Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Speaking of Cheers...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083399/quotes

Do yerself a flavor and take some time to read some quotes from Cheers. Some definite LOL quotes. They had some of the best one liners of any TV show evah. :wall:

Cliff: What a pathetic display. I'm ashamed God made me a man.

Carla: I don't think God's doing a lot of bragging either.

:lol:

Sam: What'll you have Normie?

Norm: Well, I'm in a gambling mood Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap.

Sam: Looks like beer, Norm.

Norm: Call me Mister Lucky.

Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.

:wall:

Carla's daughter (a young Leah Remini :thumbsup: ) thinks she might be pregnant:

Carla: Are you sure you're pregnant? Do you feel sick in the morning?

Daughter: Well, I haven't Clavined yet, if that's what you mean.

Sam: Are you crazy? Did I hear you just turn down a date with that girl? C'mon, man, reel her in.

Frasier: Oh, Sam, you don't seem to understand. Look, I just came off a seven year marriage. It's hard to think of replacing Lilith.

Carla: Just go to the morgue and open any drawer.

Woody: What's going on, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: The question is what's going *in* Mr. Peterson. A beer please, Woody.

Norm: Morning, everybody!

Woody: Beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Little early in the day isn't it, Woody?

Woody: Little early for a beer?

Norm: No, for stupid questions.

Cliff: Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Sam to Rebecca:

"Come on and smile Rebecca. Come on! You know, I bet you have a smile that could light up the room."

-she finally smiles-

"Nope, guess I was wrong"

:thumbsdown:

Cliff: Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

:D

Crowd: "NORM"

Woody: "Hey Mr. Peterson, how's life treating you?"

Norm: "Like a baby treats a diaper. Get me a beer!"

Coach: *answering the phone* Cheers. Yeah, just a second. Is there an "Ernie Pantusso" here?

Sam: That's you, Coach.

Coach: Speaking!

Following Colasanto's death the show's cast and crew honored him by hanging a portrait of Geronimo on the show's set. The picture had previously hung in Colasanto's dressing room behind the scenes. The picture had special meaning to him, and has been used at cast reunions to represent the actor. Sam straightens this picture on the wall at the end of the final episode of Cheers, in homage to both Colasanto and Coach.

[Cliff is appearing on Jeopardy]

Alex Trebek: Let's go to Cliff and get his Final Jeopardy answer. "Who are people who have never been in my kitchen?" I'm sorry, that is wrong.

Cliff: Wait a minute, Alex. I can offer conclusive proof that those three people have never been in my kitchen.

Woody: Why would an actress leave in the middle of a successful series?

:lol:

:wall: I read this yesterday. I'm still laughing over it.

Coach: It's the damnedest thing, I've been shivering all of the way over here.

Diane: Well Coach you don't have a coat on. It's thirty degrees outside.

Coach: Oh, thank God. I thought I had malaria.

[Frasier arrives at the bar for his bachelor party]

Frasier: You know, on the way over, I decided to listen to a rock station to get into the mood. And I heard a line in one of those tribal passages that I thought was the keynote for this evening. "Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight."

Esther Clavin: The last thing I want to see is my son's face on the 11 o'clock news.

Carla: There's an entire city that agrees with you.

Coach: My friends call me "Coach", but my other nickname is Red.

Customer: Why? Because your hair used to be red?

Coach: No, because I read a book.

Woody: "What's shakin' Mr. Peterson?"

Norm: "All four cheeks and a couple of chins."

Biography

Cheers

Tue, Jul 29, 9:00 PM

Run Time: 60 min.

Genre: Documentary

CC TV-PG Actors and creators of television's ``Cheers'' reminisce.

[Frasier arrives at the bar for his bachelor party]

Frasier: You know, on the way over, I decided to listen to a rock station to get into the mood. And I heard a line in one of those tribal passages that I thought was the keynote for this evening. "Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight."

:mad:

goestogetabeer

Sam: How's it going Norm?

Norm: Well Sammy, It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear..

Other than Mash & Seinfeld, my favorite sitcom ever. Clever writing. Great acting.

The scene that I remember making me laugh the funniest was when Frasier and Lilith were worried that their baby Frederick had not spoken his first words yet and the entire show centered around it. The baby never says a word and everybody is upset. At the very end of the show, Norm walks into Cheers and you hear little baby Frederick say...."NORM!" :mad:

I was wrong, Table for the BlubberButts ...... Table for the Blubberbutts..........

:thumbsdown: