Sign in to follow this  
deejsixer

Who is a must have for your team?

A.Green, I am in a ppr auction league and I realy want Aman as my third back. On a $300 budget LT will go for 150 plus, I want Addai,Westbrook, and Aman. A scrub QB (LOsman type)A top five wr. Just areally good feeling.

For me this year it's DJ Hackett. I would take him in the 9th-10th.

I will try to paraphrase as best I can from a mini news conference with Holmgren yesterday regarding his receivers on KJR950am:

"(Deion) Branch will start, Engram will play"

When asked about Hackett as the other starter, Holmgren replied: "That was yesterday's (practice)"....

Seems he was a little underwhelmed with WR play the other day.

Deon Branch - you can't help but look at D Jackson's old stats and think those are the type of numbers the #1 WR can get in SEA. Especially with the same coach, same QB, same RB, and same system. The only question is - is Branch as good as Jackson? Apparently SEA thinks so.

Tony Romo - I can't get past his stats last year. Projected over a full season and he's in the 4,100 yrds and 26 TD club. Amazing that a guy with no real NFL experience can come in and play like a seasoned vet. It probably helps having TD monster Owens on the team, but I also think there's something special about Romo. Talented QB.

Deon Branch - you can't help but look at D Jackson's old stats and think those are the type of numbers the #1 WR can get in SEA. Especially with the same coach, same QB, same RB, and same system. The only question is - is Branch as good as Jackson? Apparently SEA thinks so.

Tony Romo - I can't get past his stats last year. Projected over a full season and he's in the 4,100 yrds and 26 TD club. Amazing that a guy with no real NFL experience can come in and play like a seasoned vet. It probably helps having TD monster Owens on the team, but I also think there's something special about Romo. Talented QB.

I'm not sold on Branch and I'm definitely against you on Romo. In all honesty, I see Romo having some difficult times this year. He's not a bust, look closer at his stats from last year and there's trend. He ate up the weak defenses for the most part, but he really tapered off after the first 5 games or so. He makes a lot of notsagood throws that his excellent receiving core covers for him and he's gotten lucky a few times (that TD that TO score last year that went clean thru the defenders hands in into TO's waiting arms is a prime example). I believe that defenses has a real shortage of gamefilm on him so he was a mystery when he came on, but after about 4-5 weeks they started to figure him out. I think now that they have a book on him, he's not gonna be as successful. I will add an "*" to that, in that he also get the benefit of a new Headcoach, new Off Coord and a whole new scheme, so again he'll have the element of surprise in what is supposed to be a more wide open offense. I still peg him for a top 10 QB but I think way too many people are drinking that coolaid. I firmly believe that I might be able to throw for 3500/25TD with TO, Glenn, Witten and Jones/Barber as my weapons. :thumbsup:

I firmly believe that I might be able to throw for 3500/25TD with TO, Glenn, Witten and Jones/Barber as my weapons.

With the 3rd pick of the 7th round, GobbleDog selects..... jgcrawfish!

With the 3rd pick of the 7th round, GobbleDog selects..... jgcrawfish!

Schwweeeeeet!!! I always wanted to make the League!!! :thumbsup:

In this years draft I really want one of the top qb's like a Brees, Brady or Bulger, I think the dropoff after these guys is quite severe and also depending on where I am drafting I really want Gates. He's as good as any of the mid to low end #2 wr's and I usually go after 3 rb's early for depth so compared to what would be left at wr he's the best option. As far as RB's go I just draft best available dependant upon my draft spot but then again all of this is dependant upon draft position.

depending on where I am drafting I really want Gates. He's as good as any of the mid to low end #2 wr's and I usually go after 3 rb's early for depth so compared to what would be left at wr he's the best option.

Gates will finish as the #1 TE this year, no question. But how many points will Gates outscore the #2 TE? It better be a lot because Gates costs a 3rd round pick. The other TEs only cost a 5th or 6th round pick. Personally, I can't justify that 3rd round pick on Gates.

