Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Garden Garden Garden

I've been working my ass off the last few days rototilling, weed whacking, etc... to make some space in my back yard to put in a focking vegtable garden. (my roomates idea, not mine)

He gives me this laminated schematic he made of the dimensions, what goes where, seperation, etc. and says he'll buy and take care of the sh1t if I clear and prep an appropriate area.

Like a moron I agree.

Here is what is going in.

8 rows of corn

4 tomato plants

Garlic section

Zuchini section

Squash

Cucumber

6 okra plants :wacko:

tons of various peppers

Cantaloupe :ninja:

Shitloads of carrots

1 Avacado tree :(

Ghey or manly?

some pics

If you can convince me under 50% of that list could be used for ghey anal lovemaking, then I'll return your hetero-cred. Til then, you're gay.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's nothing gay about growing and eating fresh vegetables. They taste awesome and you add years to your life. To me, the whole idea just sounds pretty darn smart.

Here's what's going to happen - you're going to end up with 500 cucumbers, 2000 tomatos, and nothing else. :ninja:

I hope you're attempting to grow sweet corn, at least. As a matter of fact, I'd probably sack the whole corn idea. It takes up too much space and probably won't even turn out. Try growing green beans. Although a pain in the ass to pick, they are way better than anything you can get in a can and relatively easy to grow.

Holy crap, I'm turning into GFIAFP. :(

Nothin' gay about a food garden. :( It is productive. You can eat that stuff.

Now, if it were a flowery garden that you were putting in to impress your neighbors... :ninja:

Now, if it were a flowery garden that you were putting in to impress your neighbors... :(

I think he already posted photos of that attempt a couple years ago.

FAIL

I really enjoyed having a garden in Maryland. I don't have as much room or time now in Texas. Don't forget to grow some herbs. Cilantro, rosemary, sage, and the like fresh from the garden can really make a meal. :(

There's nothing gay about growing and eating fresh vegetables. They taste awesome and you add years to your life. To me, the whole idea just sounds pretty darn smart.

Agree, but a laminated plan? If your roommate is male, then he more than likely is and you better kill off everything that resembles a potential dilDOH :( If a female, then you might as well marry because you're owned.

Not ghey. I thought about this myself---corn huh? Never thought of that..Where do you live again? MN? Isn't it still too cold there? Seriously..I'm in MI and we need another week or two.

I was gonna grow peppers, green beans, maybe some tomatoes and cukes but it sounds like a fock load of work.

Idea fine. Plan, totally ghey. Put any kind of tree there that gives any kind of shade and nothing else will grow. And, you can't be serious about corn. Lot's of shade f'ing up everything else and providing something that's really cheap anyway. Concentrate on stuff like tomatoes cucumbers etc that ripen at varying times so you can eat the crap instead of watching it rot. You need rhubarb so you can get wimmenz to make you strawberry rhubarb pie. And, you never have to replant that.

And, F the zuchini and squash.  Strait men don't eat foods that have z's or q's in them.

Idea fine. Plan, totally ghey. Put any kind of tree there that gives any kind of shade and nothing else will grow. And, you can't be serious about corn. Lot's of shade f'ing up everything else and providing something that's really cheap anyway. Concentrate on stuff like tomatoes cucumbers etc that ripen at varying times so you can eat the crap instead of watching it rot. You need rhubarb so you can get wimmenz to make you strawberry rhubarb pie. And, you never have to replant that.

And, F the zuchini and squash.  [b]Strait men don't eat foods that have z's or q's in them[/b].

Puzzy.

If by Garden Garden Garden, you were attempting to sound like the opening lyrics of Rawhides Rollin Rollin Rollin, you have not caught the ghey

Well, at least now your cats will have some place to shit :(

You are gay. :doublethumbsup:

Real men live off of beer and potato chips. Fresh vegetables are for gay hippies.

You are gay. :doublethumbsup:

Real men live off of beer and potato chips. Fresh vegetables are for gay hippies.

You forgot red meat and hot sauce.

