Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

If the Pats go 16-0

Of course there should be an asterisk. They were a bunch of cheating focktards. GB Shula for pointing this out and giving us all (outside of the NE apologist region) a plausible reason to point out the fallicy of their matching the 72 Dolphins. :overhead:

When i first heard the head line i was like, thats stupid. But then i heard his reasoning on ESPN and at least he backs it up with a valid point. Because of how the NFL punished them, they obviously did something wrong.

But in the end, i don't think there should be.

Hmmm, I seem to remember a little movie called "North Dallas Forty". It described what teams were doing at the time and I believe Miami may have benefited from some of these actions since it was so "the thing to do". Much like steroid use today, I bet Miami was dirty. Shula sux and is a cry baby.

not as much as the tuck rule year or the other 2 cheating titles...

but to a small degree..yes...

just because the pats handed over SOME of the videotape...im not naive to actually think that they still dont have files and notes on every team.....

its like a teacher taking a cheated on test from a student...big deal...punish him and give him an F..that student still knows how to cheat and will again....

not as much as the tuck rule year or the other 2 cheating titles...

but to a small degree..yes...

just because the pats handed over SOME of the videotape...im not naive to actually think that they still dont have files and notes on every team.....

its like a teacher taking a cheated on test from a student...big deal...punish him and give him an F..that student still knows how to cheat and will again....

Or like getting the answer key to all the tests. When asked to return them after getting caught, he will, after making copies.

:wave:*

:banana:

I think it funny that a bunch of guys on a Fantasy Football website know nothing about football. Just look at 90% of the threads on the main board. Retards.

There should be a * next to the 1972 dolphins because they only played 14 regular season games.

There should be a * next to the 1972 dolphins because they only played 14 regular season games.

Did they skip some that the league scheduled for them? <_<

Absolutely. Next to the *, it will say

"The Patriots did not play the Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, and Seattle Seahawks. If the Patriots had played these teams, they would be 34-0."

UPDATE: A reader points out that the Dolphins were nailed by the league for tampering in connection with the hiring of Shula to be their head coach in 1970. The penalty was a first-round draft pick. So if the head coach of the team that went 17-0 two years later was hired through improper means, shouldn't the team's accomplishments with said coach carry an asterisk, too?

profootballtalk.com

Since there were less teams in the league, the talent wasn't as watered down, and therefore the Dolphins were playing more talented teams than New England by comparison. Miami's achievement is more impressive despite playing less games.

And they didn't get a week off in the middle of the season for a bye so that they could heal injuries.

Always thought Miami deserved an * for the fact that anything prior to the free-agency era was a shiitload easier to accomplish. Think of the "Dynasty" teams of the 70's. They didn't do shiit after free agency came into play.

Anybody know the collective winning % of the 72 'fins opponents?

Since there were less teams in the league, the talent wasn't as watered down, and therefore the Dolphins were playing more talented teams than New England by comparison. Miami's achievement is more impressive despite playing less games.

And they didn't get a week off in the middle of the season for a bye so that they could heal injuries.

What was the cap like back then?

What was the cap like back then?

I realize that it was a number of years ago, but I'm fairly certain that the players were wearing helmets.

Yes without a doubt.

And a * next to their SuperBowl Victories.

They should share the championships with the teams they played. <_<

Anybody know the collective winning % of the 72 'fins opponents?

Geebus, .396? Are you frickin KIDDING me? So much for the whole "there were less teams so there was more competition" argument.

Basically, 99 percent of the teams since 1950 had a more difficult season schedule than the 1972 Dolphins. That is a very easy schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/epstein/72dolphins.html

Anyone else find it funny that the two biggest arsehole coaches of all time are involved in this discussion?

Geebus, .396? Are you frickin KIDDING me? So much for the whole "there were less teams so there was more competition" argument.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/epstein/72dolphins.html

Bills. Jets. Miami. Playing them twice this year. That's 6 cupcakes right there.

Those players from the '72 Dolphins could beat those creampuffs today. I think the ones that died could take the Dolphins to overtime.

Bills. Jets. Miami. Playing them twice this year. That's 6 cupcakes right there.

The Patriots have beaten the 7-1 Colts and Cowboys. Six of their nine games have been against teams currently at .500 or above. They still have games ahead against Pittsburgh and the Giants.

IF - big IF - the Patriots were to go through the regular season undefeated they will almost certainly have beaten four playoff teams and potentially a couple more. The 72 Dolphins played no playoff teams during the regular season. Yeah the playoffs had less teams then but still. I think the best team they faced finished at 8-6.

Those players from the '72 Dolphins could beat those creampuffs today. I think the ones that died could take the Dolphins to overtime.

The 2007 Bills would beat the 72 Dolphins.

The 2007 Bills would beat the 72 Dolphins.

The dead ones, or the ones in wheelchairs? :lol:

I think all the other 31 teams should have an * next to their records for trying to pretend they are in the same league as the Patriots.

It doesn't matter cause come playoff time, Peyton Manning is going to own Tom Brady just like last year. :nono:

retards*

It doesn't matter cause come playoff time, Peyton Manning is going to own Tom Brady just like last year. :nono:

Like McNabb is being owned by every team? :thumbsup:

Manning has no shot in Foxboro.

Like McNabb is being owned by every team? :thumbsup:

Manning has no shot in Foxboro.

Meh. I know McNabb and the Eagles suck this year, but at least they're not a bunch of cheating focktards like the Gaytriots. Manning owned the Pats in the playoffs last year, just like the Broncos owned them the year before. Brady is going to choke in the playoffs again now that the Gaytriots aren't cheating.

:nono:

I think all the other 31 teams should have an * next to their records for trying to pretend they are in the same league as the Patriots.

You must have missed the game Sunday where the Patriots were dominated for 3 1/2 quarters?

Meh. I know McNabb and the Eagles suck this year, but at least they're not a bunch of cheating focktards like the Gaytriots. Manning owned the Pats in the playoffs last year, just like the Broncos owned them the year before. Brady is going to choke in the playoffs again now that the Gaytriots aren't cheating.

:overhead:

Manning couldn't even win at home, with the refs and fake crowd noise on his side. How can he possibly win in Foxboro when it is chilly and there is a breeze? :lol:

Imagine how good the Eagles would be with Belicheck and Brady? :overhead:

You must have missed the game Sunday where the Patriots were dominated for 3 1/2 quarters?

I'm sorry. I must have just looked at the final score. :overhead: