Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Name a player and I'll tell you what I think about him

We had some fun with this last year so we can fire it up again. Warning though. I'm going to lunch in 10 minutes, but I'll get to everyone.

Al Bundy

Rae Carruth

Female Kicker from U Colorado

In a 12 Team, 400 dollar auction limit,,, 20 man, 10 start roster....Whats Stephen Jacksons value?

:headbanger:

Al Bundy

Alphonse Hercules Bundy once scored 4 TDs in one game for Polk HS. That projects to about 1 TD per game in the NFL.

:huh:

Alphonse Hercules Bundy once scored 4 TDs in one game for Polk HS. That projects to about 1 TD per game in the NFL.

Can I get a whooooooooooaaaaa Bundy!?!?! :blink:

This dude takes the longest lunches I've ever seen. :cheers:

I just about choked on my (late) lunch when I read this!

Vincent Jackson, WR, San Diego

I be loving the fock out of me some Vincent Jackson. He's got 3rd year wdie receiver breakout written all over his sexy little face. No more Keenan McCardell. I think everyone realizes that Eric Parker is overrated. He's got the speed to get deep. He seems to make plays when given a chance. I think he will be a good value for where he gets drafted. Imagine a 12 team league with 3 starting wide receivers, TE mandatory. He'll probably get drafted after the 10th round. That's a good price for him. We still have to temper expectations just a bit because he will be the third most prolific receiver on the team behind LT and Gates, but 60-70 catches at an average of 12-14 per and lets say 7 TDs is what I'm predicting.

JJ Stokes

Rashaun Woods

Brandon Lloyd

San Fran Fan who wants to grab a sleeper from his favorite team..

Matt Jones, WR, Jaguars

I like Matt, but as long as Leftwich is throwing the ball out there I'm staying away from the Jags receivers. They just don't put up a lot of passing yards onthat offense, and now they have Fred Taylor and Maurice, The Bowling Ball, Drew why not just run the ball 35 times a game. Plus if he couldn't seperate himself from Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford by now, I'm just going to leave him be unless he falls fairly deep in the draft. I'm talking about drafting him in the teens.

Ron Mexico, QB, Falcons

I don't really like Ron that much as a person or a fantasy player, but in my mind, he might be one of the best values in the draft this year. I think he's pretty well insulated from the whole dog-fighting scandal, and we all know money talks in the justice system, so the only real question in my mind is if he gets suspended which I think will be tough to do for a large amount of time due to the fact that he probably won't be convicted of anything. Then there is the question of how he's going to take the razzing from the fans. If he can keep his cool he might be a pleasant fantasy surprise. Figure if you have a lot of PETA members in your league, you can grab him super late in the draft and he'll probably perform like an 8th rounder or so.

In a 12 Team, 400 dollar auction limit,,, 20 man, 10 start roster....Whats Stephen Jacksons value?

Stephen Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams

Shoot, man, I don't play in any auction formats so I don't know about his value, but I do like his situation. I'm a big Linehan fan. I think he's one of them there geniuses, so I agree that he is the #2 pick, but I don't know how that equates to auction value. I'd probably hope someone yells out LJ before Jackson and use that as a benchmark. I expect big things though with another year under the Lingenius's system and after he gets his offensive line healthy this year. They had a lot of attrition last year.

Brandon Jones, WR Titans

You have to think he'll be at least a decent # 3 by default as the floor on his potential just becasue he's pretty much the only guy there. You figure Young is going to complete 225 passes all year. Give 50 to the tightends and 50 to the runningbacks and that's another 125 to divide up among the receivers. Give about 25 to the scrubs and 45 to Givens and that leaves 55 for Jones. That should make for some decent numbers. The only problem is will they be able to score? That's going to be what elevates Jones from a bad 3 to a good 3. Vince seems like he's just a great guy to make plays, but I think they might have lost too many pieces. Problem with Jones is that he's probably going to get hyped up too much by the time most people draft.

Braylon Edwards, WR, Browns

I actually got Braylon last year in one league late and I was real worried about him, but he quietly put up solid, consistent numbers for me all year. They definitely weren't earth shattering, but I won't complain about 8-12 points every single week. That's what I really liked about him. They have weapons on that offense now. They have the Soldier, Jamal Lewis, Joe VeryVicious. If Frye starts, I think Edwards is going to top 1000 yards receiving and put up about 8 TDs. If Quinn starts, I would watch in preseason to see who he favors. A little trick I learned back in Couch's rookie season was to watch the rookie qbs to see if they lock in on a receiver as the go to guy. That year it was Kevin Johnson another rookie and he ended up having a decent year. Quinn might be used to throwing to white guys, so there is a chance he will pick on Joey Vicious.

Ahman Green, RB, Texans

The Texans surprisingly enough, usually have success in the ground game. Even last year, they rushed for about 1500 as a team. Ahman doesn't have anymore 1500 yard seasons in him, but he should put up 1000-1200 with about 6 TDs as the featured back, but there are a lot of what-ifs associated with that. What if he doesn't stay healthy. What if the Texans didn't address the O-line enough. What if Schaub sucks? So with that in mind, I would target Ahman as a third runningback around the 5th or something. I think his ADP right now is late 4th, so he might not be around long enough to get good value.

Roydell Williams, WR, Titans

Tulane alum, baby@!@$!@ I think that's actually the last time I saw him make a play. There is no way he cracks the starting lineup barring injury. He might be good down the road, but hey, the good thing is if you like him, he's goign to available long after everyone is taking guys that will be off their roster by week 5 anyway, so what the hell, right? The problem with the Titans is their entire receiving core outside of Givens have caugt about 25 balls combined, so anyone can therretically jump out and take playing time.

Vincent Jackson, WR, San Diego

He'll probably get drafted after the 10th round. That's a good price for him.

I took him in the 7th. :(

:clap: Oh, well. :banana: Oh, well. :banana:

Michael Bush, RB Oakland

I don't think homeslice is going to see the field anytime soon. I mean he had a god damned rod put in his leg in March. Plus he still has to deal with a backfield that includes Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes when he gets back from his smoke out. This situation will sort itself out though in training camp because if he actually plays in a preseason game, he's going to shoot up draft boards. I'd probably make him a top 8 pick in dynasty, but for keeper and redraft I would leave him alone until I'm sure he isn't going to be on the PUP list are some sh¡t. I mean why waste a roster spot on a guy who at best is going to split time 50/50 with Jordan, and at worst be in street clothes for 8 weeks only to come back and get 10 carries a game.

Kevin Jones, RB, Lions

This guy's foot is boggling my mind. I don't know what the hell is going on in Detroit, but there is a lot of crazy coming from that direction. Talking to him, he'ld probably say he's coming back tomorrow, but I think he's just as likely to come back around week 6. Even worse is he comes back and he's ineffective because his foot hurts all the time. He definitely is a valuable back if he's healthy even with Tatum Bell there. Let's be honest. All things being equal KJ gets 75% of the carries and Tatum gets 25%, but who wants to deal with his injury problems. It's like trying to date a girl with an obsessed boyfriend. Just move on. We don't need this kind of stress in our lives. The good news though is he can be had in the 7th round according to his current draft position. That's a reasonable value for the gamble.

Sam Cassell, PG, Clippers

Word on the street is he posted a blog on the internet no one was supposed to read and he's going to have a nervous breakdown if anyone finds it.

Ronnie Brown, RB, Miami

I was all on his nutsack last year and then the entire team seemed to just age about 10 years during the offseason. I had my draft and felt all good about getting Ronnie 9th and then I happened to catch a preseason game and watched in horror as the entire offense and defense looked like it was moving in slow motion, but I think he will outperfrom his draft position this year. They got rid of the human turnover, Culpepper, which should directly lead to more scoring oppurtunities and they got him a fullback to plow the road. Plus Cam Cameron seems to know how to handle a franchise type back. WOOT@!@$!

Brandon Marshall, WR, Broncos

Unfortunately, I think you need to stay away form Marshall this year. The NFL is stupid when it comes to older guys. They just won't bench people, so as long as Rod Smith is there I think he starts which sucks for Marshall fans. It's like Isaac Bruce syndrome. Maybe when Rod Smith breaks his hip, Marshall will get a shot. In keeper and dynsaty though, I would be very interested in Marshall.

Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Colts

Imagine growing up with a name like Craphonso. It's enough to make a man take up frisbee golf. I suspect by week 7 he'll get caught fencing watches or something, and the Bengals will immediately trade for him.

