Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

2008-- NFL's worst team will be...

Anyone disagree that Oakland will be the worst team in the NFL during the 2008 season?

QB will be the suck (learning year)

RB- I'm still not sold on Huggy Bear Junior carrying the load all season

WR- Ronald Curry and then... ???

DEF is solid but they will very likely be playing from behind every game and be on the field frequently, often and very often (every game).

Any other teams come to mind for this dubious pre-season nomination?

Anyone disagree that Oakland will be the worst team in the NFL during the 2008 season?

QB will be the suck (learning year)

RB- I'm still not sold on Huggy Bear Junior carrying the load all season

WR- Ronald Curry and then... ???

DEF is solid but they will very likely be playing from behind every game and be on the field frequently, often and very often (every game).

Any other teams come to mind for this dubious pre-season nomination?

Dunno. Hard to say that when MIA is coming off such a horrible year. Add to that - as much as it pains me to say this - but I think OAK faces an easier division than MIA does.

For the record? I can see BAL have a worse season next year than they did this year.

And I'm fine with that! :thumbsup:

Raiders- a complete mess

Bears- still no legit QB, no receivers, crappy RB, defense was no good last year

Redskins- a Coach with no experience implementing an offense his QB wont be able to run, defense is decent but wont help them win games in a stacked division

Chiefs- rebuilding.

I have to say the Bears at this point. They have nothing on offence, and their defence tanked last year. At least the Raiders have Fargas and Curry. The Chiefs have LJ and Gonzalez, and last year's rookie WR (name escapes me). The Redskins shouldn't be in the discussion with those other teams.

The Redskins shouldn't be in the discussion with those other teams.

I think the redskins are the best team named so far, at least he isnt regurgitating what happened this year.

I have to say the Bears at this point. They have nothing on offence, and their defence tanked last year. At least the Raiders have Fargas and Curry. The Chiefs have LJ and Gonzalez, and last year's rookie WR (name escapes me). The Redskins shouldn't be in the discussion with those other teams.

Dwayne Bowe.

I agree with the Bears. If it was the defense of 2 years ago coming, maybe. But with zero offense, an aging defense, and every team kicking away from Hester on every single kick, I think they'll be the worst.

Dwayne Bowe.

I agree with the Bears. If it was the defense of 2 years ago coming, maybe. But with zero offense, an aging defense, and every team kicking away from Hester on every single kick, I think they'll be the worst.

I was just about to post basically the exact same thing. I think Atlanta has a pretty steep hill to climb, though. Even if they pick Ryan, you've got a rookie QB with unimpressive backups, a RB who's never been the primary back, and a shoddy defense. They could very likely be in the running for the 2009 top pick.

I'll go Bears .

They will be ass.

Wow, with all the talk abuot how bad Tavaris Jackson is and the "mistake" the Vikings made by signgin Berrian I would have thought everyone would be picking my Vikes to be teh worst :thumbsup:

By the way, the worst team(record) will still be Miami.

Wow, with all the talk abuot how bad Tavaris Jackson is and the "mistake" the Vikings made by signgin Berrian I would have thought everyone would be picking my Vikes to be teh worst :pointstosky:

With TJax as our QB we will be pretty bad. I'd rather be 2-14 than 8-8. At least then we could have a high draft pick to finally get a QB who will us a playoff game. We suck right now. Doesnt matter who we have, TJAX sucks.

With TJax as our QB we will be pretty bad. I'd rather be 2-14 than 8-8. At least then we could have a high draft pick to finally get a QB who will us a playoff game. We suck right now. Doesnt matter who we have, TJAX sucks.

Really? I watched a handfull of games vikes games last year, and i was pretty sure that Tjax was at worst an average QB when Rice was in the lineup. I think the problem with the vikes passing game goes beyond TJ.

kansas city comes to mind...... the look on tgonzalez face on espn the other day was "man we need to win now" i only have a few yrs left...... he looked like he was ready for a 4-12 yr......

I think the Vikes are a lock to make the playoffs, and are my darkhorse candidate for the Superbowl. And I'm not a Vikes fan.

Here's a sleeper for sucky team of the year.....

.................Pittsburgh Steelers!........................

They have lost a key piece of the o-line, their receivers are over-rated and the rb's are just average in reality.Roethlisberger is good, but not as good as his contract. Big Ben will never be like Marino, Elway, Favre or any other great QB except for over-rated qb's such as Aikman, Bradshaw, and Joe Namath. The defense is ok but not a juggernaut by any means. The Browns have improved greatly and will beat the Steelers twice, punking them into a horrible 7-9 type season! I know7-9 is not the worst in the NFL, but it's bad for the Steelers! Go Browns! :doublethumbsup:

Way to go out on a limb with that prediction :wub:

Was he supposed to?

Hey, even if OAK ends up being the worst team in 2008, you have to give them credit for at least making some moves. Unlike some teams who are crappy heading into the free agency signing period yet just sit there and don't do squat (KC comes to mind).

OAK, ATL and MINN have at least made some moves.

Hey, even if OAK ends up being the worst team in 2008, you have to give them credit for at least making some moves. Unlike some teams who are crappy heading into the free agency signing period yet just sit there and don't do squat (KC comes to mind).

I actually think the opposite. Free Agency often nets you players that other teams didn't want to keep at the pricetag the player was asking. Often, you get players who are looking for a big payday and are not likely worth the cap hit they will cause over the years. Many successful teams don't use FA for anything but bargain-team players that fill a specific role. Not a player that comes in a changes the direction of the team.

I believe it is better to build your talent and get a few FA's here and there rather than get caught up in the FA hype that comes with it.

The Raiders have put over 100 mil into 2 players that will not pay off. It will only buy them frustration down the road.

Patience during free agency is the most underrated skill of them all.

lets not forget that Chicago has ZERO legitamte skill players and an overrated defense.

.....and they're still going to be better than the Lions.

Lions hoping for a 4-12 season in 2008. Hoping.

Have to agree with VOR. OAK not only ridiculously overpaid for two players with significant health issues, one of those was strictly just retaining an existing player. Not exactly an improvement over what they already had. Javon Walker for Porter is a downgrade - with an upgrade in cap hit.

Moreover, those two moves significantly screw over the team for the next few years cap-wise. I don't mind a team taking a $100M cap hit to either

1) Remain a quality competitor (they're not) or:

2) Bring in a virtually guaranteed player(s) that will radically increase the quality of the team.

These signings represent neither. - And virtually guarantee future cap issues down the line. :first:

curious why more people didnt say falcons or dolphins. I think the bears defense will be significantly better than last year and between the D and hester (or starting drives at the 40) they should win a couple games. Oakland could be the stink again as well, but even tho they overpaid everyone, they have gotten better. And KC at least has a playmaker or 2

I feel like Atlanta and Miami are borderline hopeless. Calvin Pace will not be a nearly a big enough difference maker especially with his wallet dragging behind himand they did not do nearly enough else to improve enough to win more than a few games. Whether they take Matt Ryan or go with one of the current QBs on the roster, that will be pretty messy as well with no legit recievers and an RB coming off a season ending injury. Atlantas offense will likely be no better overall than last year even if Turner is an improvement and their defense will be pretty awful again.

I also wonder if SF will score a point next season

Wow, with all the talk abuot how bad Tavaris Jackson is and the "mistake" the Vikings made by signgin Berrian I would have thought everyone would be picking my Vikes to be teh worst :cry:

Even as a Packer fan I know Minny is their competition in the division.

Great run defense...if they get a pass rush they could be a great all around defense. Right now they are simply average. The madieu williams signing helps the secondary though...but they play a high risk style D in the secondary (Sharper's style for sure)...taking alot of chances for turnovers...but gets burnt alot because of that.

With that line and ADP...the offense just needs Tjax to settle down. I don't know if he can really do it. And I don't think the Berrian signing will help all that much as there are still not a great deal of weapons in that passing game.

