Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Welcome to the NFL Chris Johnson!

People gave me sheit for drafting this guy in the 7th. I have major man love for #28! I think he has a strong chance at the ROY!

:mad: :pointstosky: :overhead:

Crap, there goes my sleeper of the year! I wish he would have waited til after my draft Monday.

I saw that on the stat sheet. And yes, I do look at statistics for every game. I can't wait to see this on NFL video. Very impressive.

He had a chance for a much bigger gain on a screen play earlier if his lineman #__ forgot the number would have even made contact with the defensive guy in front of him. Could have been a huge one there. Lineman totally missed on a block or else.

And he is now officially on everyone's radar.

Though my main draft isn't for 2 weeks, so perhaps they'll forget ...

But I agree...expecting a solid rookie year from CJ.

People gave me sheit for drafting this guy in the 7th. I have major man love for #28! I think he has a strong chance at the ROY!

:overhead: B) :wub:

I was one of them! Hey man I appreciate you guys all telling me to keep an eye on the guy. We will see still. I will be looking to draft him I can tell you that.

This guy is WAY OVERATED!!

If you take away the 66 yard run he only had 5 rushes for 11 yards.

:overhead:

:overhead:

Guess what? You can't take it away.

I think he'll have a couple homerun TD's like that this year....while LenDale pounds it for around 20 carries a game.

To rip off Jamal Anderson circa 2002...White delivers the mail, Johnson is Fedex.

I hope everyone does with Chris Johnson what they did with Chris Henry last offseason so I can steal Lenwhale again.

I hope everyone does with Chris Johnson what they did with Chris Henry last offseason so I can steal Lenwhale again.

;)

White had 6 carries for 34 yards. Over 5 YPC against the starters..

I look for the same as last year. White gets the bulk of the carries and the goal-line work, Johnson will break some big plays as the change of pace back much like Chris Brown last year.

I said this during our rookie draft. The kid was for real at East Carolina. He's no Chris Henry. He can play. He has that home-run ability about him.

Worth a flyer, but were talking 5-10 carries max per game. Fisher has always pounded the ball and played great defense. He isnt going to turn into Mike Martz just because he has a fast kid on his team. Lendale 20+ carries every game.

:wacko:

:music_guitarred:

Quinton Ganther had a better game. 8/115 .2td's.

Impressive run and performance. However.... lets analyze:

- LenWhale will see most if not all goal-line carries

- The Titans dont exactly have a dynamic offense... they kicked like 700 FG;s last season.

- Tennessee has no passing attack or WRs that are worth a damn.

- Vince Young is DICEY at best.

- Relatively tough schedule.

I dunno, CJ will break some big plays but you have to gamble on what day that will be. I dont see how you could start him every week. He has a lot of future upside.... but relying on him week in, week out will likely frustate you.

the problem is if you take him, how can you ever feel confident about starting him? even if he nails a huge TD run once every 3 games...would you be comfortable with a 2 in 3 chance of nothing?

I've never said Chris Johnson he will be the #1 RB ahead of Lendale White nor will he get the gl carries. However, I assure you there will plays where both are on the field at the same time (Titans radio show this week from coach fisher himself).

This is going to be a tricky offense to stop. VY scrambling, White and that solid o-line pounding it up the gut, Wr's good enough to make some nice catches, & CJ scaring the bejesus out of defenses (4.2 is much faster than 4.4) and apparetly he's been torching the Titans defense in practices also.

JOCSTRAP's Playbook - VY fakes the hand off to White, then fakes the pitch to CJ, holds on to the ball and rolls back to the naked side of the line. He is now left Man coverage with a LB or DE whoever didn't bite, ha, that will be easy enough but wait - - - Alge Crumpler is wide open 8 yards down the field as he curled back with VY. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Exactly, He's another Jerious Norwood. Will get limited touches, have some highlight reel plays, but always dissapoint his FFB Owners. He's not an everydown back.

Exactly, He's another Jerious Norwood. Will get limited touches, have some highlight reel plays, but always dissapoint his FFB Owners. He's not an everydown back.

That's what I was trying to tell you

4.2 is apparently much faster than 4.4 :first:

and Norwood just needs a chance:)

That was the exact comparison I was thinking of. Ultra fast but, unless he has that homerun play or you use him to cover bye weeks, I can't see how most fantasy teams will be able to justify starting him on a regular basis. The other thing is that I do not see him moving into the #1 position for very long, if at all, should Lenwhale get hurt. He's just too small/thin to hold up under those conditions.

With that being said, I also have seen his college highlight video on youtube and will say that it does make me all tingly in the man area. The guy just has an extra gear. And when I say extra gear, I mean 1 more than Reggie bush even. It's just plain scary the way this guy can move. People are saying that the role he will have will be similar to Reggie's rookie season in that they will line him up in multiple positions -including WR- and try to exploit the mismatches if they can get them. I think it will be hard for him to come away with Bush-type numbers in the Titans relatively conservative offense. We shall see. I'd better quit now before I talk myself into taking him.

I think his value is in PPR leagues. Hes going to lack consistancy unless he gets PPR imo. I dont see any reason he cant have a Reggie Bush like role on offense, especially since the titans are lacking in the recieving department

Watching his college highlight film, obviously the speed was the most impressive. However, there were also some other impressive qualities. His hands are great. He is going to be deadly on the screen and in the flat. But I was also impressed by his balance, and his ability to change direction while traveling full speed. He keeps his feet well after contact. And watching the preseason game last night, he was bigger than I thought he was. No, he will probably never be an every down traditional pound it up the middle back. He is going to be the Reggie Bush in the Bush/White backfield from USC a few years ago. He will be on the field a lot, often times at the same time as white. They will put him in the slot, get him the ball in the flat and on screens, run him on counters, sweeps, and reverses. He will be someone that defenses have to account for. He and Vince in the same backfield will cause major headaches for defenses.

He may or may not be a huge fantasy impact, but I think he will definitely have an impact on the Titans offense this season.

My advice (which is free, and worth every penny) is to not get caught up in his speed and pass-catching ability and assume he's just a third down back. Honestly look at his skill set -- balance, leg drive, vision, body lean -- and I think you'll agree that he can be an every down back at the pro level. If you believe what Heimerdinger is saying about him, his intention is to use him in much more than a passing situation role. He'll be a gem in dynasty or deeper keeper leagues.

Yea Baby, and you thought Bush was fast.

Holy Shiet this boy nailed the draw play!

Should be game Highlights on this page - 3 minute clip

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_i...8&week=PRE1

This is just for fun!

I have Chris Johnson in a dynasty league, so don't think I am ripping on the guy.....obviously I hope he works out.

BUT look closely at this play

1) Against Rams 2nd team defense

2) He wasn't even touched - any runningback with above average speed would have ended this run with the same result.

Temper your enthusiasm a little bit. That is all I am saying. I hope CJ because a stud, but this play shows me nothing.

He had a chance for a much bigger gain on a screen play earlier if his lineman #__ forgot the number would have even made contact with the defensive guy in front of him. Could have been a huge one there. Lineman totally missed on a block or else.

actually i thought that play lessened my enthusiasm.

the defensive player barely touched him with a arm tackle and was off balance, yet was able to swing cj around and he went down. brian westbrook would've kept on going. even reggie bush would've powered through.

although he was running too patiently on that play instead of exploding through, which he did later on in his td run.

really seemed to lack power on his other runs though.

All I can say is WOW :shocking: . I agree that there will be some questions as to how he will be used this year, but it's obscene how fast this cat is. Watching that video clip, he flat outran good angles and passed DBs that were much farther downfield than he was.

I don't know what kind of FF impact he will have, but I'm sure he'll become a favorite on ESPN :overhead: .

Worth a flyer, but were talking 5-10 carries max per game. Fisher has always pounded the ball and played great defense. He isnt going to turn into Mike Martz just because he has a fast kid on his team. Lendale 20+ carries every game.

Funny you should mention Mike Martz...

Anyone remember that 1st round speedster of a running back that the Rams drafted in the first round of the 2000 draft named Trung Canidate?

He was great on paper and in pre-season but it never translated to success when he got the opportunities.

Not saying that Chris Johnson will be a bust but 40 speed and pre-season work does not translate into success.

I got him in the 12 round of one of my drafts thisyear and will hang on to him to include as a possible throw in on any future trades if need be. Or maybe LenWhale goes down, overeats, oversleeps, whatever and CJ is the starter.

Not much risk for a 12th round pick.

This guys sucks. So what, he got lucky on one play. STAY AWAY!!!!!

:o

Funny you should mention Mike Martz...

Anyone remember that 1st round speedster of a running back that the Rams drafted in the first round of the 2000 draft named Trung Canidate?

He was great on paper and in pre-season but it never translated to success when he got the opportunities.

Not saying that Chris Johnson will be a bust but 40 speed and pre-season work does not translate into success.

I made this comparison a while ago. Others that have seen more of him then I informed me that Johnson is a more well rounded football player then Trung was.

I made this comparison a while ago. Others that have seen more of him then I informed me that Johnson is a more well rounded football player then Trung was.

that too is what I keep hearing. CJ is a running back, not a track star playing football.

:thumbsup: :dunno: :wub:

I bet him to win the R.O.Y. on my gambling site... he's was +1500 when I did it a month ago... it's down to +1100... love the odds.... :wub:

Chris Johnson Published Thu Aug 14 5:36:05 a.m. CT 2008

(RotoWire) Johnson says his main goal is to win rookie of the year, the Tennessean reports.

Analysis: "My main goal is to win rookie of the year,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I want to come in and do the same thing Adrian Peterson came in and did last year. I think that is possible.'' It would probably take an injury early in the season to LenDale White for Johnson to get enough playing time to have a chance, but early on he has displayed a lot of potential. Currently, Johnson would is No. 3 or 4 fantasy back, but he is certainly on the rise.