Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Why the Redskins will beat the Patriots...

Matchup problems... The Skins D has secondary talent and we match up well with Rogers, Springs, Smoot, Macklin, Taylor and Landry... I however do worry about the offense that has 3 backups playing on the line... if we can control the ball, and make some plays... the defense will keep it tight.

Skins 24

Patriots 21

:shocking:

...and that Redskins makeshift o-line and offense should really put a scare in the Pats. I think you have a point with the defense, it's the offense that might not get over 14 points.

I don't know which is farther from the truth:

The Redskins will beat the Pats.

The Patriots will only score 21.

:unsure:

...because you're a homer who is hoping beyond hope that it happens? :thumbsup: FWIW, I think they have a better shot than most of doing it and actually hope they do even though I'm an Eagles fan!

I can see the skins holding the pats under 24 points....however...no way skins score more than 14

Any given Sunday...

Unless you really think the Patriots are going to go 19-0 this year, then you have to think they will stub their toe against an inferior team somewhere down the line. It may not be this week, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. Washington's a young and underrated team.

Any given Sunday...

Unless you really think the Patriots are going to go 19-0 this year, then you have to think they will stub their toe against an inferior team somewhere down the line. It may not be this week, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. Washington's a young and underrated team.

They are good....but their offense is not underatted....their defense might be a little...

But do you really think they are going to score more than 14-17 points??? (Not including garbage TD's)

I just hope the Td's they do get go to Cooley...

Matchup problems... The Skins D has secondary talent and we match up well with Rogers, Springs, Smoot, Macklin, Taylor and Landry... I however do worry about the offense that has 3 backups playing on the line... if we can control the ball, and make some plays... the defense will keep it tight.

Do NOT use "talent" and Smoot, Rogers, and Macklin in the same sentence. Those guys are going to be used like dollars at a strip club.

It is more likely that the Skins get beat by the total of your projected scores.

Skins 24

Patriots 21

:thumbsup:

You couldn't beat Favriffic and did all you could against him and lost. How the heck do you even think you have a chance?

However, I will tell you that you do have a chance with the right game plan. Your coaches will fail to realize it so the skins will lose. The only way to beat the Pats with your team is bring heat EVERY play until Brady is carried out. I am talking about ignoring roughing the passer penalties, 12 men on the field penalties, etc. Bring it until he runs scared off the field or is carried off. Otherwise, take your loss.

You couldn't beat Favriffic and did all you could against him and lost. How the heck do you even think you have a chance?

However, I will tell you that you do have a chance with the right game plan. Your coaches will fail to realize it so the skins will lose. The only way to beat the Pats with your team is bring heat EVERY play until Brady is carried out. I am talking about ignoring roughing the passer penalties, 12 men on the field penalties, etc. Bring it until he runs scared off the field or is carried off. Otherwise, take your loss.

Our offense lost us that game.. NOT the Defense... I also like your suggestion :rolleyes:

Any given Sunday...

Keep preaching my man :rolleyes:

They are good....but their offense is not underatted....their defense might be a little...

But do you really think they are going to score more than 14-17 points??? (Not including garbage TD's)

I just hope the Td's they do get go to Cooley...

Don't know if they are, I'm just saying they could. How many people thought Cleveland could put up 51 before their game against the Bengals? Unexpected things happen in the NFL every week.

Agreed about the offense tho -- below average "bus driver" kind of offense. It's easy to shut down unless Campbell or Portis play out of their minds. If the Skins pull off the miracle, I'm guessing it won't be in a shootout.

Do NOT use "talent" and Smoot, Rogers, and Macklin in the same sentence. Those guys are going to be used like dollars at a strip club.

It is more likely that the Skins get beat by the total of your projected scores.

exactly... our secondary is going to be like money!

cashin in on roughin the passer penalties.

Springs on Moss with Taylor over head..

Rogers on Stallworth

Macklin/Smoot on Walker...

Landry roamin free...

McIntosh on whomever is your TE --> Watson is O.U.T.

Skins 24

Patriots 21

:rolleyes:

this might make more sense if you can explain how the skins could possibly put up 24 points without playing the lions again.

i mean, they only hung 21 on the cardinals. granted, arizona has a much better defense and ball control offense than new england, but...

I seriously want to see laundry hurt someone bad...like the hit's you see on tv and everybody in the room is silent and we all have goosebumps. Yeah...something like that would be nice...I want him to hit moss so hard he knocks the black off of him...

Go skins...!!!!

Of course they aren't really going to win....

I wonder how much video the pats have on these guys??

The only way the redskins can score 24 points agains the Patriots is with 3 special teams TD's

First, the Patriots will hit Randy Moss for 3 touchdowns on the first drive. Then, when the Redskins get the ball, Belichick will use his psychic powers to remove the ball from Campbell's hands and place it in the hands of Junior Seau. He will then score two touchdowns.

On the next drive, having been judged unworthy to get the ball back, the Redskins will surrender possession to the Patriots. Brady will then use his +3 Football of Domination and throw a perfect 110-yard strike to Welker.

When the Skins attempt to block the Patriots mighty defensive line, their uniforms and shoulder pads will disintegrate from the might of their blows. Washington will be penalized for daring to try and stop such a mighty team, and they will be forced to play the remainder of the game nude. Cris Collinsworth will then try to be funny and make a joke about an "ugly win" for New England.

Sometime around the second quarter, the Redskins will collectively lose the will to live. They will collapse in the middle of the field into the fetal position and begin quietly sobbing. The Patriots will then choose to not run up the score too badly on these poor pitiful simpletons. Such is the grace and mercy of mastermind Belichick.

Final score -- Patriots 364, Redskins -4.

</PatsFan>

First, the Patriots will hit Randy Moss for 3 touchdowns on the first drive. Then, when the Redskins get the ball, Belichick will use his psychic powers to remove the ball from Campbell's hands and place it in the hands of Junior Seau. He will then score two touchdowns.

On the next drive, having been judged unworthy to get the ball back, the Redskins will surrender possession to the Patriots. Brady will then use his +3 Football of Domination and throw a perfect 110-yard strike to Welker.

When the Skins attempt to block the Patriots mighty defensive line, their uniforms and shoulder pads will disintegrate from the might of their blows. Washington will be penalized for daring to try and stop such a mighty team, and they will be fored to play the remainder of the game nude. Cris Collinsworth will then try to be funny and make a joke about an "ugly win" for New England.

Sometime around the second quarter, the Redskins will collectively lose the will to live. They will collapse in the middle of the field into the fetal position and begin quietly sobbing. The Patriots will then choose to not run up the score too badly on these poor pitiful simpletons. Such is the grace and mercy of mastermind Belichick.

</PatsFan>

:mad:

Our offense lost us that game.. NOT the Defense... I also like your suggestion :mad:

Beleive me I am serious. Any team that just sits back, rushes 4 all day long, may as well just not show up. Brady needs to feel some pain on every play. Even after he carved up Miami the 1st couple drives, they just let him have his way with them like a bunch of sissies.

Jam the receivers at the line, bring 7 every play unitl Brady starts whining. Then hurt him. If he gets off the pass and they score, bring it again next series. What do you have to lose? Ya got more to gain by hurting this guy.

Final score -- Patriots 44, Redskins 10.

</PatsFan>

:mad:

When the Skins attempt to block the Patriots mighty defensive line, their uniforms and shoulder pads will disintegrate from the might of their blows. Washington will be penalized for daring to try and stop such a mighty team, and they will be forced to play the remainder of the game nude. Cris Collinsworth will then try to be funny and make a joke about an "ugly win" for New England.

</PatsFan>

Like the Pats will ever start on their one yard line. That story is so unrealistic.

Skins 2.4

Patriots 210

:headbanger:

I think you had some decimal problems ... No need to fix it, I did it for you!

The Patriots will beat the skins because.

Offense

The Pats will establish a running game with Laurence "Kool Aid" Maroney pounding the ball inside early and often. I could even see the Pats dropping a long run on the Skins real early. The Washington corners and safeties are very talented and do match up well against the Pats recievers but the early running will force the Skins DBacks to come up a few steps and bring another man into the box. BOOM Brady will hit Welker, Moss or Stallworth down the seam or right over the top for a big hit. By then it will be 14-0 or 21-0 nad Washington won't have an answer. They'll press make mistakes on D and Brady and the Pats will gash them.

Defense

Jason Campbell vs a GREAT D! Rodney, Brushci, Vrabel, Seymour, Wilfork, Samuel, Merriweather, Colvin, Adalius Thomas, and Coach B will confuse the young QB. He'll try to run and scramble but he's not that athletic or fast and he's going to get hit and turn the ball over. 2 Defensive TD's.

This game isn't going to be close.

Skins 24

Patriots 21

:cheers:

Just Trying To Help

:thumbsup:

Beleive me I am serious. Any team that just sits back, rushes 4 all day long, may as well just not show up. Brady needs to feel some pain on every play. Even after he carved up Miami the 1st couple drives, they just let him have his way with them like a bunch of sissies.

Jam the receivers at the line, bring 7 every play unitl Brady starts whining. Then hurt him. If he gets off the pass and they score, bring it again next series. What do you have to lose? Ya got more to gain by hurting this guy.

There are 2 major flaws to your Master Plan Mein Fuhrer :wacko:

1. The Redskins would NOT be able "Out Muscle" the Patriots long enough to create the sustained type of pressure your plan relies on for success. They are simply NOT strong enough.....Period. I'm not saying they aren't talented.....they are, they will just run out of gas however......and short of there goal.

2. What do you have to lose? Ya got more to gain by hurting this guy?

The answer here is Everything & No You Don't!

As it has been stated in numerous posts........The Patriots are sending a message this year. Right now WAS is only on the radar as an opponent......make no mistake, the Pats will aim to steamroll WAS........but if they get a sniff of something like that going on.......They will retaliate with extreme prejudice & cold efficiency. As it has also been stated in numerous posts......The patriots allegedly have a number of "DIRTY" players on the payroll.......and if I'm not mistaken they are of the "HIGHEST CALIBER" of that sort. It's unlikely that the Skins would make the playoffs this year if Campbell & S.Moss were assassinated. The Secret Service won't be there in Foxboro to protect them. :thumbsup:

I nominate this for the funny thread of the day.

I second that, although I do have the Redskins in my $500 parlay. So if Washington can keep this game within two TD'ssssss oh crap I am probably screwed. Well it was the Redskins that broke the Pats 22 game winning streak. So maybe history repeats itself yes/no come on.

I second that, although I do have the Redskins in my $500 parlay. So if Washington can keep this game within two TD'ssssss oh crap I am probably screwed. Well it was the Redskins that broke the Pats 22 game winning streak. So maybe history repeats itself yes/no come on.

:pointstosky:

What do you guys think Portis will do? I'm reluctantly starting him over K. Jones today....

Pats get up on everyone so fast that idk how many carries Portis will even get.

I would like to see Sean Taylor start delivering some shots to these Pats' players knees.

It's only right.

Stop being an idiot and creating bad karma for MY team.

MIKE VRABEL HAS MORE RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS THAN ALL OF THE REDSKINS RECEIVERS COMBINED!