Sign in to follow this  
edjr

If John McCain ends up winning the GOP nomination

Clinton/Obama vs McCain ????????

We may as well start moving to Canada. What a complete embarrassment the American people are. :unsure:

I can't understand how McCain is beating Romney but oh well. IMO either Hillary or Ovbama would win regardless but Romney is a much better canidate IMO. I wouldn't really mind Obama.

I'm still trying to figure out how the electoral / nomination process came to be? If you don't live in either Iowa, NH, SC, Florida, Michigan, or one of 20 Super Tuesday states you have absolutely NO say/vote in who runs for Prez. That is almost half the country. And we all know that the first couple get the ball rolling and it gains momentum, so the early ones carry alot of weight. Can somebody please explain this to me like I am 12?

I can't understand how McCain is beating Romney but oh well. IMO either Hillary or Ovbama would win regardless but Romney is a much better canidate IMO. I wouldn't really mind Obama.

Ummm...I can only not understand it from the standpoint that the party seems to be pushing Romney and Huckabee much more than McCain.

However...How is Romney a better candidate against those 2?

McCain can bring in many from the middle/left that just don't like Hillary or don't want to vote for Obama. After the nomination is set...you think the GOP will downplay McCain? No...they will embrace him rather than lose to the likes of Hillary or Obama.

There will be some on the far right (see above my post) that won't like him or vote for him because he is not far enough to the right for him.

But for many...McCain is much more a breath of fresh air. Not far right...not far left. More towards the middle than the other candidates.

Exactly. The American people (republicans) are really focking stupid if they elect McCain. Did you see the debate last night? Romney accuses him not being conservative and brings up like 6 points. McCain answers back, but doesn't argue one single point, instead he just goes on about his "conservative record". The idiot moderator didn't say a word to McCain but attacked Romney several times. Then McCain accuses Romney of not being conservative with 5 points. Romney answers every point with actual facts.

McCain is going to be another George W. Bush :unsure:

Can somebody please explain this to me like I am 12?

here's some candy and let me show you how it all works with the puppets in my van. :unsure:

:unsure:

How anyone can think Romney is worth 2 shits is beyond me, especially you, ed, living in MA.

The man is a patent phony and flip-flopper who is pandering to the conservative base of the GOP.

Despite spending millions of his own money campaigning in every state, he has won ONE primary, in Michigan, of all places, one of bluest of the blue states. Also one of the 3 states he claims to be "from." :rolleyes:

He has received the endorsement of NOBODY

Why do you people think he's a good candidate again?

I don't think the conservatives, true comservatives, voting for McCain are looking past this year's election simply because they are afraid of the Hilda Beast winning the presidency. Because of that fear, many true republicans, IMO, are voting for McCain simply to throw up a candidate that they feel can beat Hitlery in the genral election instead of voting for the best candidate, which, in a very weak field, is Romney.

My fear is not this election but down the road. If McCain is the choice for the general election, then there is a chance that he could be in office for the next 8 years. That puts him at what, 79, when he finishes his possible 2 terms? Even more distressing than that should the that he really is no different than a democrat except for his military stance. Do true conservatives want a liberal republican for 8 years in the White House? I sure don't.

I would much rather see Romney take on either Hitlery or Barry Hussein than McCain. I mean if my choices were 8 years of McCain or four years of a demwit to be followed by a true Reagan conservative, I would choke down 4 years with the demwits rather than have 8 years of a McCain presidency in which he tells everyone how conservative he is and then goes and reaches across the aisle and sleeps with Uncle Teddy and his kind.

here's some candy and let me show you how it all works with the puppets in my van. :shocking:

Nicely played. :rolleyes:

I don't think the conservatives, true comservatives, voting for McCain are looking past this year's election simply because they are afraid of the Hilda Beast winning the presidency. Because of that fear, many true republicans, IMO, are voting for McCain simply to throw up a candidate that they feel can beat Hitlery in the genral election instead of voting for the best candidate, which, in a very weak field, is Romney.

My fear is not this election but down the road. If McCain is the choice for the general election, then there is a chance that he could be in office for the next 8 years. That puts him at what, 79, when he finishes his possible 2 terms? Even more distressing than that should the that he really is no different than a democrat except for his military stance. Do true conservatives want a liberal republican for 8 years in the White House? I sure don't.