:doublethumbsup:

I'm not sold on Branch and I'm definitely against you on Romo. In all honesty, I see Romo having some difficult times this year. He's not a bust, look closer at his stats from last year and there's trend. He ate up the weak defenses for the most part, but he really tapered off after the first 5 games or so. He makes a lot of notsagood throws that his excellent receiving core covers for him and he's gotten lucky a few times (that TD that TO score last year that went clean thru the defenders hands in into TO's waiting arms is a prime example). I believe that defenses has a real shortage of gamefilm on him so he was a mystery when he came on, but after about 4-5 weeks they started to figure him out. I think now that they have a book on him, he's not gonna be as successful. I will add an "*" to that, in that he also get the benefit of a new Headcoach, new Off Coord and a whole new scheme, so again he'll have the element of surprise in what is supposed to be a more wide open offense. I still peg him for a top 10 QB but I think way too many people are drinking that coolaid. I firmly believe that I might be able to throw for 3500/25TD with TO, Glenn, Witten and Jones/Barber as my weapons. :doublethumbsup:

I'm going to agree with crawfish. Now that NFL Defensive Coordinators know what kind of tools Romo has, they'll figure a way to stop him. At least slow him down.

Vincent jackson. I will grab him before he would normally go but I got him last year with my last pick and he helped me out. Now that he is the #1 wr in SD I think he could put up some nice numbers. They played together on the practice squad and Rivers is comfortable with him.

I'm going to agree with crawfish. Now that NFL Defensive Coordinators know what kind of tools Romo has, they'll figure a way to stop him. At least slow him down.

Even 85% of last year's production (3,500 yards and 22 TDs) still justifies a 7th round pick.

In this years draft I really want one of the top qb's like a Brees, Brady or Bulger, I think the dropoff after these guys is quite severe....

:bandana:

I agree... I want a top 5 QB this year...

I'll reach for Brees Brady or Bulger because I agree, the QB talent pool after that is not very good.

Until you get to Alex Smith of course :bandana:

I'll reach for Brees Brady or Bulger because I agree, the QB talent pool after that is not very good.

I get the Brees and Bulger hype, but I can't understand Brady. His TDs are money, but his yardage is suspect. Last year was his second lowest passing yardage since he became a full time starter.

:bandana:

I reached last year, and probably will again, to take the Bears D/ST. I just like to be able to plug em in and not think about defense all season. Hell. they've won games for me in the past two seasons. And the reach doesn't even hurt that bad, because when you take them, people (at least in my league) panic and start a run on defenses, so the guys that were avaliable are mostly still there next round anyway.

Also, I had horrible QB's last year. (Warner, Delhomme, Grossman, Frye) and was having to constantly scramble to find a decent start. This year, I want a stud QB, in the brees-mcnabb range.

I get the Brees and Bulger hype, but I can't understand Brady. His TDs are money, but his yardage is suspect. Last year was his second lowest passing yardage since he became a full time starter.

:mad:

Brady did not have Moss or Stallworth last year either.. I predict lots of yards and TD's from Brady this year...

I really want Addai and I plan to take him as early as the 4th overall pick. I expect around 1500 yards, 14 touchdowns, and 60 receptions for 4 touchdowns. You heard it here first.

I agree on Addai.. I think he will put up great numbers!! :wave:

I'm thinking of grabbing McNabb in the 2nd Round (I'm 4th)...with him healthy on Andy Reid's offense...he was plowing over Manning's numbers....FF machine on a TD pass happy offense ! :wave:

I'm thinking of grabbing McNabb in the 2nd Round (I'm 4th)...with him healthy on Andy Reid's offense...he was plowing over Manning's numbers....FF machine on a TD pass happy offense ! :pointstosky:

Why not just wait and get him 3-4 rounds later? :blink:

I'm thinking of grabbing McNabb in the 2nd Round (I'm 4th)...with him healthy on Andy Reid's offense...he was plowing over Manning's numbers....FF machine on a TD pass happy offense ! :pointstosky:

I think you could wait and get McNabb later than that.. But hey that could work out...

Why not just wait and get him 3-4 rounds later? :pointstosky:

I'd love to wait,.....but I don't think he'll make it around to me in the 3rd (we're Philly boys), and all I heard was the McNabb owner barking in my ear how he's outproducing my Manning.

He'll be #1 in FF points at QB, he was last year before going down....which is the only reason he's not #1 ranked.

He's a #1 in disguise, don't want to get greedy and lose him....hence the stretch at 2....bank it !

