Sign in to follow this  
Justy2

Green Bay vs. Dallas

Green Bay vs. Dallas  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay
    • Dallas

I don't think that the Packers have it, but hey what do I know, it's the NFC.

Depending on a few key injuries (Woodson, Tauscher, KGB, Collins/Rouse)...I think GB wins it.

Their offense can do some things that I don't think Dallas matches up very well with (mostly the spread out 4-5 wide looks).

Harris will be locked up with TO and can play press coverage on him just as good as anyone in the league.

The big thing will be Woodson and his ability to go. And one of the two safeties to help out with Witten.

The big thing for GB period is stopping Witten, they don't do a good job on TEs and Witten is one of the best in the league.

I think it will come down to who has the better game....Favre or Romo.

Wow - lots of love so far for GB. I'm a fan too but they're playing in Dallas and who's going to guard T.O. if Woodson's out. I'd put money on Bigby giving the Boys a bunch of freebie yards on penalties.

I like GB.

Both teams match-up well in this one, but I just think that Dallas' secondary is susceptible to to big plays in the passing game, which GB has had plenty of this year. And I think those big plays will make all the difference in this game

Wow - lots of love so far for GB. I'm a fan too but they're playing in Dallas and who's going to guard T.O. if Woodson's out. I'd put money on Bigby giving the Boys a bunch of freebie yards on penalties.

You have to know...this poll really isn't "If you got a million $ if you got the winner correct", it's "Who would you like to see win" in the eyes of most voters.

I personally think it's a "pick-em" game, and give the nod to Dallas, as the game is at home for the Cowboys.

I think that these are two pretty evenly matched teams, and echo the thought that how GB handles Witten will be a key factor in the outcome. I don't see either team winning in a blowout. Given that, home field might just be the edge - Dallas by a field goal.

As for who I would LIKE to see win, it's as easy as ABC (Anyone But the Cowboys).

You have to know...this poll really isn't "If you got a million $ if you got the winner correct", it's "Who would you like to see win" in the eyes of most voters.

I personally think it's a "pick-em" game, and give the nod to Dallas, as the game is at home for the Cowboys.

I agree with what you said. I would rather see the Packers win, but if I was betting on the game I'd pick Dallas to win, primarily because of home field advantage.

Ummm...Woodson would not guard TO if he was 100% healthy.

Harris will be on him whether Woodson plays or not.

dallas vs Ryan Grant

or

Green Bay vs Marion Barber/Julius Jones

advantage Dallas

the running game will determine the outcome and dallas will stop Grant. ex Adrian Peterson 70yds, Portis 36yds, BJacobs 95, noone runs on dallas.

just my opinion......Dallas 31 GBay 23......

My first thought is the same. Homefield gets the win in this matchup. Green Bay has won all of it's road games this year though, and a few were against teams that traditionally have fantastic homefield advantages.

@ NYG - 35-13

@ Minny - 23-16

@ Denver - 19-13

@ KC - 33-22

@ Detroit - 37-26

IMO their road wins are more quality than Dallas' road wins even though the Cowboys are 5-0 on the road as well.

Favre has never won in Dallas but this isn't the same Favre we've seen in the recent past and this isn't the same GB team we've seen behind him either.

I admit, I pick this one with my heart. Green Bay in a close one.

dallas vs Ryan Grant

or

advantage Dallas

the running game will determine the outcome and dallas will stop Grant. ex Adrian Peterson 70yds, Portis 36yds, BJacobs 95, noone runs on dallas.

Both defenses are very close against the rush. Dallas has faced 24 less rushing attempts than Green Bay and have allowed just under 100 less yards. This may be attributed to Dallas getting up quick on teams and the other teams needing to pass more.

The Cowboys are far superior. They are the best team in the NFC and the Packers are at least a tier behind them.

You continue to look ridiculous after the Lions blew it on Thursday. You should be worrying more about your team trying to crawl it's way into the playoffs. Instead, you choose to slam the team that just beat up your honolulu blues.

The Cowboys are far superior. They are the best team in the NFC and the Packers are at least a tier behind them.

You are a delusional Packer hater and that is obvious from your posts on this topic.

Thanks.

I don't think that the Packers have it, but hey what do I know, it's the NFC.

The NFC is leading the head to head games against the AFC this year. Don't try that, "It's the NFC crap!"

I see more people think Green Bay will win. You people do know Dallas is the better team and they are playing at home? Green Bay has injuries, which I am sure the Packers will let you know after the game when they whine about losing. There is so much Packer love here, I think John Madden must be a member of this site. Enjoy the next few days Packer fans! Thursday night, you will not be posting on this site for fear of being called losers. :music_guitarred:

If Woodson is out it will be a big blow to GB.

But Al Harris is the better cover corner anyway.

I don't know why people think Woodson is better, they must not watch the games, and just go by his number of INTs.

The NFC is leading the head to head games against the AFC this year. Don't try that, "It's the NFC crap!"

I see more people think Green Bay will win. You people do know Dallas is the better team and they are playing at home?

That Dallas is the better team is your opinion. And given your history on this board, an opinion that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Green Bay has injuries, which I am sure the Packers will let you know after the game when they whine about losing.

They have some key injuries which could determine alot of things. They have a very good defense...but are now down two DTs, possibly a starting safety and starting corner, and a very good pass rusher in KGB. Oh yeah...and their starting right tackle is dinged too.

Its not about whining if we lose...its about facts going into this game.

If Ware was out, you would be talking about it.

There is so much Packer love here, I think John Madden must be a member of this site.

Sorry you cannot handle that Dallas is not far and away the best team in the NFC...because they are not.

Enjoy the next few days Packer fans! Thursday night, you will not be posting on this site for fear of being called losers. :music_guitarred:

We will enjoy it...and the rest of the season...and we will be posting after the game as we always have. Losers? You will call Packer fans losers if a football team does not win? Nice.

:rolleyes:

You are a delusional Packer hater and that is obvious from your posts on this topic.

Thanks.

Talk all you want, all I will have to do is tell you to look at the scoreboard late Thursday night. :music_guitarred:

If Woodson is out it will be a big blow to GB.

But Al Harris is the better cover corner anyway.

I don't know why people think Woodson is better, they must not watch the games, and just go by his number of INTs.

Name recognition.

How do you figure....because you are a Lions fan?

By far superior? You are funny.

dallas vs Ryan Grant

or

advantage Dallas

Yeah, people see to forget that Dallas is great at stopping the run. Dallas stops the run better than most of the teams in the NFL. That will indeed be the difference. Green Bay also lacks a top notch WR like T.O. and this will hurt them.

Your score seems correct, I would go Dallas 34 Green Bay 27

How do you figure....because you are a Lions fan?

By far superior? You are funny.

Talk is cheap! See you Thursday Night! :music_guitarred:

Dallas 34 Green Bay 27

Talk all you want, all I will have to do is tell you to look at the scoreboard late Thursday night. :music_guitarred:

:rolleyes:

Green Bay also lacks a top notch WR like T.O. and this will hurt them.

Why would that hurt them? B/c of Dallas' lock down DB's? :music_guitarred:

Brett spreads the ball all over and Green Bay can hurt Dallas in as many, if not more ways than Dallas can hurt Green Bay.

It should be a great game and I can't see this one being a blow out either way.

I could just as easily say GB 34 - Dallas 27.

Yeah, people see to forget that Dallas is great at stopping the run. Dallas stops the run better than most of the teams in the NFL. That will indeed be the difference. Green Bay also lacks a top notch WR like T.O. and this will hurt them.

I don't forget it at all.

Green Bay has 5 WRs that are as good if not better than what Dallas has after TO.

Since when do teams have to have a top notch WR to win games?

dallas vs Ryan Grant

or

advantage Dallas

The Packers have attempted the 2nd most passes and the 3rd fewest runs in the league. Dallas' weakness is in the deep passing game, and it's Favre's strength. I don't think the running game will determine the outcome of this game myself. :music_guitarred:

Enjoy the next few days Packer fans! Thursday night, you will not be posting on this site for fear of being called losers. :cry:

As much as I lay awake at night...fearing Pimptaddy calling me a loser on a fantasy football message board...I think somehow, someway I will gather myself and make an appearance here Friday morning if Green Bay loses. If not for myself, I will do it to set an example for the generations that follow me...an example of courage, bravery, and dignity.

You are a giant f@g

i think dallas is better, plain and simple. much better? prolly not, but better.

green bay 24

dallas 30

The Packers have attempted the 2nd most passes and the 3rd fewest runs in the league. Dallas' weakness is in the deep passing game, and it's Favre's strength. I don't think the running game will determine the outcome of this game myself. :cry:

Hey Hood,

I dont think the running game will determine the game either. However i said it would because whatever we "all think and predict" usually is not what happens.

take it for what its worth......... :pointstosky:

I'd love to see the Pack win this one, but on the road with all the injuries they have, its going to take a phenomenal performance for them to pull it off.

I feel Dallas will win this one by 4, with a Td, and less than a minute left on the clock. I would feel much better with a healthy KBG and Woodson. I hope the Pack hangs with them. If they do, anything can happen. (31-27 Dallas)

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy...but I dont think Favre has won in Dallas..EVAH.

The streak continues

We need Woodson and KGB, otherwise it's gonna be a tough game. Harris on TO will be really fun to watch, and I can almost guarantee Owens will get frustrated with how physical Harris plays. Its just going to come down to whoever makes more plays in the passing game, which is both teams strengths right now. It could go either way, but I'm still hoping for GB.

We need Woodson and KGB, otherwise it's gonna be a tough game. Harris on TO will be really fun to watch, and I can almost guarantee Owens will get frustrated with how physical Harris plays. Its just going to come down to whoever makes more plays in the passing game, which is both teams strengths right now. It could go either way, but I'm still hoping for GB.

It's interesting. I feel many GB fans are thinking the same thing. There's no cockiness b/c we are all just as surprised as Favre is that this team is 10-1. I'm the eternal pessimist. I was assuming a loss to all of the AFC teams the Pack has faced so far, plus I was figuring a loss to Detroit on Thursday. I'm again scared of Dallas but I'm starting to believe. If the Pack beat Dallas on Thursday I think there will be a LOT of believers.

As a NFC North fan I'm going to have to give the win to DALLAS.

Fock Green Bay :thumbsdown:

Yea because we all know a team needs a top 5 WR to be a good team...... :thumbsdown:

Dallas is great at stopping the run and that will be teh difference? Minny had a top 3 run D and Grant had 100 yards. The Packers don't need to run anyway to win, that is shown in all but 3 of their wins.

I'm not here saying the Packers will blow the Cowboys out, maybe not even win for that matter, but give GB more credit.