michigan beat five teams that finished the season with losing records. Florida beat two teams with sub-.500 records.

3. Florida's 12 Division I-A opponents had a combined record of 89-57. Michigan's 12 opponents had a combined record of 84-61.

4. Michigan's best win is considered a 27-13 victory over Wisconsin on Sept. 23. The Badgers are 11-1 and have climbed to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 poll, despite having played only one ranked opponent -- the Wolverines -- the entire season.

5. The 12 teams Florida defeated finished the season with 11 combined wins against opponents which were ranked in the AP Top 25 poll at the time the game was played. The opponents Michigan defeated claim just three wins against ranked teams (Notre Dame beat Penn State. Indiana beat Iowa. Vanderbilt beat Georgia. The Nittany Lions, Hawkeyes and Bulldogs, it should be noted, haven't been ranked in seven weeks).

6. The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8 Arkansas and losing at No. 11 Auburn. The Wolverines went 1-1 against ranked opponents, beating a highly overrated No. 2 Notre Dame team (that lost to Michigan and USC by a combined total of 46 points) and losing at No. 1 Ohio State 42-39 on Nov. 18.

7. The Gators' average margin of victory against Division I-A teams was 13.5 points. They won seven games by 14 points or fewer, six by less than 10. The Wolverines' average margin of victory was 17.3 points. They won six games by 14 points or fewer, two by less than 10.

8. The Gators played Western Carolina, a Division I-AA team, and won by 62 points. The Wolverines played Ball State, which should be a I-AA team, and won by eight.

9. Since the Wolverines last played and lost at Ohio State, the Gators won at Florida State (The Seminoles are 6-6, but rivalry games are tough to win. Just ask USC coach Pete Carroll) and then beat the No. 8 Razorbacks, who defeated then-No. 2 Auburn and No. 13 Tennessee by 17 points each.

10. Michigan didn't win the Big Ten; Florida won the SEC. Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for playing in the national championship.

Hey Little Blue fans, don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions... :D

lol...those are all good reasons, but the BCS is the BCS, and they are going to rig it to turn out what people want to see, and that is a OS-MU rematch!!!!!! ratings are what drive the BCS, so you betterhope the overnights for the FLa/Ark game were through the roof, I hghly doubt it though!!!

:banana: :cry: :blink:

For those that missed it....Here are the inner thoughts of FLACOCKER....

Should I suck off Leak?? :blink:

Or should I suck off Tebow?? :cry:

Or Both??

YES BOTH! :banana:

Nuff said??? What is that? Some kind of southern hillbilly thing?

1. Florida beat nine teams that are projected to play in bowl games. Michigan beat six.

2. Michigan beat five teams that finished the season with losing records. Florida beat two teams with sub-.500 records.

3. Florida's 12 Division I-A opponents had a combined record of 89-57. Michigan's 12 opponents had a combined record of 84-61.

4. Michigan's best win is considered a 27-13 victory over Wisconsin on Sept. 23. The Badgers are 11-1 and have climbed to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 poll, despite having played only one ranked opponent -- the Wolverines -- the entire season.

5. The 12 teams Florida defeated finished the season with 11 combined wins against opponents which were ranked in the AP Top 25 poll at the time the game was played. The opponents Michigan defeated claim just three wins against ranked teams (Notre Dame beat Penn State. Indiana beat Iowa. Vanderbilt beat Georgia. The Nittany Lions, Hawkeyes and Bulldogs, it should be noted, haven't been ranked in seven weeks).

6. The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8 Arkansas and losing at No. 11 Auburn. The Wolverines went 1-1 against ranked opponents, beating a highly overrated No. 2 Notre Dame team (that lost to Michigan and USC by a combined total of 46 points) and losing at No. 1 Ohio State 42-39 on Nov. 18.

7. The Gators' average margin of victory against Division I-A teams was 13.5 points. They won seven games by 14 points or fewer, six by less than 10. The Wolverines' average margin of victory was 17.3 points. They won six games by 14 points or fewer, two by less than 10.

8. The Gators played Western Carolina, a Division I-AA team, and won by 62 points. The Wolverines played Ball State, which should be a I-AA team, and won by eight.

