Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Roger Clemens...

he's about to lie to you and the entire nation. What an egomaniac and complete d!ckhead.

I agreed with him about the lawsuit thing. Why should he spend the money to sue someone when he is innocent?

That being said, he said he would do everything in his power. So....

1) Testify in front of Congress

2) Take a lie detector test.

3) Have a LIVE press conference with his accuser and let them talk in public.

That would clear up any suspicions and would be everything he could do without costing him a dollar.

I agreed with him about the lawsuit thing. Why should he spend the money to sue someone when he is innocent?

That being said, he said he would do everything in his power. So....

1) Testify in front of Congress

2) Take a lie detector test.

3) Have a LIVE press conference with his accuser and let them talk in public.

That would clear up any suspicions and would be everything he could do without costing him a dollar.

If you were innocent, what would keep you from doing a lie detector test right there on 60 minutes???

If you were innocent, what would keep you from doing a lie detector test right there on 60 minutes???

you could tell the truth and fail due to being nervous

or his pants would start on fire

I would want to make sure to do it independently.

Also, he probably did it so taking a lie detector wouldn't be so smart.

Was working the door at a bar in college, head of security, two guys came up to me and said, "hey we are eating with Roger Clemens right now, our group, including Roger wants to come here, can you cut us a deal?" I said sure, they said there were 20 of them and I said everyone needed to be of age and i would check the questionable ones. Done deal. 30 minutes later they came, Rocket shook my hand and said, " Thanks a lot." Saved them $100 in cover charge. Didn't act like a a$$, but he did expect special treatment. Not sure if the bartenders did anything for them. This was in 1992ish.

:headbanger:

:doublethumbsup:

I thought he did bring up one interesting point, being if he was doing steroids & human growth...how come they can only find the guy who injected him...they can't find the guy who sold it to him.

Granted, if you are a criminal dealing in illegal steroids---coming forward isn't the brightest thing to do, but Mitchell spent 30M for his report...why can't they find the actual dealer, cash transactions...all he has is a quasi-credible witness with no proof. So far nothing Mitchell stated about Clemens would even get past a DA to file charges. :doublethumbsup:

I think he really is is innocent and I really don't like the guy. I really do think this McNamee guy was pretty much threatened into giving them Clemens.

RC is right - his name is sh!t now and no matter what happens people will still believe he took roids. I would be suing for alot of money if I was him -- talking over a 100 million.

I don't see how roids would help a pitcher that much, maybe in leg strength and recovery from an injury, but I don't see it making that much of a difference.

Nolan Ryan pitched longer than Clemens by working his arse off, maybe it is a Texan thing. Boys can throw down here.

I think he really is is innocent and I really don't like the guy. I really do think this McNamee guy was pretty much threatened into giving them Clemens.

RC is right - his name is sh!t now and no matter what happens people will still believe he took roids. I would be suing for alot of money if I was him -- talking over a 100 million.

I don't see how roids would help a pitcher that much, maybe in leg strength and recovery from an injury, but I don't see it making that much of a difference.

Nolan Ryan pitched longer than Clemens by working his arse off, maybe it is a Texan thing. Boys can throw down here.

Steroids have been out since long before Nolan Ryan pitched in the majors. He took them too.

hth

Just a hunch - maybe he started this lawsuit so as to be able to avoid direct questions about the case with Congress. Perfect excuse to not comment under oath.

:wave:

Just a hunch - maybe he started this lawsuit so as to be able to avoid direct questions about the case with Congress. Perfect excuse to not comment under oath.

:wave:

Excellent thought. The timing couldn't be any better. Funny how in the 60 Minutes interview (taped before the congressional hearings were announced), he said he MIGHT have to sue, but then he's called to testify and wham! The lawsuit is filed a few days later. :wave:

He actually came across as innocent to me in the interview but I still can't believe him. there is no reason for McNamee to lie about him. He was told as long as he told the truth he would stay out of jail. and they told them if anything he told them was untrue then he would be in jail. why would this guy risk being in jail?

the fact that Andy Petite corroborated what Mcnamee said also leads me not to doubt Mcnamee.