Well, at least now your cats will have some place to shit

They have already tested it out numerous times in the past few days :banana:

To anwser some other questions:

Supermike - I live in NorCal. 75-80 degrees here lately :thumbsup:

ERZER - My roomate is male, but the focker just won $1600.00 in the NCAA brackets, so he's not ghey. (plus he seems to win our FF league every other year or so :banana: )

Fumble - I won't eat any of it except for the avacados and various peppers, but I agree with your statement

CH - You are probably right about your assesment of what will end up growing properly :lol:

IGotWorms - You, (and CH) are also correct about the faggity flower garden. Needless to say, it didn't pull in the type of pvssy that I expected :banana:

SexualHarrasmentPanda - I think that he (roomate) is going to put some herbs in..

Me2006 and LTBDE - Suck my elbow

Dood, you live in O'vale. The urge to farm was bound to hit you at some point.

Dood, you live in O'vale. The urge to farm was bound to hit you at some point.

No sh1t, huh :thumbsup:

I'm starting to feel an urge to try some crank.

All I'm doing is getting the yard ready to farm..Roomate is doing the planting and such.

BTW, PM respondered

Planting and taking care of a vegetable garden is cool. :thumbsup:

Not ghey at all.

But seriously, Sux.... Okra? :banana:

But seriously, Sux.... Okra? :blink:

Once again, not my idea :overhead:

If he want's to plant okra (whatever the fock it is), then whatevah :headbanger:

At least he didn't buy an Aztek :banana:

How much space are you talking about for this garden? That is a lot of plants.

Also, an avocado tree might not be the best idea. It will take a few years to really produce and they are very susceptible to frost. Its not exactly Arctic, but Sacto does get a few solid frosts per year.

I've been working my ass off to put in a focking vegtable garden.

Dude....WTF?! :pointstosky:

When you decide to join a Gardening forum make sure to let us know so we can Jihad the ever living shit out of it. TIA

All I'm doing is getting the yard ready to farm..Roomate is doing the planting and such.

Just come clean and admit he's your life partner. :pointstosky:

I've been working my ass

whacking

make some space in my back yard

my roomates idea

He gives me

what goes where,

seperation,

says he'll buy and take care of the sh1t

I clear and prep an appropriate area.

Like a moron I agree.

a garden is just fine, how you're getting there sure as hell isn't

ghey

You are gay. :pointstosky:

Men with fairly short life spans live off beer and potato chips, but hey...more power to you. I love potato chips, so I really can't say much about that.

Fresh vegetables are incredibly good. I like grilling vegetables on the grill alongside a steak or pork chop...that's where the zucchini and squash come in.

How much space are you talking about for this garden? That is a lot of plants.

Also, an avocado tree might not be the best idea. It will take a few years to really produce and they are very susceptible to frost. Its not exactly Arctic, but Sacto does get a few solid frosts per year.

We are supposedly getting some type of mexican avacado tree :pointstosky:

They say it is good down to weather of 20 degrees.

The only thing good that can possibly come out of this garden is the avacado tree, so please stop diminishing my hopes :cry:

Just come clean and admit he's your life partner. :pointstosky:

He's my BFF. :wub:

Heterosexual life partner is a pretty good way of explaining it.

Neither one of us have any serious girlfriends, he doesn't make enough money to buy a house, and his rent helps my out quite a bit.

:cry: sorry, not ghey :cry: sorry, not ghey :lol:

update bump

You promised me pics :overhead:

You promised me pics :overhead:

First post, seadonkey :o

That's a pretty nice sized vegetable garden.

How many cats did you bury out there to fertilize it?

That's a pretty nice sized vegetable garden.

How many cats did you bury out there to fertilize it?

Didn't need to bury them. The little fockers have done plenty of "fertilization" in there themselves :rolleyes:

Didn't need to bury them. The little fockers have done plenty of "fertilization" in there themselves :rolleyes:

Remind me not to accept any of the hundreds of tomatoes you'll be looking to give away this summer.