Sign in to follow this  
CedarGrovePack

Best trade you made all season

On 9-21 I traded B. Westbrook/L. Maroney for B. Jacobs/D. Williams/L. Coles/R. Williams :dunno:

Then I traded Coles and Patriots D/ST for R. Grant :headbanger:

Best: 10 man re-draft (mid season)

Jason Campbell & Santana Moss for Kurt Warner

Best: 12 man dynasty (before season started)

Jason Witten (expired contract after this season) for Steve Slaton (4 year contract)

Worst: 10 man re-draft (prior to start of the season. PP completion and PPR)

Peyton Manning for Carson Palmer & Torry Holt

Worst: 12 man dynasty (prior to season)

Calvvin Johnson for Lendale White

12 man league...two tiers of keepers...one after the 6th and one after the 12th

i traded b edwards roy williams cotchery(6th round keeper) and edge

i got addai and marshall

then traded addai and cutler for roethlisberger and gore

so now my team is:

warner

lynch

gore

marshall

s.smith

r white

boss

prater

giants

Worst

Andre Johnson for Calvin Johnson the week before AJ had the huge run of great games.

Best - Calvin Johnson and AP for Michael Turner and Bolden the week before Bolden came back from injury. Peterson was on bye that week and I had some other injury (Addai) bye week concerns so I reluctantly made the trade. Bolden by himself has pretty much outscored the two I gave up.

16 team redraft, drafted at the turn. I drafted Hass as my QB at the 5/6 turn, immediately wondered what the hell I was thinking. I was one pick away from drafting Warner as my flyer backup at the 15/16 turn. One focking pick. :nono: Anyway, I really had high hopes for Warner, so once he was named the starter, I essentially traded Chris Perry for him (there were some throw-ins, since Perry was more valuable at the time). The general consensus was that I got pwn3d. :thumbsup:

Only 1 trade made this year. Probably the biggest steal I've pulled off though.

Royal for Warner after week 2! That really worked out since I have Fitz, Steve Smith, SMoss and Housh for WR.

Best: T.Owens for Addai around week 6 (refraft). Yeah, Addai got hurt but Rhodes produced in his place and now with Addai seemingly back up to speed and a cupcake schedule ahead of him, this is playing out nicely

Worst: DeAngelo for Berrian in the Die Nasty Dynasty two weeks ago. I'm pretty stout at RB (Barber,MJD,Parker,DWard, start 3) so DeAngelo became expendable for more depth at WR. However, Berrian promptly went into the tank and DeAng has gone off since. Short term bad, but long term it still was the right thing to do.

Best

Got Manning. Traded Cutler. 3rd week of the season.

Worst

Got TO. Traded Forte. 4th week.

Best: Matt Shaub and Santonio Holmes for Trent Edwards and TJ Housh (the week before Shaub went down)

Worst: Santana Moss and Josh Morgan for Plaxico (literally ten minutes before the report that Plaxico would be suspended for the first quarter for missing a rehab)

Verdict still out: Forte and Plax for MB3 and Roy E Will ... I think I'm gonna be on the losing side of this but we will see if Forte hits that "Rookie wall"

Traded Jamal Lewis for Addai when he was hurt, I truely believe he has a much easier schedule at the end for me to make a run at winning my league, plus he is on a better team overall.

Worst...I was forced to trade away Aaron Rodgers, due to Romo being injured and traded for Farve when he was actually doing well. Farve choked the next 4 weeks I needed him, sat him this week for Romo, he goes wild on the Pats and Romo doesn't do jack. Go figure.

The best trade was one I didn't make thanks to the other guy refusing the trade!

I offerred a guy in my main league R Bush and D Branch for Ocho Cinco and Rudi in early Sept and he declined. R Bush is STILL the #1 RB in that league by 18 pts and I'm 1st in pts by 42 overall! :first:

Traded in week 2. Gave up Hightower, Colston, and David Patten. I got in return: Brees, TJ Housh. and Ronnie Brown. (He had 3 QBs and no RBs, Brown was not starting then.)

In week 4 I traded JT O'Sullivan (who I got from WW) for Chris Johnson.

Week 6 I traded TJ Housh and Earnest Graham for Wayne and Shockey.

I think I made out in all 3!

October 8,

I traded away Desean Jackson/Ernest Graham

for Thomas Jones/Marvin Harrison

This is a quote from a fellow member in my league who tried to "veto" the trade, thinking I gave away too much (and called it collusion):

"Bull***it trade!!!

Why would you be trading (the other team) for 2 players who arent close to the 2 your giving him. Never trade someone in the same division, and equally retarded move when you are undefeated and that move does not help your team improve at all. Sounds like you trying to hook up a friend. If i stand alone on this then I will silence myself for the rest of the year. Calling BULL***IT."

The following week, I played the team that made the comment and I promptly kicked his butt as TJ scored 2 td's against Cincy and MH scored 2 td's against Baltimore...

Best trade (redraft):

Traded Lendale White and Dwayne Bowe for Anquan Boldin two weeks ago

Worst trade:

Kurt Warner and Roddy White for Reggie Wayne before the season started

Only made 1 trade this season, record low!