:thumbsup:

Ed you just like Roger getting implicated becasue the guy you beat off to more than Brady ( Bonds ) isn't the face of steroids in the MLB anymore with Clemens a player just as Good or even better and just as famous being implictaed.

He actually came across as innocent to me in the interview but I still can't believe him. there is no reason for McNamee to lie about him. He was told as long as he told the truth he would stay out of jail. and they told them if anything he told them was untrue then he would be in jail. why would this guy risk being in jail?

the fact that Andy Petite corroborated what Mcnamee said also leads me not to doubt Mcnamee.

I think it " might " of turned into the witch hunt Clemens is claiming and the investigators threatened McNamee into giving Clemens up. They had McNamee for criminal charges and had sh!t to hold over his head. RC is a total ###### and a a$$hole as a person but i do believe him here. he just really didn't have many of the roid symtoms anyway. Yeah okay he had power late in his career - so did Nolan Ryan - pretty much the only other pitcher of the Modern Era that can be compared to Clemens.

i don't know what to believe :shocking:, the circumstantial evidence seems pretty damning but on the otherhand...he is a white guy. i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. :thumbsup:

Ed you just like Roger getting implicated becasue the guy you beat off to more than Brady ( Bonds ) isn't the face of steroids in the MLB anymore with Clemens a player just as Good or even better and just as famous being implictaed.

You are totally wrong, this has nothing to do with Bonds.

I like him being guilty of using steroids because the general manager of the red sox, one Dan Duquette that let him go to free agency saying and I quote "Roger is in the twilight of his career". He magically leaves the red sox after 4 mediocre years and then wins 2 more cy youngs back to back and pitches for another 12 years? Clemens is a complete fraud and there is no doubt he juiced.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...t_roger_-2.html :wave:

Is it possible Dan Duquette was right after all?

The then-Red Sox general manager let three-time Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens leave Boston after the 1996 season, making his famous statement that the Rocket was in the "twilight of his career" after he averaged 10 wins per season from 1993-96.

Clemens went on to win 162 more games after leaving Boston, capturing four more Cy Youngs. But considering the allegations about Clemens revealed yesterday in the Mitchell Report, was he aided by performance-enhancing drugs?

The Rocket's 13-year tenure in Boston was remarkable, as Clemens racked up a 192-111 record. But over his final four seasons in Boston, Clemens went just 40-39, posting the only two losing seasons of his career in 1993 (11-14) and '96 (10-13), prompting many to think he was on the decline.

When Clemens signed with the Blue Jays before the 1997 season, it seemed to rejuvenate his career. Clemens went 21-7 with a 2.05 ERA that year, earning his fourth Cy Young in the process.

A year later, Clemens hooked up with Brian McNamee, a former bullpen catcher and batting-practice pitcher for the Yankees who had been hired by the Blue Jays as their strength and conditioning coach.

According to the report, Clemens approached McNamee in June 1998 asking him about steroids. The report alleges that later in the summer, McNamee began injecting Clemens with steroids, since the pitcher was unable to do it himself.

The report states that Clemens told McNamee the steroids "had a pretty good effect" on him, and his on-field performance continued to improve. Clemens won his fifth Cy Young that year with a 20-6 record, his second straight award. He was dealt to the Yankees before the next spring training, leaving McNamee in Toronto - for one year, anyway, before the Yankees hired McNamee as assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Clemens' first two years in New York were average at best, as he posted records of 14-10 and 13-8. According to the report, Clemens informed McNamee in the middle of the 2000 season that he was ready to use steroids again, and McNamee injected Clemens four to six times with testosterone and human growth hormone obtained from Kirk Radomski. They allegedly didn't discuss steroids again until August 2001, at which time McNamee started injecting Clemens again, using steroids, but not HGH, which McNamee said Clemens didn't use that year, according to the report.