9. Since the Wolverines last played and lost at Ohio State, the Gators won at Florida State (The Seminoles are 6-6, but rivalry games are tough to win. Just ask USC coach Pete Carroll) and then beat the No. 8 Razorbacks, who defeated then-No. 2 Auburn and No. 13 Tennessee by 17 points each.

10. Michigan didn't win the Big Ten; Florida won the SEC. Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for playing in the national championship.

Hey Little Blue fans, don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions... :blink:

You can state all the facts you want but the bottom line is that there should be a playoff or a play-in game with Michigan vs. Florida to see who should play OSU. Both teams are deserving in their own right and when you have to pick through little details like that, then it means that it is a crooked system.

I don't think you'll have to worry Flahawker about Florida getting in, you'll just have to worry when OSU smokes the Gators making the voters wish they would of put Michigan in that game. There's no doubt that Michigan - Ohio State would draw bigger ratings.

Florida should get a shot at duhO$U, since they won their conference and scUM already had their chance. But don't think for a second, Gator fans, that Michigan wouldn't push your team's sh!t in on a neutral field.

UM>>>UF.

at the end of the day, nobody from the bcs gives a rat's azz about you or your opinion so calm down on the threads. or merge all of them.

the end.

Hey Little Blue fans, don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions... :blink:

1. there are way too many bowl games anyways....when .500 teams get bids...it's ridiculous...so this does not matter...

2.Ok Fla gets it...but western carolina really shouldn't count...should they?

3. almost a wash...so the arguement at #2 holds no water....using this philosophy....If UM beat 5 sub 500 teams...and Fla just 2....then michigans wins over 500 teams would therefore be stronger opp's since they have a better winning %...and would be more impressive wins...

4.Fla's best win is LSU...who is #5...they also have 2 losses while Wisconsin only has 1...so what is your pt???

5.ok..i have to give you one....

6. UM went 2-1-...conveniently forgot wisconsin

7. I think this should be on th UM side...or is 17 smaller than 13...

8. UM doesn't schedule div-2 schools...penalty Fla...the one common opponent they did have was Vandy...UM won by 20....Fla won by 6....so this pt is moot...

9. They beat a now 3 loss team in Arkansas...who lost a game by 36 this yr...overrated?!!!!!

10. SHould/could /would....it isn't and really doesn't matter...

at the end of the day, nobody from the bcs gives a rat's azz about you or your opinion so calm down on the focking threads. or merge all of them.

the end.

Swamp, you're wrong. I'm a voter in the polls and I come to fftoday.com every week to get useful information in making my decisions.

After making my assessment, i'm voting for Michigan because I think Florida is not an elite team, they're just a good team. Michigan is an elite team that will make the best game against OSU, we don't want the game to be over by halftime so that is why we do not want Florida to be in the National Championship game.

Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Notre Dame

One of the best posts I have ever read on here...even though it is about COLLEGE football and contains the word "Michigan" multiple times.

Swamp, you're wrong. I'm a voter in the polls and I come to fftoday.com every week to get useful information in making my decisions.

After making my assessment, i'm voting for Michigan because I think Florida is not an elite team, they're just a good team. Michigan is an elite team that will make the best game against OSU, we don't want the game to be over by halftime so that is why we do not want Florida to be in the National Championship game.

Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Notre Dame

you mean hawker hasn't convinced you otherwise with his blizzard of reasoning? :blink:

schedules, smedules and urban's whiny "style points" bs: at the end of the day michigan's only loss by 3 lousy points to the #1 team in the country--ON THE ROAD.

game.

set.

match.

hell, if i could vote i'd vote against florida just because of their whiny coach. seriously.

i also have a theory that the hawker poster here is in fact gary danielson.

Also, it was the fact that Florida didn't have one convincing win all season. They played down to the level of competition every week.

I think Wisconsin, who went 11-1 (1 loss against Michigan) is better than any team that Florida beat and no one is talking about them at all.

Well, I'm probably in the minority in the country, but if Michigan gets in, I won't even bother watching this game. Why? Because we had this game already. I couldn't care less to watch it again. OSU BEAT michigan. Why should MI get another chance? They shouldn't.