Plus, if I were a Viking fan, I would have absolutely no faith in that coaching staff.

Not to pile on Oakland, but I think it will stay this way for awhile. I say this because I think Al Davis wont be able to pass on McFadden. He will then demand a huge contract likely leading to a holdout. RB is not the need for the Raiders, and the result will be salary cap Hell for years to come (unless there is no agreement with the NFLPA, in which case there may not be a salary cap - but that is for another discussion)

Not to pile on Oakland, but I think it will stay this way foe awhile. I say thisbecause I think Al Davis wont be able to pass on Mendenhall. He will then demand a huge contract likely leading to a holdout. RB is not the need for the Raiders, and the result will be salary cap Hell for years to come (unless there is no agreement with the NFLPA, in which case there may not be a salary cap - but that is for another discussion)

Plus, don't forget that the HC is a seriously lame duck. Davis wants him to resign, Kiffin said "fock you." Few other candidates want the damn job. Not exactly a healthy environment.

I say thisbecause I think Al Davis wont be able to pass on Mendenhall. He will then demand a huge contract likely leading to a holdout. RB is not the need for the Raiders, and the result will be salary cap Hell for years to come

Do you mean McFadden? That is a possible scenario, though, with the money they've shelled out in FA and what they already have invested in Russell.

Do you mean McFadden? That is a possible scenario, though, with the money they've shelled out in FA and what they already have invested in Russell.

Yep, thats what I meant to say. Sorry.

Wow, with all the talk abuot how bad Tavaris Jackson is and the "mistake" the Vikings made by signgin Berrian I would have thought everyone would be picking my Vikes to be teh worst :overhead:

A little defensive are we?

Minny is obviously not the worst team in the league, but that doesn't mean Tavaris will ever be a good QB or that they didn't overpay for a glorified #2 WR. Peterson will keep Minny competitive for years (when he's healthy), but that passing game will keep them from going far.

QUOTE(pee-diddy @ Mar 5 2008, 11:02 AM)

Have to agree with VOR. OAK not only ridiculously overpaid for two players with significant health issues, one of those was strictly just retaining an existing player. Not exactly an improvement over what they already had. Javon Walker for Porter is a downgrade - with an upgrade in cap hit.

Moreover, those two moves significantly screw over the team for the next few years cap-wise. I don't mind a team taking a $100M cap hit to either

1) Remain a quality competitor (they're not) or:

2) Bring in a virtually guaranteed player(s) that will radically increase the quality of the team.

These signings represent neither. - And virtually guarantee future cap issues down the line.

I agree with V.O.R. as well. I didn't make my point very clearly. If I were a fan of the Raiders, for example, I'd be happy to see that at least they are going out and signing players rather than sitting on their hands like some teams are. True, it could backfire down the road, but as a fan I'm usually more concerned with immediate gratification than whatz gonna happen in 2 or 3 years. Thatz the GM's job.

And I'm not convinced that Javon is a downgrade from Porter. Porter was a cancer in the locker room, similar to Randy Moss while in Oak, but maybe on a smaller scale because Moss was a high profile media guy (and better player). Skill-wise and health-wise I think it remains to be seen what Walker can/will do versus Porter. Too early to make that call yet IMO.

And yes OAK did overpay for players. LOL.

What has Miami done yet to win games in 2008?

Anyway there is a cluster of turds swirling the bowl.

Miami

Atlanta

Oakland

Chicago

Minnesota if the still think Jackson is NFL material

Washington

Baltimore will make a move south as well.

What has Miami done yet to win games in 2008?

Anyway there is a cluster of turds swirling the bowl.

Miami

Atlanta

Oakland

Chicago

Minnesota if the still think Jackson is NFL material

Washington

Baltimore will make a move south as well.

Washington and Minnesota will likely be challenging for wild-card spots. I don't see how they figure into this discussion, but you leave the Lions out.