Clemens' 2001 season was superior to his first two campaigns in pinstripes, as he went 20-3 and won his sixth Cy Young. That was McNamee's final year as a Yankees employee, although he continued to train Clemens in the offseason. The report states that Clemens never asked McNamee to inject him again.

Clemens pitched well for the Yankees in 2002-03, but he returned to his dominant form after signing with the Astros in 2004, winning his seventh Cy Young with an 18-4 season. He posted a minuscule 1.87ERA over 33 starts in 2005, but he broke down in the World Series, pitching just two innings in his only start.

You are totally wrong, this has nothing to do with Bonds.

I like him being guilty of using steroids because the general manager of the red sox, one Dan Duquette that let him go to free agency saying and I quote "Roger is in the twilight of his career". He magically leaves the red sox after 4 mediocre years and then wins 2 more cy youngs back to back and pitches for another 12 years? Clemens is a complete fraud and there is no doubt he juiced.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...t_roger_-2.html :ninja:

or it coulda meant he just needed to get out of Boston ? I agree it was strange all of a sudden seeing him as this great pitcher on a mediocre Toronto team at that time. I just can't see a person of that age juicing that long and having no real health issues becasue of it.

If Clemens testifies and passes a Lie dector test then I will believe his story - If he fails Nolan Ryan goes back to being the greatest Pitcher out of texas !

:ninja:

That is a really good point, probably dead on.

Clemens did the juice, but so did everyone else.

Also, to whoever said that juice wouldn't help a pitcher - that's very much false. I've known first hand of pitchers on the college level that have juiced which helped all area's of their game - tremendously.

There is no truth to the assumptions that steroids wouldn't be able to help a pitcher. Some believe that pitcher's would benefit the most from using steriods. It could help their strength - which could possibly help ball speed. It would also help recovery time, which would greatly help a pitcher to not need as much time off in between starts. And also the obvious reasons that would help all athlete's - being able to recover quicker from injuries.

Guilty. It's going to be really interesting to see everyone is going to go after him now. Everyone is waiting for him to get different treatment from Bonds, which means that they will probably go at him even harder than they did Bonds - just so no one can possibly mistake it for preferential treatment.

Steroids have been out since long before Nolan Ryan pitched in the majors. He took them too.

hth

Why wasn't he named in the Mitchell Report?

Don't mess with Nolan boy!!! :overhead:

Look what happened to Ventura. :overhead:

Listened to the press conference today...supposedly he is going to....

Sue Mcnamee and testify under oath in that trial.

Testify under oath at Congress and answer all questions.

If he can get McNamee to retract or prove he is innocent, he will own MLB.

Testify under oath at Congress and answer all questions.

sounds familiar

Listening to the taped conversation between RC and McNamee - I now switch my stance and say Roger is guilty :angry: - say it ain't so Roger.

It clearly sounded like McNamee was upset he RATed ( not lied ) on his friend. RC sounded clearly like he really did it and was hopeful McNamee would fall on the sword.

Listening to the taped conversation between RC and McNamee - I now switch my stance and say Roger is guilty :mad: - say it ain't so Roger.

It clearly sounded like McNamee was upset he RATed ( not lied ) on his friend. RC sounded clearly like he really did it and was hopeful McNamee would fall on the sword.

Yeah, it does, really odd rc would play that. Bunch of nothin.

Why wasn't he named in the Mitchell Report?

Don't mess with Nolan boy!!! :mad:

Look what happened to Ventura. :dunno:

Was Ken Caminiti named in the mitchell report? I guess he didn't do steroids. :dunno:

Was Ken Caminiti named in the mitchell report? I guess he didn't do steroids. :dunno:

Nolan Ryan his last 6 years was teamates with: Caminiti, Canseco, Palmero, Kevin Brown,Sosa, Juan Gonzalez, and Pudge.

Like Clemens he also credits his later career heavy workouts and weightlifting for his longevity. :dunno: