Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

LT should be ashamed of himself!

This is why LT will never be Emmitt. I thought he grew up worshipping Emmitt but he sure learned nothing from him. Emmitt did play with separated shoulder with the NFC East title and the #1 seed on the line at NYG at the end of the 93 season and he played great. I can't imagine the pain he was in just awaiting every hit.

We also can't forget a year later in the NFC Championship at SF in the rain/mud he played with his hamstring popping in and out. I remember he first pulled it late that year vs Saints and then hurt it again in the playoff win vs the Packers and finally a week later it gave out at SF but he did play the whole way. Emmitt was smart enough to know you have to cash in your chances when you get there and he damn sure wouldn't have been sulking on the bench if he was unable to go.

"If you would of gave Barry Sanders the holes to run through like Emmitt got in Dallas, he would of done even better."

Emmitt was a better receiver, blocker, and leader. Barry was the better runner but Emmitt was the better player. Emmitt was by far the smarter RB cause he took what was there and you never dealt with any -5 yard losses.

A healthy Bo Jackson was the best running back i've ever seen.

Barry Sanders is a close 2nd.

Disagree.

A healthy Eric Dickerson is the best running back I've ever seen.

Bo Jackson & Barry Sanders at #2.

IMO.

I can appreciate LT being hurt and not being able to play, but sitting there all game with the helmet on? Even a scrub from special teams does more to motivate his teammates, and this kind of act from supposedly a team leader? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was completely awkward how LT was behaving, just sitting there like a statue for the entire game.

The 2nd straight year that LT's went out like a chump with his actions vs New England.

I remember back when Drew Bledsoe first got hurt and Brady came in to replace him. Even when it was purely evident that Drew wasn't getting his job back Drew was on the sideline cheering his team. Nobody faults LT for being hurt, or even not playing because he was hurt, but just sitting there sulking like a baby, that's just wrong. :thumbsdown:

Its all of that jukeing and movieng around and stuff...it only works 50% of the time

I heard teams would chase chickens around to train to play him

This is the funniest chit ever posted on this board.

Alls LT cares about is scoring TDs for fantasy teams so the postseason doesnt matter to him.

What a fagg!t.

I hear Michael Irvin defend him today on the radio. Like he said a QB (Rivers) playing on a hurt knee is one thing. A RB is another. He gets hit on the knee or near it every play.

Maybe the guy gets a little slack for that. Poutng like a baby that's a different story.

Two issues: 1-injury 2-reaction to the injury

i don't blame him for sitting if he was truly injured and not just hurt. however, his reaction to it and lack of leadership on the sideline was terrible.

LT is a soft player. He can't change and is always going to be soft. He has great skills and is one of the best RBs, but you just can't count on him to play hurt.

Yeah, because he's missed so many games over his career.

No one knows how hurt he was, its pretty tough to run without the use of a knee. One could say he's more of a team player - by not selfishly playing hurt and being ineffective - when a healthy Michael Turner was a better option.

He should have shown more team spirit and rooted his team on but in his defense I'm sure he was tremendously disappointed not to be able to help his team.

Ok, I'll now let alll the fat sh@ts on this board continue to question the toughness of an NFL RB,. Carry on.

Yeah, because he's missed so many games over his career.

No one knows how hurt he was, its pretty tough to run without the use of a knee. One could say he's more of a team player - by not selfishly playing hurt and being ineffective - when a healthy Michael Turner was a better option.

He should have shown more team spirit and rooted his team on but in his defense I'm sure he was tremendously disappointed not to be able to help his team.

Ok, I'll now let alll the fat sh@ts on this board continue to question the toughness of an NFL RB,. Carry on.

:thumbsup:

Tomlinson has been one of the most durable RBs the NFL has ever seen. If he wasn't in there, he must have been hurt pretty badly. I'm not going to defend the pouting, but to call him a "poosay" or whatever is just silly.

LT is a soft player. He can't change and is always going to be soft. He has great skills and is one of the best RBs, but you just can't count on him to play hurt. I remember when Emmitt Smith played hurt against the Giants when Dallas needed a win. He helped us win the game. LT is not like that and is a baby. Sadly, he on the down turn of his career and we all know it can come fast. Just look at Alexander to see how fast a guy can fall from grace.

Although I have all the respect possible for Emmitt, (as a player), and he did impress everyone with his gutty performance in that game, a shoulder is one thing, toughing it out with a knee injury is something totally different, imo. I'm certainly not understating what it would be like to play with a busted up shoulder, I can't imagine, but I think it would be a lot more difficult with a bum knee.

Emmitt didn't do so well "toughing it out" with his knee injuries either, from my recollection he missed games because of it.

As others have said, I will not hold an injury against a player either, and I do believe that he is truly hurt. His acting like a little biatch on the bench is another issue and I too lost much respect because of it.

LT is a "me" guy and cares just as much about his #`s as he does about W`s and L`s. He`s upset he can`t help his team because he`s hurt, fine. He pulled the some F-ing shiot last week against the Colts. He gets hurt and S D is on the road vs the Colts in the biggest game his franchise has had in what, 10+ years, Rivers and Gates gutting it out along with Turner Sproles etc. and there he is standing there blank stare arms folded. O K he`s hurt and concerned, but he pulls the same crap yesterday. Players and all people all react in different ways to adversity but come on guys, that pouty ass crap was WEAK and not at least getting excited about his teammates effort and success showed alot. Great player when things go his way, but the true greats help their teams win or at least try when things aren`t going their way. Lastly, LT doesn`t have to be running around like a cheer leader but at least acknowledge your team mates efforts in some manner! P S Pats 31 Gmen 20.

A year ago LT told reporters "you know me, I am a classy person."

Sulking on the bench in this big of a game is one of the most classless acts I have ever seen in watching the NFL for 25 years.

I know that I have seen players with broken legs, blown out knees, broken ankles and other injuries come out of the locker room to stand on crutches along the sidelines with their team during regular season games.

Actions speak louder than words. We finally got to see LT's character during adversity, and I for one will not forget it.

I never liked Emmitt Smith. If you would of gave Barry Sanders the holes to run through like Emmitt got in Dallas, he would of done even better. Emmitt was a good RB, but definitely a product of the system.

"Product of the system". Go look at Emmitts entire career. High School, College and then pros. Then come back and say how he was a product of the system.Not even close.

The point of this thread is about LT being a dope when his team needs him the most. I was saying this all last week, the guy has no heart or desire. Even if his knee was fubared he should have been right there for Turner every time off the field. Giving him pointers, letting him know things he saw....anything to encourage or help his team. Whiney little be-atch!!

Tomlinson #1 fantasy player. #Invisible when his team needs him the most.

Maybe he suffered a concussion and thought he was watching his Vizio? :dunno:

Finally the voice of reason settles in.

LT is a "me" guy and cares just as much about his #`s as he does about W`s and L`s. He`s upset he can`t help his team because he`s hurt, fine. He pulled the some F-ing shiot last week against the Colts. He gets hurt and S D is on the road vs the Colts in the biggest game his franchise has had in what, 10+ years, Rivers and Gates gutting it out along with Turner Sproles etc. and there he is standing there blank stare arms folded. O K he`s hurt and concerned, but he pulls the same crap yesterday. Players and all people all react in different ways to adversity but come on guys, that pouty ass crap was WEAK and not at least getting excited about his teammates effort and success showed alot. Great player when things go his way, but the true greats help their teams win or at least try when things aren`t going their way. Lastly, LT doesn`t have to be running around like a cheer leader but at least acknowledge your team mates efforts in some manner! P S Pats 31 Gmen 20.

:doublethumbsup: I have been bashing this guy here for well over a year for his lack of leadership and his constant belly-aching. I remember when I first questioned the greatness and class of everyone's favorite fantasy rb I was crucified. It's funny how the perception of LT has changed in the last year where many people now see the real LT. His name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath with all the greats named in this thread.

:doublethumbsup:

Tomlinson has been one of the most durable RBs the NFL has ever seen. If he wasn't in there, he must have been hurt pretty badly. I'm not going to defend the pouting, but to call him a "poosay" or whatever is just silly.

Doesn't pouting on the sidelines while swaddled up like a little two year old make him a "poosay"? Most people here are saying it is perhaps legitimate that he didn't play (maybe it wasn't even his choice), but he sure didn't react appropriately.

LT= :thumbsup:

In fact, that emoticon should be changed to :LT:, only with a visor on it!

Doesn't pouting on the sidelines while swaddled up like a little two year old make him a "poosay"? Most people here are saying it is perhaps legitimate that he didn't play (maybe it wasn't even his choice), but he sure didn't react appropriately.

LT= :doublethumbsup:

Dosent trying to use words like "Poosay" to avoid the block make you cool???

Dosent trying to use words like "Poosay" to avoid the block make you cool???

Did you notice I put it in quotes, as in I was quoting somebody else's use of the word? G0ddamn you are stupid. <_<

Did you notice I put it in quotes, as in I was quoting somebody else's use of the word? G0ddamn you are stupid. <_<

Your right man that one is on me, My bad....should have been saying it to other ppl

No hard feelings

LT= :doublethumbsup:

In fact, that emoticon should be changed to :LT:, only with a visor on it!

I guess our definitions differ. To me, he'd be a "poosay" if the slightest injury kept him out of a game because he was scared (and his track record has shown otherwise). Whereas, "pouting on the sidelines while swaddled up like a little two year old" or what he did last year after the Pats beat the Chargers in the playoffs would make him a whiner in my books. I guess it's just semantics. I agree that his behaviour was not very becoming of someone who's supposed to be a leader of their team.

I did have to laugh at whoever coined "Complainian" Tomlinson after that playoff game last year - one of the better lines I've heard in awhile.