So far this offseason, I think Tennessee is a sleeper candidate. Yes, they're defense was good with Haynesworth (who was in a contract year), but they still have basically no talent surrounding Vince. Not to mention they are in arguably the toughest division in the league. I'm guessing Vince is hoping they draft Limas Sweed so he can throw to someone he's somewhat familiar with. Still, it would be tough for them to finish below some of the other teams mentioned in this thread.

lets not forget that Chicago has ZERO legitamte skill players and an overrated defense.

Chicago is going to suck, for sure. Their o-line is pretty crappy too.

I agree with V.O.R. as well. I didn't make my point very clearly. If I were a fan of the Raiders, for example, I'd be happy to see that at least they are going out and signing players rather than sitting on their hands like some teams are. True, it could backfire down the road, but as a fan I'm usually more concerned with immediate gratification than whatz gonna happen in 2 or 3 years. Thatz the GM's job.

And I'm not convinced that Javon is a downgrade from Porter. Porter was a cancer in the locker room, similar to Randy Moss while in Oak, but maybe on a smaller scale because Moss was a high profile media guy (and better player). Skill-wise and health-wise I think it remains to be seen what Walker can/will do versus Porter. Too early to make that call yet IMO.

And yes OAK did overpay for players. LOL.

I agree with everything you are saying.

What the Raiders are doing now is going to hurt them a lot in the long-term. They did overpay for their 3 free agents, especially Kelly and Walker. But, all 3 players are perfect fits for immediate needs on the team. Walker, when healthy, is way better than Porter. Whether Walker is even close to healthy though is a legitimate question. I would not classify Kelly as a health concern. He is no more of a concern than anyone else that has been injured previously in their career, which includes most of the league. However Kelly has never played at a dominant level for a significant stretch of time, so there is a real concern in terms of talent in his case.

The Raiders went into the offseason with 8-9 huge needs IMO. Wilson, Kelly, and Walker, assuming they are healthy enough to play all year (which again I recognize is not a safe assumption in Walker's case), fill 3 of them. The Raiders have also signed Kwame Harris I believe, which fills a 4th need (RT). I know the Niners fans have no love for Harris but considering what OL coach Tom Cable did with last year's scrubs on the line, I believe he will be able to get some solid results out of Harris' athleticism and intelligence. So where does that leave the Raiders currently? With few enough major holes that they can realistically address them in the draft. Taking care of SS (and FS by moving Huff over), WR, RT, and DT is huge. One of those is Left Tackle, and they will probably not be able to address that in the draft unless they take Jake Long. So they have reduced their options there a little bit. The other needs I would say are DE (starters Derrick Burgess and Jay Richardson are not versatile enough to play every down), OLB (need some reserves that can stop the run, and/or a better starter than Robert Thomas), backup QB, a young WR (right now it's pretty much just Curry, Walker, and Higgins who is a project at this point), and a backup MLB. So they've still got some work to do, but it's realistic. They will not have a deep team this year, but in terms of starters I like their chances to compete with all but the elite teams this year. Of course, Al Davis could blow it all by firing Lane Kiffin this month. But for now things are looking up in terms of the short-term outlook.

How the hell do you put Washington and Min in the mix.

One made the playoffs the other was a game away from making the playoffs.... stop smoking crack. Neither team changed much in the post season player wise.

Yes.. wash has a new HC and new O philosophy.. but its not like they are throwing everything away and starting from scratch... it'll be integrated in to the existing system.

Min - only got better in the WR position and will get better in the draft. TJ is nothing special.. but the team can win just in the running game and D. TJ will either improve this year .. or be gone the next.

I think Oak will stay the worst.. the players they got and way overpaid for will not help the team significantly.

Then Atl, jets, chic, bal... its a toss up. they will all suck

I actually think Mia will be a decent team this year 4-6 wins.. Parcells knows how to get the team going

I would not be suprised to see Russell play well next year. The original poster made it sound like losing Jerry Porter is a loss, I think it will actually help the team to not have his sour puss on the sidelines. I think the Raiders will end up getting McFadden, making things much more interesting.