Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Well, here's my band, for your amusement, ridicule, etc.

rock band. trumpet,

I don't know whether to laugh, or cry.

Some of these focking replies are priceless... but I have to laugh at some of the assbags making fun of someone in a band. I'd give my right nut to play in a rock band... even a sucky one. I'd bet dollars to CMTs donuts that there are few, if any of you that would give anything to have the fun of playing a shitass trumpet in a shittyassed geriatric rock band.

:banana: ROCK ON, BRUTHA!!!

And edfockingjr, comparing being a lazyassed focking DJ to actually having to put together some actual music via playing an instrument. What a total focking douchehead.

:mad:

Decent. Please feel free to send your CD when ready to my college radio station wxdu (The "du" is for Doooooook). I know some djs there that will give it a spin.

Your trumpet playing reminds me of the Band of Holy Joy (their website stinks so no link, should be easy enough to find). More of a cabaret style than what y'all are doing but you might find it interesting.

Actually, I think the trumpet players in those bands were only hired to record a couple songs. Not actually in the band. Thus, the trumpet players never got laid by hot groupy sluts.

Sorry Rust :(

Horse hockey. Girls know good tongue action when they see it. :P

And edfockingjr, comparing being a lazyassed focking DJ to actually having to put together some actual music via playing an instrument. What a total focking douchehead.

You're right about this. The musician in me hates the DJ in me.

The musician in me hates the DJ in me.

Get in line. :(

I guess I'm the band's sex symbol by default.

:(

You could be playing a focking washboard and be the sex symbol in that group.

E-mail received Friday May 18, 13:15

Rusty Syringes: Dear Mike FFToday. Make her stop. I mean it or I'll take my 55 nom de plumes and go to FBG. Then everybody'll see how few posters you have here.

Mikey FFToday: Sorry Russ. No can do. I can't do anything with her. She's been mad as hell ever since I first called her a gutterslut. Just ignore her. It's worked for you in the past.

Best wishes. Mikey FFToday.

Let's see. The musician takes the mouth while the DJ takes the bad place. Or did I mix that up?

:(

Calm down. Clam down.

I'm only serious.

j/k

Do they both have frosted hair? :( :P

Decent. Please feel free to send your CD when ready to my college radio station wxdu (The "du" is for Doooooook). I know some djs there that will give it a spin.

Your trumpet playing reminds me of the Band of Holy Joy (their website stinks so no link, should be easy enough to find). More of a cabaret style than what y'all are doing but you might find it interesting.

Thanks.

My ultimate goal is to ape Jimmy Page solo riffs for the trumpet and then build on them from there. I've already done it for one of my new songs, "Holidays."

When I got into this band, I had ZERO improvisational experience.

All my trumpet playing was either working through the Arban book or playing in a serious wind ensemble, at the university here and then with a community band before that.

I took some Buffalo Blonde stuff recorded live and put on a CD and then spent countless hours coming up with trumpet parts for the songs. That also helped me know what chords and whatnot.

A trumpet is a full step down from guitar, and I'm not exactly all that quick on the draw at transposing on the fly.

The first gig was horrendous for me, or at least the first set was.

They handed me the set list, and I didn't even recognize three-fourths of the songs in the first set. They hadn't touched those in the rehearsals I was in with them. I really embarrassed myself on stage trying to make up trumpet parts on the fly, no knowing the key signature or what was coming next.

Luckily, it was very early in the evening, and there only a dozen or so people in the place, and they were all people we knew.

I held my own in the second set, and by the third set, where I knew all the songs, we were into a groove, and I saw people in the audience going :headbanger: :doublethumbsup: and :clap: , getting up and putting money in the tip jar one after the other.

Now, I've added a ton of vocal harmonies. That way, I'm not just standing up there and picking my ass until the trumpet part comes along.

Now, I've added a ton of vocal harmonies. That way, I'm not just standing up there and picking my ass until the trumpet part comes along.

In time you'll be able to pull an American Pie Band Camp and play and sing at the same time.

You could be playing a focking washboard and be the sex symbol in that group.

I don't have a washboard, but I am experimenting with a whistle part on one song.

:headbanger:

In time you'll be able to pull an American Pie Band Camp and play and sing at the same time.

I've trying to think of a way to play trumpet and guitar at the same time.

:doublethumbsup:

Thanks.

My ultimate goal is to ape Jimmy Page solo riffs for the trumpet and then build on them from there. I've already done it for one of my new songs, "Holidays."

When I got into this band, I had ZERO improvisational experience.

All my trumpet playing was either working through the Arban book or playing in a serious wind ensemble, at the university here and then with a community band before that.

I took some Buffalo Blonde stuff recorded live and put on a CD and then spent countless hours coming up with trumpet parts for the songs. That also helped me know what chords and whatnot.

A trumpet is a full step down from guitar, and I'm not exactly all that quick on the draw at transposing on the fly.

The first gig was horrendous for me, or at least the first set was.

They handed me the set list, and I didn't even recognize three-fourths of the songs in the first set. They hadn't touched those in the rehearsals I was in with them. I really embarrassed myself on stage trying to make up trumpet parts on the fly, no knowing the key signature or what was coming next.

Luckily, it was very early in the evening, and there only a dozen or so people in the place, and they were all people we knew.

I held my own in the second set, and by the third set, where I knew all the songs, we were into a groove, and I saw people in the audience going :headbanger: :doublethumbsup: and :clap: , getting up and putting money in the tip jar one after the other.

You're going way overboard with this. Paul McCartney doesn't even take himself so seriously.

I've trying to think of a way to play trumpet and guitar at the same time.

you could literally blow it out your azz

:lol:

Rock out with your colostomy bag out? :banana:

My wife took that at a jackleg, poorly attended charity event last year called Can Jam, where we played in front of DOZENS.

That's Rusty II's head in the foreground.

The stage was set up in an outdoor livestock arena.

The year before, they had it at the nearby amphitheater, which seats focking 18,000 people.

There was NO ONE in the audience except the rhythm guitar player's wife and the people working the event.

:banana:

Still, I'll bet it was cool to play there.

Alas, they canceled this year's Can Jam.

:blink:

Had to laugh. I've played in countless bands over the last 30 years or so, and have had gigs ranging from a couple thousand hardcore fans to ones just like you describe here. Once played 'Heritage Days' in Nardin, OK (population about 7). I was the new guy in the band and, to their credit, the people of Nardin were pretty damn excited to have them back for a return engagement. Drummer kept referring to us as 'the Beatles of Nardin'. Played with the same band at a community 'Bean Feed' once. No kidding.

Kudos on the music. It takes a lot of dedication to continue to play past the point where you entertain dreams of stardom, and considerable balls to play live any time. I admire your commitment to playing originals. Let the hecklers have their say. They'll never know the thrill of that moment when everything clicks just right, or you hear something in the music that's never been there before.

Rock on!

Had to laugh. I've played in countless bands over the last 30 years or so, and have had gigs ranging from a couple thousand hardcore fans to ones just like you describe here. Once played 'Heritage Days' in Nardin, OK (population about 7). I was the new guy in the band and, to their credit, the people of Nardin were pretty damn excited to have them back for a return engagement. Drummer kept referring to us as 'the Beatles of Nardin'. Played with the same band at a community 'Bean Feed' once. No kidding.

Kudos on the music. It takes a lot of dedication to continue to play past the point where you entertain dreams of stardom, and considerable balls to play live any time. I admire your commitment to playing originals. Let the hecklers have their say. They'll never know the thrill of that moment when everything clicks just right, or you hear something in the music that's never been there before.

Rock on!

But ''''''Rusty''''' you didn't pretend to join until this band until it quit gigging. :dunno:

I guess that's why your skinny ass isn't playing trumpet in any of the pictures. :lol:

God, you need help. :banana:

But ''''''Rusty''''' you didn't pretend to join until this band until it quit gigging. :dunno:

I guess that's why your skinny ass isn't playing trumpet in any of the pictures. :lol:

God, you need help. :banana:

Why the hell are you quoting me and addressing him?

wait til Siouxsie gets a glimpse of THIS band....

like white on rice.... :banana:

One of the greatest perks (I heard about) regarding the Sanctuary (if it exists) was the night they got to watch Rusty LIVE... via webcam... at one of his gigs.

A special, special night indeed. :banana:

I love and admire you, Rusty Syringes. :dunno:

One of the greatest perks (I heard about) regarding the Sanctuary (if it exists) was the night they got to watch Rusty LIVE... via webcam... at one of his gigs.

A special, special night indeed. :lol:

I love and admire you, Rusty Syringes. :mad:

Some of you are too damn stupid to figure something out even when you're told.

If you'll examine what's been said, you'll find that 'Rusty' pretended to join this band when they stopped playing live shows.

As far as you and the Sanctuary, I suspect you're not the only one they've tricked.

As far as loving Rusty. I don't doubt it. I don't because the Sanctuary talks about you being extremely gaaay. Extremely.

wait til Siouxsie gets a glimpse of THIS band....

like white on rice.... :banana:

I agree with you on this one. The age requirement is certainly met.

Only thing is, Rusty isn't among them.

I think he's pretending because Siouxsie was getting so much attention.

As much as I don't like that girl, I figure she's real. Rusty? Well there's an awfully lot of BS there.

Some of you are too damn stupid to figure something out even when you're told.

Project much?