For all the people that complain about a playoff system, realize that this year, even with the BCS, it's about as close to a real set of playoffs as we've come. If MI beats OSU, they're in. They lost, so if USC beats UCLA they're in. They lost, so if Florida wins, they SHOULD be in. It's almost like we've HAD a playoff this year. BUT, if MI makes it to the Natl Championship, it just shows how ridiculously opposite of a playoff system the BCS is. There is no other sport where a team can LOOSE the game before the championship and still get in - so why should it be this way for Michigan? (answer: because the BCS system sucks). If you're arguing for MI, you're arguing for keeping the BCS. Anyone wanting a playoff system should be rooting for FL to get in (or WI or Boise).

I will watch an OSU/Florida game. If it's OSU/Mi, the TV will be off. I am from Ohio and an OSU fan, so I do have reason to want to see this game.

Cj

Well, I'm probably in the minority in the country, but if Michigan gets in, I won't even bother watching this game. Why? Because we had this game already. I couldn't care less to watch it again. OSU BEAT michigan. Why should MI get another chance? They shouldn't.

For all the people that complain about a playoff system, realize that this year, even with the BCS, it's about as close to a real set of playoffs as we've come. If MI beats OSU, they're in. They lost, so if USC beats UCLA they're in. They lost, so if Florida wins, they SHOULD be in. It's almost like we've HAD a playoff this year. BUT, if MI makes it to the Natl Championship, it just shows how ridiculously opposite of a playoff system the BCS is. There is no other sport where a team can LOOSE the game before the championship and still get in - so why should it be this way for Michigan? (answer: because the BCS system sucks). If you're arguing for MI, you're arguing for keeping the BCS. Anyone wanting a playoff system should be rooting for FL to get in.

I will watch an OSU/Florida game. If it's OSU/Mi, the TV will be off. I am from Ohio and an OSU fan, so I do have reason to want to see this game.

Cj

You're so full of crap, you'll watch the game if it's OSU-Michigan. I think you're just a Buckeye fan that knows Michigan will put up a better fight and cause OSU to lose the National Championship, not something a buckeye fan could live with very well.

A lot of people keep yapping about a playoff. Well, OSU and Michigan already played a playoff game, and guess what? Michigan lost. Bring on Florida.

Just one side note, if Florida was such a bad ass team all year, why were they ranked 4th in the polls going into yesterday? Florida just got lucky that USC lost.

For all the people that complain about a playoff system, realize that this year, even with the BCS, it's about as close to a real set of playoffs as we've come. If MI beats OSU, they're in. They lost, so if USC beats UCLA they're in. They lost, so if Florida wins, they SHOULD be in. It's almost like we've HAD a playoff this year. BUT, if MI makes it to the Natl Championship, it just shows how ridiculously opposite of a playoff system the BCS is. There is no other sport where a team can LOOSE the game before the championship and still get in - so why should it be this way for Michigan? (answer: because the BCS system sucks). If you're arguing for MI, you're arguing for keeping the BCS. Anyone wanting a playoff system should be rooting for FL to get in (or WI or Boise).

Cj

<_< Amen!

Cj

Of course you would turn the TV off, because you couldn't bear to watch Michigan beat them.....If FL goes, you will watch because you know that Florida would get smoked.... <_<

FlaHawker, I'm an OSU fan and I do agree that Florida deserves to play the Bucks more than Michigan, who just lost to the Bucks in their last game, if my memory serves me correctly. I think if 2 teams played each other earlier in the season, they under the right scenario, they could rematch for the title game, such as if the team that had lost had shown considerable improvement since the loss. But when the loss was the last game of the year, I don't want them to have to play again. Florida's schedule was tough. However, I think your 10 reasons all were basically just variations on a theme, where most of your 10 essentially said the same thing: Florida had a tougher overall schedule than Michigan. And that's a valid argument, but I think it dilutes the effect of that argument to break it out into so many components.

Basically, as I see it, the arguments are this:

Both teams have 1 loss, Florida faced a tougher overall schedule throughout the season so should get in, or Michigan should get in because their only loss was to a better team who was #1 in the country and playing on their home turf and the game was close.

I'd love to beat Michigan again on neutral turf just to shut up Michigan fans, but I'm still rooting for Florida because I think it's alot tougher to play an SEC schedule game in and game out and only have 1 loss than it is to whip an overrated and 1-dimensional Notre Dame team and a bunch of poor teams and lose to the one good team they played. As a Buckeyes fan, I do remember a few years back our team won the national title never winning too many convincing games. Winning is the bottom line, I don't buy the argument against Florida that their wins should count any less just because they weren't necessarily pretty.