I gave Warner and MJD for Gore after Week 3 I think. Pretty good trade so far for both sides. She had Palmer and it probably saved her season. I've been rolling with Rodgers, not a huge step down, and Gore provides consistency to compliment AP's explosiveness.

...I may regret it down the stretch if MJD becomes a stud and Warner continues his MVP push. :doh:

12 team keeper...pre season I traded Westbrook straight up for Larry Fitz...points per recpt league. Both in the final year of 3yr contracts...i just had a feeling about westy

Best:

Trent Edwards and Chester Taylor (to the AP owner)

for

Eddie Royal :thumbsdown:

Worst:

None yet.

I just traded Romo (my other QB is Cutler) straight up for Chris Johnson (keeper league). We'll see. :unsure:

I traded SJax and Nate Washington for Brandon Jacobs and Cotchery early in the season. :unsure:

8 weeks later: :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine always makes dumb trades.

Earlier in the year he traded Bush and AJ for Addai and Driver. Not looking as bad now since Addai is playing well, and Bush has been hurt.

Then he made a horrid trade. He already had Cutler, and wanted value for Warner.

Traded Warner/Boldin/Breaston for Burress/Favre/Pitt D. This was before Boldin came back, and my buddy was worried about him.

Worst part is he played both teams after the trades. Lost both games. He did the Addai deal on his bye week, with only Bradshaw to fill in.

I was pretty laid back with trading this year. Only deal I did was trade CJ24/Harrison for Gore/Galloway.

Wanted a back I trusted more to pair with Barber. and the dude I traded with wasn't making the playoffs unless he won out.

Oct 10 - Earnest Graham + Plaxico for Frank Gore

Oct 3 - Larry Johnson for Terrell Owens + Jamal Lewis (even though TO hasn't done much so far, was just glad to get rid of LJ :cheers:)

Worst: DeAngelo for Berrian in the Die Nasty Dynasty two weeks ago. I'm pretty stout at RB (Barber,MJD,Parker,DWard, start 3) so DeAngelo became expendable for more depth at WR. However, Berrian promptly went into the tank and DeAng has gone off since. Short term bad, but long term it still was the right thing to do.

His worst, my 2nd best probaly. I basically had no RB2 and a ton of WR2s. I guess it is a win-win for both of us, mostly all win so far but since it is a dynasty he might have more value. I needed more immediate help and have gotten it. :thumbsdown:

Traded Sproles for 1st round pick in 2009 draft and 1st round pick 2010 draft. So I have 2 first rounders the next two years in the dynasty league. :doublethumbsup:

Barely in playoffs right now, drafted Brady in first round. If I can squeeze some money out of this year, I will be happy.

;)

Best: Right after the draft the week before the season started I traded Bulger for Fitzgerald. The guy had Moss and TO and only 1 QB in a 2 QB league

2nd Best: Roy E Williams and Orlovsky for R Moss and fodder. Roy was just traded to Dallas and this was just before Culpepper was signed by Detroit. Same coach and he brought both trades to me.

I made two trades this season...

Best: I gave Matt Ryan for Joseph Addai before Addai busted out. Funny thing was I was playing the owner that week and used Addai against him hahaha. Sweet

Worse: I gave Favre and Tony Gonzalez for LT. It's not really a bad trade, but since it's not my best... it's my worse.

I have two:

1. (me) Warner for Jennings

2. (me) Bowe and Lynch for Barber and Hester

WORSE:

One of the owners in one of my leagues hates the Patriots so after he ended up with Tom Brady he put him on the block for the best offer. My QBs sucked since I loaded up with RBs & WRs (drafted 10th out of 12) so I gave him Boldin, Reggie Bush, & Perry for Brady. Brady got hurt that next game and my stud WRs have been struggling all year (Randy Moss, Braylon, Colston & Roy).

Luckily I also added Warner he same week as my backup QB and he later became the starter (I am 7-4). But Boldin could have made me huge!

Best one I gave FWP for ADP Guy was in a bye week panic :thumbsdown:

Worst got cocky and bought into the Hightower hype and tradded Addai for him :headbanger:

12 Team League

I had a two week period where I made 4 trades...it started the week before Reggie Bush got hurt, then I traded Deuce when the injury happened

Before and After

QB

Rivers............Rivers

Rodgers...........Rodgers

Schaub............

RB

LT...................LT

Lynch..............Lynch

Deuce.............Addai

......................Hightower

WR

Housh.............Fitz

S.Smith..........S.Smith

D.Bowe..........Driver

TE

Winslow.........Winslow

K

Akers............Akers

Defense

Tennesee ...Tampa/NYJ

Traded:

Matt Schaub

for

Donald Driver

Tennessee Defense/Dwayne Bowe

for

Michael Turner/ Hightower

(He was stacked at RB...and I was ok at RB so...)

I then traded:

Michael Turner/ Housh

for

Larry Fitz/ Addai

Then...because I needed a decent defense, I picked NYJ "D" off the waiver and made one more trade of...

Deuce

for

Tampa Bay "D"