Oops, my bad..Fagg still with Florida St.........do you think he'll "come out" soon? :shocking:

I'm so sorry.

Donte Stallworth, WR, Patriots

I fully expect the Pats to score on every single possession they have this season, escept when they kneel to run out the clock at the end of all 19 wins. Actually, Stallworth might be the hidden jewel of the offense. Imagine if the top 2 receivers for the Pats score 12 TDs and get 140 catches between them which I think is reasonable considering it looks like they are really gearing up for high octane attack. and we know they like to spread the ball around, so give Stallworth 60 catches for 900 yards and about 5 TDs as the floor with a potential for 70 and 1000 and 8 TDs.

Greg Jennings, WR, Packers

I'm not sure what happened to Jennings last year. He started out so well. Then he hurt his ankle or somehting and never really got back on track. Was it a lingering injury? Did he fall out of favor with the Favre? It's quite a mystery. We know he is capable of putting up numbers, but I keep thinking of Michale Clayton when I picture Jennings. It's a little disconcerting. I guess he's going pretty low in drafts, so I would grab him, but I wouldn't shake my junk over grabbing him unless it was in the 8th or 9th.

Dang nobody, you're killin this thread. (in a good way)

Justin Fargas

Maurice Hicks

RicemanX

Brandon Jacobs

Cedric Benson

I have the #1 pick....one of these guys will most likely be my #2 RB.

Cadillac Williams

:shocking:

Plus, he ran over Spare Tire Dixon to get his trophy back. :dunno:

JJ Stokes, WR, FA

I would be surprised if JJ even ends up with a team, but even if he does I don't think he'll have an impact. He had some good plays back in the day though.

Rashaun Woods, WR, FA

Here's the thing. When your out of football for two years. It's pretty much over for you.

Brandon Lloyd, WR, Redskins

I hate this guy. I feel in love with his potential and he burned me. I realized what the allure is though. He makes a spectacular play every 5 games, so you start thinking. Damn, this guy is good, but then he just disappears 90% of the time, so it's a complete waste. I suspect he'll be out of the league in two years.

Randy Moss, WR, Patriots

Lazy Randy probably still ends up being a good 3rd wide receiver. Motivated Randy is probably going to be a good number 1. I have to think he'll be pretty motivated. You have a first rate franchise where everyone is obsessed with winning. You just got shipped out of town for having a slacker attitude, so you probably want to fix that, and if I remmeber the details of his contract correctly, he's playing for money since the pats can opt out of his contract after this year if they want. On the flip side, it's pretty hard to unlearn slacking off, but I think it's worth the shot. Keeping in mind that he's older and a little slower and speed and athleticism was a pretty big part of his game, and New england likes to spread the ball around, I think I would start considering him around third depending on when the run on wide receivers starts, but honestly I would feel a little uneasy with him as my number 1 receiver, but I would feel great if he was my number 2. I guess he's kind of in no man's land.

Chris Chambers, WR, Dolphins

Well they have a new coach and they have a new quarterback and Booker is a fine number 2, but I'm tired of Chambers. Every year he seems like he should breakout and every year he has an excuse why he didn't (mostly legitimate). I wouldn't mind him as my number 2. Cameron runs a nice offense. Judging by his work in San Diego, he seems to not only be able to exploit mismatches, but he's able to create them as well. That's a nice trait in a coach, but everything is nice in preseason.

Justin Fargas, RB, Raiders

Lane Kiffin has always shown that he doesn't mind using multiple backs, and since I think Bush will be on the shelf to start the season and Rhodes is out for 4 weeks, we should know if that's the case right away if Fargas starts getting carries. You have to think he will be thrid on the pecking order though once Rhodes gets back. Couple that with the fact that the offensive line is pretty horrible, and they are probably going to be starting a rookie qb, and let's just leave Fargas out of it.

Maurice Hicks, RB, 49ers

I think Hicks is on his way out the door. You hardly ever see rookies come in and steal your job as the backup, and he somehow lost his job to Michael Robinson. It's weird too because Maurice Hicks is such a cool name when compared to Michael Robinson. Everyone should know a Maurice. I think if your last name is Smith or Robinson or Johnson, you should try to think of somehting more exotic then Michael. Pretty much setting your kid up for a life of mediocity with that name.