A lot of people keep yapping about a playoff. Well, OSU and Michigan already played a playoff game, and guess what? Michigan lost. Bring on Florida.

Just one side note, if Florida was such a bad ass team all year, why were they ranked 4th in the polls going into yesterday? Florida just got lucky that USC lost.

funny, i thought that game was called "the last REGULAR SEASON game"? :thumbsup:

After making my assessment, i'm voting for Michigan because I think Florida is not an elite team...

The bottom line is the BCS process sucks and the bowl games while entertaining are the way they are for the almighty dollar. No offense to ggroovy, but having to resort to this type of forum to make decisions is just an indicator of how mucked up the process is. The one thing you can take back to the BCS, is we want real playoff games with the end result being similiar to the Super Bowl.

You're so full of crap, you'll watch the game if it's OSU-Michigan. I think you're just a Buckeye fan that knows Michigan will put up a better fight and cause OSU to lose the National Championship, not something a buckeye fan could live with very well.

:( I couldn't have said it better :lol:

Michigan lost to the #1 team by three points... stop either long run for a td by Ohio and Michigan wins. One play away from beating OSU at home where they hadn't given up more than a touchdown to any one opponent.

It is all about the money... A Michigan OSU rematch would be one of the highest rated games ever in college football...

I am against the BCS system.... and this is why. It's all subjective. Who are the best two teams in the country... no doubt about it... UM and OSU. If they had a play off system... these two teams would have been in different brackets...#1 and #2 thus meeting for the National Championship on a NEUTRAL field.

OSU fans must be crapping their collective pants at the possibility that they will have to play Michigan again.

:clap:

Cj

Didn't Florida get a rematch in 1996 and nobody brings that point up?

And by choosing Michigan, it doesn't mean that people are arguing for keeping the BCS. What if Florida's only loss was the last week of the season, and MIchigan lost to OSU week 2 of the season. Would Michigan have leapfrogged Florida in that case? Would that be fair, because one team lost "later" in the year?

Michigan is the better team, hands down and it's not even close. The point I'm curious about is why before yesterday was nobody talking about Florida in the mix, it was either USC or Michigan, and now Florida is the team to beat. What would be the case if Michigan had played a game yesterday as well, against a team like Illinois (a team they hadn't played) and won. Would Florida leapfrog them then? No. It's not Michigan's fault that Florida plays in the money hungry SEC, and their season ended 2 weeks ago, so teams can leapfrog them because their season goes later than Michigan's season.

At the end of the day, Michigan lost by 3 in the backyard of the number 1 team in the country. Florida lost to an overrated Auburn team, should have lost to a couple other teams as well. They needed how many mistakes by 7 win South Carolina to squeak by by 1 point at *home*. There's a reason that nobody was seriously considering them before the USC loss, nobody thought they were better than UM or USC. It's that simple. The only reason they are being considered now is because "nobody wants to see a rematch". Which is complete bs when the goal is supposed to be "put the 2 best teams on the field for the title". The fact is, the two best teams in the country are Ohio State and Michigan, and they should play. Whether there's any justice remains to be seen.

Michigan's only loss is to an undefeated team. Florida lost to Auburn who lost to Georgia who lost to both Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Who's more deserving?

Not a UM fan.

bottom line....Michigan is the 2nd best team

Florida would lose by at least 14 to OSU.

I hope Florida gets in...just to see them lose because there is only 1 team in the nation that is on any sort of level that OSU is on and that Michigan.

BCS sucks....I hope they mess it up and end up wishing they had a decent game instead of a blowout.

this is why this is garbage....The Gators use 2 QBs and their kicker was 25% with a long of 29 before yesturday ....29! thats just sad...

OSU 40 Gators 21

OSU 34 MU 28

Id rather watch a good game for teh championship.....maybe thats just me tho...

Florida would have been better off not making it into the championship game. At least then they could claim they got screwed instead of having Ohio State expose them for the fraud they are.

Let the countdown to the laugher begin. :banana:

6. The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8

Who cares where the teams were ranked at the time they played? As long as there are preseason rankings, the rankings will always be a joke up until about week 10 when everything starts to settle out.

That being said Florida should be in the national championship.

Im a Buckeye fan and let it be known i dont back down from any game against Michigan.My only hope now is Tressell runs up the score against Florida and makes a statement.As far as you other so called die-hards who wouldnt watch a game against our biggest rival,"shame on you."People who been following the games this year and the experts all said there the 2 best teams out there and Michigan found a way to whine about there loss to us in a regular season was only due to home field advantage by us.An oppurtunity to beat Michigan twice in 1 year and to shut-up the traders in our own state would be heaven.Cmon Tressell defend the big ten well and get some gator meat.

I love how Florida's coach was crying and saying if they don't get picked, that they need to overhaul the system NOW...then he gets picked and another team is screwed like his would of been and everything is ok in the world. What a hypocrite.

Playoff absolutely necessary. No game to watch on January 8th. Florida will get destroyed. Michigan will still be ranked number 2 if they beat USC and never get a chance to play for the championship.

The system is what it is. A total screwed up mess.

What is even more ironic is how many coaches voted OSU, Florida and Michigan; even when they also said in the same breath they believe Michigan is the 2nd best team in the nation but Florida deserves their shot. How absolutely stupid is that statement. The only way to get rid of the controversy is a playoff system. Sure, I know some will argue the seedings but who cares. You still have to win your playoff games to get to the championship.

Get rid of the BCS!!!

All of you people whining about Michigan deserving to go over Florida, you're basically arguing that they're a better team than Florida because of who they lossed to. I think who each team has BEATEN is more important than who they lost to. FLorida has no doubt beaten better teams overall than has Michigan. In fact, the 2 ranked teams Michigan beat, Wisconsin and Notre Dame, had arguably 2 of the easiest schedules out of all the ranked teams. Neither beat anybody all that good. Notre Dame was proven to be overrated, yet that big win by Michigan over Notre Dame at the time propelled Michigan to such a high ranking. Michigan wasn't given too much respect prior to that, and so I have to wonder if they hadn't played NOtre Dame until later in the season when Notre Dame had been proven one-dimensional, that Florida would have always been ranked higher than Michigan. My point is, and I'm not saying this is the way it should be, but your ranking is largely dependent on who you win and how good those opponents are thought to be at the time you play them. I think Notre Dame was ranked #2 at the time and Michigan was considerably lower but after blowing out Notre Dame, Michigan was propelled to a high ranking. Once achieving that high ranking, at that point, the rank will be maintained until beaten. So after beating an overrated Notre Dame squad and then facing an easy schedule all the way until OSU, Michigan of course was going to maintain that #2 ranking, when they likely would have always been more like a 3 or 4 if everybody had known at the time how overrated Notre Dame was.

To they guys saying I want Fl cause Mi would beat OSU: That's not true in my case. I'm just a casual college fan. NFL is where it's at for me. I'm from Ohio and would like to see OSU win, but I'm not so much a die hard fan that I really care that much. The only game I even watched this year was MI/OSU. And I'm not about to watch it again, and it's not because I'm worried OSU will loose. Not in the least. As long as my Panthers win, I'm happy. :thumbsdown: (not looking so hot so far, though).

Bottom line is that this statement: "The best two teams should play for the championship" is the only arguement that puts MI in and also it is a rock solid arguement FOR the BCS. Almost never in a playoff system do the two best teams face each other in the championship. It's certainly not going to happen in the NFL this year because the two best team are in the AFC and we know one NFC team will be in the Superbowl. It didn't happen last year when Indy was argueably the best team in the NFL. If you REALLY want the two best teams to play in the championship every year, you ARE making an arguement to keep the BCS.

I would probably watch a lot more college football if they had a playoff system. The BCS garbage is the main reason I do not watch it. That's why I'm glad it's FL and will probably watch the game.

Cj

To they guys saying I want Fl cause Mi would beat OSU: That's not true in my case. I'm just a casual college fan. NFL is where it's at for me. I'm from Ohio and would like to see OSU win, but I'm not so much a die hard fan that I really care that much. The only game I even watched this year was MI/OSU. And I'm not about to watch it again, and it's not because I'm worried OSU will loose. Not in the least. As long as my Panthers win, I'm happy. :thumbsdown: (not looking so hot so far, though).

