Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

What would you like to see at FFToday?

Just out of curiosity what types of preseason and in-season content would you like to see at FFToday either next year or in the future?

We've got a long list of article, feature ideas but definitely want your input. Tony San Nicolas' RB Heavy Workload and other pieces have come from your suggesstions so we welcome your ideas. You can review our artilce content from 2007 here.

I would like to seemore help question on this board. ( I am not kidding)

One thing we're really light on is stats. I mean, beyond FF stats (like projections) - actual stats that facilitate conversation on the Mange.

Drops, Targeted, SOS, Fumbles, etc..

:rolleyes:

I'd like to see overall rankings updated throughout the season. I know we have weekly rankings, but if it's week 6 and I'm contemplating a trade, I'd like to know where players are ranked for the rest of the season. Maybe there's injuries or an easy second half to the schedule that would modify where you had originally ranked players before the season started. It's not necessarily a trade guide, but having a second opinion on where players should be ranked for the rest of the season would be handy.

One thing we're really light on is stats. I mean, beyond FF stats (like projections) - actual stats that facilitate conversation on the Mange.

Drops, Targeted, SOS, Fumbles, etc..

:rolleyes:

Just to make sure I'm being clear. I'm talking about the home page content, not the message board. Stats galore. Now if you want to see more message board topics that's fine to add too, but I know there are a lot of regulars on the message board who actually think FFToday is just a forum and not a website (as strange as that sounds)...

I'd like to see overall rankings updated throughout the season. I know we have weekly rankings, but if it's week 6 and I'm contemplating a trade, I'd like to know where players are ranked for the rest of the season. Maybe there's injuries or an easy second half to the schedule that would modify where you had originally ranked players before the season started. It's not necessarily a trade guide, but having a second opinion on where players should be ranked for the rest of the season would be handy.

Interesting idea.

Not a content request, but I'd like to see holiday themed templates similar to when Google throws up a new logo at holidays and for special events. For example our motorcycle logo guy could be holding a turkey around Thanksgiving, or wear a Santa hat for Christmas. This is one thing that will really put this website over the top :banana:

Not a content request, but I'd like to see holiday themed templates similar to when Google throws up a new logo at holidays and for special events. For example our motorcycle logo guy could be holding a turkey around Thanksgiving, or wear a Santa hat for Christmas. This is one thing that will really put this website over the top :banana:

I still like the Krueger separated from birth pics idea...

Just to make sure I'm being clear. I'm talking about the home page content, not the message board. Stats galore. Now if you want to see more message board topics that's fine to add too, but I know there are a lot of regulars on the message board who actually think FFToday is just a forum and not a website (as strange as that sounds)...

No, I'm talking about home page content. And, no, it's not a criticism, but that's not exactly "stats galore". I offered some specific (like drops, sos, - you could also put in the NFL schedule if it's not there. There's a ton of stats in the link below to choose from. For example - on WR's - FFT doesn't even list things like "catches over X yards". That's important for FF analysis.)

If you want some suggestions, take a look at http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats.html.

THAT's "stats galore".

Again, you're asking for suggestions. Think about the number of threads that start with "Does anybody know where I can find?" More often than not, that link I just posted meets their needs.

If you're truly looking for suggestions, I'd say the experienced users prefer to make their own decisions/rankings with - More stats. Most (non homer) discussions about projections, ranking, "who's better" center around SOS and Stats.

So, it'd be better if there was more "one stop shopping" and less temptation to go/get from elsewhere.

FWIW. You asked, I answered.

Nice. :pointstosky:

And one more:

This comes up every year and seems to never get addressed:

Look, if FFT says it's going to provide rankings for the upcoming games on Thursday, then they should BE there Thursday morning. Not "sometime between noon and midnight thursday". - Especially with Thursday night games, differening work schedules, every other friday's off - things like that.

That's the one thing that seems to be a consistent complaint every year. If there's some way to accelerate weekly content (other than last minute updates of course) to post by at least thursday morning, that'd be a real improvement. :thumbsup:

BTW - Thanks for taking the time to ask. Even most pay sites have a "take what you get" mentality. Cool of you to solicit input. :thumbsup:

My wish list.

(1) Keep doing all the stats you do. This website has the best compilation of stats I've found. I use almost all of them.

(2) "I need more stats, Scotty!," says TJ Shatner. Maybe yards-per-rush, yards-per-completion, yards-per-reception, completion %, etc? Maybe stats on players' years of experience in league, rookie draft round, height/weight?

(3) Modify the stats section to allow for custom stat tables. For example, it would be great if I could click a few buttons and generate a table with just the top 30 RBs, listing just their rushing yards, TDs, and yards-per-rush for weeks 1-6 of the season. Especially if you add more stats, this would allow for creation of more limited stat lists to keep things from getting too cluttered.

(4) More customization available in the personalized scoring section. For example, allow for setting up scoring systems that give extra points for long field goals, or for defensive points allowed or passing/rushing yards allowed. Also, if you add stats for such things as completion %, YPRush, YPReception, YPComp, then allow scoring customization for them.