:unsure: I have been bashing this guy here for well over a year for his lack of leadership and his constant belly-aching. I remember when I first questioned the greatness and class of everyone's favorite fantasy rb I was crucified. It's funny how the perception of LT has changed in the last year where many people now see the real LT. His name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath with all the greats like drobeski named in this thread.

i agree

Brandon Jacobs had a sprained MCL earlier this year...missed 3 games

Justin Fargas...2 games, more but season ended

Larry Johnson...8 games in 2004

Cedric Benson...6 games

The guy tried to give it a go, he couldnt cut and thats what his game is based around. Most guys miss a minimum of 4 weeks with this injury. His sitting on the bench might have just been a way to stay warm, or the fact that he just felt terrible that he couldnt help out

His sitting on the bench might have just been a way to stay warm,

You would think that standing up and doing jumpin jacks would keep you warmer? :pointstosky:

Baby LT also wore his helmet the whole time. I guess that was to hide his crying like the freaking baby that he is. I'm going to vomit when this poosay is inducted into the Hall of Fame because all he has done is put up big numbers during the regular season. There hasn't been this big of a post season chump since I don't know who.

*cough* *cough* Peyton Manning.

"Product of the system". Go look at Emmitts entire career. High School, College and then pros. Then come back and say how he was a product of the system.Not even close.

The point of this thread is about LT being a dope when his team needs him the most. I was saying this all last week, the guy has no heart or desire. Even if his knee was fubared he should have been right there for Turner every time off the field. Giving him pointers, letting him know things he saw....anything to encourage or help his team. Whiney little be-atch!!

Tomlinson #1 fantasy player. #Invisible when his team needs him the most.

Dude played on a juggernaut Gators team and then ran behind the greatest line in NFL history for the greater part of a decade...

Awesome back, but accept the fact he fell into a dream situation for a RB.

Brandon Jacobs had a sprained MCL earlier this year...missed 3 games

Justin Fargas...2 games, more but season ended

Larry Johnson...8 games in 2004

Cedric Benson...6 games

The guy tried to give it a go, he couldnt cut and thats what his game is based around. Most guys miss a minimum of 4 weeks with this injury. His sitting on the bench might have just been a way to stay warm, or the fact that he just felt terrible that he couldnt help out

All good points. :thumbsdown: And, as cold as it was, I'd probably keep my lid on and my butt on the heater too. However, he could have at least tried to cheer on / talk to some of his teammates.

Personally, I don't think that was him at all. I think he paid some guy to wear the visor, put on a big ol' coat so he could hang out in Messico with Tony Homo. TMZ hasn't released the pics, but I'm pretty sure that's the deal.

You would think that standing up and doing jumpin jacks would keep you warmer? :thumbsdown:

yeah, the guy with a knee injury is going to be doing jumping jacks to keep warm.

Dude played on a juggernaut Gators team and then ran behind the greatest line in NFL history for the greater part of a decade...

Awesome back, but accept the fact he fell into a dream situation for a RB.

Smith is the NFL all time rushing leader, he has three rings, and was a Superbowl MVP and League MVP. He has more rushing TDs than any other RB in NFL history at 164. I am sure these things are easy to accomplish, which is why his records are constantly being broken by scrubs each year. I mean, Emmitt never broke a tackle and he never played hurt. :rolleyes: Dallas should have just plugged in Corky from Life Goes On and made him the all time leading rusher. :lol: Emmit Smith is the NFL's third best back of all time. THe only RBs that were better were Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

I am starting to no believe that Jim Brown is a top RB of all time. He was so much bigger, stronger and faster then anyone else who played the game he stood out.

ANY starting RB on any NFL team right now would be just as good if not better then Jim Brown if they played back then.

Adrian Peterson would prolly average 200 yards a game.

I am starting to no believe that Jim Brown is a top RB of all time. He was so much bigger, stronger and faster then anyone else who played the game he stood out.

ANY starting RB on any NFL team right now would be just as good if not better then Jim Brown if they played back then.

Adrian Peterson would prolly average 200 yards a game.

You are an idiot! Jim Brown is the GOAT! :dunno:

Walter Peyton in my book is the greatest RB of all time for several reasons

1. Durability

2. Mixture of speed and power

3. Had some sick moves

4. played most of his career on a bad team

5. never complained

6. Consistancy throghout his career

7.Upstanding citizen never in trouble

8. Least and not last but the foremost when dieing of a disease I believe his liver he did not use who he was or his money to jump the list of persons already in line. That decision alone cost his life and all this talk about manning up with that single decision W. Peyton manned up in a way words can't explain.

And the above is what makes him the greatest of all time

Smith is the NFL all time rushing leader, he has three rings, and was a Superbowl MVP and League MVP. He has more rushing TDs than any other RB in NFL history at 164. I am sure these things are easy to accomplish, which is why his records are constantly being broken by scrubs each year. I mean, Emmitt never broke a tackle and he never played hurt. :headbanger: Dallas should have just plugged in Corky from Life Goes On and made him the all time leading rusher. :wave: Emmit Smith is the NFL's third best back of all time. THe only RBs that were better were Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

If you put Sanders, Payton, LT, Dickerson, Brown or Bo behind the line that Emmit had in Dallas they would have produced more yards and TD's than Emmit produced. These guys would have put Emmits numbers to shame. Put Emmit behind the Lions o-line and Emmit doesn't do diddly.

If you think of it that way, and you should, Emmit doesn't even belong in the top 7 or 8 all-time great running backs.