Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Losing respect for Tiki everyday

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3003699

"If Tom Coughlin had not remained as head coach of the Giants, I might still be in a Giants uniform," Barber writes, according to the Daily News.

"[Coughlin] robbed me of what had been one of the most important things I had in my life, which was the joy I felt playing football," Barber wrote, according to the newspaper. "I had lost that. He had taken it away."

:cry:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3003699

"If Tom Coughlin had not remained as head coach of the Giants, I might still be in a Giants uniform," Barber writes, according to the Daily News.

"[Coughlin] robbed me of what had been one of the most important things I had in my life, which was the joy I felt playing football," Barber wrote, according to the newspaper. "I had lost that. He had taken it away."

:cry:

baby :cry:

Eli is a cry baby and a loser. Coughlin is a horrible coach and will never do anything in NY. Tiki speaks the truth and was the best player on the team, He has earned the right to bash them, since it is true. Wellington Mara even said that Tiki was his favorite player, so even the Duke agrees.

He is just trying to stay in the news, as a news analysist. Doing everything he can to get attention. :pointstosky:

Eli is a cry baby and a loser. Coughlin is a horrible coach and will never do anything in NY. Tiki speaks the truth and was the best player on the team, He has earned the right to bash them, since it is true. Wellington Mara even said that Tiki was his favorite player, so even the Duke agrees.

Fine, no problem, but would Tiki be going off if he wasn't on tv? Retire with some dignity.

hey, he's trying to sell books. :mad: also, i prefer athletes that speak there mind occasionally and don't just use cliches.

"we're just takin it one game at a time" <<<<< "Coughlin is a moron and Eli is a little b!tch." :pointstosky:

:pointstosky: for Tiki....

Although, it's easier to say it now. I wouldn't say something like that while working for or with someone. Well, I might have called Eli out, but no way I'd say something to my boss unless it was my last day.

Giants fan who apprecaited Tiki all these years but

1. It was under coughlin he learned how to not fumble

2. under couglin he had his best season.

3. Every coach is tough , suck it up. Sure couglin isnt the worst and he wants his players to be disiplined which they were not before him.

4. S.T.F.U. Already

:( for Tiki....

Although, it's easier to say it now. I wouldn't say something like that while working for or with someone. Well, I might have called Eli out, but no way I'd say something to my boss unless it was my last day.

it's not like it's the first time he's called out coughlin...he flat out said, "they were out coached" after the panthers kicked their asses 2 years ago.

Tiki now, is as worthless as yourself. Who gives a little focking shitt what thoughts if any he has.

when has eli been a crybaby?

Umm...the whole..."I don't want to play for San Diego" crap he and his daddy pulled?

when has eli been a crybaby?

seriously, have you never looked at eli after he throws an INT or incomplete pass? ya know, the slack jawed, pissy, inbred face?

it's not like it's the first time he's called out coughlin...he flat out said, "they were out coached" after the panthers kicked their asses 2 years ago.

true, forgot about that... :(

lovin it! :(

the poster implied eli has been a crybaby with the giants.

how his facial expression is after an INT or poor throw is not him being a crybaby.

i dont care what he did to san diego, we are talkin about him on the giants.

so, where has eli been a crybaby with the giants?

Coughlin is a retard. Tiki is a fag. That pretty much sums up this situation.

So, Tiki must be the weakest player on the Giants...because he had to take his ball home and cry about it. What a loser..

Tiki is making a Big mistake talking sh1t about Eli & the coach. The one important factor that players turned sportscasters can lean on is that they come from the game. This gives them access to other players & stories that others may not have. He is quickly gaining a reputation that will loose all loyalty from current players.

Last year he blamed a reporter that "Overheard" a conversation about him retireing for leaking the story.....stated he repeatedly asked the reporter to not release the story as it would become a distraction to the team.............Now it seems that Tiki can't keep secreats & will toss anyone under the bus in order to make a splash.

Tiki=Total Douch-bag :(

All the things Tiki says about Eli and Coughlin may be true but that doesnt change the fact that Tiki is a BEEOOOTCH.

Everything he says is so scripted and transparent. He was setting up his post football career for several years while he was still playing. More power to him that he had a plan and made himself marketable but as a man I dont have much respect for the guy.

He's a self serving lil beootch and while he is articulate, I dont find anything he says to have any real meaning. Sure he's dropping a few good nuggets about the Giants but he's just trying to sell books. I dont see how any "real" men like the guy but hey to each his own.

:thumbsdown: to Tiki and his mini Bryant Gumbel voice.

the poster implied eli has been a crybaby with the giants.

how his facial expression is after an INT or poor throw is not him being a crybaby.

i dont care what he did to san diego, we are talkin about him on the giants.

so, where has eli been a crybaby with the giants?

No...the poster stated....

Eli is a cry baby and a loser

Means he is one...was one...and so on. There is no implication that his crying is just about the Giants.

No...the poster stated....

Means he is one...was one...and so on. There is no implication that his crying is just about the Giants.

ok he is one as per your interpretation here. sounds good. i can work with that.

show me the proof he has been a crybaby and is a crybaby with the giants.

i await.

he didnt want to play for san diego. that was 3+ years ago. lets talk about the last 3 years and present.

All this bashing Tiki "the vermin" Barber is doing might motivate some Giants this year.

I think it would be hilarious if Jacobs would break Barbers rushing mark or other records the first year. Barber's best was 357 carries, 1860 yards 5.2 YPC in 2005

His best year for TDs was 13 rushing and 2 receiving in 2004.

Beat them all Jacobs, this year to shut his azz up.

he didnt want to play for san diego. that was 3+ years ago. lets talk about the last 3 years and present.

Why? Why limit it to that? Why not take his entire crying history into consideration (given how much of a whiny biotch that not going to SD was?). Not to mention how idiotic he is now with a struggling Giants team rather than an AFC contending Chargers team.

But it seems you want to forget the past because it reflects poorly on the guy.

Truth is, every player has a reason they are no longer playing. Tiki was more than capable of still playing, but for whatever reason he chooses to talk about football rather than play it (saving his body, whatever). I think he's doing himself a disservice by pointing fingers at the Giants(namely Coughlin and Eli), but make no mistake he is showing some disrespect to the organization. Unlike Ronde, who is very well liked around the league...Tiki is not as respected as a person. He's proving that he cannot be trusted, and by naming names his credibility with players and coaches will drop.

Why would any active player speak to Tiki on or off the record? I can see active players providing day to day media information along with that week's broadcast team, but do you think they just pick up the phone and would call Tiki?

Come on, this is the same guy who called out Michael Strahan during Strahan's negotiations...a-hole.(from wikipedia)

In 2002, All-Pro Giants defensive end Michael Strahan was negotiating a new contract, and Tiki Barber publicly criticized Michael Strahan's negotiating stance. He felt Strahan should have agreed to the contract the Giants offered and remarked that Strahan was greedy. The contract impacted the team as Strahan's cap number exceeded $12 million and the new contract would have lowered Strahan's cap number, greatly helping the team get under the 2002 Salary Cap. "I don't know if he realizes how much $17 million is," Barber told the NY Post. "That is absolutely ridiculous, to turn that down. He's already the highest-paid defensive player in the league. He's already making more than most quarterbacks...Michael is not thinking about the team; he's thinking about himself."[1]

Keith Hamilton, a teammate of Strahan and Barber at the time, then responded with comments critical of Barber. Players generally believe that they should not speak about the contracts of other players. Beyond that, some members of the Giants defense harbored resentment of the offense, which was lackluster and unproductive in the 1990s. "The defense has carried the offense, carried the team, since I've been here," Hamilton told The Star-Ledger. "[barber] hasn't been here long enough or done enough to say anything. For him to shoot his mouth off, acting like he's Mr. New York, yeah, I'm ticked off. Strahan is the single-season sack record-holder. He's the AP Defensive Player of the Year. He's one of the best - if not the best - defensive ends in the game. And you tell me this guy is being greedy? That's a bunch of crap. I've heard enough. Who is Tiki Barber to shoot his mouth off? What has he done? He talks like he's acting in the best interest of the team. Tell him to give his $7 million (signing bonus) back. Since he's so charitable, why doesn't he volunteer his $7 million? He says all the politically correct things. Ask him if he's giving up some of his money."

Granted I believe his criticism last year of Coughlin was to deflect from Eli's play, but the stuff lately is just uncalled for but hey...people are talking about him. Of course, no one will talk to him.

Coughlin is a retard. Tiki is a fag. That pretty much sums up this situation.

Where else can you go for in-depth football talk like that? Nowhere. That's where!

Also, Tiki's just trying to be shocking, so that he can make a name for himself as a broadcaster. He wants to be the center of controversy, in order to seperate himself from all the wannabe retired-players-turned journalists out there. It's all very calculated.

I don;t get why everyone is hating on him......he's being honest about how he felt and he's giving a first hand perspective of a major market team because he was the marquee player for a number of years.

I could understand him getting bashed if he said all this stuff WHILE he was still playing (ala T.O.) but he didn't. He had a few moments of frustration where he let off some steam like a LOT of other players do but other than that, Tiki was a model citizen and the LEADER of the offense.

Now he's in broadcasting and he says what he truly feels about the Giants players, coaching staff and management....what's wrong with that?

What do you guys want him to sugar coat it and give generic analysis like every other nfl jounalist?

geez, the guy can't win

I always felt all athletes should have been a lot MORE like Tiki Barber

I'm a die hard Giants fan and WAS a huge Tiki fan, having met him several times I always had the utmost respect for the man, but what he is doing now and the things he is saying are just pathetic. Have some pride man, remember it was you that walked away at the top of your career no one forced you away! Agreed Coughlin may not be the best coach and might make some bad decisions but thats no reason to walk away from the game. You don't just quit because you don't like someone... I hated my coaches and what did I do? Put my head down and proved that I was the leader and RB on my team.

Hey Tiki I've got one more question for you since you're now in the spotlight and trying to step into politics as well... 'If Martin Luther King or any other Civil Rights activist for that matter quit because they were given a hard time where would you be right now?'

Tiki is a big time Douche bag and is shown no love from this G-Man... Jacobs is the new sherrif in town and is gonna dominate.

I don;t get why everyone is hating on him......he's being honest about how he felt and he's giving a first hand perspective of a major market team because he was the marquee player for a number of years.

I could understand him getting bashed if he said all this stuff WHILE he was still playing (ala T.O.) but he didn't. He had a few moments of frustration where he let off some steam like a LOT of other players do but other than that, Tiki was a model citizen and the LEADER of the offense.

Now he's in broadcasting and he says what he truly feels about the Giants players, coaching staff and management....what's wrong with that?

What do you guys want him to sugar coat it and give generic analysis like every other nfl jounalist?

geez, the guy can't win

I always felt all athletes should have been a lot MORE like Tiki Barber

We will see, it works for Barkley in basketball...but Barkley is likable. Tiki maybe viewed a bit differently by his teammates and other players around the league.

I think he has every right to be honest about it, and in fact has an obligation to do so. This is in a book, so it's history being recorded. If he hated playing for Coughlin, it should be accurately reflected in the record. If it was a factor in his retirement, it should be noted.

That said, his comments on Strahan's contract dispute are ridiculous. On the one hand he says the Giants underpaid him by $10 mil, but then he says Strahan is being greedy for demanding just compensation? Ludicrous.

I guess I don't have a problem with him speaking his mind. Like others have noted, this may make it difficult to gain access to players and coaches down the line.

Is he being "whiney". I don't know. I thinks he's just stating the truth of why he's retired. He loved the game of football, but he wasn't driven so much by it that he was willing to be miserable to play it. Coughlin made the game miserable for him and so he hung it up. That's his prerogative. At least he didn't pull the "demand to be traded" crap I get so sick of.

A lot of us hang on to jobs we don't really like because we like the pay. I give him credit for walking away from a very high paying job rather than being miserable.

I disagree with this thread. It is well known how Coughlin runs his team. Imagine having pretty much all day everyday run by a super tight-ass coach.

I bet Coughlin makes it loads of fun to go out there and practice everyday :first:

That being said its a job and no one goes out of their way to make my day fun. If your getting paid millions of dollars you should shut up about it because no one is going to feel sad for you.

I can see though when a guy has already made his money would choose not to go through another year of being told what to do from a guy like Coughlin. I'd probably last two days with the guy before I told him to F@#$ himself.

You guys really oughta get off Eli's case... especially over the San Diego sh*t. Good Lord it's been 4 years now get over it already. The Chargers got Rivers so it is not like it really hurt them. Eli got what he wanted, so everyone's happy. WTF give it a rest. I think Eli has handled the pressure on him pretty well. I don't hear him making excuses... hhmm Tiki on the other hand, he was a good player, but Caughlin's the excuse he gives for leaving his team in the lurch. ;) Not too cool. As a Giants fan I wish he would quit talking sh*t. He was a big enough distraction last year, he shouldn't continue it this year trying to get TV time, or sell books or whatever his motivation is.

IMHO

Why? Why limit it to that? Why not take his entire crying history into consideration (given how much of a whiny biotch that not going to SD was?). Not to mention how idiotic he is now with a struggling Giants team rather than an AFC contending Chargers team.

But it seems you want to forget the past because it reflects poorly on the guy.

no it seems you cant point to anything about eli being a crybaby except him not wanting to play for san diego.

im waiting.

Tiki Barber went from a fumbling, 3rd down, scat back, to a stud RB b/c Coughlin showed him how to properly carry the football. What an a**.

You guys really oughta get off Eli's case... especially over the San Diego sh*t. Good Lord it's been 4 years now get over it already. The Chargers got Rivers so it is not like it really hurt them. Eli got what he wanted, so everyone's happy. WTF give it a rest. I think Eli has handled the pressure on him pretty well. I don't hear him making excuses... hhmm Tiki on the other hand, he was a good player, but Caughlin's the excuse he gives for leaving his team in the lurch. ;) Not too cool. As a Giants fan I wish he would quit talking sh*t. He was a big enough distraction last year, he shouldn't continue it this year trying to get TV time, or sell books or whatever his motivation is.

IMHO

lol...yeah Tiki distracted the Giants all the way into the play-offs with his career games at the end of the season

I'm sure they would have made it that far without him....because Eli's one hoppers and INT's were definitely getting it done

Talk to Strahan if you guys want to complain about distractions

Before Coughlin -- Tiki was a nobody who had a few solid seasons but Fumbled the ball like he was giving it away !

Under Tom Coughlin -- he A. Never fumbled Mucvh after he was taught a new way to carry the ball.

B. Had the 3 greatest years of his career and from that even might get HOF considerations

C. Under Coughlin was though of as one of the gretaest Backs in the game ( at that time )

W/O coughlin Barber is nothing noone woulda cared or talked about right now ! What a ungrateful POS ! this idiot is.

Tiki is a poosay. His wife told him to stop playing football before he got hurt and since she keeps his balls in her night stand he quit. Tiki can't be a man at home so he needs to act like a tough guy on the radio and in the news papers so people will think he really is a man.

Everyone hates a whinner! He is starting to lose respect amongst the players and fans, not good for his new profession.

Poor millionaire player complaining his coach was too tough on him...whaaaaaaaaaaa! You can dry your eyes with all your greenery you poussay!