I'd love to wait,.....but I don't think he'll make it around to me in the 3rd (we're Philly boys), and all I heard was the McNabb owner barking in my ear how he's outproducing my Manning.

He'll be #1 in FF points at QB, he was last year before going down....which is the only reason he's not #1 ranked.

He's a #1 in disguise, don't want to get greedy and lose him....hence the stretch at 2....bank it !

Your call, but even as a Philly homer you can't rely on McNabb to be healthy all year. I'd rather have a solid RB or stud WR in round 2 than a QB who will be hurt by week 5.

Although if you're in a league with all Philly guys, let him blow up, trade him before he goes down, and then you should be all set. :bench:

How many owners are in your league? He'll make it to 3rd round in a 12 teamer - even in Philly. If he doesn't, you don't want him. Do ya?

McNabb is great, no doubt. Last year he was having a career season until he got hurt. But dude.... a 2nd rounder? That's early for any QB, but especially one with McNabb's injury history. Plus he's coming back from a major injury which could effect his game. Seems risky to me.

I've had McNabb the past 3 years.... Guy is the #1 player in FF when he is on the field...trouble is he breaks down after 6 games every year.

Not much of a chance he'll get through the year. I wouldn't reach.

He makes a lot of notsagood throws that his excellent receiving core covers for him and he's gotten lucky a few times (that TD that TO score last year that went clean thru the defenders hands in into TO's waiting arms is a prime example).

Of course the flip side of this is that the top dog in his "excellent" receiving corp led the league in drops, and by a wide margin.

I agree with a top 5 Qb and would even include Mcnabb (maybe)

What round would you take thse guys in?

Manning-

Brees-

Palmer-

Brady-

Bulger-

McNabb-

Vincent jackson. I will grab him before he would normally go but I got him last year with my last pick and he helped me out. Now that he is the #1 wr in SD I think he could put up some nice numbers. They played together on the practice squad and Rivers is comfortable with him.

Agreed.

I'll add a couple of players I'm really high on.

Lee Evans

Marshawn Lynch

Clinton Portis

Vincent Jackson

Jay Cutler

Chris Cooley

Jerious Norwood

I would give my first rounder for the next 3 years for Reggie Bush in my keeper league

I think we need to say this. All together now:

I WILL NOT reach. I compile my carefully tiered cheat sheet and use that as my bible, my guide, and my north star.

I shall not sway from a first tier WR for a 3rd tier RB just because there was a run on them, or if I really like the player or team.

Discipline is the way.

I agree with a top 5 Qb and would even include Mcnabb (maybe)

What round would you take thse guys in?

Manning- ADP 1.12 - you can get a poor man's Manning 3 rounds later with Brees or Bulger, so I'm not using my #1 pick on a QB this year.

Palmer- ADP 3.04 - best of the 2nd tier QBs. Early drafters have to take Palmer or risk missing out on the top 5 QBs altogether. That depends on the league's scoring.

Brady- ADP 3.09 - high ADP considering his low yardage. I think people are betting Moss and Stallworth with change NE's run based system. I bet it won't.

Brees- ADP 4.03 - stud, but I wouldn't draft him here in some leagues. In other leagues with bonus points for big yardage I think he's worth a late 3rd rounder.

Bulger- ADP 4.07 - stud, same as Brees. Depends on the league.

McNabb- ADP 5.01 - great when he plays, but ya can't risk your season on his health so you better draft well and get another good QB.

I think we need to say this. All together now:

I WILL NOT reach. I compile my carefully tiered cheat sheet and use that as my bible, my guide, and my north star.

I shall not sway from a first tier WR for a 3rd tier RB just because there was a run on them, or if I really like the player or team.

Discipline is the way.

Ah, finally the voice of reason.

Much appreciated. :doh:

Even 85% of last year's production (3,500 yards and 22 TDs) still justifies a 7th round pick.

That's about where I'm targeting him, if I decide to go that route. I've been tinkering with Romo/Eli, Romo/Kitna, Kitna/Eli in consecutive rounds. If I can't get Manning/Palmer/Brees/Bulger/Brady/McNabb, that's where I'm heading. Trying to go back to back in 7/8 or 8/9 for those combos.