Bottom line is that this statement: "The best two teams should play for the championship" is the only arguement that puts MI in and also it is a rock solid arguement FOR the BCS. Almost never in a playoff system do the two best teams face each other in the championship. It's certainly not going to happen in the NFL this year because the two best team are in the AFC and we know one NFC team will be in the Superbowl. It didn't happen last year when Indy was argueably the best team in the NFL. If you REALLY want the two best teams to play in the championship every year, you ARE making an arguement to keep the BCS.

I would probably watch a lot more college football if they had a playoff system. The BCS garbage is the main reason I do not watch it. That's why I'm glad it's FL and will probably watch the game.

Cj

Good point. I also find it strange that so many people just assume that Michigan automatically falls into the "two best teams in the country" category. Why? Because they whipped Notre Dame? Because they played OSU tough in a heated rivalry game? What happened to USC last weekend against thier rival? Michigan played OSU tough for sure, but it's a heated rivalry, those games are usually tough games. But I don't think losing to OSU in a close one automatically makes them one of the 2 best teams in the country.

interesting... so this playoff system, that's already in place which only a few of you know about, isn't played on a neutral field?!? huh... that sounds great. i wonder if lloyd'd still play his second string defense for the entire second half against ball state while urban cried crocodile tears. it's pretty clear very few of you saw both teams play very often this year.

Sep 2 Southern Miss Won 34-7

Sep 9 Central Florida Won 42-0

Sep 16 @Tennessee Won 21-20

Sep 23 Kentucky Won 26-7

Sep 30 Alabama Won 28-13

Oct 7 LSU Won 23-10

Oct 14 @Auburn Lost 17-27

Oct 28 Georgia Won 21-14

Nov 4 @Vanderbilt Won 25-19

Nov 11 South Carolina Won 17-16

Nov 18 Western Carolina Won 62-0

Nov 25 @Florida St. Won 21-14

Dec 2 Arkansas Won 38-28

Sep 2 Vanderbilt Won 27-7

Sep 9 C. Michigan Won 41-17

Sep 16 @Notre Dame Won 47-21

Sep 23 Wisconsin Won 27-13

Sep 30 @Minnesota Won 28-14

Oct 7 Michigan St. Won 31-13

Oct 14 @Penn St. Won 17-10

Oct 21 Iowa Won 20-6

Oct 28 Northwestern Won 17-3

Nov 4 Ball St. Won 34-26

Nov 11 @Indiana Won 34-3

Nov 18 @Ohio St. Lost 39-42

no one... i mean no one... believes florida is the second best team in the nation

interesting... so this playoff system, that's already in place which only a few of you know about, isn't played on a neutral field?!? huh... that sounds great. i wonder if lloyd'd still play his second string defense for the entire second half against ball state while urban cried crocodile tears. it's pretty clear very few of you saw both teams play very often this year.

Interesting, so you're saying that Michigan cost themselves a shot at the championship game because even I know that margin of victory counts in the BCS. They should have beat the snot out of them and elimated all doubt.

blah, blah, blah. the sec is (and will continue to be) an elite conference, but the sec doesn't have a single nonconference win over the bcs top fifteen. the entire league. what evidence do we have that the sec is so dominant? message board postings? i know, i know... the southeastern conference is the greatest conference in the history of sports, and the talent is far superior to the pac 10 and big 10 and nfc west combined.

i'm not arguing against the selection... i think it was difficult to justify a rematch if anyone else is even close to deserving. all i am suggesting... is no one, i mean no one, who knows these two teams and football believes that florida is better than michigan this year. not if you're being honest.

Interesting, so you're saying that Michigan cost themselves a shot at the championship game because even I know that margin of victory counts in the BCS. They should have beat the snot out of them and elimated all doubt.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6221060

no one... i mean no one... believes florida is the second best team in the nation

I watched both teams play about half a dozen times or so this year.

Michigan did not play their second string defense the entire second half.

Michigan is not better than Florida. They may be on a similar level, but to say that Michigan is a better team, well, you must be a Michigan fan, while I remain an independent opinion.

Carry on.

You forgot the #1 reason: OSU and UF are ranked 1-2 in the BCS rankings!

Look, you guys are all late to the party. I've been arguing this stuff for weeks now. It's decided now and there's nothing left to talk about. I'm all in favor of implementing a playoff system, but I don't care if UF is > UM anymore. I care if UF > OSU. :wall:

I watched both teams play about half a dozen times or so this year.

Michigan did not play their second string defense the entire second half.

Michigan is not better than Florida. They may be on a similar level, but to say that Michigan is a better team, well, you must be a Michigan fan, while I remain an independent opinion.

Carry on.

I am a Michigan fan and I understand why Florida got their shot instead of Michigan. The coaches and writers, especially in the south :wall: , didn't want to see a rematch. That being said you'll never know for sure that Florida is a better team than Michigan.

I still firmly believe Michigan is closer to Ohio State than Florida is. Urban Meyer gets his wish, he gets to go to the National Championship game. Be careful what you wish for little Urban, you're about to get your balls handed to you by a superior team from a superior conference. Enjoy your embarrassment ;) .

It is what it is. One of these teams was going to be pissed...and have a right to be pissed. This system is a joke and will continue to be a joke until some form of a playoff is implemented. It's never fair when something like this isn't settled on the field.

So, if your Florida you can go out and beat OSU on a neutral field and prove you deserve the spot. If you're UM you go to the Rose Bowl beat USC and hope OSU beats up UF and show you have a legit gripe.

you must be a Michigan fan, while I remain an independent opinion.

this is a lie... you'd just rather hump boise state or hawaii

anyways, if the system were about giving everyone a chance, they wouldn't call it a poll, they'd call it a donkey ride. which is not to say there hasn't been some donkey-like behavior. consider urban meyer, the braying coach of the gators. when asked by ESPN about michigan on saturday night, meyer said, "they had their shot."

thank you, judge.

meyer is not only rude, he's confused. nowhere in the bowl championship series system is "having their shot" supposed to determine anything. the system is supposed to rank teams, not manipulate them. it's supposed to set up a national championship game, not cast it. ask yourself this question... if we were in the fifth week of the season, and michigan and ohio state had played their game and were idle, do you think florida would have jumped up two spots to wedge between them by beating eighth ranked arkansas? i don't. the truth is, meyer is wrong. michigan didn't have its shot. not at a national championship game... which is all the BCS is supposed to determine. and now it won't get its shot. why? because florida is somehow a superior choice since it doesn't play in the same conference as ohio state? meyer acts as if the SEC is broadway and all the other conferences are summer stock. he talks as if you have to survive germ-warfare to win an SEC game (conveniently excusing his close scores against some lesser teams) while suggesting that other conference champs should be blowing out their opponents. hey, if ohio state is as great as everyone says it is, and most of its victories are against the same big ten teams michigan faces, why does it work for the buckeyes and against the wolverines?

that's fair?

"florida belongs," meyer told reporters saturday night. "the other team had a shot. we went 12-1, and i think the country wants to see the southeastern conference champion against the big ten champion." well, it's nice to have lord meyer tell us what we want to see. apparently "the country," in his view, doesn't include huge parts of the midwest. his first name may be urban, but it should be parochial. yes, people can say the same thing about michigan fans. and in florida they probably are. but the one thing gators fans will never be able to argue is that they were ever number 2 this season before sunday night. michigan can say that. michigan, having not touched a football in two weeks, has to wonder why it was dropped... while florida was vaulted. michigan has to wonder how losing on the road to the only team ranked ahead of it... and losing by three points... is somehow less worthy than florida losing by 10 points to auburn, a team not even in the final top 10.

no link

but at least it's a ligitimate gripe!!

Michigan lost to the #1 team by three points... stop either long run for a td by Ohio and Michigan wins.

Holy cripes there are a lot of whiners on this thread! If Michigan had done this . . . if Michigan had done that.

Here's a tip: THEY DIDN'T. So, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, shut up about it. And before anybody accuses me of being biased, I'm not an OSU fan or a Florida fan or a Michigan fan. I am, however, a fan of having a little maturity, sucking it up, and not acting like a bunch of ten-year olds. Concentrate on beating USC instead instead of complaining about what should have been.

I agree that the BCS sucks and that there should be playoff system, but all of this whining is just pathetic. You make the whole Big Ten look bad.