I would much rather see Romney take on either Hitlery or Barry Hussein than McCain. I mean if my choices were 8 years of McCain or four years of a demwit to be followed by a true Reagan conservative, I would choke down 4 years with the demwits rather than have 8 years of a McCain presidency in which he tells everyone how conservative he is and then goes and reaches across the aisle and sleeps with Uncle Teddy and his kind.

Well said. :rolleyes:

Put me down as a republican who will never vote for John McCain if he is indeed the choice. I will write in Ron Paul or do anything I can to help knock the GOP back where it should be and that is far from the liberal snake in the grass that is Juan McCain.

~STICK

:rolleyes:

Why do you people think he's a good candidate again?

Can you name me another state in the entire USA that requires all of it's citizens to have Health Insurance or face a fine?

Why is that a good thing? So people don't keep going to the hospital and getting FREE health care and never pay for it. Which in turn hikes up the rates of us people already paying for insurance.

Another good reason, McCain is a focking eef. I would be fine with Hucks or Paul gaining the nomination, but that is very unlikely

McCain is better than Romney. Romney is a lying POS. At least I have some trust in McCain.

At the outset, I said that I would vote independent or write-in if it were Clinton vs. Romney. Nothing has happened to change that.

The Radical Right is SO against McCain. Won't surprise me that the usual trolls who get all their thoughts from Fox will / have come out against him.

I have some concerns about him myself, but the Dude's the only experienced candidate out there.

-Just funny to see the RR smear machine whipping out the unified talking points against one of their own.

McCain is better than Romney. Romney is a lying POS. At least I have some trust in McCain.

At the outset, I said that I would vote independent or write-in if it were Clinton vs. Romney. Nothing has happened to change that.

I bet you had trust in Bush in 2000 as well. How did that work out for you?

Yeah, we wouldn't want anything like BIPARTISANSHIP, now, would we?

I'm still trying to figure out how the electoral / nomination process came to be? If you don't live in either Iowa, NH, SC, Florida, Michigan, or one of 20 Super Tuesday states you have absolutely NO say/vote in who runs for Prez. That is almost half the country. And we all know that the first couple get the ball rolling and it gains momentum, so the early ones carry alot of weight. Can somebody please explain this to me like I am 12?

i was just talking about this with my pops the other day. it's a complete bullshit system. almost every election come down to the lesser of 2 evils and we should at least have a say in how we come down to those 2 evils. :rolleyes:

I bet you had trust in Bush in 2000 as well. How did that work out for you?

I can honestly say that I never voted for GWB. Never liked him. Still don't.

I had trust in Romney. Supported him big time. Instead, he ended up focking up the Commonwealth. He said one thing and did another.

Fool me once...

Can you name me another state in the entire USA that requires all of it's citizens to have Health Insurance or face a fine?

Why is that a good thing? So people don't keep going to the hospital and getting FREE health care and never pay for it. Which in turn hikes up the rates of us people already paying for insurance.

You think that was Romney's idea? :rolleyes:

The Radical Right is SO against McCain. Won't surprise me that the usual trolls who get all their thoughts from Fox will / have come out against him.

I have some concerns about him myself, but the Dude's the only experienced candidate out there.

-Just funny to see the RR smear machine whipping out the unified talking points against one of their own.

Laura Ingraham was practically frothing at the mouth yesterday denouncing McCain and anyone who would vote for him.

With a Joe Leiberman, sure, with Uncle Teddy? Just don't go swimming with him :shocking:

Romney totally destroyed McCain in the debate last night - McCain came of arrogant , mean spirited , and was at aloss for words alot and tried to change the subject. McCain knows his position on Immigration is totally against the GOP , His economic prowess is non existent , he is more liberal than consevative on most issues , couldn't win a debate against a 12 year old let alone two of the best in Hillary and Obama , is a horrible speaker which would kill him in the convention speech. If McCain wins we will have 2 liverals running for President

Rich Kotite has experience. Would you want him as your HC? How about Joe Walton, Art Shell? So much for experience :rolleyes:

You think that was Romney's idea? :shocking:

Ah right. All the bad things was his idea, all the good things were someone else's. :rolleyes:

according to the latest NBC/Wall Steet Journal poll: congress has a current 18% approval rating. explain to me again how it is a bipartisanship with this ridiculous body of crap is worth having?

What if the independent was Ron Paul?

If that's the case, why vote at all? you think whoever wins will be sad they didn't get your vote?

If that's the case, why vote at all? you think whoever wins will be sad they didn't get your vote?

maybe Mass will come down to a 1 vote swing...you nevah know.

i would prolly vote for mccain over obama - and i certainly would vote for him over hillary.

i do not agree with a lot of obama's views, but i at least trust him. hillary i wouldn't trust as far as i could throw her by one of her cankles.

according to the latest NBC/Wall Steet Journal poll: congress has a current 18% approval rating. explain to me again how it is a bipartisanship with this ridiculous body of crap is worth having?

Man, you have to be able to figure this one out on your own, don't you?

Congress HAS the rating BECAUSE of partisanship. They get nothing done because each side keeps the other from doing anything so the side without power can rail at the "do-nothing" congress of the other side. Then, they swap sides.

If the stupid focks would work together (i.e. bipartisanship), they'd get shiit done and their rating would go up.

common sense. :cry:

Why would I vote for someone that I think is not fit for the job? :cry:

I would vote for Ron Paul over Romney and Clinton. As mentioned by surferskin, Presidential elections have turned into a "lesser of 2 evils". If it ends up with Romney vs. Clinton, then I would consider them to be so evil that I could not vote for either and be able to sleep at night.

Why do you vote at all? Your one vote does not mean a damn thing.

Congress HAS the rating BECAUSE of partisanship. They get nothing done because each side keeps the other from doing anything so the side without power can rail at the "do-nothing" congress of the other side. Then, they swap sides.

If the stupid focks would work together (i.e. bipartisanship), they'd get shiit done and their rating would go up.

I somewhat disagree. The Dems are a party of no ideas and the Repubs are a party of bad ideas. When they agree on something, it means that the Dems said, "Hey that is a great idea. Let's do it". Then the people get focked. :cry:

Why do you vote at all? Your one vote does not mean a damn thing.

It's thinking like this that cost Clay Aiken his richly deserved American Idol Tiara. :cry:

I agree with everyone voting. My point to edjr was to answer his question of why I would vote for someone other than the Dem or Rep. In my case, I need to vote my conscience even if I won't be on the winning side. :cry:

BTW - I was not going to click that link. Now I am glad that I did. :cry:

BTW - I was not going to click that link. Now I am glad that I did. :cry:

i look for any excuse to post that video during election time. :cry:

i was under the impression we were talking about a bipartisanship between the white house and congress - not congress itself. :cry:

For those of you drinking the RR Kool-aid:

Romney's recent ad:

"McCain pushed to let every illegal immigrant stay here permanently..." the announcer charges. "Even voted to allow illegals to collect Social Security."

But the ad distorts the position of the Arizona Republican, who has narrowed Romney's lead in New Hampshire. McCain's compromise legislation introduced last summer, which was backed by President Bush, would have required illegal immigrants to return to their home countries and pay a fine for breaking the law before applying for legal status.

McCain also voted to allow illegals to receive past Social Security benefits only after obtaining legal status.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/31/romney.ads/

I posted a thread about a website that keep track of the lies/truthiness from each candidate. Anybody remember what the heck that was?

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot vote for someone solely on the issues b/c there is nobody out there with whom I do agree on the issues (on those few occasions when they actually discuss the issues). At this point, I am going to have to base my choice on the intangibles.

Right now, Obama and McCain are the only ones that I would consider voting for. If they both get the nomination, then I am going to have to do some serious thinking. However, if it's Romney vs. Obama I'm voting for Obama. If it's Hillary vs. anyone, then I vote for anyone.

So, completely avoiding the issues, here are the reasons why I like McCain over Romney and Obama over Clinton.

McCain vs. Romney: When they went to Michigan Romney went and told all these auto workers that he'd get their jobs back. He was cheered like a conquering hero. McCain gave them the truth...that many of those jobs are gone and will never come back. He got the beat down. I'd rather have the unpopular truth than a lie explicity designed to garner votes.

Obama vs. Clinton: There is no other person in politics (other than Bush/Cheney) who is more divisive than Clinton. People either love her or hate her...even within her own party. If there's one thing that this country does NOT need right now it's another conflict-ridden 4-8 years.