Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Well, here's my band, for your amusement, ridicule, etc.

I've been keeping this a secret from you guys, but I suppose it's time to share.

In December 2005, I joined a rock band. I mostly play trumpet, but I also play some guitar and harmonica and do A LOT of backing vocals.

Having a trumpet player in a band with a classic-rock sound might seem odd on paper, but I suppose it works.

We play all original music, and for the past year, we've been working on a CD, which is nearing the end of the production phase.

I recently created a myspace page for us and threw up a few songs. They're unfinished productionwise. The guy doing the production work has gone back and beefed up the rhythm section.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Buffalo Blonde:

http://www.myspace.com/buffaloblonderocks

Also, I'm only four songs away from finishing my brand spanking new CD, which, like "Shark Dance," is all newly written songs rather than new arrangements for stuff I wrote years ago.

ROCK ON!

:doublethumbsup:

Your band is as bad as my craptacular short story.

Your band is as bad as my craptacular short story.

We're not giving up our day jobs, at least those of us in the band who actually have jobs.

Rusty, you are hands down the hottest dude in that band.

I've been keeping this a secret from you guys, but I suppose it's time to share.

In December 2005, I joined a rock band. I mostly play trumpet, but I also play some guitar and harmonica and do A LOT of backing vocals.

Having a trumpet player in a band with a classic-rock sound might seem odd on paper, but I suppose it works.

It worked out okay for Blood Sweat and Tears :ninja:

Good luck! :ninja:

That is freaking awesome.

Sounds like we need a geek road trip to go and heckle. :D

You guys should perform "Do Ya Think I'm Sixty" :D

Also, great job and good luck! I know the struggles of being in a band.

Rusty that was painful, sorry buddy. I wanted to like it, but my ears are bleeding.

I'd rather see this band

That is freaking awesome.

Sounds like we need a geek road trip to go and heckle. :lol:

The only gig we've got lined up right now is in August at this place that has a web cam.

However, the cam has no audio.

It's the same place a stripped-down version of the band played one morning awhile back for some kind of fund-raiser for a little girl with cancer.

I was thinking about having a CD-release party in my back yard, but it's going to be the thermonuclear part of summer by the time the CD finally gets done.

Another thing that's cool about the band is that we're now working up some of MY songs, including a rocking version of "Million Tire Man."

:D

Between the 40-50 songs they now have and my like 100-plus songs, we'll never run out of original material.

:dunno:

this is what you're concert audience will look like.

Rusty that was painful, sorry buddy. I wanted to like it, but my ears are bleeding.

I'd rather see this band

Ridicule all you want, but we draw 100-200 people per show, and I make about $100 a gig.

Our crowd looks a lot like raggedy refugees from Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic, but they're enthusiastic.

For some reason, the band was very popular among the local lesbians. They played this lesbian bar in town a few times and packed 'em in.

The bar burned down not long before I joined the band.

Rusty, you are hands down the hottest dude in that band.

That's like telling a kid at the special olympics he's the smartest one in the field.

The only gig we've got lined up right now is in August at this place that has a web cam.

However, the cam has no audio.

It's the same place a stripped-down version of the band played one morning awhile back for some kind of fund-raiser for a little girl with cancer.

I was thinking about having a CD-release party in my back yard, but it's going to be the thermonuclear part of summer by the time the CD finally gets done.

Another thing that's cool about the band is that we're now working up some of MY songs, including a rocking version of "Million Tire Man."

Between the 40-50 songs they now have and my like 100-plus songs, we'll never run out of original material.

:dunno: :lol: Get off the PHONE!!@!@#$!@#!@#! :mad: :mad:

Also, if you have anything in your backyard, I want to get some sort of documentation that there is no mercury present or some sort of chemical waste. I'm not sure the house inspector went out there.

That's like telling a kid at the special olympics he's the smartest one in the field.

Yeah, I don't know if it's positive enough to be a backhanded compliment.

Ridicule all you want, but we draw 100-200 people per show, and I make about $100 a gig.

Our crowd looks a lot like raggedy refugees from Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic, but they're enthusiastic.

For some reason, the band was very popular among the local lesbians. They played this lesbian bar in town a few times and packed 'em in.

:(

Rusty, I have complete respect for you learning an instrument and being in a band. I think you're a cool mofo. Just not my type of music.

I get paid $100 to DJ at a bar. all I do is plug my laptop and some speakers in and pick a bunch of songs and I drink for free.

B) :mad: Get off the PHONE!!@!@#$!@#!@#! :mad: :mad:

Also, if you have anything in your backyard, I want to get some sort of documentation that there is no mercury present or some sort of chemical waste. I'm not sure the house inspector went out there.

I actually talked the home inspector yesterday about the light switch, and they are required to test the lights.

When I told him about the panel, he speculated that either the switch didn't have time to get hot enough during the inspection or that the sellers didn't put in the 10,000-watt bulbs until after the inspection.

I'm betting it was the former, seeing as one of the dudes on the inspection team was missing stuff.

Oh well. We're pretty much at the end of fixing all these pesky little things that have popped up. I've still got the laminant floor to fix, though, and that might be a fothermucker.

But it won't cost me any $$$ as far as I know. I just have to pry up the baseboards, saw some boards and put it all back together.

Rusty, I have complete respect for you learning an instrument and being in a band. I think you're a cool mofo. Just not my type of music.

I get paid $100 to DJ at a bar. all I do is plug my laptop and some speakers in and pick a bunch of songs and I drink for free.

Yeah, we're definitely a little different. We have no aspirations of success, but we do have a loyal fan base, which is kind of cool. A lot of nightclubs won't have us because we don't play cover songs, which is what a lot of people want.

Playing gigs is the kickass, particularly when you look out and people are getting into the music.

I wouldn't call us a jam band, but we do go off in improvisational directions.

We're a lot heavier and more raw live.

Yeah, I don't know if it's positive enough to be a backhanded compliment.

It was more about noting how old and scary your bandmates looked than anything.

Also, it's lovely to see Minneapolis representing among the band's friends.

It was more about noting how old and scary your bandmates looked than anything.

Also, it's lovely to see Minneapolis representing among the band's friends.

Yeah, those guys have a lot of hard living under their belts.

I guess I'm the band's sex symbol by default.

B)

At the first gig I was in with them, we had a tip jar in front of the stage, and someone wrote "THE TRUMPET PLAYER MAKES ME HORNY!!!!" on a piece of scrap paper and tossed it in there.

You're lucky you aren't in Pennsylvania.

You'd try leaving a gig, one night, and find yourself with four slashed tires for lowballing the "real" area DJs. I pull between $200 and $250 for bars (with drinks). :(

Rusty, must be an old man thing(39) but I liked it. Keep on rock'n :(

What kinda f@g plays trumpet in a rock band?

Rusty, must be an old man thing(39) but I liked it. Keep on rock'n :unsure:

Thanks.

I very much like the music, or I wouldn't be playing with them. The songwriting is pretty great, and when we hit a groove during a gig, magic occurs.

I do a lot of playing in and around the lead guitar part. At the most recent gig we played, we got into something improvised that had the audience mesmerized, and that fed right back into the band. At the end of it, I felt drained and almost had to just sit down. I looked over to see the lead guitar player leaned over and with his head to the wall, with the rest of the band going :shocking: , as if they were saying, "Man, where the hell did THAT come from?"

I live for those moments, and there are few greater feelings.

I think classic rock is making a big comeback, and groups such as The White Stripes and Kings of Leon are leading the way, with nods to punk and a lot of other genres.

What kinda f@g plays trumpet in a rock band?

I don't know.

Ask Neil Young, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cake, etc.

:unsure:

I don't know.

Ask Neil Young, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cake, etc.

:unsure:

I don't know them.

It's comforting to know that Great White is still out on tour.

I don't know.

Actually, I think the trumpet players in those bands were only hired to record a couple songs. Not actually in the band. Thus, the trumpet players never got laid by hot groupy sluts.

Sorry Rust :unsure:

I hope Rusty's kids realize what a cool father they have. :unsure:

the best picture is the dark profile one :unsure:

anyways, good for you...good luck

the best picture is the dark profile one :banana:

anyways, good for you...good luck

My wife took that at a jackleg, poorly attended charity event last year called Can Jam, where we played in front of DOZENS.

That's Rusty II's head in the foreground.

The stage was set up in an outdoor livestock arena.

The year before, they had it at the nearby amphitheater, which seats focking 18,000 people.

There was NO ONE in the audience except the rhythm guitar player's wife and the people working the event.

:bandana:

Still, I'll bet it was cool to play there.

Alas, they canceled this year's Can Jam.

:banana:

My wife took that at a jackleg, poorly attended charity event last year called Can Jam, where we played in front of DOZENS.

That's Rusty II's head in the foreground.

The stage was set up in an outdoor livestock arena.

The year before, they had it at the nearby amphitheater, which seats focking 18,000 people.

so Can size is down?

Actually, I think the trumpet players in those bands were only hired to record a couple songs. Not actually in the band. Thus, the trumpet players never got laid by hot groupy sluts.

Sorry Rust :banana:

Eddie Vedder and Flea have played trumpet for their respective groups.

I would like to take them trumpet and shove it half way up your ass and break it off. :headbanger:

Also, myspace is blocked at work so I'll have to listen to it later.

:headbanger:

I nearly didn't get past this part. :lol: I swear.

But being as though you are not pretending to be a part of the USA military nor are you asking for donations in the name of the US Air Force, I'm not going to point out the 3 obvious glaring mistakes that you have made in this attempt at LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! And being as nobody is calling you out on them, I won't either. And not all the suckers are your aliases this time. So if some of the masses want to believe this story they can go for it. But I am going to be watching to see if you try and correct your mistakes.

Plus there's a lot less political bullsh!t on the board when you're pretending to be rock star. :banana:

But you are still one sick bastage!

:mad:

I nearly didn't get past this part. :lol: I swear.

But being as though you are not pretending to be a part of the USA military nor are you asking for donations in the name of the US Air Force, I'm not going to point out the 3 obvious glaring mistakes that you have made in this attempt at LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! And being as nobody is calling you out on them, I won't either. And not all the suckers are your aliases this time. So if some of the masses want to believe this story they can go for it. But I am going to be watching to see if you try and correct your mistakes.

Plus there's a lot less political bullsh!t on the board when you're pretending to be rock star. ;)

But you are still one sick bastage!

AirSCAM

BLOW THE ROOF OFF THIS BEOTCH!!!

:banana:

Well, you're no Steve Vai, but I liked it :mad:

Also, where are all the jokes about Rusty blowing something? You focks are slipping :banana:

Some of these focking replies are priceless... but I have to laugh at some of the assbags making fun of someone in a band. I'd give my right nut to play in a rock band... even a sucky one. I'd bet dollars to CMTs donuts that there are few, if any of you that would give anything to have the fun of playing a shitass trumpet in a shittyassed geriatric rock band.

:banana: ROCK ON, BRUTHA!!!

And edfockingjr, comparing being a lazyassed focking DJ to actually having to put together some actual music via playing an instrument. What a total focking douchehead.

Well, you're no Steve Vai, but I liked it :mad:

Also, where are all the jokes about Rusty blowing something? You focks are slipping :banana:

Obviously he's been blowing you! Hey. Wait a minute .........................................