Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Since we are talking about Movies

If you haven't seen it yet, Boondock Saints is a really good flick.

Also, it's time to watch Jacobs Ladder again.

Pope of Greenwich Village :doublethumbsup:

Holy crap. Great pick. One of my favorite movies. Also, make sure that goes in the "movies to quote" thread.

Very obscure...Gregory's Girl. A Scottish film made in 1981. Not only is it a lot of fun, but it will also make you want to book a trip to Scotland ASAP.

What's the name of this movie?

Two guys make a time machine. I think the title is one word.

in this order:

reservior dogs

city of god

volver

maria full of grace

Some good obscure films...

1. Master of the Flying Guillotine

2. Killer of Sheep (classic but lots of people haven't seen it)

3. The Wind That Shakes the Barley

4. The Lives of Others

5. Tristram Shandy: A ###### and Bull Story

6. 13 (Tzameti)

7. Sherman's March

8. Crazy Love

9. Fido

10. Harold and Maude (classic but lots of people haven't seen it)

:dunno:

American History X and Boondock Saints are two of the best movies of all time.

Definitely.

also, Very Bad Things is a really good movie. You feel completely exhausted when it's over. Stuff goes crazy in that movie and it feels like you're right there with 'em.

Jesus' Son (Billy Crudup, Dennis Hopper, Dennis Leary, Holly Hunter, Jack Black, Samantha Morton) drugs, death, redemption.

The Proposition (Guy Pearce, Emily Watson) gritty Australian western packed with ideas.

The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman) some dude plays chess with death.

The King of California (Michael Douglas, Rachael Evan Wood) mental ne'r do well inspires his daughter on how to live life.

The Three Burials of Melquides Estrada (Tommy Lee Jones, Barry Pepper) kinda slow meditation on loneliness/and connecting with others.

two movies i just recently rented and enjoyed...

trainspotting

darjeeling limited (sp?)

i don't know if they were on anyone's list, but if you have a free night check one of them out

EDIT... i also saw 'in bruges' in the theater, and noticed it just came on dvd... another one to put on the queue

two movies i just recently rented and enjoyed...

trainspotting

darjeeling limited (sp?)

i don't know if they were on anyone's list, but if you have a free night check one of them out

EDIT... i also saw 'in bruges' in the theater, and noticed it just came on dvd... another one to put on the queue

I can't watch trainspotting. It freaks me out.

Documentaries are underwatched for how good they usually are (truth is always more interesting than fiction):

-The Fog of War : About the Vietnam War

-Grizzly Man : About a crazy guy that thinks he's connecting with grizzlies in Alaska

-The Devil Came on Horseback : About the genocide in Darfur

-King of Kong : About a bunch of nerds that try to break old video game records

-No End in Sight : About the occupation of Iraq

-Grizzly Man : About a crazy guy that thinks he's connecting with grizzlies in Alaska

That sounds like it doesn't end well.

Sin CIty

Kingdom of Heaven

Reign of Fire

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind..... fantastic little movie that has jim carey in it and got overlooked by most.

Sunshine on the Eternal Spotted Mind.... fantastic little movie that has jim carey in it and got overlooked by most.

There was a time when I thought Jim Carrey was uber-funny and seemed like a truly interesting and fun peson....but the moreI see him in interviews etc I think he is actually a total cack in reality....I get a sense that if you truly got to know him you wouldlikely hate his ass and want to kick his ass.....just an observation

There was a time when I thought Jim Carrey was uber-funny and seemed like a truly interesting and fun peson....but the moreI see him in interviews etc I think he is actually a total cack in reality....I get a sense that if you truly got to know him you wouldlikely hate his ass and want to kick his ass.....just an observation

I think he was a pretty normal decent guy back in the day.... but he left his original wife.... got paid like 20 mil a movie back when no one was making that and it broke him. I really think these people that make that kind of money and had the kind of FAME he did focks people in the head. For real... they start believing that the world they live in where someone wants to steal your sh!t and sell it on ebay is the real world. I think they do sort of go crazy, brittney spears style or have weird drug/sex problems ie Robert Downey Jr. or Charlie Sheen

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.... fantastic little movie that has jim carey in it and got overlooked by most.

:dunno:

There was a time when I thought Jim Carrey was uber-funny and seemed like a truly interesting and fun peson....but the moreI see him in interviews etc I think he is actually a total cack in reality...

Same here. He's dropped with me too. I've heard in Hollywood he's now well known for being a 'difficult to work with' actor.

The Brave One with Jodie Foster. From the previews it doesn't look that good, basically like a Charles Bronson movie with a female lead, but it's not like that at all. Not an outstanding movie in any one way, but it is interesting. Unexpected but good ending.

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Great Flick :headbanger:

I'd have to go with The Big Lebowski, Talladega Nights, and My Blue Heaven

I added both of these movies to the, "must quote" thread too but they are both a little under the radar:

Kalifornia

Menace II Society

Great Flick :headbanger:

I'd have to go with The Big Lebowski, Talladega Nights, and My Blue Heaven

obscure?

trainspotting

i've been wanting to see this movie for years but blockbuster NEVER has it in stock! someone is always renting it or never bringing it back.

i totally forgot eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, yes, that was good.

A few off the top of m head:

Aguirre, the Wrath of God: bizarro movie about the Spanish searching for El Dorado

Eraserhead: Fockin' crazy movie by David Lynch. You might not like it, but you'll never forget it.

The Lookout: More recent movie that didn't receive much attention, but was interesting.

The Brave One with Jodie Foster. From the previews it doesn't look that good, basically like a Charles Bronson movie with a female lead, but it's not like that at all. Not an outstanding movie in any one way, but it is interesting. Unexpected but good ending.

Not believable, chicks don't kick ass!

HTH

Eraserhead: Fockin' crazy movie by David Lynch. You might not like it, but you'll never forget it.

I saw this about 20 years ago and hated it. But strangely, every so often I think about seeing it again. I just thought about it the other day. I just may rent it tonight, dammit. Thank you!

Not believable, chicks don't kick ass!

HTH

If it helps your machismo sensitivities, a guy winds up kicking ultimate ass, but not through violence.

As for her, a 9mm helped.

If it helps your machismo sensitivities, a guy winds up kicking ultimate ass, but not through violence.

As for her, a 9mm helped.

I saw the flick, and it was decent. I'm just giving you a hard time! :pointstosky:

I saw the flick, and it was decent. I'm just giving you a hard time! :pointstosky:

Figured :cheers:

Scarface was actually an obscure flick back in the day, obviously is much better known now. If you consider that obscure, that is easily one of the tops.