(5) More creative article ideas. Don't get me wrong -- I love the ones you guys do. Development of Crank score and "Analyzing the Experts" were brilliant. I want to keep encouraging you to do more of that great stuff. I particularly like it when you think of new and creative ways to crunch different stats and analyze issues in ways others have not considered, so I just don't want to you get bogged down with the everyday effort of running the site and lose the "free time" you might spend on creative thinking.

(6) Keep the user interface clean. As mundane as it sounds, I really like the relatively simple layout this website uses. The flashy FF websites with tons of colors and pictures and graphics and pull-down menus all threaten to give me a seizure. K.I.S.S.

(7) A section of articles or primers where you analyze and describe different offensive and defensive schemes. This would help people like me understand better why a Z receiver in the WCO will post weak numbers against a Tampa 2 defense. As part of this section, you could include a straightforward list of which teams are running which offensive/defensive schemes in recent years.

(8) A pony. (Hey, it's a "wish list," right? You always gotta ask for a pony on any wish list!)

Thanks for all the great work on this site. It's my favorite.

Charge 2 bucks for using the message board.

That will eliminate 100's of the trolls.

No, I'm talking about home page content. And, no, it's not a criticism, but that's not exactly "stats galore". I offered some specific (like drops, sos, - you could also put in the NFL schedule if it's not there. There's a ton of stats in the link below to choose from. For example - on WR's - FFT doesn't even list things like "catches over X yards". That's important for FF analysis.)

If you want some suggestions, take a look at http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats.html.

THAT's "stats galore".

Again, you're asking for suggestions. Think about the number of threads that start with "Does anybody know where I can find?" More often than not, that link I just posted meets their needs.

If you're truly looking for suggestions, I'd say the experienced users prefer to make their own decisions/rankings with - More stats. Most (non homer) discussions about projections, ranking, "who's better" center around SOS and Stats.

So, it'd be better if there was more "one stop shopping" and less temptation to go/get from elsewhere.

FWIW. You asked, I answered.

wiffleball...

fantasy points allowed by position (a.k.a. fantasy strength of schedule)

detailed team view, and includes the schedule

full schedule grid view

I'd like to see an emphasis being placed on helping out on the help bored. Whether it's the mods or the respected elders of FFToday. Perhaps a daily/ weekly Q & A segment at certain scheduled times. It would limit the sheer # of inquiries on the mange bored I'm sure.

Even us cagey veterans have a question from time to time and I feel like I'm reading advice from (let's face it) clueless noobs who are answering just to get their's answered.

I'd like to see an emphasis being placed on helping out on the help bored. Whether it's the mods or the respected elders of FFToday. Perhaps a daily/ weekly Q & A segment at certain scheduled times. It would limit the sheer # of inquiries on the mange bored I'm sure.

Even us cagey veterans have a question from time to time and I feel like I'm reading advice from (let's face it) clueless noobs who are answering just to get their's answered.

I went to that board maybe once last year. I will try to make a better effort this year. I too like to ask questions <_<

I personally wish there was more IDP content. I am guessing that maybe I am in the minority, but I am in an IDP league and it seems to be kind of an afterthought on this site. I think that IDP is becoming more popular every year, but the information doesn't seem to follow suit.

I personally wish there was more IDP content. I am guessing that maybe I am in the minority, but I am in an IDP league and it seems to be kind of an afterthought on this site. I think that IDP is becoming more popular every year, but the information doesn't seem to follow suit.

I second this notion. We get some on the compiler but not enough overall.

Just to add my two cents worth in regards to stat type information, I think there is a lot here at FFToday that a fair amount of members may not even realize is available to them from this site.

I try to click through everything, but I know it took me awhile myself before I realized just how much information is actually available to you here that I didn't know before.

There's been a few times where I found myself going, "Hey, cool, I didn't even know I could find that here."

But anyways, like I said, I think there is more stat compiling info, among some other things, available to everyone right here at FFToday that they may not even realize exists.

I think this is a great idea. It would be nice to have redraft and keeper/dynasty rankings updated weekly. Not enough emphasis is given to this valuable information currently on any site that I've heard of.

For those of us in keeper/dynasty leagues, evolving rankings are far more important than weekly rankings.

not really content, but how about the obvious:

I can never get in here after 9-10ish on Sundays - which drives me to go to another FF site that never seems to have the same problems. (shrugs shoulders)

Wildman - I have a lot of respect for the content aspect of this site, and especially your personal FF knowledge. This is where I went for ff info when I first started in ff. I've been an active poster on this board for about 5 or 6 years (initially under a different name). Unfortunately it is the last place I come now. And at one time, this site had some of the most knowledgeable fantasy owners participating here. Many of those guys left before I did. There are really only 2 reasons:

a. There is no consistent, active moderating or policing of the message boards. So there is way too much flaming, and far too many redundant threads started on exactly the same topic. (edit: I haven't visited here in awhile and in reading a different thread I'm getting the idea that there lately has been more active 'policing' of the board - this alone is a vast improvement.)

b. The site is consistently down on game days.

Until you get those two problems fixed, all the good ideas in the world relative to content won't matter one iota. Content is not the problem with this site. I sincerely hope these real problems with this site get resolved the site gets restored to where it once was.

Wildman - I have a lot of respect for the content aspect of this site, and especially your personal FF knowledge. This is where I went for ff info when I first started in ff. I've been an active poster on this board for about 5 or 6 years (initially under a different name). Unfortunately it is the last place I come now. And at one time, this site had some of the most knowledgeable fantasy owners participating here. Many of those guys left before I did. There are really only 2 reasons:

a. There is no consistent, active moderating or policing of the message boards. So there is way too much flaming, and far too many redundant threads started on exactly the same topic. (edit: I haven't visited here in awhile and in reading a different thread I'm getting the idea that there lately has been more active 'policing' of the board - this alone is a vast improvement.)

b. The site is consistently down on game days.

Until you get those two problems fixed, all the good ideas in the world relative to content won't matter one iota. Content is not the problem with this site. I sincerely hope these real problems with this site get resolved the site gets restored to where it once was.

MFM,

I'm glad in your eyes "content isn't the problem" and I understand your a and b concerns. However, the gist of this thread is for content ideas... articles, stats, features, my fftoday, etc... so if you have suggestions on those topics also, let us know.

I'd like to see cheerleader of the week reporting on fantasy news. Even if its not a real cheerleader :thumbsup:

Seriously, I'd like to see more on how weekly predictions are determined. Sometimes it seems like the lose of a offensive lineman or a key defensive opponent doesnt affect the rankings at all.

The ultimate coolness factor would be a starter advice tool. You give your scoring system and players and the tool would recommend the best team to start. I think this would greatly cut down on the number of WDIS threads that pollute the main forum, and might stop the forums from crashing every Sunday at 10am cst.

Any females posting must give accurate description of their can size; verfied by an admin or trusted individual (no Patriot fans :unsure: )

Add my name to list requesting more emocons.

I would love to see opponants defensive rankings versus a. the run and b. the pass.

Example:

Steelers versus Jets: Jets defense ranked 3rd against the pass. 29th against the run.

Steelers defense ranked 1st against the pass, 1st against the run..

This would allow me to make better decisions on which player I should start depending on matchups..

I would love to see opponants defensive rankings versus a. the run and b. the pass.

Example:

Steelers versus Jets: Jets defense ranked 3rd against the pass. 29th against the run.

This would allow me to make better decisions on which player I should start depending on matchups..

I think that's already in the SOS information.

Example:

Hi lambert58,

This info is covered (albeit in a slightly different form) in the SOS tool (Opponent's FF Points Allowed) but I may include standard "vs. run, vs. pass" numbers in the Game Previews this year.

Lab's comments were spot on. I especially agree with customization expansion. I rely on this site for the articles and the concepts - example- I took the crank score and modified the concept to my own use. I would use FFT almost exclusively if I could mod the stats/projections here to my own leagues stats which we occasionally modify to make our league less RB dependent than most. The articles and the forums combined (if you can ignore the flaming, of course) give any serious fantasy players an excellent knowledge base and sounding board to make sure they are competitive every year. Perhaps a whole thread devoted to missing stats for individual leagues?

wiffleball...

fantasy points allowed by position (a.k.a. fantasy strength of schedule)

Great. But not what I'm talking about. Your link is great week to week, but let's say we're getting ready for the draft. I'm thinking "hey - Big Ben!" But if I saw that his team has the absolute worst SOS going into the season, maybe not so much.

It's pretty simple - We've had people ask for this information in many threads - I (or someone) go out and post a link. I think- if you guys are really asking - just keep an eye on things that get requested repeatedly. SOS, Most drops, things like that.

detailed team view, and includes the schedule

Asked & answered. Still doesn't have things like "number of receptions over X yards." In some scoring systems, that's huge. Again, the link I provided (IWON) can give you suggestions on stats that you can pick up.

full schedule grid view

Don't know what they heck that has to do with a full NFL schedule (dates, times, network). Maybe I'm just dense. I'm talking about THIS

Thanks for the reply Mike & wild. I appreciate that you guys are looking for feedback. Hope the examples I provided help clarify what I'm thinking.

Hi lambert58,

This info is covered (albeit in a slightly different form) in the SOS tool (Opponent's FF Points Allowed) but I may include standard "vs. run, vs. pass" numbers in the Game Previews this year.

Would be good. I've been going to NFL.com to get this information for years. Wasn't until recently that they actually added numbers down the side (i actually sent them a note, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one). Made it a biotch to sit there and count from the top/bottom of the screen. :wall:

- A FFT shirt for anyone over 10,000 posts.

- You cannot view the posts if you are unregestered.

I would like FFToday to file weekly articles about my league complete with draft and trade analysis, starting lineup critiques, matchup reviews, and general stories about the state of the league.